Was Michael Jackson really as popular as this documentary claims

was Michael Jackson really as popular as this documentary claims

Attached: s592.jpg (592x841, 191.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9yTTEwBLfUQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

didn't his death crash google from people searching it

>The memorial of the King of Pop Michael Jackson had approximately 17,500 guests in attendance, as well as the estimated 2.5 – 3 billion viewers watching the television broadcast from home, making it potentially the most watched televised funeral

how many people do you think will show up to your funeral, anons? im thinking 3 for me

Attached: 1492006823362.jpg (658x901, 48.83K)

Unless you were around back then it’s difficult to describe just how monumentally popular he was during those years because we just don’t have celebrities anywhere near as big as that anymore

Between zero and ten for sure.

if i died right now just my dad

If he'd never done that awkward ass interview, he probably could've stayed on top another decade.

not with the crappy music he was making.

why the fuck is that kid's suit so dirty?

He was the most popular entertainer in the world.

>2.5 – 3 billion viewers
lol what the fuck? no way

fucking Zoomer. He was the Elvis of pop. You have no fucking idea how big he was and how huge his scandal and death were. I was a kid when his music career was looong over and he still dominated pop culture headlines more than any celebrity today ever has

he was probably as big as the biggest k-pop group today, but even more universally know around the world
granted back then there were less distractions from other modes of entertainment

sorry for being young

he was uncontested king of pop for literally his entire life. he is personally responsible for lots of cultural changes over the decades even if his movie was just the absolute worst i've seen it a hundred times.

I was a freshman in HS taking precalc over the summer and my teacher was a skinny old japanese lady who could barely speak English outside of anything relating to Math, and yet when he died that summer we had it on TV and she was sad that whole day.

Michael Jackson is the most popular and famous non-fictional person in history that wasn't either a politician or religious figure.

kill yourself

>kill yourself

Attached: 1596257998687.jpg (211x239, 8.97K)

Duh

>tonguefucks your child's asshole
SNEE-HEED

Attached: pervert.jpg (920x518, 69.51K)

>translates into zoomer
kek

Yes. Bigger.

Attached: 1650993746421.png (200x200, 60.59K)

Yes i remember being 9 and being a fan, lucky me I was never in close proximity to him.
I remember he played in the stadium close to my were i lived (my grandparents house) and listening the whole concert from home

>2009

forgot to mention, I'm a 41 y/o boomer

Bunch of lies

youtu.be/9yTTEwBLfUQ

He was incredibly popular but half the fucking planet watching his funeral is bullshit

MJ is huge in Korea

Why did he fuck kids tho?

Yes. He had psychotic levels of fame. Celebrity worship today is nowhere near as bad as it used to be. Everyone is kind of sick of celebrities now. The internet killed it. Celebrities used to be like royals to normies.

I was maybe 13 or 14 when he died but it was a huge deal - I was at a friend’s house and someone came outside to tell us and we went back inside to google it

Pretty much every show or comedian had jokes about Michael being a weird creep (robot chicken, mad tv, family guy, south park, scary movie 4 off the top of my head). Felt like it had been building for a while and now the media landscape is totally different. Kim’s sex tape was only maybe two years before Michael died

Attached: EA1A06AB-16B8-4032-B6B2-C2BB8BE4FE3F.jpg (500x500, 88.26K)

I was born 87 ...graduated Highschool 2005. I do t remember him being much more popular than any other popular celebrity....I remember Diana's funeral having way more impact...

2.5 to 3 billion is obviously huge but I dunno if I believe it.

>was Michael Jackson really as popular as this documentary claims

The documentary was garbage but MJ was treated like a supernatural GOD wherever he went. People would descend on an entire city if word got out he was seen there. He used to dress as a homeless bum with a beard and a trench coat just to be able to walk about in public. When women saw him they'd scream. They'd scream if he looked in their direction and they'd faint and fall over at all of his concerts.

I knew Michael Jackson from 1987 to 1989 - when he was arguably at his most popular in the public eye. I met him during one of his tours and he was my first celebrity client for artwork. He was child-like in his behavior and even his communication, having had his own childhood surprised by his father.

And no, I don't believe any of the stories that circulated about him harming kids. The FBI spent 4 years investigating him and found nothing. The few people who sued him were caught out previously trying to squeeze money out of him prior to applying blackmail.

But yes indeed, kings, queens, princesses and even every other celebrity in the world was in awe of Jackson and would do anything they could in order to meet him in person. He was just an unusual fellow with amazing talent but he was treated like a god wherever he went. It was fascinating to watch in person. But he caused a lot of the controversy himself and he was constantly trying to project his own vision of himself.

