Bone Movie

So, when will we get Bone /kino/ ?
It has serious movie potential

Attached: kingdik.jpg (625x805, 157.3K)

They literally just cancelled an animated adaptation at Netflix some days ago.

Attached: E7365B3D-32F1-4F2C-ABFA-75D02391888E.jpg (1170x1992, 464.41K)

:(. I love Bone.

Good. Even the full color version was pushing it. Bone was fucking magic. A creator owned story that got to finish.

anyone else play this?

Attached: f3f6e612fb504f116211713743d753f5--mmf350x350.jpg (350x350, 29.2K)

Yeah, in a way this is a good thing. Sucks for Jeff but it's not like he didn't already cash out from his series. Netflix injecting woke shit would kill it

No because I found out it was cancelled and they didn't complete the series so there was no way I could bring myself to do it and end on a cliffhanger like that.

You read the prequel book Rose though? Fucking sucked ass. Different artist and the art sucked compared to the original which was amazing. Colors were off.

I would read these in Disney Adventures as a kid.

Attached: 093260945fc25b1e6a4aa0ed12553d1e274cffc1[1].jpg (500x747, 214.38K)

He kept creative control and was really optimistic about the team he was assembling.

I remember getting those comics from my elementary school book fair.

i loved bone when i was a kid but the magazine that published it discontinued the run way before it was over
would it still be a good time to read in my twenties?

It's arguably a different story when you're an adult. The character arches you don't really notice as a kid are center stage as an adult.

The Disney Adventures run was pretty censored.

I hate how King Dok looks in the later books. He looks way more stupid compared to pic related.

Yes. Yes I did. It is awesome

I remember being filled with so much wonder and excitement seeing the characters brought to life, genuinely one of my fondest memories playing a game ever

I fucked flynn

Of course, brother. I just want you to know that everything will be okay. Jesus Christ loves you.

dude I know this was meant to be a shitpost but you have no idea how much I needed that.

I'm crying. I will lose my parents within my lifetime and I've lost so much. But I remember those times in elementary school with my friends
>"haha you love that Kingdok character"
They knew I loved dinosaurs and monsters. I always loved the creepy, monstrous characters. I really do love you my friend, and I pray God protects you.

I was not meant to be a shitpost. I am sincere. He really does love you.

>They literally just cancelled an animated adaptation at Netflix some days ago.

OF COURSE THEY FUCKING DID.

NETFLIX YOU TARDS.

FUCK.

Netflix always cancels good shit

I love you dude. God bless you

>Netflix injecting woke shit would kill it
Do you actually know anything about Jeff Smith the person? If anything Netflix had to stop him from trying to add in too much of his own “woke shit”. This isn’t Frank Miller, he’s a lefty

Do you seriously think modern day Hollywood will be even remotely respectful the source material?

/thread
yep, they went straight for the animation instead of any of the mountains of other shit they make
not saying it would've been good but it still sucks

I guess comics is good? Maybe I'll check it out. Any other non-capeshit comics to recommend?

>Do you seriously think modern day Hollywood will be even remotely respectful the source material?
Yeah? Tv and movie adaptations of comic books have been big bucks for like a quarter century at this point. There’s nothing they could really add or change that would fuck up the story anyway, it’s a fantasy story about dragons and a race of “bone” people that don’t really exist.

Indie comics are 90% black and white and autobiographical about being in your early to mid 20s and a hipster/artist type. So MOST of them just aren’t the kind of thing Yea Forums users would be interested in. Maybe Cerebus? I never read it, but it’s fairly famous in the self published comics world and stood out because like Bone it wasn’t a navel-gaze-y autobiographical look at “how cool it is to be an artist working at a coffee shop at age 23!” It was a fantasy epic about a magic pig or something and I think the author is fairly right wing. I never read it, but it’s won a bunch of awards and is pretty highly regarded in that medium

Yes. The girl used to give me a Boner.

So soulful. Can’t wait to have kids and give them to read it.

>Indie comics are 90% black and white and autobiographical about being in your early to mid 20s and a hipster/artist type

Kek reminded me of Black Hole and other comics of the similar ilk I read from library instantly

At boy scout summer camp once we had a class where we all had to introduce ourselves. This one timid, scrawny kid with a speech impediment went up and talked about how much he liked Bone and a bunch of kids started giggling about how funny he sounded. He got pretty upset and stopped talking but I told them to shut the fuck up and he kept going. After the class I went up and told him I thought his presentation was cool and that I liked Bone too. I've never read it and still don't really know what it is, but that's my Bone story I hope you liked it.

Attached: HM_197709_98_HD1988.jpg (1690x2257, 2.6M)

>You read the prequel book Rose though?
I used to rent it at my public library all the time as a kid. I thought the river dragon was pretty interesting, even though it was nonsensical for a dragon to serve the Lord of Locusts given that they were his mortal enemies.

