/wot/

Now that the dust has settled, what went so, so wrong?

Attached: wot teaser.png (867x866, 410.92K)

N

-othing

Attached: 20211227_091109.jpg (1066x711, 111.27K)

It was always roadkill paving the way for Tolkien, just like the books desu

they should have spent more of their budget on wigs, clearly

First episode needed 15-30 min more runtime and the whole season needed two more episodes, unironically needed more exposition and worldbulding for the general audience to know what the fuck was going on, final episode needed more postproduction. And Barney leaving and covid left a mark. Plus retarded original writing.

Writing, cast, direction, effects

id say storyline, music, costumes, actors, cinematography, sets, lore
not in any particular order

The source material

Attached: Screenshot_20211230-075016.png (1080x2340, 639.73K)

>tfw no thicc forsaken gf

Attached: Graendal1.jpg (258x419, 88.72K)

How many times are you going to post this bait?

Don't forget the constant stream of promises that they were going to do it as by the book as they could.

Finished eotw again. Fuck I am so mad. Nothing with moiraine and thom, no bayle domon, no ghenji, no mirror kino. Didn't set shit up at all.

Perrin/Harvey was definitely the worst

Cope

Attached: Screenshot_20211227-090818.png (1080x2340, 799.26K)

This guy only read the first book which is pretty weak desu. Its funny because he said it got muh strong women. Yet twitter trannies complain that women are spanked in the book and it's sexist

There's two scenes I'd watch this show for, pic related and the part where Mat, just having recovered from the dagger, beats the living shit out of Galad and Gawyn at the same time

Attached: 1642131006007.png (1685x576, 1.92M)

They pretend to do the same thing as lord of the rings but they always just do xena. Every time except lord of the rings

Why did they change the logo? it's not even a wheel anymore, just an Ouroboros.

It’s got it’s own issues but none of them make it nearly as bad as this abortion of a show that will probably get aborted after season 2

The guiding principle of everything related to this abortion was "how can we make sure nothing resembles what was in the books?"

Should I try the books? Are they also as woke as this show?

Attached: 1d601807f59235296a96d0a1c2918be0.jpg (600x849, 61.8K)

>Should I try the books?
If you like high fantasy and don't mind the pace slowing down for a while around 3/4 of the way.
>Are they also as woke as this show?
Not even close, though an extremely surface level interpretation might give you that idea. The books are all about balance and men and women needing to work together to truly achieve greatness, but the show instead turned it into the most stereotypical "men bad, women good" shit imaginable. Also, the books are very clearly Rand's story, with Mat and Perrin being close second and the women after them in relevance. It's a messianic hero story first and foremost.

> Take some great source material that fans adore
> Ignore everything about it that made it good
The usual reasons.

It wasn't just a terrible adaptation it was just badly made tv.

>best episode of the season was 100% fanfic
lmao, no wonder /wot/cels were seething, their shitty books got exposed hard

>Are they also as woke as this show?
The most important female faction lives in a literal ivory tower huffing their own farts and gets immediately BTFO when men are allowed to learn magic again.

The women in the books are very annoying, but it isn't woke. Women have all the magic, but it still avoids being woke. I think Robert Jordan just respected women in a classic way, but I do recommend what i read, which was only the first 2. It's the longest fantasy series there is, so I can't recommend committing to the whole thing.

Oh yeah, the first book is a complete homage to Tolkein, but then it diverges near the end, and in the rest.

Attached: IwinagainLewsTherin (1).webm (1282x722, 1.39M)

Got the one with Ishy?

Read the books, they are great.

The show equated "only women with magic" as woke when instead the books uses it to show that anyone with power will fuck up and do bad shit. When the Tower started out it was helping the world but by the time we encounter it in the books it's become mired in tradition, politics and corruption and is doing more harm than good to the world.

Attached: 1637640927342.jpg (2048x2048, 502.77K)

Attached: IwinagainLewsTherin!.webm (1920x1080, 1.41M)

They even double dipped with liandrin crying about how men rule the world. They're both oppressed and near immortal wizard queens with the power to glass cities while ruling the world. It's fucking asinine.

