Rec me the bleakest movie ever. could be war, doesn't have to be but i want lots of violence, feelings of hopelessness...

Rec me the bleakest movie ever. could be war, doesn't have to be but i want lots of violence, feelings of hopelessness, the setting needs to be a hellscape where all positivity dies and all characters are put through a sadomasochist torture in cages (preferably literal but can be metaphorical)

Attached: 1651087972589.jpg (304x288, 19.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/d1kImUGLv6o
exmilitai.re/film
youtube.com/watch?v=ONDaW2rd7uM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mary Poppins (1964)

Dude Where's My Car

Fauci (2021)

youtu.be/d1kImUGLv6o

REC

nocturnal animals

Plague Dogs

Threads is pretty fucked and is exacerbated by the notion of it being realistic and possible

Martyrs

Threads

For non-war non-meme films, I'd say Eden Lake. It's true drear comes from the way it descends into its nightmare, starting at a base level that seems quite pleasant.
Definitely not the sort of film I've ever had the desire to watch again.

this, Melancholia, Grave of the Fireflies, The Road, The Elephant Man, Leaving Las Vegas

The answer is Salo but fuck that movie and you

Attached: tSQor2aAIMGgkOVwsrC2OFhvKnG.jpg (1400x2100, 495.13K)

>Grave of the Fireflies
hold up, soiman...

Attached: poster-780.jpg (780x1147, 167.01K)

Martyrs is pretty bleak and fucked up. The original French version.

damnation alley

Hereditary. I personally didn't think it was scary but goddamn was it depressing.

I teared up at this one, and I was sitting in a room with three girls I knew. fortunately one of them burst into loud crying and ran out of the room, so that might have distracted from my own condition.
that was 20 years ago, when I still had some small measure of hope of a decent life.

Since the same films just keep popping up in these types of threads I'm gonna recommend a really bleak film that I don't often see recommended. The Beyond is surreal, gory and ends with, well, let's just say it's not a happy ending.
If you liked Grave of the Fireflies, be sure to check out Barefoot Gen if you haven't already. It's a very similar film that predates GotF by decades.

Attached: index.jpg (325x482, 270.13K)

Attached: 6395647.jpg (600x888, 297.09K)

this one has no hope or anything good coming to the characters, it kinda does border on being too edgy at times

>5h 34m

Jeez.

these same right was i was looking for
>A group of survivors must cross the desert while freak storms and giant, mutated killer insects prey on them.
Holy Kino
saw it, was kino
interesting

It's pretty crazy how the USA covered up the millions of Iraqis who died of starvation.

>these same right was i was looking for
these seem* like* what* I was looking for jesus christ

The Road, turn the movie off 15 minutes before the ending

Snowtown was the bleakest one I've seen in some time, felt dead inside for a good 2 days, fucking Yea Forums cunts always reccing it alongside Lilya4ver.

Attached: 1626598953847.webm (520x280, 2.02M)

The Road

The Turin Horse

Dead man's letters, nuclear war aftermath

exmilitai.re/film for stream and some other soviet apocalyptic films

Attached: Featured-170730-DeadMansLetters.jpg (960x520, 103.9K)

STOP
PLAY

another one, Screamers.
isn't a feel good film

Johnny got his gun.

My suggestions would be Lilya 4ever and The Road. I'm not really into bleak depressing movies but these two stand out as really hopless.

Threads, no doubt

They were so excited for democracy they forgot to eat

Attached: yellowbrickroad poster.jpg (666x1000, 196.36K)

Snowtown

threads

grave of the fireflies

lol once an islamic fundamentalist has access to nukes, you will wish we had starved more of them

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

Funny Games is an obvious rec, but I think it perfectly exemplifies the feeling of hopeless you're after. 1997 version.

Men Behind the Sun is easily the most hopeless and disturbing film I've seen, but part of what makes it so disturbing is the fact that everything you're watching actually happened.

Just watched that for the first time the other week, absolute kino. Lady Vengeance (Fade To White version) is even more depressing

A Serbian Film?

I really love that they built a functional APC for the film. Probably one of the coolest prop vehicles ever made.

Attached: landmaster.jpg (1260x840, 496.93K)

you should have done it honestly, openly and systematically.
every single arab, muslim, african, halfbreed, slant, abbo, pajeet, south americans jungle cannibal, all of them.
do it

it was a better time. must have been fun to be in the film, riding around in a custom apc

>when the guy hugs his daughter

Attached: 1615894931728.jpg (750x1000, 129.67K)

Melancholia

Synecdoche NY

Amores Perros, very intense all throughout

youtube.com/watch?v=ONDaW2rd7uM

Letters from Iwo Jima
>listening to the children's choir of their hometown sing them a farewell song over the radio while they eat worms and drink mud

If you haven't seen it already, you really should

Attached: pusher.jpg (840x1152, 102.4K)

Africa Addio
Empire of Dust
The Redemption of General Butt Naked