*straight up murders a penguin goon*

>*straight up murders a penguin goon*
why are numales so obsessed with Batman's no killing rule? I don't remember anyone caring about this back then.

Attached: capekino.jpg (700x526, 28.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ah3UxYHp1u0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I don't remember anyone caring about this back then.
I don't remember it ever being a thing to begin with
but then again I also fuck so

It wasn't. Batman routinely killed bad guys in the early comics. He even killed Jill St. John in a roundabout way in the pilot of the Adam West show.

its funny how nerds being fags ruins everything

Comic book nerds have always flipped out about this shit. You just didn't hear about it in the 90s if you weren't one of them or didn't have usenet.

Forget about the bomb in the pants thing. Remember this?
youtube.com/watch?v=Ah3UxYHp1u0

This

Nolan's movies pushed the idea even though he kills in them too

>Won't use firearms under any circumstances, even for situations where it would make his job a lot easier, and potentially save more lives
>mounts guns on his car

Attached: chudjak eyebrow raise.png (645x770, 11.42K)

If he just shot every criminal he encountered then it wouldn't be much of a story

>I won't kill you
>but I don't have to save you

Attached: 1616605072693.png (645x973, 49.94K)

Batman killed people in the earliest comics when his actual character hadn't been conceptualized yet and he was nothing more than a more flamboyant version of the bog standard dime novel dick protagonist. Pretty much as soon as they decided that Bruce Wayne became Batman after his parents were murdered by a criminal with a gun, Batman stopped killing people

Bill Finger, the actual creator of Batman, never wanted Batman to be a murderer and it was Bob Kane, the hack fraud who stole Finger's creation, who wanted him to kill people

Man children were a lot less vocal then

cope, nerd.

lol

Attached: rfbj87w4vq251.jpg (763x778, 464.62K)

>straight up murders a penguin goon*

Why do you pick out that one? He kills half of Jokers henchman by strafing them in the Batwing.

Batman has always killed.

bill finger sounds like a fag

>numales
There u go
They care about irrelevant bullshit. I hate them.

Without him Batman would look like this.

Attached: 18f2b40729859449aca024845c210b79.jpg (500x506, 46.55K)

I disagree.

Attached: 13eff9b1d04233887516ed32e77c172e.jpg (991x1522, 318.06K)

Kane relied heavily on Finger's initial concept but had a lot more to do with writing the early comics and expanding the lore than Finger. He was just someone that Kane turned to for suggestions. The extent to which Batman was "stolen" from him has been just as needlessly exaggerated as a byproduct of backlash as the extent to which Kane whitewashed him from history.

Lol he conceptualized the entire design for Batman and the Joker and came up with most of the backstory.

What a huge faggot.

so kino beyond belief?
did you think picrel was going to prove your point?
do any of you ugly retards brains actually work??

It looks like shit. Bob Kane never had an original idea in his life. All he knew was Superman made money and he wanted to make a character like that, so he went with "Bat-Man" with no ideas further than that. Bill Finger created everything recognizable about Batman.

>and he wanted to make a character like that, so he went with "Bat-Man"
based retarded old dead faggot guy

It honestly doesn't matter if he kills or not. If your story is good, it's good. If it's shit, it's shit.

Yeah Punisher really is a fucking homo alongside anyone who likes him

Honestly not as funny as Spider-Man taking a bullet for Norman.
That shit was too much.

Punisher and Batman are both great characters for different reasons. They are different brands of mental illness.

Both are interesting for different reasons.
No need to bring down the last few CB characters who haven't been completely ruined.

How many people did joker kill after that? All batfaggot's fault.

How about this? Also, didn't Pete take a bullet for Cap?

Attached: rco002_1469204699mck71.jpg (1988x3056, 1.27M)

The Punisher was the beginning of the end for capeshit. Once publishers realized they could sell "dark" edgelord bullshit to adults who never grew out of comic books, the seeds fanboy cancer were irrevocably sown.