They literally are. I’m surprised there’s such a strong contingent of people on Yea Forums that claim to love Bone, because if you’ve ever read an interview from Jeff Smith you would know he’s very much from that world of bohemian lefty artist types, and that usually doesn’t go over very well with people here to say the least. Maybe it’s because Bone itself isn’t at all controversial or political? It’s literally just about magic and dragons, so people here either never bothered to look further into the author, or if they did it’s easy for them to ignore his personal politics and just appreciate this one individual story.

You are a good person

As a rule of thumb people "on the right" (if we want to stick to this meme axis of politics) are way less interested in the personal politics of the people making the content as long as the content itself is good. Unfortunately it's just extremely rare that those "lefty" types are able to do it and the works end up being preachy mouthpieces for their personal politics. Leftists are the ones who go full scorched earth and tell you that you shouldn't interact in any way with people who have the wrong opinions regardless of whether the content they make includes those opinions or not, if you are a sinner then everything you do is tainted.

I didn't know about the plans for a show until the cancellation of it. I don't think Bone will get another chance at receiving an animated show or movie. I remember reading them as a kid and thoroughly enjoying them, sadly my crippling addiction to video games made me lose track of the story. I think I'll go purchase the omnibus and finally put the story to rest. Thanks for the comfy Bone thread, bros.

Unlike most leftist, I can separate the art from the artist.

I think a big part of why people here can be “so magnanimous” as to separate the art from the artist in the specific case of Jeff Smith and Bone has more to do with the fact it’s not even remotely political and doesn’t challenge their views even the slightest bit.

Conversely you don’t see them making the same big brain concessions if you so much as mention someone here like Tom Hanks or Susan Sarandon. People here will freak out and start spamming completely made up stuff about how they eat children or they’re pedophiles that have no basis in reality all because it’s well known they’re on the left. The reason it’s so surprising in fact Yea Forums seems to have an appreciation for Bone despite Jeff Smith’s personal views, is because of how frequently that makes right wingers immediately dismiss and denigrate people they disagree with politically

>right wingers immediately dismiss and denigrate people they disagree with politically
You're unironically projecting.

>I think a big part of why people here can be “so magnanimous” as to separate the art from the artist in the specific case of Jeff Smith and Bone has more to do with the fact it’s not even remotely political and doesn’t challenge their views even the slightest bit.
I mean, no shit?
Of course if Smith was pushing his political viewpoints many anons wouldn't like the work. However, in the case of many leftists, they won't read or dislike a book simply because of the author who wrote it. It doesn't matter if it was political or not, all that matters is that the author is a "bigot".

I like some tom hanks movies even if he's a weirdo, and I would fuck the shit out of Susie

No, I literally tried to make a thread yesterday about how good an actor Tom Hanks is and it immediately got flooded with people calling him a pedophile

Can you cite an example of that happening on the left where people have refused to see a movie that isn’t at all political simply because of the personal politics of the person that made it?

I love Bone. Smith doesn't blab in the media about how evil Phoney's capitalism is, nor does his leftism really show up in the comic. Aside from the Harvestars being powerful characters, I can't think of one thing that stood out as leftist. Even Phoney's villain arc is just standard stuff, and he's still Fone Bone's brother.

What type of bug is Ted? I've seen a green little triangle bug I assume was the same as Ted.

Anything by Mel Gibson. Hell, even after he has been effectively "cancelled" you still see people seething about him.

this your first day on Yea Forums? they were complimenting him

Except that everything he’s made in the last 20 years has a prominent political and/or social point of view. If people avoid Mel Gibson’s movies because of politics, it’s because he puts politics in all of his movies

>Apocalypto is political

I don't remember Apocalypto being particularly political.
Anyway, I was initially commenting on books as that's what I'm more familiar with and I see this all the time.

he dies in Dragged across concrete and the black dude gets all the money

Very much so, absolutely. It takes a completely ahistorical Eurocentric look at indigenous people. It’s actually pretty difficult to make the argument that Mel Gibson has even EVER done a movie that not only had a neutral point of view, but even one that didn’t have a right wing point of view

>Eurocentric
literally how

Lmao Dragged Across Concrete is essentially a blue lives matter propaganda film. It’s absolutely political and is told from a right wing perspective

Big milestone day gentlemen

Attached: 1597367716684.jpg (250x250, 12.7K)

Because of ahistoricity. In the same way Braveheart was Scottish-centric and not accurate in many ways that were favorable to the Scottish, Gibson is continuing that tradition and exacerbating it even further by telling a story about indigenous people from the inaccurate way Europeans have historically viewed them

The idea that he made braveheart or apocalypto in order to politically slander those peoples is schizo bullshit, the end. If you don't like the implications of William Wallace wearing a kilt, that's different.