Am I supposed to feel bad that the peasants they subjugated and oppressed for centuries defeated them and removed their...

Am I supposed to feel bad that the peasants they subjugated and oppressed for centuries defeated them and removed their aristocratic privileges?

Attached: sLv5pXysIz7QbtKFJy85d5yxv2W.jpg (1000x1500, 235.1K)

Yes. The rabble have proven themselves multiple times now to be too susceptible to degenerate behavior. First Rome now modern western world. Beat the peasants. They need not vote.

the common man is a detriment to himself because he doesnt have discipline cultivated by intellect generation after generation, exceptions are not the rule

>samurai
>Tokugawa
>not degenerate

Are you jewish or marxist perchance?

You must be 18 or older to use this site

Oh no no no no EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS FAG HE THINKS HE IS PART OF THE ELITE OF SOCIETY WHILE POSTING ON Yea Forums Yea Forums HAHAHAHAHAHA

t. peasant

you must not be a jew or a marxist to be considered human

I'm glad you think the royal houses of the Bushes, Clintons, and Kennedys deserve to continue their incestuous aristocracy

I wish more movies covered this time in Asia. It really was a crazy fucking world as western ideals began to infect Japan and China. The Last Emperor is another kino like this.

>democracy
>royal houses
>americans

It's a film about heritage and culture dying to be replaced by the west. You are just putting your own warped perception of modern ideas into places in which they do not belong.

Agreed, and I also like the pre-isolation period where westerners were already infecting jap society so much that they chimped out, killed and exiled a bunch of them, killed Christian converts, outlawed Christianity, and closed the borders, which made them grow stagnant and weak until this movie's time period. Pretty crazy shit. I wish we got more films about that time period. But it would probably be woke garbage if made today, so maybe it's for the best.

inbred retard moment

Read Mishima.

>heritage and culture
Japan's "culture" is coping and seething that they are a Chinese derivative, and Koreans the same except a Japanese derivative.

You know nothing, sir.

Or you could be worried that a culture that had a literal warrior class for centuries, with all the social responsibility and constraint such entails, is democratizing and letting the rabble in.
>t. Chang coping that Japan held off the West for hundreds of years while China was fucked in the ass (and had to beg daddy USA to save them after being conquered by Japan...only to become a vassal for the USSR).

>t. chinksect
No one will EVER like or respect your stinky dog-eating polluted censored shithole as much as they do Japan.

>warrior elite focuses on cultivating heritage ways to wage war instead of advancing in warfare technology to the point when they get shrek'd by a bunch of peasants who learned to operate a cannon like month ago
Yeah, fuck them. They had one job and decided to wank over origami instead.

same families that ruled japan for hundreds of years rule them today.

>Yes. The rabble have proven themselves multiple times now to be too susceptible to degenerate behavior. First Rome now modern western world. Beat the peasants. They need not vote.
s2rx8

Attached: asf.png (696x701, 35.57K)

The PLA would crush the JSDF like the Americans crushed Iraq in Desert Storm

I have the last emperor extended cut downloaded, should I marathon it?

What was Meiji's greatest accomplishment?

Attached: Meiji.jpg (700x857, 102.28K)

You say this, yet china has not been in a war for a very long time. Even when they were a waring state they were not very good at it. My money is on Japan, numbers will not help you in a modern war. Do you even war though bro?

BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU

It's less Western ideals and more Western efficiency. Japan changed because it realized they would be steamrolled otherwise, like the Chinese were. They needed to become stronger instead of staying weak or they would become a victim. That meant having to get rid of old obsolete hierarchy, which in other words was to modernize their decision-making and delegation structures, to ensure more efficient and intelligent decisions are made, so more efficieny social strucutre and industry can be achieved, so that they could retain as much of their culture and self-determination as possible. To be strong, you must learn how to compromise with practicality, to sacrifice the old obsolete that you may protect and preserve that which isn't obsolete.

>spend thousands of years fighting each other in wooden armor with brittle swords that shatter on impact and never invent any relevant technology
>ahhhhh help me America based white man
japs are barely more intelligent than nogs, prove me wrong you can't /thread

Attached: katana breaks.gif (387x217, 1.28M)

christianity arriving in china directly lead to like the third bloodiest war in history

t.cucks
>yes please rich people fuck me in the ass and subjugate me!

based Omura beating the feudal savages into submission.
he helpes japan catch up technologically.

That's like bragging you can kick someone after someone else far tougher than you beat the shit out of them and tied them to the ground.

Attached: EKCcBhuU8AIipTW.jpg (1536x2498, 1.1M)

It was the Japanese themselves that limited the military post-war.

