Jesus christ that was depressing. Are the movies and the remake watchable?

jesus christ that was depressing. Are the movies and the remake watchable?

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 8.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N6Wz_nZpgF0
youtube.com/watch?v=qnC8fYwem2o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lol
lmao

>Are the movies and the remake watchable?
Yes, to a point.
>Are they better than the '97 anime?
No and I admit that the '97 anime is far from being perfect.

>movies
fuck no
>remake
hell no

thanks man

Unfortunately no
You'll have to bite the bullet and read the unfinished manga or just delete Berserk from your mind

I will give the movies a try then. I liked it very much probably the best anime I have seen so far, although I think were things lost in translation

The movies are perfectly fine
Just don't touch the modern anime

>jesus christ that was depressing.

Attached: file.png (227x222, 17.88K)

yea :(

>OMG I JUST WATCHED IT WHILE MY GF GETS A VISIT BY JAMAL AND NOW IM CRYING TO THE TOUGHT OF HER BEING CASA AND IM SO DEPRESSED NOW

Bersek should just ended with this arc. Fr

The movies end at the same point, fyi.
Some parts are more faithful to the source material (which is what you should hit), but others worse - worse meaning CGI.
Some of it is passable, some... not so much.
As long as you don't touch the series made ENTIRELY of CGI. Do that if you want to suffer or you want to have a laugh with your friends.

Read the manga my friend.

Attached: berserk sk femto.jpg (1280x945, 659.72K)

Berserk '97 remains the best anime adaptation of the series
Too bad they never made a Lost Children adaptation

Attached: Berserk_108_002.jpg (2263x1600, 1.17M)

Attached: 1600995491966.jpg (720x720, 67.79K)

What a terrible take. The story is about a man fighting against fate. Not about giving up, when he realises the thing he is against is unbeatable

thanks for the info. I saw some clips from the 2016 show and it looked like absolute shit.

Read the manga. Theres so much in there that has never been animated and every adaptation after the 90s anime is increasingly low quality. If you are manga averse, this series will change that. The panelling and action is so smooth. You'll be reading everything right to left after a few chapters.

I will probably do that thanks man

It's my favorite arc and the closest thing to an adaptation is the ornstein and smough fight from dark souls. And obviously that only covers the fight in your pic.

not him but it's so good man, you will enjoy

Attached: 18.1.jpg (2263x1600, 1.2M)

The Berserk media worth consuming are the manga and 1997 anime. Everything else is plainly not good.

>movies
Yes, they are kino.
>remake
No.

>>the remake series
*clang* *clang* *clang* *clang*

youtube.com/watch?v=N6Wz_nZpgF0

>watching any berserk related media
my man what are you doing?
the best thing that animation did for berserk was the 97 anime and thats not a really great anime

Skull Knights style is fucking timeless
i think some people are tryig to animate lost children on yt and the animation looks pretty good

Attached: clang.jpg (1113x630, 111.91K)

You should give Vinland Saga a watch

Attached: A0CEB74F-091D-4067-AAE4-CEF7C8F79F3F.jpg (1280x720, 115.17K)

What a horrible advice. Either you're trolling or you have the taste of a 13 year old on tiktok

>Some parts are more faithful to the source material (which is what you should hit), but others worse - worse meaning CGI.
The CGI wasn't really an issue, since it's basically no more glaring than any other corner-cutting niche anime, the problem was the fact that excess CGI happened to be in places where there SHOULD have been some sort of story hook, most notably in the second one. Did we really need a big ballroom dance scene instead of the queen's assassination storyline? Or some stupid slo-mo anime swordfight instead of Zodd tossing his sword to Guts?

It's shit and the writer clearly don't know where he's heading.
>Are the movies and the remake watchable?
No.

Attached: OC0yOTQ3LnBuZw.jpg (600x519, 140.32K)

>Shitserk
go back tranny

Attached: optional boss.jpg (1073x961, 592.38K)

What's wrong with it? Was thinking of starting it pretty soon. Northman left me with a hankering

>Save your daughters virgin pussy for yourself
>Get cucked by Griffith
>Incel out
Literally me

Attached: Berserk - Chapter 39 - 18 (1).jpg (1131x1600, 406.03K)

Give the first episode a watch and see if you like it. I thought it was excellent.