Attached: Michael Jackson and the Reagans at the White House for the launch of a campaign against drunk driving, 5:14:1984.jpg (2918x2928, 3.22M)

if this is feldman your album sucked beyond all belief but im glad it exists

Yes, he was bigger than life during his peak.

even a zoomer knows he is, you're just retarded

No

he earned those children

he was far bigger than the biggest k-pop group

>41 y/o
>boomer

user...

>Be eight year old me
>Start coughing up blood
>See doctor
>says I have 3 months to live
>Make a wish people send me to Neverland Ranch
>Michael Jackson takes me on his railroad ride
>Michael Jackson takes me to his kitchen full of every candy and dessert I can imagine
>Michael Jackson takes my hand and puts a soda can full of wine in it, called Jesus Juice
>Michael Jackson takes me to his bedroom
>Michael Jackson takes my anal virginity and sucks my dick
>Cancer cured and 3 million dollars of hush money richer
The power of the king of pop

>being this new
lurk a few more years and try again

>Thriller
>Billie Jean
>Beat it
>all on the same album
Na, he was unappreciated in his time

>being this dumb
No

absolutely not. the only thing this farce of a "documentary" got right was that Michael Jackson was a homosexual pedophile and molested all those boys

wow boomers have a passion for their little flavors of nig worship

Kek

is it true that MJ made little boys spread their ass cheeks while he masturbated?

He transcended being a nigger plus he was the enemy of the tribe

You might be retarded.

>Michael Jackson was a homosexual pedophile and molested all those boys

Prove it. You won't be able to, and that's why I'm putting a spotlight on your bs

>dances on top of a security van while on trial for pedo charges
At the very least, Michael was unhinged and allowed to do whatever the fuck he wanted.

idk man you have to literally be underaged to not know better.

38-year-old user here
I genuinely don't think it's possible for zoomers to comprehend how fucking famous, popular, influential, and quite frankly, worshipped, Michael Jackson was as an entertainer in his prime (from the mid-80s to mid-90s)
I think some zoomers honestly think that at best, Michael was just as popular as modern big music "stars" like Beyonce, Eminem, Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, etc.....to compare any of them to Michael in terms of star power is literally laughable
Michael Jackson was one of the very few non-political persons in world history that could be classified as being "too famous". He was regularly doing concerts with tens of thousands in attendance - some of which crossed the 100k attendance mark. He would legitimately just stand on stage doing nothing but standing still for several minutes and everyone would scream, cry and faint just because of how much they already loved him and were entertained by his mere presence
His music video releases were treated like must-see pay-per-view events. I still remember how big of a deal the Black Or White, Remember The Time and Scream music videos were when I was a kid. His albums/songs had televised trailers as if they were huge upcoming blockbuster movies
The man honestly did not seem human. I'm not kidding, that was the actual aura he had due to his level of fame, talent, controversy, and his personality. There were jokes about him being an alien because that's how hard it was to see someone like him as just being another human like you and me
We won't see anyone as big as him in music during our lifetimes, and it's very hard for me to imagine that we'll ever have someone as big as him at any time in the future

MJ is huge throughout the world. Just think how popular Jordan or Mary Jane is and yet when people say MJ, it's almost always the King of Pop they're talking about

When MJ died news cycles talked about it for months on to an end. It was the biggest celebrity death since Elvis.

there's a video where some french guys showed a south american tribe a few videos; they showed the moon the landing and they had no idea that we ever went there, but when they showed michael jackson they instantly knew who he was

He was a black man who, after being accused of raping a young white boy and paying millions of dollars to get rid of the case, then released an album which went on to sell over 20 million copies worldwide.
What do you think, op?

As Chapelle says it, thats not abuse, thats a good host.

He was bigger than Jesus. Literally Jesus could’ve come down from heaven again and nobody would’ve cared because Michael Jackson could moonwalk and made great music videos.

i live in las vegas and when i was in high school back when cds were the main medium for music the virgin records store in the forum shops at caesars was a big deal. word got out once that MJ was going to be shopping there and the store was completely closed to everyone except MJ so he could shop. there were tons of people waiting outside the store just so they could see him. pretty much the closest ive been to someone so famous.

he basically invented music videos. there wasn't any mtv or anything, thriller was theatrically released.

Just held the record for #1 and I think #3 and #5 bestselling album of all time for decades, my man beat Elvis and Elvis had a 25-year head start

so yes