Why didn't they just use guns against the borg?

Why didn't they just use guns against the borg?

Attached: picard-machine-gun.gif (610x260, 3.29M)

In one episode of voyager they were gonna install a super powerful railgun onto the ship that absolutely mogged phasers.... but then nothing came of it.

That was a holographic gun user.

And holograms have been shown to be able to exert kinetic force time and time again, for whatever reason

why don't they use guns in start trek in general?
phasers are great but you think they would have like some space carbines as backup for evetime the phasers inevitably stop working

he turns the safeties off dummy and makes alfre woodard get in a cleavage baring dress. picurd is based

Probably because of star trek's dumb ideological politics. Guns = bad, primitive and warlike. Phasers and photon torpedoes and contantly blowing eachothers ships and planets up = enlightened peaceful technological advanced future.

Resistance was futile, did you not hear?

Half of trek has some dangerous super powerful tech that could've been weaponized into a devastating countermeasure but They're never heard from again. Even space CIA has forgotten about them.

Slugthrowers don't have a stun setting.

The best configuration would be something like an m14 with a phaser attachment mounted onto the barrel like they currently do with grenade launchers

Phasers work fine though? They've killed a lot of Borg with 'em

>m14 with a phaser attachment

Noguns faggot

You generally get only one good shot on the Borg before they adapt. He disengaged the safeties on the holodeck and mowed the m down. Trick probably wouldn't work twice.

>full auto with no recoil
lol

Even phasers have kenetic force user.

Bullets are more likely to ricochet. Also if you're in a space ship (admittedly these are very big & advanced ones to making this somewhat redundant in the latter point) it makes sense to have the development of weaponary of follow the path of ones that are more accurate, can hold more ammo, easier to get more ammo, have more firing settings and run a much lower risk of putting a hole in the ship with a missed shot.

Who claimed the safeties where on? There's no denying it kill the borg drones, but it's still not an actual gun.

Do you have a problem with me using an m14 as en example or are you just being a setting faggot for no reason?

>Even phasers have kenetic force user.
Why bother to respond if your missing the point of what im saying entirely?

Gun rights are claimed by the right.

the same reason they dont have space suits until it was required in the borg movie

like use space/quarantine suits when visiting a new planet instead of relying soley on sensors and transporters trying to remove viruses

It would be pretty easy to make a little shield generator to block the bullets. Worf makes one out of spare parts and his communicator badge in the one where he and Alexander are cowboys.

Attached: shut-up-wesley.webm (1280x544, 2.39M)

I didn't. The point is "for whatever reason" is explained in the series. That these aren't what "we consider holograms to be. If we're okay with holograms being solid in that universe, then it's not "time and time for whatever reason" it's "the norm and expected". A holographic paper aeroplane could generate kenetic force. It's a moot point bring up.

The point is that kinetic impact weapons, even holographic ones, have been shown to effective on the borg in a way that phasers are not. So yes, you definitely missed it

>holograms exert force for reasons we don't understand
>yeah but phasers do reee and you shouldn't even bring it up because reaons
You definitely missed the point

Bullets - Material based - Borg have never been shown to adapt to melee attacks for example.

Holograms - Energy based - Borg have always been shown to adapt to these.

Back to before, phasers have kinetic energy, the borg always adapt to them. Heck usually the first borg with "adaptation" to phaser frequency has a little push back then continues like it's not even a stiff breeze.
I missed nothing

>Holograms are better than the phasers because they exert force
>I know phasers do to but ignore that.

Guns would be perfect against the borg, as they can only adapt to energy weapons by memorizing the beams frequency and modulate their shields accordingly. But they are vulnerable to simple, plain kinetic traumas, such as the one s made by bullets.
Why didn't they use guns? Because guns are le ebil, and feds are in gross denial when It comes with weapons. They consider phasers as a "multitasking tool", much like a scuba diver knife, rather than what it actually Is. For their libshit sheltered idealistic mentality, using an instrument made purposedly for killing would be heresy. Let's not forget, we're talking about people that never touched raw meat and swoon at the idea

Attached: D6tWIXGW4AISNct.jpg_small.jpg (383x680, 45.35K)

They made a DS9 episode about it.

