Films that you have to be a literal NPC to enjoy

>Literally just a string of one egregious product placement after another
>Wagie finds enlightenment through corporate loyalty
>Plot is literally a guy going round the world in order to improve his online dating profile to score a 2/10 cat lady
>Sean Penn as a wise, soulful artist
>That fat fuck who killed his wife whatever he's called as the corporate rep for ok cupid or whatever it is
The entire thing is like it was written and directed by an algorithm and I had genuinely thought that this overblown advertisement for pizza couldn't be enjoyed by humans but I forgot about NPCs, and this apparently draws them out, I actually thought that it would even bother a spiritless husk but apparently I'm wrong.
Are there any other purely corporate films that only a robot could enjoy?

Attached: walter mitty.jpg (1400x2100, 1.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KiiyZCIW_d4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I'm the protagonist of the world because I didn't like a movie

Walter mitty sucked because the trailer packed in all the fun cgi scenes to make it seem like that was the whole movie, but really it was just some stuff at the beginning.

it must suck to be you. so overwhelmed with cynicism that you can't take any pleasure in life. cant even enjoy a lighthearted movie for a couple of hours.

>I think I'm a human being even though I literally enjoy corporate swill masquerading as art/entertainment

>it must suck to be you. so overwhelmed with cynicism that you can't take any pleasure in life. cant even enjoy a hamfisted string of product placement for a couple of hours.
Yeah it's grim, I'm missing out on all the hot new ads, I don't even know what to CONSOOM

I enjoyed it when I watched 10 years ago. I don't like every shit that comes out and commercial and corporate shit is shit. Sorry if I didn't make a post hating it

people like you deserve to be anally raped

People are robots now and most of them could be culled without any negative impact.

Cedar Rapids

The trailer had the S0i anthem by American Authors, it was destined to be loathsome shit.

She’s obviously no model but she’s better than a 2/10 lol

Attached: 855CB6A1-EB96-400A-B3E5-508E03A5E29B.jpg (3943x2744, 951.9K)

the kangaroo jack gambit

Consider the following:
Reality Bites is how gen xers view the world in their twenties.
Fight Club is how they view the world in their thirties.
Walter Mitty is how they view the world in their forties to retirement.

>>Wagie finds enlightenment through corporate loyalty
lmao not at all
>a guy going round the world in order to improve his online dating profile to score a 2/10 cat lady
he's trying to rediscover himself and feel alive for the first time in his life

Wait what, isn't that Ben Stiller? I could have sworn it was Steve Carell who played Mitty WTF

The title would look a lot better this way

The secret life of
WALTER MITTY

Keeping his names apart looks weird and makes the name "Walter" seem less important

Berenstandella effect my guy the simulation shifted timelines again no cap!

This movie was comfy and charming get the stick out of your ass

based and totally-not-insane-pilled

>to score a 2/10 cat lady
Do you think I have the choice?

honestly mate if she's fair and thing she's fuckable and usually a 10 unless she's mentally ill

Perhaps you’re thinking of Welcome to Marwen, an equally shitty looking movie that came out two years later?

Attached: 740477E9-D1CB-4FBF-9190-21605547E7CC.jpg (425x547, 40.82K)

The Big Lebowski

I used to watch this show in which he was like the boss or something.
I liked that tf show, ai haven' been able to find it

True

thats nice to know, I wish you the best with that

We've seen Ben Stiller do a lot better IRL, but it makes sense that the timid pussy that is Walter Mitty would go for the sad slut from Bridesmaids.

>>Wagie finds enlightenment through corporate loyalty
What? He finds adventure by leaving the office. Finding the missing photo for the magazine is the starting point that gets him out in the world, but its really about him breaking out of his comfort zone, do the things he was afraid to do before, and seeing new places. I'm sorry you're such a cynical Marxist that mentioning he worked at Pizza Hut when he was a teenager makes the entire thing a commercial to you.

>>That fat fuck who killed his wife whatever he's called
I don't buy it. We're supposed to believe you're tuned into the Patton Oswalt conspiracy theories but don't know his name? Who are you trying to impress?

