I heard it's really good. is it?

I heard it's really good. is it?

Attached: MV5BYWVhN2Q2MDEtMzIzYS00M2EwLTlmZDItMzk5YTUzZWE0MjkwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEzMTI1Mjk3._V1_.jpg (1296x1920, 308.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wClr8SjXBS8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes. Best show I've watched in a long time.

/thread

Are all the episodes out yet?

Could be so much better without the gaijin characters

Jack alderstein should have fucked Emi instead of obsessing over Samantha.

yes it ends in a cliffhanger.

I agree.

>crime drama
:/
>crime drama, Japan
:O

>crime drama
Cringe drama
>michael mann
Kino.

Simple as

The white whore needs to go. She’s so fucking stupid.

I was very pleasantly surprised and happy. Except the main character is a JEW!

Fuck no, it was good right up until the episode that dropped today. The one where they don’t fucking resolve any of the 30 fucking plot points open at the end of the episode. Also no current plans for a season 2. Is it really that fucking hard just to tell a complete story now? Not everything has to end on a fucking cliffhanger. Not coming back for the inevitable season 2. Fuck these people, maybe if people stop coming back they’ll stop doing this. Remember the setup in ep 1 where they strap on vests and go meet the yakuza? Never referenced or resolved again. Fuck you, goodbye.

The blonde one? I agree.

Are the white women scenes necessary to understand the plot? I've just been skipping them and I feel like I did not lose anything.

If you enjoy watching hours of strong independent white prostitutes not fucking their clients and telling them how they need no men, yes, it's amazing.

everything must be daytime soap opera tier in todays media it drives retards to view every episode no matter what

They aren’t prostitutes, they work at hostess bars. Hostess bars are a thing in Japan because Japanese men are so fucking beta they’ll spend all their money on women just to be able to talk to them . That’s it. Just talk. Japanese are fucking weird.

Sorry I forgot there’s a few. Yes the blonde.

I’m a little salty about it. I was watching them open like 10 new things in the last episode and it was like 45 minutes in and they still weren’t wrapping anything up. There are some pretty major happenings that just aren’t resolved. HBO did this shit with Westworld too and I should have learned my lesson then

Host clubs are a front-end for prostitution, especially the ones operating in a red light district while illegally employing 30yo white women under the yakuza protection (you need an actual job to get a visa).
But hey, this woman is able to rack up enough money to start her own club in Tokyo while berating her clients despite her boss supposedly giving her jackshit of what she makes.
Her whole story makes zero sense and gives you no reason to care about her.
Weirdest part is how they're playing the age old "traditional honorable mafia vs upcoming drug mafia" in 2000 Japan.
And why are they even bothering to use the name of an actual person when the show isn't even set in the correct decade he lived in?

S2 never

This is Jake Adelstein in real life. Imagine if he'd be acting himself. Also, I bet 99.9% of events in the series are not based on real events.

The protagonist still sucks, uncharismatic af and looks like balding 15 yo.

Attached: images.jpg (183x275, 7.61K)

All the White characters suck in this show. It would be much better if they weren't there and it would be just a deep dive to Yakuza, Japanese reporters and the police.

Attached: 1585515342806.jpg (355x397, 7.99K)

If I see one more scene where Samantha hears something she doesn't like (meaning she hears just about anything) and goes "Excuuuuse me?" there will be tendies on the floor.

>Hostess bars are a thing in Japan
As a front for prostitution...

From what I heard the only contact he had with Yakuza was the prostitutes, is it true?

In the book he talks about a guy he nicknamed The Hawk that was supposed to be a yakuza tough who he had a tentative relationship with, but in hindsight those parts feel incredibly made up.

White roasties ruin every fucking thing holy shit. Why can't we have a world where every male is white and every female is Asian?

Attached: 1643524596056.jpg (1383x810, 388.92K)

Attached: mu-core.jpg (709x628, 110.72K)

why the fuck did samantha not call jake the moment she heard about the male hostess getting contacted for polina???