It was not because of Christianity, it was simply because of superior force. Any other religion with that kind of superior firepower would've acted the same way. China's cultural inertia led to its downfall, and the Japanese saw that and refused to go down the same way. Those traditionalist samurai who couldn't accept that raised a stink and were dealt with out of necessity, and thus Japan did not go the way of China.

The US put into their constitution that they aren't allowed to have a standing army, retard. Article 9.

>the peasants
Lol nowadays most high ranking government officers in japan, both civilian and military descend from samurai, as do most CEO of their top industries. It was always samurai vs samurai

lolno, the Japanese have superior technology, leadership and allies. The Chinese are profoundly lacking in all understanding of warfare.

This but unironically

>It was not because of Christianity, it was simply because of superior force. Any other religion with that kind of superior firepower would've acted the same way.
what? it was a civil war bro

Shidehara admitted it was his idea. Claims that it was MacArthur are revisionism.

Attached: samurai.jpg (1200x675, 345.84K)

no? They didn't really depict anyone as super righteous. It was a story about conflicting honour and tradition vs modernity

Based, weebs seething over simple truth

The taiping rebellion was not what you describe

You Will Never Have Taiwan

They could take it, but boots would be washing up onshore for the next decade or so

the vast majority of 'people' are unthinking drones to be used as a tool, or appendage.
it is the few, brilliant and morally superior who should control that mass.
the samurai proved themselves superior by their physical skills and strict moral guidelines. they deserved to rule.
look at how the idiotic masses have behaved for the last two years, does that seem like rational behaviour?

Yes because the Japanese were hopelessly cuckolded, you dumbass. It was a sign of submission after they unconditionally surrendered due to the 2 nukes. How much more can you cope?
>oh no bro we always wanted to have no military and lose all our territory haha that's why we spent decades building an empire and started wars with other great powers and committed all those atrocities hehe like duh lol
Fucking dumb tard.

A civil war that came about because of a superior power's ability to force its own culture onto another culture.

That's debatable and a slide. The point is Japan being defeated by the US is the reason they don't have a standing military. You're retarded if you think that Japan decided on its own to no longer have one.

rich people are bourgeois subhumans who inflitrated everything since they appeared and are now the only caste which dominates ever since ww1; money is only the weapon of the bourgeois; a noble wouldve cut you down on the road for looking at him funny

I don't think that Belgium needs taiwan so I'm cool with it

They won't be trying for a long time now after seeing their biggest supporter get militarily BTFO and then financially wrecked by the international community.

I don't recommend it, it's over an hour long.
when I watched it, I zip-scanned it, just press "skip 5 minutes" for everyone one minute of watching, more if there is heavy dialogue. that way you can finish a 2 hour film in 40 minutes. even then you should take a break in the middle.

Japan has been free to modify their constitution since the occupation ended, and literally did to send troops into Iraq. You are the one coping pretending it's anybody but japanese leftists who are preventing rearmament

So a noble acted like an American street nigger, got it. Why'd you think this would make them look good?

If anything China is more emboldened now because Russia is reliant on them.

the second someone starts bombing their gas and oil imports across their sea trading route, 500 million chinese will starve to death in like 2 months lol
China going to war with literally anyone would be like the Russian fuckup in Ukraine x1000

Yes because the USA now allows it. Cope.

The Samurai were extremely degenerate and they were also all about appearances. One famous samurai had a twink monk who blew him and it became a trend for samurai to take peasant kids to become their dick suckers, not because they enjoyed it but because they were "keeping up with the jones". They also killed people at random to "test their swords" and could not be punished for this. Fuck the samurai, they deserved to die out.

because they sacrificed their lives defending your entire country you fucking maggot, because every fiber of their being is ciseled to become grand and noble

Meiji was a genuine asshole. I get that he wanted Japan to modernize, but he did it in such a brutal way.

Also, revisionism is that Shidehara conceived Article 9 himself and placed it in the constitution. Evidence suggests that such was being formulated and was introduced by MacArthur and his staff and it's likely that Shidehara assumed a larger degree of onus in order to cement and justify Article 9 according to Japanese willingness and sovereignty.

I didn't want to entertain that retard's point because it's a slide.

And America won't be harmed from having their main electronics producer be under a naval blockade?

Attached: War_Time.png (1800x596, 1.72M)

BRACK DETECTED

Attached: Nobi.png (1293x1112, 908.65K)

This . Japan didn't decide on its own not to have a military. You're retarded.

The world will always be a shithole because there's so many retarded people like OP who always think the unwashed, angry masses are automatically correct and the powerful establishment is always wrong. This is why we will never actually experience peak human society.

Lol I accept your concession considering your argument is falling apart to a set of coincidences and onesided readings of geopolitical affairs. Go back to your anime son