>Dabs on black actors
>Dabs on trannies
>Makes the best Star Wars film in decades
>Devalued the Star Wars brand
>Makes the best BB episodes
>Still beloved in Hollywood despite being a white man
>Dabs on Reddit and Twitter trannies on the regular
Why do we hate Rian Johnson again?

Attached: 1606412568677.jpg (975x975, 79.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JBstE89j_7w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TLJ was so bad I didn’t even watch the last one. Literally stopped caring about Star Wars.

Attached: 43646464634634634463.jpg (1319x516, 132.42K)

Love this little fucker like you wouldn't believe. Fuck millennial nostalgia-junkies.

Attached: 1648577665876.png (890x534, 439.34K)

Don't you have some 15yo off-color tweets to delete, Rian?

Rian is the best. Absolutely correct.

>>BTFO Mark Hamill
the fuck do you have against Hamill faggot

There were so many cool things that could have been done with Snoke other than nothing then killing him off. Even the retcon from TROS of him being a clone manufactured by Palpatine was better

Smoke fan theories were better then what Ryan ended up writing, nothing. He's a good director but he's a hack writer.

Attached: rey.jpg (913x609, 359.19K)

No, the Snoke fan theories were beyond retarded and the best possible thing RJ could do was kill off that retarded mystery box character as quickly as possible, and that's what he did

Snoke is a total nothing character and killing him off to facilitate the development of Kylo Ren (the actually compelling villain of the sequel trilogy) was the best way to use the character, as opposed to making him Darth Insanius or something

All those theories being shit on and all the vitriolic hate even the people trying to make sense of his shit show, honestly it was the death of an entire aspect of the stereotypical nerd identity. Then GoT really finished it off. All those long winded explanations or attempts at finding something deeper than what was there, it just broke so many people lmao. You can see it in the hate people have and how little people seem to engage with popular media anymore, it really did fuck some peoples heads up, this guy just dabbing on all their efforts to save his own dumpster fire creation. I honestly think they didn’t just kill a brand outright, they killed the enthusiasm lots of nerds even have for ALL fiction in the first place. Then JJ came back in and just took one final shit on their face. I’m glad I just gave Star Wars up after the first new one they made. You could just tell it was going to be a fucking shitshow, and I fell asleep during that movie. Only happened to me like 3 times, and once it was a fucking Tyler Perry movie. That’s how awful that shit was.

>movies can't cover multiple themes/ideas because that hurts my child brain
>you can't just bring up problems w/ capitalism and centrism! You have to single-handedly solve societal problems with your space wizard film if you want to bring them up at all!
>it's not okay to leave ground to cover in the middle film of a trilogy!

TROS is a thousand times worse than TLJ ever was

But the first one was acceptable somehow........? They're all equally bad.

>made a bad star wars movie
yeah cool what a guy ...

>He's a good director
???????????????????

The Force Awakens is great unless you're an autistic child upset over Rey being competent or a pseud who thinks he's intelligent for noticing there was an X-Wing and Death Star in the movie

You're mentally ill.
Nothing happens
>on not Tatooine
>then we're on a forest place and Han Solo is a divorced loser that had to resort to a life of Petty crime again
>"A good story for another time"
>Kylo (why does he wear the mask and voice scrambler when he's just some uninjured albeit weird looking guy underneath) breaks his keyboard
>then han solo gets killed in a gay way
>then it's over
WTF kill yourself.

It's worse BECAUSE of TLJ. How are you too stupid to understand that? It's the final act of a trilogy with no lead in nor anywhere to go. It had to come up with a new villain on the fly and a whole three movie arc on its own because TLJ closed everything off. If Rian had directed LOTR The Two Towers, he would have killed off Sauron and destroyed the ring in the 2nd movie, then you'd be whining that Return of the King was shit.

All 3 are equally bad cesspools of dead dogs and feces.

I mostly agree but the third act is genuinely pretty lackluster. Part of what's annoying about the fanboy hate for these movies is that it distracts from the genuine problems that could be pointed out and discussed. TLJ is overly-long, a bit unwieldy/messy and has some subplots that go nowhere but all anyone ever bitches about are the elements that work perfectly, such as the Luke arc.

TFA is a boring, soulless rehash of ANH filled with mystery boxes and with no charismatic characters. And it only gets worse as the years pass by.

?????????????
THESE ARENT FILMS
they aren't intended as entertainment
they needed to queef these out for copyright reasons like Amazing Spider-Man.
Discussing the "third act" of these things?
THERE ISNT EVEN A FIRST AND SECOND ACT. there is no story.
The "writers" of these "films" hate star wars and hate white people and made these to destroy a pillar of culture, this isn't some WHOOPSIE, IT SUCKED, MY MISTAKE I WAS JUST INCOMPETANT!
>the Luke arc worked
This is fucking bait but I don't care.

