Let's just kill the second main character of the show out of nowhere because the series is ending and we only have like...

>Let's just kill the second main character of the show out of nowhere because the series is ending and we only have like 3 episodes left

Reminder, the last season of the Sopranos ruined the Sopranos, not the Many Saints of Newark

Attached: eee.jpg (1024x588, 72.45K)

> Let's just kill the second main character of the show out of nowhere
Are you talking bout Better Call Saul

I just hate how everything became gray and edgy in the final seasons. A lot of shows were doing that at the time - House MD for example.

I just hate how pathetic his death was

nowhere near as out of nowhere as chris

last season of the sopranos was a hit job, studio realized people were too sympathetic to Tony and his crew so they had to ruin everyone.

Its not because it was kitschy, it was the arc of the series.

Tony is revealed to the fans and shown to be losing his humanity more and more through the series, and its really hammered home in the final season, and the visuals reflect that.

The final season is showing New Jersey as a bloated corpse slowly rotting.

It was set up for quite awhile.

>out of nowhere
Are you sure you’re old enough to post here?

Retard, almost every season the biggest death is a few episodes before the actual season finale.

it certainly does feel like it

>out of nowhere

>out of nowhere
Fucking PLEB

Funny how Chase himself always rejected his theory, saying that Tony didn't change in the final season and was always a piece of shit. I guess it's just him being pretentious and trying to convince himself he's smarter than the audience.

That's exactly the point. Tony is a hypocritical fat disgusting slob full blown homicidal piece of shit by the end.

UP IN THE-

He doesn't really embrace it until after the coma. I think that experience exposed his true character once the "every day is a gift" philosophy wore off.

It can go both ways.

I think Tony was always a piece of shit, its just revealed more and more to the audience. We see him murder for pleasure a couple times in the early seasons. Not because its for business, but for his own personal enjoyment. Thats about as bad as you can get.

In fact I'm pretty sure Kennedy and Heidi is the episode where he stops second guessing himself.

I love the scene of Tony talking to Carmella trying to justify Chrissy's murder by saying he sensed relief from Carm when he broke the news.

Absolute psychopath shit, honestly funny.

Attached: 1490776488815.jpg (533x533, 62.34K)

It doesn't really matter what the author says. Like with Ridley Scott and his stupid shit with Blade Runner over the years.

Chase pretty much answers questions how he wants in the moment, it seems like. I don't think he likes being put on the spot to answer questions about his show that were maybe left vague on purpose.

Facts

it suited his character, a junkie burnout with delusions of grandeur, dying in such a depressing and unpleasant way, kino moment desu

Tony knew the bond between them was broken. It was going to be one of them.

The last two seasons were shit, let's be honest

I love seeing things unravel. Also, the last two seasons were closer to reality than the earlier ones.

He had it coming

All seasons are great, some are brilliant. I'd say 4 is actually the weakest for me.

You know, user, every day you go about in pity for yourself, but all the while a great wind carries you.

Attached: 13a25843b751896a.jpg (851x851, 45.32K)

retard

Because it's true. How the fuck has he changed? He was a piece of shit since episode 1.

how the FUCK did he get away with this?

Attached: file.png (1163x648, 837.93K)

Chris got close when he did the movie without permission and gave too much away. When the drug problem became too bad he was loose canon and a liability to the others.
Add in Tony most likely fucking Adriana and you could just feel how close he was to ratting out. Adriana suggested it too through the agent she'd been working for.
It was obvious he was closest to the bunch of bringing the whole thing down

As Tony sorts out his issues he becomes colder and harder. His messed up traumas were the things that let him emphasize with other people, because he had a lens through which to sympathize with others to some degree. "I feel these messed up things, perhaps others have these messed up emotions too, I'll go easy on them." As he got "sorted out" he couldn't see the suffering of himself in others anymore.

>It was obvious he was closest to the bunch of bringing the whole thing down
No, Tony himself was. He destroyed the group through his selfishness. As leader it's his responsibility not to shit on the people he's meant to lead. Loyalty is something you earn, not something you're entitled to.

What are you talking about OP S6 was pure KINO best example is Join the club episode.

