Looks like Sam isn't all that wise

Looks like Sam isn't all that wise.

>“I for one am excited,” he said. “I saw the preview for it, and it gave me chills. It looked like they got it. I've been saying the whole time, they're gonna do it right. There's no way Amazon is gonna pay almost a billion dollars for a franchise just to screw it up.”

>“You just think, how long before it will be fresh? For an entire, at least one or two generations, it'll be brand new. They'll end up discovering our version of The Lord of the Rings as a consequence of seeing what will be new to them.”

Attached: Lol.jpg (720x759, 114.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E2fH8FeoNs8&ab_channel=Limmy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How much do you reckon he got paid to say that?

>bezos had to pay the original actors to tell everything it’s not shit
Confirmed garbage

Attached: 1628955972738.gif (500x500, 1.13M)

Taco bell diarrhea will also give you chills.

you polcels make me sick

youtube.com/watch?v=E2fH8FeoNs8&ab_channel=Limmy

>insecure fat male gets some attention
i'd say whatever they wanted me to as well

Attached: 1643392777826.jpg (655x509, 69.99K)

>There's no way Amazon is gonna pay almost a billion dollars for a franchise just to screw it up.
Threadly reminder: They're not paying for this. You are.

Attached: investor.png (1119x797, 231.55K)

Considering the state of his career, probably a box of milk duds and 2/3 of a can of Dr Pepper.

oh look, the insufferable twat who ruined "Goonies" is telling us how to appreciate kino

Based Sam, always the voice of reason

Sean Astin has a name, yet whenever a minority’s name is ever mentioned in articles like these, their names are splashed all around like they’re Lady Gaga.

TRAILER WHEN

Neil Gaiman also seems super pumped for the show

More like he got chills from amount of numbers in the check given to him.

They will almost 100% have a big panel at SDCC and show a trailer then, but that's end of July.
Maybe they will release more footage before then but for TV shows it's unusual to get more than a teaser and a trailer.
Maybe this show will be the exception

Name literally one reason why it would be bad other than outing yourself as a racist

Because I hate negros and women. I really hate negro women.

>gay man
yeah, I bet he does

TV adaptions of beloved franchises have terrible track records. That plus the bizarre casting indicate the show is more likely to be bad than good.

Also I can't even think of a great show Amazon has done.

>There's no way Amazon is gonna pay almost a billion dollars for a franchise just to screw it up.”
*cough cough* DISNEY
*cough cough* STAR WARS

your low T-cell count makes you sick

More like shills

They won't be able to, infact everything about the pre-production indicates that it should be good.
Years of planning, took a break after initial filming to refine the scripts and reshoot things that didn't work as well. Avoided the covid restriction impacts alot of other shows experienced.
Weta workshop, Howard Shore, cast of mostly classically trained actors
It's got it all

We will still berate this show at every chance. Everyone on /pol/ and /r9k/ have their pastas ready. You are not prepared for the onslaught

>bizarre casting
Whats "bizarre" about it other than you just don't like black people

>chills

Attached: 1629162346909.png (560x560, 173.5K)

>please revive my career Amazon

>people

CHILLED TO THE BONE OHOHOHOHO

Attached: 1637397284057.jpg (928x719, 323.71K)

I only want to see white people in my stories. Tolkiens Universe is set in the distant past, where niggers were in Africa and whites lived in Middle Earth

No matter how normalized it is, it'll alkways be bizarre to cast niggers as what should objectively be white people

>There's no way Amazon is gonna pay almost a billion dollars for a franchise just to screw it up.

We've been watching people fuck up billion dollar IP deals for years now.

Attached: Screenshot_20220429-145631_Chrome.jpg (1080x1613, 552.01K)

Attached: amazon elves.webm (540x348, 463.6K)

>There's no way Amazon is gonna pay almost a billion dollars for a franchise just to screw it up

Attached: bd.jpg (1372x905, 164.04K)

>bizarre casting
....'No'..

Attached: Maxim-Baldry-LOTR1.jpg (1200x610, 100.47K)

They put a black guy with a shaved head and a sideways bow in the trailer. There's nothing you can do to convince me this won't be trash.

it is possible to say that one work of a certain culture should not be adapted to be a multi-cultural work without being a racist.

Japanese or Chinese stories shouldn't be adapted to include Americans or Europeans. Indian stories shouldn't be adapted to include Aborigines. Muslim stories shouldn't be adapted to include Mestizos.

>Halo costs $10 Million per episode. It's shit.
>Stranger Things costs $30 Million per episode. It will be most likely shit.
>Amazon will spend roughly NZ$650 million — $465 million in U.S. dollars — for just the first season of the show.

This has to be a money laundering scheme right?

Attached: the day of cleansing.webm (480x270, 2.16M)

Coincidentally one of the only jews in the original cast

Damn... Do I really have to drop rudy? Ill fucking do it....

Unconventional shooting isn't bizarre casting.

