Unironically, what's next for director Robert Eggers? What type of history kino would you like to see him do next?

Unironically, what's next for director Robert Eggers? What type of history kino would you like to see him do next?

Attached: northman.premiere.jpg (1280x853, 130.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wiok2I3al7E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nicole, if ur reading this, hit me up.

Late roman empire 300-400AD. Something cool set in that time period.

wow that alien babe looks like she's probably taller than me. guess we'll never have sex after all.

They shouldn't give him more than $10 million for his next flick

I need him to make a $120 million budget film about Celtic mythology

Yeah God forbid a studio ever takes a risk to support creative and brilliant people, they should hand over all their cash to the next capeshit installment instead.

Would be based

Cast it

Attached: faggot.jpg (640x877, 68.75K)

Thanks for the bump cuck

More horror.

Idk what it would even be about honestly I just wish there was a high budget tv or movie in that period. I think Majorian would be the obvious choice for a late roman film but I don't know who to cast. One think I'd really like is if the movie was in latin like the Barbarians TV show is, but that would kill its chances of being a big box office hit. Travis Fimmel is really good, but he's probably a bit too barbarian looking to be Majorian.

Nosferatu need to happen.

Also he need to make something about Greek gods. But nah too soon.

>Barbarians TV show
That was awful tbf

>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT

He said he's working on Elizabethan kino at the moment, but that there's multiple scripts in the works. Nosferatu is dead

Shut the fuck up redditor

I just remember the Latin and Roman costumes being really good, but I'm not a /his/ fag so maybe I'm wrong.

Attached: barbarians-od-netlfixa.png (1200x675, 685.18K)

Ancient Greece, with all the mythological shit and an uncompromising look at their faggotry, pagan devilry, etc

unironically, Blood Meridian, after seeing the Northman, i have no doubt in my mind he could do it

He needs to complete the quadrilogy
The Southman
The Eastman
The Westman

Good idea but which period?

Gilgamesh

Definitely depends on the story he wants to tell, but since he wants it grounded in history probably somewhere between 6th century BC and Alexander. A bronze age heroic story would be cool too, but I feel like an autist like him wouldn't like it as much with less known about the period

I don't think a new Troy is needed but imagine a Robert Eggers take on the Odyssey

Literally the studios have no choice but to cut costs for Eggers. He makes kino that filters plebs, but plebs are the majority. Also plebs spend money which Yea Forums faggots don't because you pirate everything.

That was a thought I had as well, I feel like the weirdness and episodic structure would be up his alley. You should check out "Odissea", 1968 Italian adaptation made for television, great stuff.

"Anatolia Story" exists

He can easily get another $70 million budget greenlit

Something set in Athens would be kino

>Nosferatu is dead
Is that confirmed?

>loses $90 million for studio
>why cant they just lose money because reddit likes his videogame movies a lot

>if we just pretend the northman wasnt a major flop, the film business will give him abother blank check.

zoomers are so fucking braindead.

Nothing confirmed yet
>Speaking to Indie Wire this week, Eggers shed light on the film and Styles' involvement.

"Dude, I don’t know," Eggers said when asked about the status of the film. "It's fallen apart twice. I've been trying to get the word out because the word did carry that Harry Styles was going to be in the movie. I just want to be clear that he was going to be Hutter and not Nosferatu himself.

>"I've been trying so hard," Eggers said of his attempts to make the film. "And I just wonder if Murnau's ghost is telling me, like, you should stop." He added, "I don’t know. Maybe Murnau’s telling me I don’t have the right."

Ridley Scott has had 4 big films flop and he's still making big budget films

I'd like to punt this little abomination with a steel-toed boot.

the siege of Carthage

You're a reddit!

he talks like a fag

Anya Taylor Joy as roman woman

Ralph Ineson as Scipio Africanus

Alexander Skardgard as big warrior man

I will cash in my crypto and give him a $500m budget for a Napoleon or Caesar movie

He really does, I watched some puff piece he did with Skarsgard for Vanity Fair and he's a full homo basedboy but you can't argue with the kino. Don't judge a book as they say.
youtube.com/watch?v=Wiok2I3al7E

Blood Meridian

shut up faggot

Family Guy

Like you would risk your job for some nerd artist

stop stealing my ideas.

Alexander Skarsgard as Alaric

What if we had rich people patronising the arts like in the olden days. I thought we were going to get that with Bezos and The Expanse but amazon fucked it up.

>history
El Cid
>fiction
Any Robert E Howard character

>Fatherless NYC theaterfag with no film experience just gets handed 4 million to make his first movie

Not suspicious at all…

Why did Robert Eggers name his son Houston?

>next
northman is a financial failure. he's back out to pasture making 15 mill cannes bait with his mates.

Crisis of the 3rd century would be amazing too.

stop asking questions goyim!

>he's back out to pasture making 15 mill cannes bait with his mates.
oh no how terrible

Basil the Bulgarslayer biopic

Attached: Forgotten_Soldier.jpg (256x389, 21.39K)

He should do a take on Lovecraft