Anime becoming popular in the West was the worst thing to ever happen to it. Fuck all of you.

It’s really good. Apparently it becomes shit later on but as far as the anime goes it’s great.
Don’t google it and try to avoid spoilers because it’s easy to ruin.

Blame the west, people are consuming jap and korean media because they are tired of western media pushing pozz, woke shit, and niggas in everything. Fuck you.

Movies are a good watch if you have familiarity with the source material. Give them a go. Other TV anime is not worth watching under any circumstance.

>watching
Quit robbing yourself.

My hope is that within my lifetime humanity somehow manages to invent the technology allowing us to travel to other parallell universes so I can visit the one in which this anime wasn't cancelled and they decided to follow the entire manga. and also that gook fuck finishes the manga instead of playing idolmaster all day until he drops dead.

If you like it and already haven't just read the manga.

You give too much credit. It's just a edgy comic that would be better with a tragic ending

The CGI Berserks after it were terrible. Especially that 2016~2017 anime series.

Fucking love that.

no, they are fucking garbage
read the manga

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=qnC8fYwem2o

No.
Read the manga
You the user i suggested to watch the 97 series a few days ago?

Read the manga

Attached: 20210520_104812.png (723x1093, 503.51K)

Look my boy, have you tried struggle?

Just read it.

Attached: 1606931679151.png (640x741, 788.19K)

I watched this when i was a teen and it really made me feel almost dizzy. It stayed in my head for months. Still nothing impacted me like this, even the manga (I watched the show first).

> Full on homo fantasy that's basically a rip off of every Euro undergrtound trope of the last 60 years.
> Good.
Never, ever. It's low rent Japanime garbage for people with no taste or brains.

>Homo fantasy
Holy projection. Berserk is one of the straightest pieces of fiction. Griffith is the only faggot and he is a evil mf

would Mads be a good Guts?

Attached: 6a7c38c81a9817b95408a88fff4a71b0[1].jpg (535x703, 39.3K)

I checked out the movies after I saw people praising it. It was filled with CGI shit. The remake is CGI shit too.

too stoic

I love Mads but nah. Besides the obvious physical difference, Guts is supposed to be in his early 20s. Mads is in his mid 50s. Even if he was young it wouldn't work because he would need to be 6'8 and insanely buff.

Attached: c66e047dc5874473d178a4ec2ab25bfa.jpg (736x736, 129.91K)

>he would need to be 6'8 and insanely buff
there is no such actor out there

Attached: 1643229270325.jpg (540x406, 24.31K)

for the year it was made it might as well be perfect.

Exactly. Guts is literally uncastable.

Attached: e4bd56d799b7854ed000c0d1883b96e1.jpg (736x1096, 442.76K)

Fag

this guy gets it, manga far superior, but you gonna give them that at least they tried, berserk 3D was fucking terrible though

well the hobits didnt have midgets for them aand I'm pretty sure Vigo isn't six six tall either

>The story is about a man fighting against fate. Not about giving up, when he realises the thing he is against is unbeatable
Unbeatable like aortic dissection?

the movies are great. the people whining about them are utter retards. they have great art direction, and great direction in general. the CGI supplements the 2D visuals which is essential when depicting massive battle scenes on this scale with hundreds of background soldiers. unlike the 90s anime, the movies are actually fucking ANIMATED rather than slide-shows. the ugly moments are few and far between, and the quality goes up with each of the 3. we could've gotten more quality movies like them but fucktards whined because they preferred the zero-budget non-animated slideshow anime better.
>2D animation only, it's better!
they whined faggily, while championing a show that had none of it to begin with.
the 2016 series is utter dogshit. CGI is used to depict stationary characters, and then they don't bother animating them anyway. everything is stiff and uncanny. the shading attempts to look cross-hatched like the manga but it doesn't work on any level. the art direction is utter pigshit and colours clash constantly. the direction is nauseatingly incompetent and the camera is constantly moving and jumping perspectives with no regards for clarity or consistency. it breaks every rule of film-making in just about every scene.
the retards who compare the two are so blind and stupid they shouldn't be allowed to drive cars or operate heavy machinery.

Attached: fuckyougriffith.gif (352x348, 1013.16K)

The manga is the only way you'll get a happy ending