Is Stella based?

sato a cute

Attached: show_kasamatsu_official_2823462530926882429_32792407066_2_1440x1082.jpg (1440x1082, 145.66K)

Poor Polina. She was the only likeable white character

I am intrigued by it but the japanese fascist culture is putting me off.

>Rinko and Ken Watanabe are the best characters on the show
>They get nearly zero screentime
>Focus on charisma void Ansel Elgort, bitchy unlikeable white girl, and the chinkiest fish-looking jap they could find
I wanted to like it a lot more than I did

youtube.com/watch?v=wClr8SjXBS8
The most wholesome scene I've ever seen.

>chinkiest fish-looking jap
I legitimately thought he was really played by a woman. Who would ever by scared of a guy an 11 year old could beat the fuck out of?

What does THAT mean?

Mann directed Ep1

>crime drama
:(
>Crime drama, Japan (no blacks)
:)

Finished it yesterday

>Trailer tone was much darker than the show, misleading marketing.
>Watanabe is barely in it.
>The actual show is juvenile with weak writing and nothing happens within the first 4 episodes.
>Jake Adelstein is a terrible MC, he doesn't even state why he went to Japan to become a reporter and he is the best reporter the japan has ever had. He is abusive, uninteresting, and an asshole.
>They keep mentioning how Jewish he is, and he keeps telling them how "I am 100% a jew" when most likely the actor is barely a jew and the only thing they keep doing this is to twist the image of a Jew being blue eyes white aryans.
>The second MC is an American female hostess who is promoting prostitution with a "You Go Girl! Take his money!". She literally says to a Yakuza guy who offers her help "I am not a damsel in distress" only to ask him 2 episodes later.
>HBO unnecessary obligatory sex scenes.
>HBO unnecessary obligatory homosexual character confronting he is a homosexual.

michael mann shouldve directed the whole thing

Nope, I skipped them all by episode 4. Sad that they involve Sato though.

It was decent would have been a lot better if it actually followed the book since that is actually entertaining rather than making up some dumb story that is loosely based on the book which is for some fucking reason split up into at least two seasons.
Plus this

This is obviously making fun of Japanese love for idols

This is all actually pretty close to the book, sans the American hostess. And the Jewish part, that's pretty blatant Hollywood writing -- in the book it's other characters that comment on it and he continually underscores that he doesn't have any attachment to his Judaism.

>split up into at least two seasons.
Not happening. They filmed this before it came out the main actor raped a teenager.

it's ok

Attached: 1651139926366.jpg (680x443, 30.66K)

Dude is a Jew and is pretty well connected, more so than chalamet, he isn't going anywhere.

he isnt in movies anymore and chalamet has talent in comparison with him.

Sato deserved better

i was bored for the first ep. the whole thing is predictable (surprise surprise the newspaper is strict) and the acting is shit, especially the main actor. not sure if i'll keep going

who tf even stabbed him, that meth jap?

exactly
I thought Mann would give it some proper start to a series, but after ep1 I felt pretty let down
not sure if I wanna continue watching

He hasn't been hired in anything since the allegations. I think Wright wants to make Baby Driver 2 though. If that happens and it's a hit he may be saved.

Looks like shit, I can't watch if the lead is a white boy. Should have been an Asian guy. Strong pass for me.

When I first heard about this, I thought it was based on the kino that is Black Rain.

It was that guy Sato punched in the early episodes

Attached: jewish-hollywood-men.jpg (600x1790, 870.64K)

In another thread, some anons said it wasn't Elgort but somebody with a similar family name.

I doubt there'll be another season but I'm sure Sato didn't die. It didn't look like a death scene, more like a shitty cliffhanger for the season finale

That newspaper boss screaming GAIJIN was funny. I wish he had more screen time.

>white whore prostitute is disgusted Yakuza boss owns a boat where he has sex parties
kek her character is so fucking stupid and unlikable. There's not one redeeming thing about this dumb bitch.