I remember laughing at this movie when I came out since basically all the shots of him in Greenland/Iceland and India/Afghanistan or whatever were all filmed in Iceland. The map he gets from the sailors is fucked too, because for the sake of convenience the landmarks are all close enough for him to get there on a longboard. We do have Pizza Hut here, but we've never had Papa John's ever since Domino's basically cornered the pizza delivery market.

Even the desire to find the photo wasn't originally fueled by any sort of corporate loyalty. Corporate faggots are the ones causing all the problems and inciting him to venture forth in the first place.

No, the guys who fucked it up were Sean Penn and Ben Stiller because Penn was stupid enough to put the picture into a wallet he gave him, and Ben Stiller was too retarded to find it in there.

Obvious one

Attached: Nolan.jpg (1000x1481, 340.35K)

Free Guy
youtube.com/watch?v=KiiyZCIW_d4
>Movie about a literal NPC
>You have to be an NPC to enjoy it
It's poetry.

Good choice. Free Guy is one of those films that will be remembered decades from now that shows all the problems of the time is what created in.

Based, wholesome, and transpilled

imagine the contempt hollywood producers have for audiences.

I remember it now you say it but he isn't that famous, I only know him from the accusations on here, thought it was Michael something

There's so much to break down in that one minute clip alone that's wrong.
>Using literal e-celebs for your human world reaction shots
>Using multiple pop-culture movie references in the span of under a minute
>telling the audience things multiple times including "That's a lightsaber!" where the point is for it to be recognizable already

Whoever made that scene has absolutely no regard for the intelligence of the people who would go to see their movie.

It's not supposed to be highbrow Shakespeare or anything, but can you really not appreciate the humor?
>Guy looks for armor
>Throws up Captain America's shield
>Captain America theme plays
>Cuts to Chris fucking Evans reacting
How do you not understand that? It's goofy, but it's *supposed* to be.

>remembers that he was a professional-level skater, both on street and long boards.
no fucking character development, he just basically recovered from selective amnesia.

it was more fun in the theater
which usually means it's garbage

>completely omits that he is a faggot degenerate that was assaulted because he was being a creep on the men´s bathroom.
>completely omits that the "agressors" werent neo-nazis and one of them was actually black.

It's a wholesome story and it warms my heart.

it would be low effort for an energy drink advert

The movie goes into why he was assaulted though. He told the guys he liked wearing women's shoes and they beat him up. The movie keeps that in.

It's Papa John's my dude.
2x1 on online orders right now. Don't miss it!

Attached: proxy-image.jpg (303x166, 13.62K)

You're thinking of Dan in Real Life

Attached: file.png (260x384, 126.97K)

and they probably presented it as the right side

Attached: 04v112.gif (280x158, 792.98K)

>Deceptive advertising

All of that stuff was the worst part of the movie and should’ve been left out entirely

>He told the guys he liked wearing women's shoes and they beat him up. The movie keeps that in.
he was taking pictures in a men´s bathroom.

No thats Sam Harris.

Really? The movie made it seem like he was just talking with the guys at the bar, mentioned that he liked to wear high heels, and then they beat him half to death in the parking lot.

But the whole point of the Walter Mitty storyline is this timid man with escapist fantasies. They used CGi because it's easy and it helped make his fantasies more out-there. I think they're fine, given that it's just some sad guy having daydreams based on shit he sees everyday.

It's called Sliders

They could’ve shown his timidness in ways which fit more with the rest of the movie. The best parts of the movie anyway are the situations which force him out of his comfort zone and drive him to become the kind of man he idolized in Sean Penn’s character, without him really realizing he’s going through that transformation.

It would've been funnier if the fantasies were more subtle, like he has mild schizophrenia or sth. His boss just starts trying to deck him and Walter kicks him in the balls five times, then he zones back in. But yeah, stuff like him imagining Kristen Bell singing for him and shit was a lot nicer.

you've slipped again friend

Attached: 1647534120430.jpg (960x640, 150.82K)

I don’t think they should have made the movie a comedy at all. Sure have funny moments between characters that make sense in-story, but I think almost every movie that is explicitly made as a comedy, but isn’t solely a comedy in the vein of the classics like monty python/Mel brooks movies, is the worse for it.