>The Force Awakens is great
i agree it was the perfect reset star wars needed after the prequels, was fun, and set up what could have been a fantastic trilogy. Rian Johnson ruined it all.

Hi Mike

That's completely wrong and retarded. First of all, Kylo Ren is the villain. Snoke was just a waste of space. The only reason why people think the new trilogy need two villains, one of whom pulls the strings from the shadows, is because that's how the original trilogy was and they can't conceive of any deviation from the original formula. JJ and co are so stupid for pulling a Palpatine resurrection out of their ass that it's beyond belief, it was completely unnecessary. Second, it's so fucking backwards that people act like TLJ telling a complete story and being an actual movie is a problem when the real problem is that almost every other Star Wars film is deliberately incomplete so you have to pay ticket price to see the next one, it's just a glorified money laundering scheme. When did people turn into such marks that they complain when a film has a beginning, middle and end the way films are supposed to?

>it was fun
No it wasn't. It was sterile, grim, bleak and painfully, painfully, painfully cringe (you talk I talk?, Literally every line?) and excruciatingly boring.

>muh culture war
Go get hit by a truck

>NOOO YOU CANT JUST BRING THAT UP
? That's literally why the films are bad.

What if between JJ and this retard they've successfully made a story of kylo time looping to beat palpatine

compared to the prequels it was a masterpiece and i liked it

Star Wars didn't need a fucking reset. We've already seen the OT a million times, how about a brand new story?

>1. They didn't say otherwise
>2. The film is content with the rebels benefitting from child slavery, way to "expose" the flaws of capitalism lol
>3. They didn't say otherwise, consider taking English classes

no, it's not

Star Wars was never a "pillar of culture", you fucking braindead fanboy cretin. It was always commercial diarrhea meant to peddle colored plastic to infants. Only manchildren with nostalgia goggles view it as anything more than that. Disney is a massive corporate conglomerate, it only cares about making money and it only appeals to progressives as a means to get them to open their wallets. The idea that they would deliberately sabotage an excuse to print money in order to take some idealistic stand is so insanely stupid that I can't believe people actually believe it. They have no ideals. They milked the franchise dry, they made their money while the getting was good, and that's exactly the fate a franchise with no artistic integrity or legitimacy of any kind like Star Wars always deserved so I'm not losing any sleep over it.

1. Yes they did
2. The empire benefits from child slavery, the rebels stealing weapons back from the empire hurts the empire. Why can't you follow the plot of a film intended for children?
3. Yes they did, take your own advice

For someone that has such a low opinion of Star Wars you sure do want to talk a lot about it.

Ok so you're illiterate

Cool. At least acknowledge how they flash the receipts of a child slaver selling goods to the Rebellion.

Attached: 56646456456456.jpg (348x145, 8.83K)

Sauron would have been killed off by Saruman, with the latter being set up as the big bad for RotK only for a Smaug clone to return revealing he was manipulating everything the whole time

This.

Every single movie in the “Sequel” Trilogy was total trash. Last Jedi was an abomination. But so were the other two. Disney is wise to bury them in the sand and move forward with Grogu/ Din/ Ashoka/ Grand Master Luke, etc

Attached: 3413532C-9486-4BCF-B03D-DDB7D73ED435.jpg (1080x1080, 251.43K)

the force awakens was the only movie that could have been made better by the next two.... but Rian Johnson was a piece of trash

Having so many elements from the OT is the biggest flaw of the new movies. It would 100% be better if they set it farther ahead. No Luke, no Leia, no Han or Chewie or Lando and definitely not Sheev. Even if Luke was done opposite to how he was in TLJ, he would just be distracting from your new characters.

>They're all equally bad.
No. TLJ was exceptionally heinous.

no its not
TROS doesn't open with a your mom joke

The only reason people wanted a new trilogy in the first place was to see the luke, leia and Han again. Just look how TROS is the lowest grossing sequel despite being the "final chapter of the Skywalker Saga"

>your snoke theory sucks only because we literally have no plan whatsoever

4 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 3 > Solo > 2
Nothing else is cannon

So Rian made you grow out of your Star Wars obsession. Dude went out of his way and risked his career just so you along with an entire generation of men could finally grow up. And have you ever thanked him for it? Hmm?

Attached: brian.jpg (571x556, 21.8K)

>brick
>looper
>the fly episode of BrBa

Objectively speaking, he is very talented and has a great eye for composition

Uh, the sequels aren't canon and neither is his movie.
Don't give a shit what happened in them.

I give Rian credit.
He singlehandedly ensured Disney wouldn't be releasing more movies for years
Tlj sucking made solo flop hard and seriously hurt the bankability of star wars
He unironically killed Disney's reboot/sequel trilogy member berries attempt and made everyone that said someone besides Lucas should do star wars eat their words

>Obsession
Try again. I just enjoyed Star Wars. I grew up with the OT and I’m older than you. Rian just ruined the entire franchise. I don’t have Star Wars toys on a shelf you pretentious faggot.

