Is it good?

Is it good?

Attached: 483165A1-0D1D-4925-A323-BF71E6090421.jpg (2764x4095, 1.42M)

Yes I liked it even thought it was quite a long movie

Yes

could definitely have been half an hour shorter but it's enjoyable. not the best casting however.

Watched it the other night, it’s like a 6.5/10. I think it looks and sounds the part of a Batman movie. The director told a really stupid story though, and a criminally boring one at that. Felt like he tried to milk so many scenes to give it this long runtime. Seems to have fooled certain people into thinking that means it’s kino.

Yeah, it's fine. Not amazing, but worth a watch if you can stomach 3 hours of capeshit.

Best Batman movie

Don't know and don't care Tbh batman has been done too many times now.

It's a story about a 35 year old billionaire acting, dressing, monologuing and journaling like a 15-yr old plotting a school-shooting.
The Batman mythos has been so thoroughly shit upon by this point that this movie is still above the bar of acceptability for the character.a
Batman is now stuck in an eternal cycle of stopping social justice sociopaths from blowing up his city.

Yes, one of the best capeshits out there. 7/10 still

Yes.
Better than Begins, even.
However I'm almost certain that this was a fluke, and that the sequels are going to be shit.
I'm still going to watch them, though.

Wasted Potential: The Movie. But it's still good.

It's fine, too long.
The world is great but the characters are awful.

I like dit a lot, but I think the next one (not in the same universe) should go full Noir instead of 70s grit&90s grunge.
Cloth costume. batman actually using detective work, stealth, plans, Batman Gambits, acting instead of only reacting. Forget ninja batman versus muggers, go with Bats burning mafia money (like in John Wick), destroying drug labs, saving kidnapped victims, etc.
More smoke bombs and distraction, less acrobatic karate in armor.

Kravits was kinda fucking annoying in this
Sexy as hell, but dour.
If I think about the movie my lasting impression is her face lookin upwards. with a mournful glazed eyed look on her shiny polished face

There's very little this does better than Begins really. Begins was actually a good exploration of the character and driven by Bruce. The Batman is a detective movie where Batman's presence is weak despite all that screen time and overall, he's just a bore to watch just like most characters in the movies. I don't even like Kravitz and didn't want her as Catwoman, but she written better than Batman or Gordon.

Yes, the duration is fine

It's pretty good. Mogs all the other Batman movies in some departments, but has some huge flaws that make it underwhelming by the end. Had the potential to be much more. 7/10

The Cinematography was really well done. The acting was also very good.

However if you just watched as is, the story and the characters are rather dull.
You needed to already by aware of the batman universe to understand the film.
As soon as you see the riddle, its as if the audience is supposed to just know its the "riddler".
As soon as you see some cats around catwoman, you're just supposed to know "ooo, she's catwoman". Her mask was already really bad. She says a cringe line about "white male privilege".
Batman doesn't straight up murder the niggress democrat, which was disappointing.

Well, she has agency at least 3 times in the movie when it comes to her own investigation into the murder of her friend, for better(twice) or worst (almost getting killed by her father), unlike Batman and Gordon who just react to things during the whole movie. Understandable for Gordon as he's a cop, but Batman only agency scene turns out to be a (murderous?) red herring. U so clever Reeves, he goes after the Penguin and it's a Red Herring!
Pottery!
Classic!

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 9.29K)

This does everything better than Begins. Batman is silly in Begins, Bruce is boring as hell in Begins, his arc is defined by Rachel monologuing poetry to him, and the villains are weak as shit. The first and last act are dull, and the second is saved by the batsuit not being as shit as TDK's.
Bale doesn't look like Batman, and that fucked up mouth and teeth nearly ruin all credibility. Gordon is the only good bit of casting, because Alfred is overrated as fuck in Nolanshit.
The Batman lingers on the vengeance arc which Begins should have done, and after the fucking explosion in the mountains, Bale's Bruce is a perfect character.

Attached: bat.jpg (849x1200, 253.29K)

6/10
"I will never watch it again, but it looked cool"

Forgettable.
"Go woke go broke"
No new characters into the batman universe, just recycled.
Lazy story telling, uses previous themes/concepts to lift the story.
Some scenes were very boring.

>he goes after the Penguin and it's a Red Herring!
Fuck. I'm such a brainlet, I didn't even get that.

It literally has a theme never used before except for five minutes in Begins where Bruce carries a fucking gun and then gets slapped so he throws it away even though he would have remembered the gun for his entire fucking life and would have never touched one, let alone planned to use one.

I agree somewhat, but it's also a product of it's time- woke, gritty, self indulgent, misguided and derivative. Basically, 2022 Batman.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

I mind.

I'm the one who made the post, and I'm 53.
It's a pretty rubbishy film that tries to seem more clever than it is, and that makes it a good inheritor of Nolan's faux Batman enterprise.

I can't tell you how sick I am of every goddamn Batman villain (or even anti-villain) being some socially conscious dipshit.
This is the 6th Batman rogue in a row who's upset about social injustice, I remember when they WANTED TO STEAL SOME STUFF.

Attached: Joker.jpg (467x427, 39.62K)

>Batman is silly in Begins
If he was silly in Begins, he was a total clown in The Batman considering he's incredibly dimwitted and the movie constantly makes him out to be inept and literally everything he does. Even his one bright moment with the car chase was just another moment of him being bad at his job and endangering everybody for no good reason.

Like most of the criticisms you have can be hurled right back at The Batman and then some. Alfred? Probably the worst one we've seen yet with the worst relationship with Bruce ever. Great villain? Riddler forces the audience to sit through an extra hour for no reason because of his stupid flooding of the city that no one asked for. Like the Batman drags forever in the middle and ends in a cgi shitshow.