Attached: gr.jpg (1165x614, 123.81K)

Yeah, well maybe he shouldn't have done all those crimes.

retarded take, not worth typing all the ways ur wrong

Attached: C0512AF2-5AB3-40EC-8C0F-932C78BE0A69.jpg (511x553, 131.39K)

Wasted both our time by replying at all.

Chris died when Adriana did. He just didn't know it yet.

You crybaby bitch. Go watch something gay, faggot

The thing about mobsters is that most of them are irrational anti-social halfwits. They think about themselves first and foremost, and the organiation (which is a social group of antisocial people) is a secondary concern which only matters insofar as it benefits them personally. They always act out of line, it's in their nature. They all accumulate more and more baggage as the years go by. At some point, they're carrying so much baggage that it becomes easy to justify getting rid of them lest they sink the whole organization.

what kind of retarded writer thinks that the audience will sit down and stomach a piece of shit with no redeemable traits for 6 seasons?

>life lost to the Mafia
>couldn't return home to his family because he lost his identity to the Mafia
>Surrounded by people but so far away from everyone The Captain is always alone
>Mafia slowly loosing ground in the modern day and age
>Fully aware about it and how his life is slowly and dangerously, headed for the rocks
>the lighthouse in the distance
Absolute fucking KINO

Attached: re.jpg (1800x1012, 139.78K)

Nice quads
Tony was a piece of shit, but he had GOOG qualities too. By the end of the show, the writers/Chase had removed all of his good traits.

Attached: Sopranos Superbowl.jpg (824x612, 52.02K)

*GOOD

>watch any real detective show
>detectives are fat slow boomers like 63 years old
>their interviews are just them asking probing questions and occasionally yelling randomly
>guy they’re interviewing is always a fucking moron
>gives it away within 5 minutes

I want a movie where a stereotypical depiction of a movie sociopathic genius killer goes up against Detective Schlub and Officer Schmuck and still loses because they just casually piece together his crimes by simple observation

What good qualities did he have that he lost by the end?

Attached: OHSHIT.gif (350x261, 799.78K)

6B is by far the best, it's not even close. Maybe a few episodes in season 3-6a are better, but as a whole, 6b is the peak.

it would have been impossible for tony to keep everyone happy, but he definitely made a lot of wrong moves that alienated his crew. not killing vito for example, or killing ralph because of a personal beef, or giving chris so many passes on his out of line behavior.

Tony may have occasionally showed someone some shred of empathy but as others said it was mostly because he was projecting his own issues and they made him think for maybe half a second before his retarded violent impulses and shitty upbringing and genuinely awful sense of what a man had to be like took over his tiny pea brain. By having a feeling of vulnerability he was able to empathize with others maybe a little better, but when he sorted it out like most awful people it was revealed he really didn’t have much going on upstairs in his brain damaged mind and just went back to being a completely heinous retard. You have to learn empathy, it doesn’t come naturally, but in his world empathy can get you killed, and every single one of his friends were literally animals, somebody like Paulie Walnuts would’ve just seized on any opportunity to dominate if you showed any compassion at all. They all deserved each other.

yeah i like the final season a lot, i didn't enjoy it as much on the first watch, but you can see on rewatch that the show is done pretending to be anything else, and the true vision in it is coming out into full bloom.

AJ actually looks pretty good there

true this is why i like the show. it has this KINO episodes where you can read between the lines another good example is where's johnny and commendatori.

the loosing his ID and briefcase is just so good to his lost life and Identity to the mob. and the signaling lighthouse at the end.

Also Burning is top 5 KINOs in the last few years

very tryhard goodfellas stuff from the pilot
but as close to realistically as possible
degenerate gambler guy, likely has other illegal dirt he's hiding
local pd moles leak potential charges to tony
guy knows if he says anything about the attack to the police they'll just come kill him
if cops don't respond immediately in the act it's kinda plausible, but still one of the worst moments of the series and obviously a "woah look at this gangster show!" pitch as part of the pilot

>Went to AJ's football games and supported him
>Went to Meadow's Soccer games and supported her
>Still did nice things for his wife, even if it was after he cheated on her
>Was funny
>Had more respect for his Uncle Jr.

It really pains me I use this website with dumb faggot retards such as yourself. Fucking cocksucker.

KEK

Please help me bros