>>mounts guns on his car
They fire rubber 50 cal bullets. Those wouldn't kill anyone! Even if you shot them in the head.

Virtually any character who isn't an "anti-hero" is like this.
Also, there is no killing of cash cows like Joker or Goblin. Not permanently.

Attached: 1643378430875.jpg (1332x2048, 575.15K)

Some of them try to say no one knows if he actually died so it doesn't count as a kill. Then they say all of the deaths in the first one were accidental. It's hilarious. I never understood why they need Batman to have this bullshit no kill rule. It makes sense for Batman to kill because it instills actual fear into criminals. He's supposed to be scary, driven mad by the memory of witnessing his parents murdered when he was a child. If you run into Nolan's Batman he might raise his voice, smack you around a little bit and tie you up. Whoop dee fucking do. You run into Keaton's Batman if you only end up with a ruptured spleen it means you had a good day. Burton nailed Batman.

It's undeniably dumb that he spends most of the Burton movies mowing through goons but then tries to save the villain at the end

If anything it proves you can tell all kinds of stories within the medium so you're wrong.
Some (most) of the best comic books aren't even about superheroes to begin with.

>tries to save the villain at the end
when did he do that?

Because that's the version of the character people like the most. He doesn't intentionally kill in those movies.

Just kill your enemies

>in the comics
>the comics
>but the comics

Attached: 52DA46E6-8C3F-42D3-A471-62D8EB40DB6B.jpg (788x941, 130.6K)

Is that you pussy nigger?

I'm a huge Punisher fa and I'm still in favour of Batman's no-kill rule. A few deaths in a movie version is somewhat excusable like with Burton, but generally I think the rule makes Batman a more interesting character.

That's not murder stupid fuck

Shit like Punisher is what 12 year olds think is mature

No Batman intentionally kills. Except bale when he kills rage al gool

>a rip off of batman who does kill
Now compare Punisher's popularity to Batman, and see which one people want

braindead troll

Attached: 1493061986578.jpg (648x1000, 321.23K)

If he killed he would just kill all his rogues gallery and there would be no stories to tell.

I like Ennis' take on the character where he seems to explore Frank's probable psychopathy.

Attached: 001_014.jpg (1600x1211, 606.77K)

Bill fingers your bussy fatboy lmao

You can come up with an interesting premise for both stipulations.
What anons don't get is that yes, you can show Batman killing some rando, but he won't kill the Joker (even though this has also happened). He'll come back.
The villains are just as popular as the protagonists.

Attached: Injustice Gods Among Us Year Three 13 Batman kills the Joker batmobile snap neck.jpg (650x500, 119.63K)

t. Snyderfag

That goes for 99% of fiction you holier than thou faggot.
We're in a capeshit thread. Chances are, if you like Batman you already like the Punisher and other such characters.

If Batman killed he could just kill all the bad guys and villains and there be no more need for Batman in the first place. That doesn't make sense at all.

Exactly. It's simply not feasible even from a business decision.
Which is why you make "alternative" Batmen who do kill, like Thomas Wayne and so on.
And you give them their own goons to dispatch.

Batman looks fucking retarded, and the fact people make entire threads just to discuss what movie did his costume best continues to baffle me every time a new one comes out.
This red faggot with wings is still better than the retarded pointy eared black man

Burton does intentionally kill. Bale doesn't Ras he just doesn't save him.

Attached: batman burton.webm (1920x1080, 2.76M)

you have shit taste for aesthetics

But he does intentionally kill Harvey

If the villain comes back then the whole idea is even more retarded. Batman wouldn't really be killing anyone.

Recklessly charges at him to save the kid. Which is how Bale/Affleck/Pattinson kill. In their recklessness, not intentional. Usually for greater good.

you act as if they don’t reboot Batman in print and tv/film every other year. doesn’t matter who he kills in the slightest they’ll reboot the shit in two years.

