Why is anime so trashy and juvenile...

Why is anime so trashy and juvenile? Maybe because I didn't grow up with it but it's super hard to take seriously and get invested in. It feels like it's all written for people between the ages of 10-21. About as much substance as video game schlock,YA fiction and capeshit. All of the old ones I've tried that get recommended here were complete trash which is odd because I assumed the taste was better here than Yea Forums. You gotta have some arrested development to enjoy this stuff or excuse it all with nostalgia and watching it ironically. This isn't art, it's kitsch low culture fare.

Attached: ninja-scroll.jpg (750x1050, 230.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j677PxZWifM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

More movies are made than Anime, and they are full of garbage.

>It feels like it's all written for people between the ages of 10-21.
It is

Well uh it's heckin mature and edgy because it has boobs and blood!! And no it's not exploitation, it's different because japan! Thing bad, japanese thing good!

Im 26 and still watch plenty but 90% of shows that air every 3 months are complete shlock, The shear variety is nice but its mostly throwaway shows that i would never recommend to anyone. .

Bad argument because anime is the product of one country. There's more bad movies than bad anime and good anime, but the great movies hit marks anime could never. If someone says that there's only 10 anime worth watching that's probably completely correct and not at all farfetched. There's hundreds of thousands of movies from the world made since the 1890s and yet we can only really say that a thousand of those are objectively great art worth being preserved.

Attached: 1640842547742.png (488x439, 313.17K)

Because they're made to make a profit. You don't mature money with real art unless there's a money laundering sceme involved.

I mean I enjoy the occasional anime film or series but I'm under no illusion that the target audience for alot of it is teenagers. Yeah now and agian you'll get something like Paranoia Agent, but that's usually an exception not a rule

I feel this way about non-anime. I'm not even white and I'm tired of how anti-white Hollyjew is. It was always red, but damn.

Japan can handle adult themes without turning into HBO

Attached: eroge history.png (1200x1500, 1.03M)

>All of the old ones I've tried that get recommended here were complete trash which is odd because I assumed the taste was better here than Yea Forums
There's a reason recommendation threads are bannable offense.

Many modern filmmakers are influenced by anime.

Attached: 1651233179264.jpg (847x900, 58.66K)

Attached: 2 types.jpg (1024x538, 70.92K)

>I assumed the taste was better here than Yea Forums.
Yea Forums's taste in anime has always been embarrassing. Even the retards on modern Yea Forums have better taste.

I want my escapism and I want it now

Attached: arifureta-harem.jpg (3694x1887, 1.02M)

Nigger are you fucking criticizing Ninja Scroll?

I literally live in Camden and have never seen a chained up vending machine before

youtube.com/watch?v=j677PxZWifM
How about Automated cafe?
How long would a place like this last in Camden, before the locals realized there was no security or staff inside, and they'd steal every bit of furniture and interior that wasn't nailed down

For me it’s the utterly nonsensical and lazy worldbuilding, retarded tropes, weird and melodramatic dialogue, complete inability to use subtlety in any way, excessive wish fulfillment etc. I know there's nonshitty stuff and I've enjoyed watching it but most of it is built from the ground-up to appeal to retarded teens on an international level.

What's your favorite show on Netflix?

Attached: big mouth.jpg (736x776, 150.09K)

>y-you have my epic animes sir?? you must like this garbage netflix stuff!!
Reminder that anime is the medium of choice for literal trannies

The only anime I recommend to normal adults is Angel's Egg (notably a very style over substance film) and Jin Roh.

0 days, but I’m sure there are plenty of places in america where a place like this would go unmolested

>show has a disgusting artstyle where every character looks hideous
>the trans character is STILL noticeably uglier than everyone else

props for the accuracy

Attached: dee.jpg (2544x4000, 381.85K)

>I know there's nonshitty stuff
Name any. Berserk was good until it went full retarded magic shit and playing around with elves. The first half of GantZ was good until dumb shit like vampires showed up. Attack on Titan was fine until Isayama got brain damage. Dorohedoro was pretty good, that's about it.
Anime is bottom of the barrel trash. These faggots who defend anime watch One Piece and Naruto.

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket

>Name any.
No. Stop fishing for recommendations, do your own research.

>reading a manga about giant bugs
>every other panels has a naked woman, sex, or gore
Wow how interesting

Fine
What's your favorite show on Amazon Prime Video?
What's your favorite show on Hulu?
What's your favorite show on Paramount+?

Attached: prime video.jpg (1079x1282, 491.91K)

Tatami Galaxy
Katanagatari (shit ton of animey tropes but I still liked it)
First half of death note is kino
I also liked nhk, haibane renmei, and kaiji

You can't be saying that ninja scrolls is babby garbage... Just because it has action and violence doesn't mean it's shit, I think those films along with vampire hunter D do a great job.
The fact that you dismiss anime like that just means that you incarnate some form of luddite, where you can't accept a different media form than what you consume.
I've never seen a genuine cinephile dismiss japanese animation.
You are just a retard nigger.
You can't bundle Kawajiri films, Miyazaki, takahata, Satoshi kon, Hosoda, Anno.... and the shitty weeb stuff you see on Yea Forums

Mecha shit is extremely lame. I can't watch that cringe low effort shit.

people will tell you it's just for kids and teens as if it is a shield against all criticisms of anime. you aren't supposed to take it seriously, it's supposed to be bad, that's just the tropes and you have to ignore it, etc. this is a bad faith argument as children are smarter than they let on and people who say this usually were raised on garbage and were dumbass children because of this.

there's a plethora of great literary classics that were aimed at children, in fact many of them were adapted into anime in the 70s which shows you how far everything has declined that anne of green gables and heidi of the alps directed by isao takahata (who'd later go on to make films at ghibli) was the standard for childrens anime. then it was bastardized into pulpy trash like gundam, fist of the north star, dragon ball, etc.

from mature stories with nuance and actual characters for a cartoon in the 70s to brainless shit where people punch, shoot lasers and scream platitudes and cliches at each other.

a fucking childrens cartoon with little girls for protagnoists are more nuanced than trash like berserk that is intended for adults. it's fucking hilarious.