I think they definitely 'maximised' their expenditure for NZ tax rebate purposes but either way they still spent an absolute fortune on this show

black people cannot pass as Britons, Celts, or Danes. That's the problem. The story was written to intentionally be an archaic mythology of Britain in pre-history. It is not about Africans. It is about the people from that region and they should be played by actors who can adequately represent people from that region.

Jake Gyllenhal didn't get a second call for Frodo because he couldn't do a British accent. Black people should have been met with the same response because they cannot adequately portray the people from that area of that time.

He is probably contractually obligated, like when Sony forced Bill Murray to endlessly praise the new Ghostbusters and threatened legal action in the email leaks.

>the reddit's most overrated character's actor has a reddit take
We all know why he was targetted and paid to say that

Attached: 1650029008942.jpg (225x225, 5.72K)

Netflix gives everything, EVERYTHING a second season, even the most awful shit, purely so they don't have to admit another godawful woke remake didn't fail.
The fact that Bebop got cancelled after S1 just tells you how truly terrible it was.

I want this show to be a massive hit because im not a colossal faggot and can see the cosplay coomtential for what it is

Attached: 1644576028382.jpg (1600x1066, 359.67K)

That 81 show was decent and got canned

>Black elf
>Shaved head
>Gansta bow
user, I shouldn't have to spell this out for you. They don't integrate in the real world. If they don't integrate in the film you can expect it to be filled with niggerisms. I am sick and tired of pretending this isn't a thing. He looks nothing like an elf. He looks like an offensive, racist caricature of a black guy in fantasy. A fucking modern haircut, a useless bow style (because he's in a tree and can't retreat or advance safely) and he's IN A TREE. It's like some kind of bizzaro world where being offensive is the new normal

It was a joke

Well you got me then. Good on you.

who cares what this fat pussy says
plays a fucking cuck in literally all media he is in
like stranger things
no way he isnt a cuck goy in real life

That mindset makes you a colossal faggot

his family was rich before he ever started acting

Don't worry it was bad

>t. amazon employee

>He looks nothing like an elf
how is an elf meant to look? show me a picture of one

cope

Attached: 1644575957879.jpg (2000x1500, 433.93K)

Yeah it was quite chilling to watch

Amazon pretty much ruined the expanse
The first 3 seasons from syfy were kino
S4 was serviceable
After that it’s dumpster fire

Yuck. I can't stand people who drink soda and eat candy at the same time.

how much are you getting paid for this grotesque shilling?
you're not doing it for free, are you?

are you?

Faggot shills, eat a dick.

he got paid, its pretty obvious. its going to be shit.

I enjoyed Everything Sucks! and that got canned after S1 too, it was easy to watch 90s nostalgiabait and was pretty well received so I don't know why it got cancelled.
Still, it getting cancelled probably led to Sydney Sweeney going for the Euphoria job, so every cloud...

>im a faggot
we know user, we know

Attached: FLPj4G-UUAIqJWQ.jpg (478x473, 32.5K)

Attached: elf.png (335x558, 64.93K)

dear god, you are

amazon is incapable of doing anything good
every game they did is just "what if we take whats popular at the moment and do our game just like that" than they pump a few millions into it and hire a team of woke no talents to execute their stupid soulless vision
the do the same with movies and series
they think if they just follow some stupid cookie cutter method and invest a lot of money the endproduct will be a hit
there is no real interest in making anything creative or unique
there is no passion no creative spark

i watched james may in japan and this guy just seemed to be pissed about how they run this docu production
you can feel how he hates working on it but is probably in for the big fat paycheck

i have the feeling they try to do movies how they run their shipping business which just doesnt work

Attached: Screenshot_20220429-151810~2.png (1080x1265, 881.32K)

But "wokeness" already started before the 2008 crisis.
Producers declaring that they wanted to make feminist movies, or movies that depicted degeneracy in a good light, or that wanted you to sympathyze with homos, etc.
It just happens that the water boiled so slowly that they can afford to do it more boldly and poorly now. Why would anybody need to "strongarm" anybody if everybody was already into it?

I thought Sean Astin was a devout christian

oh I forgot Cogman was involved in the pre-production of this, could be worse I guess

> Sam Gamgee Actor
> Sean is such a nobody they cant even refer to him by name

Attached: Eqyb6fMVgAAxLeO.jpg (205x331, 22.86K)

Kek

It's weird how extra pectoral muscles makes it instantly unsettling

The highlight of his career since LOTR was taking on gamergate.

Every single article says "Sam's actor."
Does no one know Sean Astin's name?

i think i understand what this show is about, but wtf is this? they even have them in the teaser.

Attached: lord-of-the-rings-011.jpg (1600x1066, 417.67K)

Jewish by blood, Christian by choice

Attached: 89498465.png (655x317, 25.34K)

theyre moose angels dude. what, you never read the silmarillion?

poachers or something? carrying back horns on their back

who is ready for a fucking dagor bragollach flashback?
leaks confirm there are balrogs in this scene

Attached: dagor-bragollach.png (1920x992, 3.52M)