The Lighthouse

It was KINO. Just fucking admit it already.
The memes are also great.

Attached: 550x777.jpg (550x777, 102.87K)

Good aestethics and acting, mediocre script.

Dafoe was peak KINO

It's the best film I've watched in recent memory

Alright have it your way. I liked the lighthouse

Yeah, it's a masterpiece. The dialogue, the metaphor, the acting, the cinematography... all top-tier.

What was his problem?

Attached: seabird.jpg (922x768, 32.67K)

Lol nice

Attached: cringe.jpg (246x205, 5.93K)

i loved The Lighthouse
too bad i saw it after i quit drinking, haha, i bet it wouldve been a good movie to watch while getting drunk

He needed seed so he could feed

Go back

samefag

Attached: cringe ye.jpg (640x747, 38.46K)

Fate seabirdified

>bad luck to kill one
>the little bastard made sure Thomas just couldn't resist

haven't seen it and I don't plan to

Attached: b0e[1].jpg (656x679, 30.74K)

Boring, slow, gay, stupid script. Only use ai can think of is using to get laid to crazy bitches who think they’re smart or deep, heh I bet they are deep

Attached: faggot.jpg (1280x960, 271.02K)

give me back my 2 hours you fucking hack nigger

I know a fat girl who’s pretty crazy who watched it, and she didn’t like it at all. It must be sad to realize that you have the same taste as a fat girl who’s crazy, though. I’d be pretty embarrassed if that were me, but thank god I’m not so fucking awful retarded fag like you. That would suck

>director says it isn't about any one thing in particular and a lot of the imagery is vague on purpose
>widely accepted to just be a character study
>shot in B&W/old aspect ratio to match the time period, not as some attempt at arthouse
>nothing pretentious about it, just 2 fucked up dudes going insane
>makes Yea Forums pseuds absolutely seethe and feel compelled to denounce it every single time it's mentioned
I love this movie, but what I love even more is how much it pisses off the counter-counter-culture contractions of this board who can't stand people enjoying what is basically one big painting

We're outta kino.

Attached: img1.png (1920x1080, 142.47K)

Decent

*Contrarians, not contractions

Attached: img2.jpg (1920x1080, 95.36K)

Attached: img3.jpg (1920x1080, 83.31K)

>mediocre script.

You're literally talking shit mate. The script was fantastic.

KINOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: img4.png (1920x1080, 682.84K)

During a really low point of my life during lockdown I was inspired by this scene to try drinking rubbing alcohol
I have never been so fucked up in my life
I also spent 2 days straight puking afterwards but holy shit, it was an experience

I loved it but the idea of Thomas and Winslow being the same person makes me dislike it. I fucking hate how most people argue that's what is happening.

They're not the same person

Literally never seen that said about the movie outside of Yea Forums posters trying to convince people to hate it

It's left open for interpretation and since it's the easiest way to deconstruct the film all the faggy film-school students parrot that talking point. I realize it shouldn't detract from the film, and it really doesn't. I just think the story works much better without that thematic angle.

The people who hate the lighthouse are probably the ones saying the new batman was good. They’re mentally stunted retards are should have been aborted because whoever brought them into the world didn’t care about them or know how to raise them

Instant movies women dont understand kino.

It's entertaining, but it's just a mediocre remake of Bergman's Persona. I enjoy it for the aesthetics. The Witch is a more effective film.

Idk I showed it to my normie friends and we shut it off after 20min. No appeal

Genuine 10/10 for me. Now one of my favorite movies

Script was the best part

This. Women do not get it at all, my gf is totally apathetic to it and she hated The VVitch (Lighthouse is so much better it's unreal).
The Lighthouse is a movie about men, for men. Not much more or less than that. It is very impressive and aesthetically cohesive.

Attached: cute cartoo.webm (640x800, 2.94M)

the eggers reddit poster is so desperate to be another barneyfag lmao

Go do something useful instead of mass replying and shitting up the thread. If you don't have any taste go to /vt/ or Yea Forums or something to mass reply.

Attached: lighthouse.webm (640x480, 1.46M)

im waiting for the deluxe version

Attached: lighthouse in colour.jpg (496x618, 41.69K)

Current eggers rankings

Lighthouse >>>>>>> Witch >= Northman

>they're the same person
I'm pretty sure Thomas represents Winslow's conscience.

The entire story was a metaphor.

It is

>It's left open for interpretation
When? If they were the same person then even simple moments throughout the movie would make no sense
>Thomas teaching Winslow how to properly carry things up the lighthouse because he doesn't know how to
>Two person tasks like the scene where Thomas is hoisting Winslow on the pulley while he cleans the lighthouse
>The major plotpoint when Winslow finds out Thomas isn't going to pay him
I know your not agreeing with that interpretation but I genuinely haven't seen anyone take it. Sounds retarded

Guilty conscious manifest, self fulfilling prophecy, something something masculinity, it's just kino OK? Just feel it.

Ba da da
Ba da
Da

It filters out autistic people and faggots. I wonder what that makes you

whadabout it

you losers can only afford to date bottom of the barrel, culturally retarded women then whine on the internet about how some middlebrow film can only be appreciated by men, as if the average normie dude would ecstatically enjoy The Lighthouse

Women wouldn’t appreciate it because they don’t understand Winslow’s struggle. Women are naturally subordinate for the most part

I hit a nerve, didn’t I? Lmao

you're naturally a pseud

Yet you sound like a woman

It’s true tho, only butch lesbian women who played softball have a chance at liking it

Faggot

STOP, YOU’RE NEVER GOING TO BE BARNEY OR MOEPOSTER! JUST STOP

Lighthouse is peak Reddit, yes

Calling stuff reddit is the saddest most nerdy loser shit I’ve ever heard of. Get a life. Have sex. Talk to a woman. Leave the house. You fat ugly smelly ogre. God, I fucking feel bad for you but hate you at the same time. Why do you have to do this. GOD! GOD DAMN!!

>thinks he's an cultivated connoisseur because his favorite flick is 2 hours of two dudes farting at eachother in black & white

Yes.

Why are you masturbating right now?

Dudes? More like homos lol

you seem extremely insecure and friendless

My cock is hard so I rubbed it. What a stupid question

>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT
REDDIT
>REDDIT