What was Ridley thinking with this scene?

Attached: neobarf.jpg (1155x1204, 332.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4POAti35Kt0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do the xenomorphs want to kill people? They don't eat them. And don't talk about the scene in Alien 3 when the xenomorph looks like it's eating someone. It isn't.

Same retarded shit he always thought since day 1. Ridley is retard dipshit dicksuck fucktard idiot. Stay behind a camera and shoot the picture. He should have zero creative control.

Was this an abortion metaphor?

>Ridley is retard dipshit dicksuck fucktard idiot.
GOOD MORNING SIRS

He thought these scenes would be scary but they just end up cringey and like slapstick. The black girl like carrying the guy in there even though he's puking blood all over her constantly. Then screeching at the other crew for not allowing her out of the room ever though both of them are obviously infected with something. The dumbass white girl who opens the door then immediately falls on her ass in the blood pool. They didn't make any of these people very realistic, likeable, intelligent, interesting or that I give a shit about. They didn't even give anyone space suits, just dumbass hillbilly hunter outfits for an alien planet and surprise, there's an alien virus that infects them.

The way this flick used Xenomorph was absolutely terribe as well, worse than AVP I daresay

real people could panic and do stupid shit in extreme situations

True, but not to that extent. And it's egregious at this point to have every single crew not obey quarantine procedures. It's the first thing they drop, and they get absolutely furious at anyone who dares try and enact it. I want people who act professional, wear protective suits, and still fail. Besides Lambert dropping the ball, that's essentially what happened in Alien. Prometheus and Covenant's crews were atrocious.

Aliens marathon on bongstream.live/feandro

Alien (theatrical)
Aliens (theatrical)
Aliens 3
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus

He wasn't

acording to the prequel films they were designed to kill us

You think these people are professionals when you should consider them all as expendable. They're trash. Garbage. The best use for them is a suicide mission. That's the game the Tyrell Corporation is playing here.

I thought they were just designed to be fruitful and multiply? Killing humans is just another way to create possible cocoons for alien babies while also taking out the "competition".

It makes more sense to send competent people and kill them in cryosleep after you've got your alien.

They always send a few who are competent. Just not many. And they're not *too* competent.

They were not ever trying to send them to that planet in Covenant. It was sheer luck and coincidence. They flew close to it, didn't know anyone was there, and got wrecked by a solar flare which kill their captain. Then while they were drifting, they picked up the signal from David. The corporation had lost contact with him, he and Shaw had been gone for 10 years. So no, they didn't send that ship on a suicide mission. It was meant to establish a real colony on a different world, and they stupidly altered course to David's planet when they got blasted by the flare. David even says, he had no idea they were out there, and was not the cause of any of it. Just random chance.

>He trusts the Tyrell Corporation to not be manipulative fucks
ngmi

the space squidwards wanted to exterminate humans and the android used their creation.
well I guess it doesn't explain anything about why and how

also is it just me or he had other plans for a sequal before covenant? it was so weird how elizabeth died off screen

The company isn't omnipotent.

d-deh

>two different people slip in the same pool of blood back to back
it's comical no matter how you rationalize it

He was thinking that dumbass Alien fans who couldn't appreciated Prometheus want Aliens so I will give them Aliens.

youtu.be/4POAti35Kt0

Attached: 1526298158837.webm (840x350, 1.47M)

oh yeah? I bet you never slept on a pool of blood fucking keyboard warrior

Still better than Prometheus. Lindelof really did a number on that script.

>NOOOOOOOOOO there is no way in the Universe that two people can slip in the same pool of blood back to back!!

it's like you retards don't understand people make bad decisions when they're afraid. If you saw some shit go down irl like what went down in this movie you'd probably be shitting and pissing yourselves in a corner and that's all the "scene" would be.

Yep, Covenant was supposed to be far different, and he had the final movie planned out too. Scott doesn't care about the alien anymore. It was just about the engineers, humans and androids. The engineers were seeding life on various planets and only humans really took hold. But after several visits and them teaching basic things like fire, humans kept being violent. They took a human baby to their world and raised it to know peace, then sent it back, and humans killed him (jesus). So they sent the bioweapon ship. They despise Weyland for asking for everlasting life and they don't like the violence used against Shaw (even though they use violence). Shaw and David were going to find the population on the Covenant planet but discover they're not engineers. Then S&D would go on to find the real engineers in the third film. But he changed it to shaw dies, add aliens, and the third film got canceled.

