/trek/

Vegas Edition

PREVIOUS

Attached: Voyager Vegas.jpg (1023x814, 145.71K)

BATTERIES!

Attached: MONCH.png (1920x800, 1.46M)

What's McMahan's endgame?

Attached: LOW LGBTQ+.jpg (803x2641, 299.57K)

Just when you think Picard can’t get any worse, it just keeps finding new LOWS.

I bet she could just suck nails right out of a 2x4

Attached: E181F801-F4A8-4FA0-8F08-52CA614C8EDD.jpg (1080x1350, 190.39K)

Man this picture is so funny and creative. Just like Lower Decks! You should post it non-stop everywhere all the time. You're so cool!

Why does the fat-faced woman need to eat batteries?

It’s important to remember.

I’m gonna cum into the great link what do you think about that faggots

Attached: 818E3935-DCF3-4227-9A14-A1E2FAF335F7.jpg (1342x1014, 94.52K)

Mental illness can be cured in five minutes in the future

Attached: mentalillnesscured.jpg (700x530, 143.41K)

The drop becomes the ocean

I fucking told you they’d ruin this scene.

Attached: Yvette.jpg (652x652, 64.02K)

Great. You’ll create a race of half-breeds who can’t quite change their shape.

Attached: 6308EE6B-D287-4F35-8F95-0DAFBA424A61.jpg (600x338, 62.34K)

They directly referenced it. Genuinely surprised they even knew it existed

>I, your crazy English mother, am going to hang myself now
>"I'll always remember you as an old French lady, maman!"

It reminds me of that stupid Sherlock plot twist where they revealed that Sherlock remembers his childhood friend as a dog.

Ironically in Star Trek there are only few examples of advanced research. My ideal job would be something like a "supernumerary wildcard problem solver advisor", just like Dr. Zimmermann I guess. Living isolated and thinking how to fix complex stuff. It isn't that I don't like people, it's that societal life is a bit poisonous for the soul of introverts. I need a lot of time for recharging and decompressing. Also, I cannot peak if I'm not left oversleeping and resting a few more hours after waking up, just to be sure I'm not overworked. I know,

Attached: 1642955952270.png (1500x1500, 289.98K)

OK, dude. I'll do my best!

I’m convinced Prodigy is NuTrek’s outlier. But they’ll probably ruin it in S2.

Why are you so desperate to shill nu-Trek? Just accept that all of it is trash. There's no exceptions. All of it is varying levels of garbage.

I guess she needed lead and acid?

Yeah but some of it is enjoyable garbage

It's an OK-ish kids show. Nothing less and nothing more. I guess that's enough to be the best Trek show these days...

None of it is enjoyable. Stop shilling nu-Trek. I'm sure that Reddit enjoys
>le enjoyable garbage
but keep it away from here.

Prodigy is not garbage. Like that user said, it’s nothing special; it’s inoffensive, and that alone makes it the best NuTrek.

>Prodigy is not garbage
Yes it is. You're always like this. You always slurp up the newest nu-Trek show because you have 0 standards. As soon as it inevitably does something retarded, or controversial you'll then pretend that you always hated it, and that the newest nu-Trek show is first decent nu-Trek show.

There’s nothing in that show that I can hate. It’s that simple.

Not that user, but you're a fucking retard.
STD, SPIC and LODE are fucking trash no matter what they try to do. PRO is a kids show and as a kids show it's OK. That's all.

To be fair, even if it’s okay, I understand that NuTrek has abused everyone’s good will to the breaking point.

Fair. But having a spergfest because someone said a kids cartoon is OK as a kids cartoon (while calling all the other NuTrek shows trash) is fucking retarded.

I don't watch discovery, I'm not going to watch the next ugly sheboon wokefest, but I find picard watchable, it's not good trek but I'm not as autistic about it. Maybe because I don't consider it or lower decks canon, so it doesn't bother me that they're like 75% retarded. Would I prefer more new ds9 and enterprise? Yeah. But, what we get is new voyager and animated voyager, it's whatever. And there is more globohomo in every other new show by comparison. They're never going to make a good trek series again so whatever. I've seen every good tv show so yeah standards go down when not being a rerun is the main positive.

Yes yes, I've heard this all before.
Soon I'll be hearing about how STD, SPIC, LODE, and PRO are fucking trash no matter what they try to do, and that Strange New Worlds is OK.

No, she need lithium, so she ate car batteries. No, I didn't mistype that, that is the exact logic as presented by the show.

Yeah exactly, and I think I saw maybe one or twk globohomo moments and mostly it's just a little more boring because it has simplistic plots. Do I want to see if they ever go to the federation? Yes.

>but I find picard watchable
2/10
try harder

>They directly referenced it.
I think the problem is they did it in a stupid way. Picard is like "I imagine her as if she was old" which you might wonder about from time to time if you lost your mom but you're not going to remember her that way or have an emotional connection to it. It was a dumb way to retcon their recasting of his mom with the kind of character THEY wanted (which isn't anything like his mom in TNG)

Yes I am pointing out they're retarded. Libtards think all batteries contain lithium.

Meds. Take them.

PRO can still go full retard, of course. It’s good to be apprehensive with NuTrek.