Attached: ezri_dax_03.jpg (640x742, 163.07K)

It only worked because the Borg hadn't adjusted their shielding to it.

based on same tech as replicators. It basically is a real gun, just confined to the holodeck

The amount of times they've been used to heat rocks as a "campfire" or cut a hole in a cave supports this. Not to mention being able to go from different forms of "non-lethal" to "kill" with while still keeping a clean shot primed on the target is too great an advancement to throw away.

>captain, a dampening shield is preventing the use of phasers!
>captain, a magnetic storm just disabled our phasers!
>captain, this entity has tinkered with our phasers and they're now useless!
Every. fucking. time. Just use the good ol' Garand

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 288.68K)

No it's not (which to be fair Trek is pretty weird when explaining this shit from time to time).
If it was basically a replicated gun, then you could take it out of the holodeck.

>Some episodes: Computer locate person x - Computer tells you specifically where that person's body (live or dead) is.
>Other episodes: Computer locate person x - Computer tells you only where the comm badge is.
I love Trek but sweet geez do I need to be given strength to accept their nonsense sometimes.

Are there any factions that use cannons in Star Trek? They'd be impractical from the perspective that you have to carry physical ammunition vs. just having batteries for energy weapons, but am I wrong in assuming that a cannonball would fuck up just about every starship in the ST universe aside from Borg cubes?

borg were always scary and top tier enemy on trek
but jesus christ this last season of picard has turned them into a joke
the queen was made basically into a nano Karen.. and fucking jurati just being like "what if we like jsut asimilated the rejects?" that is so dumb.. they totally ruined the mistery and terror of the borg

Phasers look cool

>Currently rewatching Voyager getting towards the end
>Reading that Picard has turned the borg into a joke.
I need to go to church and thank god I never felt a need to watch that show.

i loved borg on voyager, they were an awesome enemy
the last episode of voyager always gave me goose bombs during the finale, i had fucking everything, borg, time travel, cool baddass versions of regular characters

jesus christ i just remembered the tuvix episode exists and almost puked in my mouth

It only worked because the borg weren’t expecting holographic kinetic weaponry because they would never attempt to assimilate a species still using chemically propelled kinetic weaponry.

the firest season of picard is actually pretty good, the second starts off strong, but then it just turns into shit
i never thought there would be a boring time travel season on trek

just wondering whether there is room for my penis and thereafter a quantity of my semen in the thing in your picture, as it seems like there would be.

>Why didn't they use guns?
because borg can just use their nano tech to project simple force fields to stop the boolets

The borg adapt to energy weapons, did you even watch?

There's only recoil if you're a pussy faggot

T. Never fired a gun

Picard fucking ruined the Borg. Turns out they weren't the big scary bad guys, the queen was just lonely.

Borg shields can adapt to kinetic weaponry around. There was an episode in TNG where the Borg shielded against tat Bat'leth.

I've got to post it

Attached: picard-chunk.gif (152x160, 899.91K)

This thread has given me the impression that I should only watch SG-1 seasons 1-8 then stop. Is this correct?

Attached: stargate_sg-1_cast.jpg (620x349, 43.4K)

I solve that problem by never watching any nutrek in the first place. So for me, the Borg are still a terrifying, unstoppable menace that has been merely delayed by Janeway.
Amen.

Doug

Yes.

>the queen was just lonely.
god this was so cringe... i'm gonna pretend it is just this alternate reality queen that is fucked,
real borg would be more like sociopath who experiences no feelings pretty much, she is more like a bee queen, assimilating is her primary instinct and driving force

>Oops! My bad

Attached: 1648924803932.png (670x600, 337.96K)

the whole SG1 and Antlantic are great shows
SG about that lost ship in space i forgot the name of is a total trash show to, it was so fucking boring jesus christ

cute boomer

Voyager was based

Bumping for borg genocide

This is dumb. A phaser is more accurate, more powerful, more versatile, and has a higher capacity. Why not just bring a second phaser?

he’s onto gus

Don't forget to watch Babylon 5.

based on bad characters and drug-addicted writers, yes, have a cookie.

that's how the holodeck worked you absolute fucking retard. How do you think they climbed rocks and shit.

they had particle weapons capable of blowing up buildings but they set them to stun all the time. It was the liberal media of the time and guns were bad.

Attached: IMG_0411.jpg (800x575, 141.03K)

>Borg with 'em
>'em
>must make myself seem like one of the cool and hip, trendy trek fans... they have Lower Decks and Discovery and PICARD and that new one now...