Why do people hate temple of doom so much?

why do people hate temple of doom so much?
>dark, pulpy colonial atmosphere
>great action scenes
>doesn't rely too much on humour like last crusade but is funny at times
>great cinematography and use of colours
>willie is an intentional homage to the damsels in distress of the old pulp stories and serials
Why do zoomers hate this film because of muh racism and muh sexist woman sidekick? haven't they read the original pulp stories that inspired indiana jones?

Attached: indiana_jones_bridge.jpg (620x368, 254.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Darryl_Watson/status/1519356027602452483
youtu.be/f4bNusi9yAA
youtube.com/watch?v=HmVlFAqpbR0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kike trash

Saw this, mid-night north american premiere at the university theater in Toronto. What an experience!

>doesn't rely too much on humour
might be this--it feels off in general

INDYYYYYYY!

also

>AHH fank u dactah Jonez me chineeeese

>he original pulp stories that inspired indiana jones
I think you mean the Tin Tin comics that George lucas ripped off

I enjoyed all the three Indiana movies. Temple is good just for all the India stuff. There's so few kinos that are set in places like that and made for some really creepy, disturbing scenes like with the bugs and monkey brains and human sacrifices. But also interesting and fun scenes like with the airplane boat parachute, or the elephants and all the people in the villages.

bot thread

remove the kid and the woman and it would be a 10/10.
surely some autist has made a fan-edit that does this

>Prepare to meet Kali, in Hell!

the plot meanders and the random indian cultural rock isn't as immediately gripping as a biblical artifact

Retarded Americans want it to be about the bible. ToD is the best one though.

>why do people hate temple of doom so much?
No idea, really. Apparently, it's "too dark" for some people (never understood this, for me melting scene from Ark is much darker than anything in ToD).

I recommend Baahubali Part 1 and 2 if you enjoy Temple of Doom. It has similar vibes.

>Nice, try Lao Che!
Are those chinaman actors still around? They'd make a believable rival in the retirement home for Indy in 5.

>Bollywood song and dance epic
kek no

You must have shit taste

It's just because the sidekicks are incredibly annoying.

The rest of the movie's pretty good.

This, the bitch screeches like a banshee and does nothing but nag and complain and short round never shuts the fuck up

backlash already startedtwitter.com/Darryl_Watson/status/1519356027602452483

I've always heard the 'it's racist' complaint. I didn't really see what's racist about a fringe group somewhere eating weird shit, frankly.

No Nazi bad guys

1. The slope
2. The bitch

Spielberg wife is annoying as fuck. I like short round tho

I just skipped around on the YouTube upload of the full movie
>song and dance scene
>poorly acted action scene
>shitty CGI of a guy on a rope over a waterfall
>song and dance
>song and dance
It's shit, ranjesh.

I was shocked to find out that Short Round is in that Everything Everywhere movie, thought he had died years ago

I like that I can see Spielberg's daughter's big tits and butthole with just a quick google search

they don't you can start a INDY thread without this stupid premise

Attached: 1639361132858.gif (498x498, 67.51K)

Does she have big tits AND a big butthole? Please say yes

It's pretty large. And her pussy is a perfect inny. She's mixed so she looks a little strange but she has a pleasant personality and just wants to be slutty.

I will marry her and make many babies with her

Female lead was irritating and the treasure sucks

Kali ma Shakti de

Attached: 74362985691.gif (469x204, 2.81M)

>indiana jones is absolute trash and we loved it because we lacked any sense of jugdment or taste when we were kids
change my mind
absolute shit adventure movies created for brainlet kids

I am an early millennial and I still can't watch the Indiana Jones movies with adult eyes, I just saw them too many times as a kid and I fall into hypnosis if I try to rewatch. The Star Wars OT I can, but mostly because the re-release versions break the hypnosis effect.

Where do I get some good leaks for her stuff? Not finding much

Indy 5 is going to be the best

the other movies feel like breathless adventures in interesting locales while this one lingers on gross indian culture, human sacrifice and child slavery. i get what they're going for but it's definitely the odd man out

The comedic relief bitch never shuts up and is present in nearly every scene. Otherwise the movie is great, but I can't help but cringe everytime she is on screen. It's the Indy movie in which George had the most creative control and he just can't help himself inserting retarded characters that skew the entire tone and mood of the movie. Same thing with The Phantom Menace, decent movie ruined by comedic relief ruining the whole experience.

Please to greet
My shitting street
Move your feet
To my Bhangra Beat
Thank you Please do the Needful

Don't hate it, just the weakest of the original trilogy, the sidekicks are very annoying.

The sacrifice scene is kino as fuck

because they're wrong

Attached: mola_ram.jpg (400x400, 27.46K)

>80 year old indy
yeah sure

He's only in it part-time

>not made by Lucas or Spielberg
It will be pozzed beyond belief. Crystal Skull wasn't great by any metric, but it had sovl

Mikaela

Attached: prepare to meet Kali....in hell.webm (384x456, 258.01K)

Unironically my favourite Indiana Jones movie.

Doom is the best by a mile, it just filteres brainlets

It's inferior to Crystal Skull and you only like it because you're mindlessly contrarian.

I actually like this one most, it feels like one condenced advanture instead of a long breadcrumb hunt.
But i love all of them.

Fate of Atlantis > this movie

Attached: 0036307_indiana-jones-and-the-fate-of-atlantis.jpg (1024x768, 98.95K)

Looks kino, reminds me of The Amazon Trail kind of

Attached: maxresdefault (17).jpg (1280x720, 105.64K)

Its the best Indiana Jones, fuck the internet

I fucking hate the intro scene bros.
youtu.be/f4bNusi9yAA

>pooistan
>screaming bitches

Why?

It's horrible how all the movies I watched as a kid in TV are hated by normies. Turns out they were buying only the second-rate trash because it was cheaper to get rights for airing and translation. You had to pay extra for HBO or Canal+ to watch the good stuff and my mom could never afford that.
For many, many years Temple of Doom was THE Indiana Jones movie for me.

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.jpg (550x444, 27.73K)

I owned all of them on VHS and always loved Doom.

it's the "Metallica effect" Indiana Jones made the standard. It feels like a rip off because everything else rips it off.

Singing and dancing is big homo

No Nazi's. People are fascinated by Nazi's. They just don't want to admit it.

They do admit it, and this was one of the primary complaints about both Temple of Doom and Crystal Skull, that Indy isn't fighting the Nazis.

Crystal skull could have worked if they didn't set it in south america and make it about aliens. The first half isn't terrible.
Natives and aliens though...

Exactly. Want to make a movie a hit. Throw a Nazi in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=HmVlFAqpbR0

Next one is going to be a hit. Why? They are doing it on the Nazi bell and time travel. Nazi's meet back to the future directed by a Jew. Thats a billion dollars opening weekend.

Also the oversaturation of the CGI killed it for me. Spielberg should know better