Attached: Prodigy trekpu.jpg (692x387, 164.93K)

Okay, let me get this straight. Ten Forward is called Ten forward because it’s on the tenth level and forward section of the ship. That makes sense.

The bar in LA 400 years earlier is called Ten Forward.

Why would she name it ten forward? I haven’t delved too much into how retarded this show seems but that is just a prime example. It’s as bad as the dagger shit from Star Wars episode 9
Why is a fucking bar named that?

If it isn't watchable then just don't watch tv. If you don't want to watch garbage turn off the tv or watch the sopranos over and over forever.

Does it matter? I learned not to treat this seriously and so should you.
It’s obviously not the same Picard, not the same Guinan, not the same universe.

If you autistically analyze it's probably already full retard. The problem with modern trek is you have to throw your brain out the window to enjoy it.

How long before they'll turn this into a soft reboot of TOS?

Attached: SNW_head.png (1800x992, 1.83M)

And the ent D was modular. They didn't even have it in season 1 of tng.

>It was a dumb way to retcon their recasting of his mom
Oh yeah, completely agree. Was just greatly surprised they even know that scene existed at tried to work it into their shitty agf fanfic. Like these are the same writers that forgot that Picard has an older brother or that his house burned down prior to the present day.

How long before they figure out nobody likes tos

TNG was a mistake.

It’s hard to enjoy it because it’s simply not fun.

yourself? kill it

Attached: 164971224774.png (768x576, 496.39K)

Nice reply to an argument that wasn't made. Upgrading you to a 3 but you really got start off with better bait if you want to really improve. You show promise.

I'm glad they forgot his horrible brother, that episode with his brother sucked anyway and picard never had a brother before that episode. That was a TNG writers fuckup, picard was an obvious only child. As for the house, pretty sure you could rebuild a house in 30 years.

Do you take off your coke bottle glasses so it doesn't look like shit? What about the only twonor three good ones out of 70 somethinf episodes? Or the red alert siren that never turns off? Or the radar noise that never shuts up and is louder rhan the dialogue? Only TOS movies are good go back to the cemetary.

I really don't give a shit

The 2 things PRO has done bad is the look of the Tellarite main character and the nature if the special warp drive of the ship. Both can be forgiven or explained down the line, Beyond that they have done an dequate job of "coloring within the lines" and occasionally even been admirable in that department. It can still obviously go ass over tea kettle but as of yet, judged on its own merits,its broadly inoffensive as that another user said (if you can stomach what is clearly content aimed at small children).

The argument was made, by you, you say picard is garbage but offer no alternatives that are less garbage, because they don't exist.

Yeah but also as someone else pointed out it's not fun (enough) and it has a serious case of nothing ever happens.

i'm 24 and just started star trek a year ago, so far i've watched all of TOS+TAS+their movies. I started TNG and i skip around the other series and i still go back to TOS all the time because of how good it was. You just just have no taste

Attached: 1650048159610.gif (382x392, 814.16K)

Meh. Janeway acts like Janeway, good enough for me.
I’m not paying for it anyway.

>that episode with his brother sucked anyway
I disagree but I'm not gonna like fight you on it. I can see how it isn't some people's cup of tea.
>That was a TNG writers fuckup, picard was an obvious only child.
This I will. However much you don't like it it was clearly established and went on to be referenced several more times in the show (and I think movies?). There are things that writers have done with characters that I don't appreciate hhaving been done (Gul Dukat at the end, for an easy example) but I accept that that is how stories going forward should acknowledge them.
>As for the house, pretty sure you could rebuild a house in 30 years.
Sure, but then he wouldn't have the same (wooden) furniture that he had as a kid and the solarium wouldn't be intact (still with shards of glass in the frame); both of which are the case in PIC.

Same. But I find janeway has extra no personality, but she's a hologram so whatever. Another too old actress who can't act anymore.

>The argument was made, by you
Weak. Super uninspired

>not fun (enough)
Eh, its borderline for me. You do you though.
>has a serious case of nothing ever happens
A fair amount of shit has happened. Where is this argument coming from?

We’ll have to wait for Admiral Janeway. I won’t doubt Mulgrew’s acting prowess, she’s the only Old Trek actor who has some dignity left.

First two points are the same and yeah I said he never appeared before, the appeareances after obviously stem from when they just made him have a brother. They did it with worf too. I get your point but imo the brother was a mistake, and it added almost nothing to generations. Picard could have had the same story just from his regret of not having kids. You are right about the fire though, I didn't notice it because I haven't watched generations in a few years and I always skip that vineyard episode of tng. Back when trek wasn't total garbage I would have cared about the house fire.

If she had dignity she wouldn't be in nu-Trek.

>Do you know who I am?

Attached: Alex Kurtzman.jpg (560x1000, 96.38K)

mr chakotay is literally a university professor now

Attached: 1650218863313.jpg (733x698, 253.79K)

A couple of things have happened while they hang around the same shitty sector of the delta quadrant, and instead of constantly running away (like maybe toward the federation) they literally run around the ship goofing off. The goofing off is cool but they could do it at warp. I think janeway being there makes me want them to eat up the light years as if it were voyager.

Based.

the nigra is about to murk someone