Kino. Amazing how the show retroactively redeemed Winter Dragon. LTT was an absolute turbochad compared to the insecure beta we got in the show and Ishy was just having the time of his life.

Attached: billy inzane.jpg (320x240, 49.67K)

You can't hate him for being cartoonishly evil. He's like Sheev

>He found himself staring at the reflection of his own face, pale and shivering in the knife-edge cold. Ba’alzamon’s image grew behind his, staring at him; not seeing, but staring still. In every mirror, the flames of Ba’alzamon’s face raged behind him, enveloping, consuming, merging. He wanted to scream, but his throat was frozen. There was only one face in those endless mirrors. His own face. Ba’alzamon’s face. One face.
Eye of the fucking world.

How exactly were the Forsaken imprisoned in the bore? On the other side in that 'place that was not'? Souls on the one side, bodies on the other? Patch on the mountain itself?

Never elaborated, because it probably CAN'T be explained. The Bore is where reality breaks down so the imprisonment was metaphysical.

Theyd make it so the aes sedai did all the fighting. They already made nyneave and egwene the heros at tarwins gap

>Moiraine sends the fucking Reds after Mat who now has an evil comparable to fucking Shadar Logoth inside of him
What the absolute fuck did Rafe mean by this?

> On the other side in that 'place that was not'?
I always got the sense it was this along with being frozen in time. Ba'alz was never completely sealed while others like Aginor still felt time (slowly)

It's both infuriating and baffling. Fuck your retarded who is the dragon mystery, nobody gave a shit. It completely ruined the entire structure of the book and actively made the show worse, when you had the greatest intro to fantasy ever written.

Some of the books are VERY dull like book 8 or 9. But theyre are good

10 is the worst.

Probably the same thing he meant by having loial get stabbed in the chest by the ruby dagger but still living. Or nynaeve burning out in a circle after healing egwene independently of being in a circle

Read all the books except the ones written by Sanderson. Obviously, consistency can't be expected when a different author is brought in suddenly but man believe me I wish I never read those 3 books.

Whenever rand talks about killing the dark one to Forsaken they do always react the same way, like, you fucking retard you can't kill him. Seems like they would be able to teleport out of shayol ghul so they must have been through the bore itself, right?

For a production that was supposedly full of "super fans" it's impressive how little they appear to know about the series.

I forgot I even watched that

It can all be explained with one quote from Rafe Judkins:

>"In the books, there’s an idea that if you’re born as a man in one life, you’d be born as a man in the next life in the show. We’re not doing that. We’re approaching it as you are a soul and you move through different bodies through whatever life that you’re in. So that’s one. It’s a very fundamental change actually to make to the book series, and it has a lot of ripple effects, and we’ll continue to do things like that I think are more reflective of what hopefully Robert Jordan would be writing if he was writing today."
>we’ll continue to do things like that I think are more reflective of what hopefully Robert Jordan would be writing if he was writing today

The fucking audacity of this shitbag. The presumptuousness.

Attached: 1571761883956.jpg (1072x975, 360.73K)

The rand stuff is all fine, and the lan stuff. Really the only thing that isn't good is mat and androl. Plus the key scenes were all rj anyway, tower of ghenji is him front to back, the ending and epilogue

I know you're right, but I hate you for saying it

Pretty much. When ever we got a PoV of a character at Shayol Ghul entering the Bore they often said they were no longer in the real world and the normal physical rules no longer applied. So if the Foresaken were in the Bore and it was sealed ...

>we’ll continue to do things like that I think are more reflective of what hopefully Robert Jordan would be writing if he was writing today
This is code for: We don't give a fuck about Robert Jordan, this show is a sock-puppet for our morally debased personal politics.