Batman became a bigger boyscout than Superman. It's retarded

Attached: killing a killer.webm (1024x572, 2.13M)

Killing the Joker is like killing Batman in a way.
When you write a character who kills, you give him disposable goons, not A-list names that have their own fucking movies.
What began as a way to censor violent comics eventually became the only viable business decision.
And in another story where Batman killed the Joker, he became the new Joker.
So it really comes full circle in the end.

>it was Bob Kane, the hack fraud who stole Finger's creation, who wanted him to kill people
lol imagine believing this bullshit

even in the stupid Batman & Bill documentary, they admit that Bob Kane came up with Batman

>he just doesn't save him
Yeah, thats killing him

I don't hate capeshit. I hate capeshit that takes itself drearily serious, including a fuckload of Batman incarnations. My patience for "dark and gritty" superheroes has gradually dropped to zero and below since 2008.

And every reboot would be the exact same if Batman just went around killing his rogues gallery.

What does "came up with" mean exactly?

Because kiwwing is bewdd wittwe goy.

When we kiww its guwd but when youw kiwl it's oopsie and very very bad! Now good goy go along!

So you're a murderer because of all the people who have died that you potentially could have saved?

>le black armored catboy
You have faggot taste for aesthetics

You can eat up on Marvel and be happy then.

Attached: 1648954192946.jpg (1600x900, 470.84K)

If I beat up an old nigger so bad that he can't walk and leave him in the path of a coming train then yes, I killed him

Respecting life is a Christian idea

Best Batman, get fucked nerds.

But is "dark and gritty" outside of capeshit ok for you?
Because if it is, you're essentially a hypocrite.
"Rambo is ok, but Punisher isn't"
"Zorro is ok, but Batman isn't"
And so on.
And again, comics are a lot more than just heroes or villains.

People's views about what a character/franchise is all about isn't rooted in a rational view of history. It's a weird amalgamation of all types of memorable things from various media, memes, and popular takes about the character that varies depending on who you're talking to. All viewed through the bias of what you like personally.
As for Batman, it's because of BTAS and Nolan more or less.

I just want a superhero movie that takes itself seriously plotwise, but isn't afraid to embrace its roots. Even The Incredibles knew how to manage that.

Capeshit when it's trying to be serious and profound is the most cringe thing on earth. Grow up and read a real book.

purely and simply, the original design looks basic and lame compared to the redesign
you can say telletubbies would be a better design and it still wouldn't be accurate

And what if he was trying to kill you? Isn't it self-defense + plus walking away.

it's amazing how contrarian this dumbass board is.

You aren't supposed to take it that seriously.

Not really. Because there's stories or characters who can be comic accurate and still make you seethe clearly.
You just like Silver Age comics and that's it, it's not rocket science.

What is comic accurate that I dislike exactly?

Killing in self defense is still killing.
Is it justified? Maybe, but that clearly was never the issue here or else Joker shouldve died long ago

But when it's silly it's a-ok? Based on what criteria?
Do you hate satire too because it rings too close to real life?

Batman Begins. The Dark Knight. Spider-Man. Spider-Man 2.

In my country this came out as a "double-feature" comic feature with a Batman/Captain America crossover where Joker says he's done a lot of bad shit but he won't work with a Nazi like Red Skull. 90s comics were fun but a lot of them were written like shit desu.

It's killing but's it's not murder. Baleman leaving Ras I don't think is even killing. You don't have an obligation to save people.

The Punisher for one thing. Any interpretation of Batman that isn't exclusively Silver Age wank for another.
You "like" capeshit in some limited extent but seethe at the genre as a whole.

The Nazis would probably execute Joker to be fair, though.

>there is no killing of cash cows like Joker or Goblin. Not permanently.
That's what people forget. Ultimately no kill rules are just a way to cope with that.

What about The Punisher? I like the character. He kills villains because of his own personal issues, Batman refuses to kill for his own personal reasons (in most of his best stories, not just the Silver Age ones).

>not murder
I never said it was
>You don't have an obligation to save people
He's Batman, yes he does. Especially when he put him in that situation