I forgot they had the second person slip as well kek

I slightly liked the movie, but either way I don't care.

>Insulting others somehow validates this scene normal

You're missing the point. No matter what the task is, no matter what the mission is, the crew is always expendable.

i'm sorry can you try saying that again but in english this time?

the scene is normal. if one person slips in the blood it makes sense that another person that steps in it would also slip. What wouldn't make sense is if only one of them slipped.

wtf that sounds much better why did he change it

What? No, it's retarded. The first person sure, but the second woman had no reason to go inside at all. She should have kept it locked down and they would have been fine. At the least, have backup with a dozen guys. But she changed her mind after the girl died, opened the door, and the the monster out bybbeing a doofus

Because moronic Alien fans bitched about there not being any Aliens in Prometheus. They wanted shit, he gave it to them.

that's stupid
at least we got the upcoming dune films for good sci fi

So because the character makes a human error the scene is retarded. okay.

Yeah fucking stupid just wandering around on an uncharted alien planet because "it looks just like earf!", immediately getting sick and puking up fucking blood THEN letting him back on the craft and compromising it all. I thought they were scientists not redditors

Using this kind of logic the whole movie is retarded since they shouldn't have landed on the planet in the first place but just forward the message back to Earth for future investigation.

I regret learning this. Would've been kino.

Aliens is starting now.

i own an uzi

>They took a human baby to their world and raised it to know peace, then sent it back, and humans killed him (jesus)

Attached: 1633841533406.jpg (273x294, 9.45K)

>Shaw and David were going to find the population on the Covenant planet but discover they're not engineers.
I wondered about that. It's pretty obvious that creatures in Covenant are not the Engineers since they're so primitive.

The real question is how 2 people got killed by something smaller than a cat

They are a semi sentient bio weapon like the jews.
I think really they are supposed to terrify women more than men because they are an anthropomorphic parasite who parody the birthing process by killing the host.

I mean think about how much anxiety and nightmares this could cause in pregnant women.

Unironically, yes. The writers did not give them a compelling reason to land on the planet. The captain dies, and they pick up that signal. Then the next in command has a crisis of faith and that everyone is shitting in him since he believs in god, and thinks he should take the ship there. The second woman says they shouldn't risk it and should keep on going to the colony as planned. But he has to show how macho he is and take them there, and it gets everyone killed

I miss the part where alien come through the hallway kill all the people spaceship have to airlock friend die and suck them through the ship so android can walk in and choke girl for them to all die from creature blood is too spicy and makes a whole through the floor so they swim to the other side trying to find escape

sweet, thank you

w*men, not people
they are pathetically weak

>What was Ridley thinking with this scene?
"Well lets get this creature shit everyone likes out of the way so I can get back to filming my gay robots I love so much!"

Attached: face palm.jpg (777x437, 67.6K)

I'm not a muh realism guy but the whole concept of the alien objectively never made any biological sense
>parasitical reproduction
>organism produced immediately kills all other potential hosts
M
Aliens only made it worse by having the aliens goofily fucking kidnap people back to the hive to get facehugged, like did they sneak up on them with a chloroform soaked ragged? Or bonk them on the head with a blackjack and drag them away?

>crew full of diversity hires
>moronic incompetent retards

idk, checks out to me

I like when the young people are having sex and get impaled by the Alien and also when the sexy girl gets her head chomped off by the Neomorph.

They're ridiculously strong. They probably just yoink people and drag them away conscious. It is still pretty goofy to imagine it doing that.

The humans get facehugged which knocks them out user.
The aliens then drag their unconscious bodies back to the nest.

>they are supposed to terrify women more than men
Dumb nigga, og Alien is about getting raped as a man by raging faggots, Ripley was supposed to be a dude

It's not even about it being unrealistic, it's just a goofy fuckin scene. Retard 1 slips on blood and gets killed by a tiny alien that's like the size of a large squirrel, retard 2 slips in same puddle, crushes her leg by a door, limps away and blows up the entire fucking ship with a SHOTGUN. It's just retarded, man. Idk why you're defending it. The gore is 10/10 that's it.

Covenant is such a forgettable movie. It's not even that terrible or anything, it just came and went and no one seemed to care at all, and with good reason. The definition of mediocrity. It could have never have been made and no one would care.

For all its flaws, Prometheus is still remembered more than this.