You know what i can't wait for? Jane farstrider saving moiraine. The way this is going they'll probably end up saving mat from the finn

Just skip the last 3 books and never get an ending? Don't think so

>rafe fagkins casts his boyfriend as alannas warder
On behalf of gay nerds everywhere I hope he dies in a fire. If my cancer goes the way its sounding I might go do something about it. In minecraft.

Thankfully this "adaptation" has zero chance to actually reach the ending. It'll get 2, 3 seasons at MOST and then it'll be quietly cancelled. It has already served its purpose, the studio in Prague has been built and LotR is about to air.

Changing character arcs and storylines to the detriment of the actual main character to facilitate one "twist" that everyone sees coming from miles away. Trying to do "everyone can be everything" gender politics in a setting that's specifically tailored around the notion of there being separate genders (and them overcoming their differences). The attitude that you know what the author would have written if he had been writing the story today (and magically happened to completely agree with your sociopolitical views).

Attached: KJSFrcv.jpg (388x475, 82.42K)

I mean on the other hand, even shayol ghul was weird? The crazy sky with the striated clouds? Even the...cour'sovra soul trap shit can only be done there for whatever reason. Could be weird enough to be trapped there, maybe? Seals the lake of fire around the bore, Forsaken are immortalish so they don't die?

Reality got gradually more broken the closer you got but IIRC when you entered the cave that's where the real shit happened.

>Trying to do "everyone can be everything" gender politics in a setting that's specifically tailored around the notion of there being separate genders (and them overcoming their differences).
Current Western film industry "adapting" Wheel of Time is like seeing Ayn Rand's Fountainhead being adapted in the Soviet Union. It's completely antithetical to their obligatory propaganda message.

>Forsaken are immortalish
Nope. They were very strong Aes Sedai so lived a long time.

Though there may have been an extra benefit to the True Source I'm forgetting or a gift from the Dark One.

They didn't even set it up at all. Everything rand did in the flashback was off screen or added in editing for the flashback. Or so obvious it was retarded to include in the first place. It was never intended to be a mystery, so why make it one?

>what went so, so wrong?
Same as usual. Writers who have never had a success in their lives think they know better than a multi-million selling author.

They were granted immortality by the Dark One. You need to sell your soul to him in person for that though, that's when you get the black tendrils connecting you to him.

The link they had to the dark one actually did provide relative immortality? The black cords, also protects them from the foul, oily, uncleansed taint

Attached: aes sedai accurate casting 1638924475131.jpg (3300x1200, 703.89K)

Well Aginor and Balthamel die, and the Dark One just reincarnates them with memories intact. I'd say that's basically immortality.

>pink haired cat moms sucking it down on Twitter
I'm worried that their numbers aren't fudged and this show won't get cancelled. Although it does have a lower score on imdb than legend of the seeker, so... maybe?

I cannot WAIT to see how they cast Berelain

They were immortal, but not invulnerable. They wouldn't die from old age, but they could be killed and even when killed they would be resurrected unless balefired.

I fucking hate Androl and the whole pointless Black Tower arc. Completely useless.

I agree with the tower of ghenji and the epilogue. Those parts are satisfying enough for an ending. What i truly wish is to excise the whole black tower and MoL war. WTF was that? Where were the hundreds of thousands Aiel spears? Borderlanders are complete chumps despite their huge numbers. Best bro Talmanes, my god, what he did to him. Not even wasting speaking about Egg and Gawian. But Siuan and Garreth he could have let them live.

I always hated how there seemed to be unlimited shaido

The "twitter of time" shit is entirely forced and perpetuated by an extremely vocal circlejerking minority. It won't translate to actual viewership numbers or cultural relevance (seriously, did you hear about ANYONE who wasn't already familiar with this series getting into it thanks to the show?)

This. It's not being made to increase views hip.

>Where were the hundreds of thousands Aiel spears?
>I always hated how there seemed to be unlimited shaido
Are the two not linked? A lot of Aiel joined the Shaido.

They really should've been defeated either at dumais wells or in 7 when they get splintered again. Just seemed like he needed something for perrin to do while everyone else moves forward

She'll be cut.