Attached: 1611215954519.jpg (768x768, 100.07K)

Absolutely seething lmao
I torrent it all but prime had invincible which was decent albeit a little teen drama-ey. Jinx is a really good show I think they funded it.
Hulu has nothing made anything good
For Netflix I think Arcane utterly blows so much of tv anime out of the water in terms of animation. Making a murderer is good but Steven probably did it (Brendan is innocent though).

actually jinx was hbo

>I've never seen a genuine cinephile dismiss japanese animation.
/film/ consistently makes fun of anime for how low brow and retarded it is
>You can't bundle Kawajiri films, Miyazaki, takahata, Satoshi kon, Hosoda, Anno.... and the shitty weeb stuff you see on Yea Forums
i just did. you're falining to understand that just because the pictures are pretty compared to the little girls in high school genre doesn't mean it still has some depth. it's just above average.

/film/ isn’t representative of cinephiles. Roger ebert complained about how Americans refused to watch animation and especially japanese animation

>it's kitsch low culture fare.
Anime requires artistic talent and an understanding of stylization, physical acting requires far less effort because it is inherent in us. Anime is far more artistic than the garbage you consume.

Mentally ill tranoid thinks everyone who doesn't watch tranime must watch the latest jewish pozz shit

Shut the fuck up with your depth nonsense.
What the fuck is depth? You want your film to be some kind of philosophical allegory or some shit?
For instance Godards films have people making long sentences and referencing books, but most of the times it's just for fun and a pretext for cinema, it's not actually taking itself super seriously, a film is art, not some canvas to write your highschool assignment

god i wish anime didnt die in the 80s

The thing I cant tolerate in anime are dialogues.
I am yet to see a single anime with DECENT, average writing. These characters dont speak like a human beigns, no matter what genre or which series.
I am getting a second hand embarassment when I hear anime characters talk.

season 1 of castlevania. i actually had high hopes for a brief moment

>NOOOO DO NOT CRITICIZE THE CARTOONS I MUST DEFEND NIPPON
Japan is a good country but you people act like anime is their culture lmao. Average Japanese person probably thinks you are a weirdo

Why does every anime need fucking coomerbait too? Are Japanese "people" incapable of watching something without masturbating to drawings?

>You want your film to be some kind of philosophical allegory or some shit?
That retarded shit is the opposite of depth.
Depth in media is the rich story telling, complicated well written characters with emotional depth and motivations. That's what makes something rich.
>hurr the evil mech guys are doing the t-pose (like jesus on a cross amirite??)
This is just extremely lazy shallow pandering. Meaningless references to nothing of any substance.

This is a stupid question, but what streaming service isn't "jewish pozz shit"?
If Anime sucks. What is the alternative? I am asking seriously

Attached: Think 2.png (600x600, 139.23K)

Wouldn't that logic negate the action film itself?

>to take seriously
News flash: you're not supposed to take it seriously. It's entertainment for a culture where you work 18 hours a day. Taking it seriously is the exact opposite of what you're supposed to do.

Anyone have that video where the guy says the reason anime fans hate dubs is because of how cringey it is to hear the shitty dialogue in your own language?

I wouldn't know, I don't use any streaming service. I pirate everything and everything I watch is 20+ years old.

criterion collection

evangelion is one of the rare instances of a popular anime show being actually good.
The pandering to redarded consoomers is literally the point the show is making, just watch the last few episodes.
It was made as a deconstruction of moe, mecha, and other bullshit, sadly, the audience was too retarded to understand that and sent death threats to Anno.

Why do you need a streaming service? Just pirate whatever shows/movies you want to see and keep a watchlist on IMDb or something. My IMDb watchlist has like 3000 things in it so whenever I want to watch something I just choose something out of it

Japan has its own crime problems

Attached: crow.jpg (2400x1800, 1.26M)

>dude the sexualization of underage girls is actually really smart and subversive you see
it's all so tiresome

Attached: 1604967582599.png (503x408, 10.21K)

Even if I'm pirating something, it is something put out by Hollywood or Streaming alternatives that are basically the same

Attached: gay kiss.png (991x697, 619.31K)

>sexualization of underage girls
I think most anime sucks too but you sound like a Twitter troon
16 year olds can be hot in movies and can be hot in animation too

Bless those brave souls which sent death threats to Anno, because without them there wouldn't be the masterpiece that is EOE.

plenty of great western stuff sexualize young girls, so what?
americans I swear...

Evangelion is pure shit enjoyed only by complete retards and tranime will always be discredited because every tranime fan thinks of Evangelion as the masterpiece. If this is the best tranime you can name then it's no surprise that none of the other stuff is good.
Evangelion is so badly written it's not even funny and on top of it nothing interesting happens in it. The meaningless references to religion and the author's depression doesn't elevate the tranime, especially when the author has gone on record saying it meant nothing and he just thought crosses looked cool. You could argue that it's style over substance and you can appreciate the style, but it's not a pretty tranime, I am not impressed by the visuals and the style of it, it's not fucking Ghibli.

you don’t really seem to know all that much about movies. try expanding your horizons and finding stuff that isn’t anime or whatever MCU or Atlanta-scene movies you apparently think constitutes every modern film