Why does this show make me so nostalgic for being a teen in mid 00’s England...

Why does this show make me so nostalgic for being a teen in mid 00’s England? I wasn’t a teen then and I’m not from England.

Attached: 764AA681-6F69-43C2-B86A-CBD01D79173B.jpg (680x989, 133.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xmoX_NaC48g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Skins is better and more based that this reddit shit

You sound bent

>t. Neil’s dad

Attached: D444203C-CF65-4C73-A4BA-93F87744DF01.jpg (250x188, 15.4K)

I liked Skins at the time (being a stupid teenager).

But it's an empty show about retard Bristol teens doing drugs and sex ad nauseam. in England it had the cultural effect of being 17, going to a houseparty and retard girls saying "oh it's just like skins!" because someone got bottled and someone else shat in the cat litter box in the same room as some slag getting fingered. I'm not saying Inbetweeners is deep either, it's just more funny, while Skins tries to be both funny and deep while failing at both.

Inbetweeners is absolutely better than skins with their retard characters like cassie
>oahh woaw sid I'm like deep and have an eating disorder but you like love mishell

>BUSWANKER

Attached: D57109B4-F86C-4E6A-8D21-722DFDBF5EBF.jpg (282x179, 16.84K)

tell me more

I was a teen in mid 00s Britain and I avoid anything that makes me think about that time because it will leads me to tears of frustration over all the experiences I missed and the time I wasted.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xmoX_NaC48g

>tfw lived in south london and went to school in inbetweener suburbia
>now go to university in bristol
>STILL watched neither skins nor inbetweeners
Everyone in secondary school was obsessed inbetweeners, and I can literally quote parts of it to this day having not watched a second of it

Attached: 1645480401450.jpg (535x428, 105.1K)

Inbetweeners is relatable because everyone was doing shit like that in high school. Skins is the show where you watched and said "this is just like me and my friends" at the time, but in hindsight it's nothing like how anyone you knew in high school actually was

briefcase wanker

what's your favorite quote

Because you're a faggot loser, mostly.

Inbetweeners got being a British sixth form student almost perfectly honestly, absolutely kino TV.

>BONAAAAAAA
>"ooo friends?"
used continuously to mock each other. only realised years later where it was from

skins is degenerate and unrealistic

For me the interaction between the guys feels realistically like how it was between me and my highschool friend group, obviously with much wittier banter.

Go to archive org and look up some tv recordings from that time... some vids are 6 hours long.. a days worth of tv kind of.. search around u wont be disappointed

Wdym? Like random home videos from that time? Or are you telling me to stream the show?

>>"ooo friends?"
based

>2008
>mid 2000's
????
retard.

what an enormous faggot opinion

As someone who grew up in the London suburbs and partied in Bristol during uni; Inbetweeners is far closer to reality than Skins. I like both, but Inbetweeners is better.

Skins was only close to true if you were a posh tryhard kid with incredibly rich parents.

The only good thing about Skins was Effy (s1 and 2)

Attached: F9834237-9750-46E8-9430-C951F93D0382.jpg (540x750, 65.8K)

Is there that big of a difference between late 00’s and mid 00’s? Also tv shows kind of have a cultural lag of a couple years.

>FEISTY ONE YOU ARE

>posh
>lives in a 1600 sq ft “house” that literally shares its walls with other houses
Do bongcels REALLY?

when I fingered her she shit down my arm

No yard either btw, strangers walking by on the street are 5 feet away from your head

I live in Bristol on a street full of those houses. They're mostly lower middle class or working class. I think he was talking about the lifestyle

that's the dutch for ya

The kids were unrealistically represented as lower class than the kids like that are. I met Skins kids when I was younger, but they were all private school kids who lived completely consequence free lives.

arabs, I don't like arabs

Attached: 678.png (615x409, 472.51K)

>You look like my cousin when he went for a job interview
>Is he a golf pro?
>No, he's got downs syndrome.

posh is a state of mind.

I think it means like you go to theater even though you're not gay, or you drink wine with your fish n chips instead of beer, or you go to holiday in France instead of Shagaluf. Your sons name is Tarquin and he's a vegan, he tells everyone he's working class but he's scared of the north. That sort of thing

>tfw started watching this as a sophomore in college right after all of my high school friends had moved away
It was an incredibly bittersweet experience.

Attached: 1619741040490.png (796x878, 1.38M)

>bristol
absolute queer

Patrice truly was /ourguy/

bongs are wayy too agreeable

but everyone in Skins is a poorfag. somw of them even homeless

I hate this show
And Skins

And Peep Show too.
They're all bollocks.

Idk, I can't get into this "losers try to get laid"-trope. The first American Pie was funny, Superbad was decent, but other than that, it's all so tiresome.

If I want to watch kino about mating rituals, I watch good ol' nature documentary. Human mating rituals are tiresome and there's no humor in it.

I have that car (not that literal one).

look at bitter billy no mates over here

there's "broke", and there's "poor", learn the difference

Skins had cute girls so its objectively a superior show

>waaah waaah if you don't like my favourite tv show I hate you waaah waaah
Grow up.

The idea of skins wasn't posh, but the execution came across that way because all the cast were.

They weren't losers, the clues in the name.

>Carli
>Charlotte
>Tara
>Neil's Sister
>Will's mum
Pick one

>effy
>cassie
>the readhead twins
>that blonde chick that got pregnant
>the busty teacher

damn i remember fapping like crazy when i was a young lad

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 83.71K)

Skins is worse than reddit. It's roastie twitter trash just like Degrassi. Skins is what everyone thought their life was like in high school. Inbetweeners is what it was actually like.

the thing is the show never even hints at how these kids can afford all these clothes, drugs, alcohol etc. etc.
when I was that age I could barely afford a fucking monster munch and a milkshake
the only kids that lived that lifestyle that I knew of were snobby kids with 'rich' parents

Shows like this but with chads that fuck all the girls?

In fairness they all look like they had an orgy in H&M. Hardly breaking the bank.

Skins is who we wanted to be

Inbetweeners was who we are

Will's mum

this is a 10/10 in Britbongistan

Attached: nintchdbpict000296889891-e1485353367697.jpg (571x510, 39.41K)

I always hated her

hated this cunt like you wouldn't believe
>waa i'm 2deep4u i'll break ur heart xox
>takes 3 cocks in a night
>drinks £20 worth of vodka
>snorts £60 worth of coke
>smokes £20 worth of weed
>eats 4 unknown pills
>back for school in morning