>why does he wear the mask
Otherwise, it would've been extremely painful.

Lol this gotta be bait

>puts a mom joke into the starwars canon

Attached: the red menace.webm (720x304, 687.35K)

Someone with a plan should have done the trilogy. They literally just chopped it up and let directors do whatever they wanted. No over arcing storyline. No big twist planed. It was like a writing exercise in school where you pass around a paper and let everyone write a paragraph of a story. It felt exactly like that.

For someone who claims to not care all that much, you sure sound upset by TLJ. It's okay, the work was already done whether you recognize it or not.

Attached: 1628872357177.jpg (960x960, 89.93K)

Lol what a cope, people simply stopped caring about future star wars movies, the OT still exists, the new trilogy simply reinforced how good they were.

Attached: 1650729447054.jpg (570x403, 33.21K)

Lucas was a lucky retard and the prequels proved it. The OT was great in spite of him.

I enjoy shitting on trolls that pretend TLJ was something other than offensive abortion. Like arguing with a flat earther.

He did cost Disney a lot of money, so I can forgive him for being 5'2''

>The OT was great in spite of him.
>this meme again
Lucas kept kasdan&co-faggots from ending the OT with Luke putting on Vaders helmet and saying he was Vader now
He kept Han from getting killed off
Why? Because Lucas isn't an edge lord who thinks sad endings are hip an cool
Lucas wanted a happy ending to his story and that's what we got.

>>BTFO Mark Hamill
But Hamill agrees with him, user.

>Rian made it complete shit on purpose
Are there bigger retards out there?

Han should have been killed off. For no other reason than Ford didn’t give a shit anymore.

>people simply stopped caring about future star wars movies
Yeah, and it was thanks to Rian, asshole. Star Wars was headed in big-time annualized franchise zombie trajectory before he put a swift end to it. So pay your respects.

Attached: 1627457873210.gif (500x375, 444.67K)

>5'2''
rianbros
we got too cocky...

Bullshit.

Having OT elements was nowhere near the biggest flaw of the new trilogy. I seem to remember Yoda, Vader, Kenobi, Tarkin, Boba Fett, Emperor Palpatine, etc all being used well in the OT despite the fact that they were all Prequel Characters.

The biggest problem was that they created new “characters” that were garbage and nobody cared about them. That they just remade the OT without doing something new or interesting. And that they humiliated and degraded the iconic characters because they were afraid nobody would like their new bland sheaves of colorful plastic. The ST is garbage and not because Han Solo was in TFA.

Attached: 1841CBCC-3351-47EE-9DDF-178BA11F3D3C.jpg (864x576, 45.64K)

>kill off actor that is still alive
>keep alive character who’s actress has died
What a giant fucking moron Rian was.

No. Han surviving 6 ensured a happy ending and it was right to keep him alive
Edge lord points =/= good movie

>Rian is cool because he failed so hard
kys

youtu.be/JBstE89j_7w

No he doesn’t.

Imagine missing the point of Luke's character not only in TLJ, but across all films, this hard.
Typical reddit meme-culture.

You can have a happy ending with Han dying you idiot. He’s not even the main character.

Not failed. Foiled. He foiled the mouse's plan.

>The biggest problem was that they created new “characters” that were garbage and nobody cared about them
Yeah and it's a shame cause I think Fin could've been a good character
Didn't do anything with him in 8 though except fall for the Asian girl

>Ryan made a shitty movie
>NOOOO, YOU DON'T REALISE RYAN MADE A 4D CHESS MOVE AND SAVED STAR WARS.
Like i said a shitty cope, Ryan wanted to make a movie and he failed, end of story

Attached: 1647445725184.gif (818x809, 945.9K)

>Rians “point”

>He’s not even the main character.
He's 1 of the 3 main characters
Killing him would've overshadowed vaders redemption and death and made the ending sad, so no it wouldn't have been a happy ending

Do you know what would have been even better? If he made a quality film.

They did neither those things, kill yourself

lmao

Just watch that interview in full, not just out of context snippets, brainlet.
Hamill literally needed to distance himself from the likes of you publicly for wilfully misrepresenting him.

God fucking fuck no, that'd keep the engine running.

The Last Jedi isn't some deconstructionist anti-sequel that actively opposed franchising. It clearly deified the Star Wars IP with the same fetishism of the Force Awakens.

Agreed on your points except the "made the best star wars movie in decades". His trilogy was fucking garbage.

Nope. Lucas' point.
Luke is: Impatient, quick to overreact, overly emotionally attached, aggressive, rebellious.
But also: Fearful, stubborn, too proud, egocentric.