Nope. It's like they took a shitty direct to video Bruce Willis movie screenplay and just put a Batman skin over it.

Fair enough. I liked it, but in a way that 38 year old married me looks at tik tokers. I'll take the animated series batman any day but I don't think that would fly now. I'm not the target demographic anymore.

I actually responded to you, you are responding to a troll who posted a "two word" response for lulz.

its decent. The musical motif for batman is good, the mob parts are great, actually better than in nolans, and the detective and police aspects are good as well. The story starts out strong but finishes really poorly when it comes to the reveal/execution of the riddler's motives/final plan

You're the first person I've heard say anything positive about the soundtrack.

It's amazing because of how much it made poltards seethe
>Black Gordon
>Black Catwoman
>White privilege line
>Riddler is an incel
>Incel uprising gets BTFO
Also, if there is a sequel and it has Barbara in, she'll be black as well, which you know will cause more seething

Yep, I see that. This board needs more old farts. Going to hop on the eliptical and watch kk01 instead of going to theatre

You think Harvey Dent will be black (again)?

>Harvey Dent is a brilliant black legal strategist setting out to fix Gotham's crime troubles
>He's exposed to a chemical concoction brewed up by the Joker
>It gives him vitiligo over the left half of his body, turning him into a diabolically evil caucasian criminal split personality.
Or would that be too on the nose?

Attached: coinface.jpg (232x218, 8.51K)

Flawed but I loved it, most soulful superhero movie since Raimi's Spider-Man to me. Reeves clearly has a creative vision even it it isn't to everyone's taste.

Lmao

Attached: E3F0E1C1-2739-4342-97C6-9656A96D2C14.jpg (261x185, 16.4K)

I cried when Bruce talked to Alfred in The Batman. I fast forward every scene between Alfred and Bruce in Nolanshit. Why? Because the dialogue is unbelievable, and the performances can't salvage it.

no still wont watch it and never will

its on the same level as dark knight , when someone makes a version that cuts out the bloat its going to be a 9/10 for me

Attached: 4ants.jpg (657x527, 24.45K)

I really liked it. I really hope they do more with the next 2 movies, seems like DC keeps making as many movies as Marvel but they have like 3 characters.

>watching in theater
>cat woman says the line
>guy 3 seats away from me starts complaining about wokeness to his wife
>guy behind him tells him to shut the fuck up
>everyone starts laughing
>he gets up to leave but his wife wants to keep watching and he sits back down

Attached: feef.jpg (600x315, 21.14K)

That's because Bale's Batman was written as perfect from the beginning. He never made mistakes, ever. Even when he had a chance to, he didn't make one, so he was never portrayed as infallible.
That's what I call a boring character.

Yes, capekino, don't mind all the comic book fags that hate it for not being accurate enough, should unironically be nominated for Oscars for that autistic sperg in the end

No, it's boring, not because it's 3 hours long but because it's just really boring. You will be bore withing the first 15 minutes. The script is retarded as fuck and that's a plot for some shitty TV series, not for a movie made for cinema. The investigation is boring, the plot is about crooked politicians, boooriring, lots of names and you won't care. But the worse is the villain. He barely shows up for a long time which is stupid because villains are more interesting than the stupid bat. But then when they show him he's fucking pathetic, Paul Dano sucked, it was cringe as fuck, just like Jared Leto.

Attached: The.Batman.2022.1080p.WEBRip.x264-RARBG.mp4_snapshot_02.20.57.957.jpg (1362x785, 72.02K)

Terrible story, terrible and annoying villain. Batman not violent enough. Didnt like the portrayal of Bruce Wayne(Not Batman, Bruce Wayne)

6/10. Has good visuals and good fight scenes

cinema is dead

It's the first movie I've watched where it's more than just a dismissive nod to Yea Forums, it's a giant middle finger and that alone makes it worth watching.

Attached: 1498762239091.gif (300x212, 1.1M)

>capekino
cringe

I like the characters and I like the mystery, conspiracy, investigative atmosphere but ultimately the plot is just stupid. All of riddler's actions don't really come together in a satisfying way, which I feel like is really important if we're going to spend hours following his plan around. Theres scenes here and there that drag it down, the whole thing didn't need to be that long. But I do love just dropping the audience into the movie with hardly any establishing stuff, and I love batman being autistic and weird, and the riddler being autistic and weird, and the ultimate scene between them being mainly the two having a fit at each other.
tldr great atmosphere, great framework and characters, nonsensical plot with a lot of hacky dialog choices

7/10 the most soulful batman movie even though the ending is shit
Captcha: kek

Attached: 78C6CA0E-5625-454C-96D2-7DC75B6D6D48.jpg (535x168, 44.16K)

Yes, but definitely more impressive in the theater

Also i didnt like how stupid batman was in the movie. I know he is young here, year 2 and shit, but fucking up something as simple as a translation is too much(And Penquin out of all people points the mistake out). Riddlers plan almost worked because batman was dumb LOL. And the only reason why his plan failed is because he pointed out to batman that bats fucked up

>cringe
consider suicide

first and second act is very solid, shat the bed in third tho. riddler was kino.

and don't forget, Gordon is even dumber

yeah Gordon was like a child walking around, having no idea what he should do

John Turturro and Collin Farrell were the best thing in the movie.
Gordon's actor was fine, but didn't get the chance to shine.
Alfred was just... there. Sometimes? I can't even recall his face lol
Pattinson was really good in some scenes and just average in others.
Kravitz was good in the scenes when she wasn't alone with Batman. That was kind of weird.
Dano was overacting so much. It fits the character, but I cringed a lot. Classically. I cringed classically.

No. It's poorly paced and the writing is juvenile. Paterson does nothing with the character; batman winds up looking even more out of place than usual.