Is it the best war movie of all time?

Is it the best war movie of all time?

Attached: MV5BYjEzMTM2NjAtNWFmZC00MTVlLTgyMmQtMGQyNTFjZDk5N2NmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzQ1ODk3MTQ@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1484, 229.93K)

It’s certainly the best Vietnam war movie but I wish he’d cut the useless, pretentious narration

>Vietnam War
Based retard

Whatever happened to high budget war movies with a shit ton a big name male actors?

WAR IS...LE BAD the movie

is to long. music and narration made me feel like i was watching "oscar bait: the movie "

That's practically every war movie

i still see a spark in you

You should love your neighbour

Quads of truth.
The movie was up it’s own ass the entire time.

They come in waves.

Attached: Fury_2014_poster.jpg (259x383, 23.03K)

MOVE YOUR FUCKING MEN UP THAT HILL DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN BASIC INFANTRY TACTICS TO YOU YOU ARE SITTING IN A FUCKING KILL ZONE NO YOU CAN NOT STOP FOR WATER GET MOVING GOD DAMMIT NO

Attached: The Thin Red Line47.png (1600x680, 756.89K)

Staros did nothing wrong.

was he Jesuschrist?

Attached: pvtwitt.jpg (640x272, 20.3K)

He did play Jesus in The Passion of the Christ.

Is it better than Platoon? Platoon is one of my all time favorite movies. Used to rent it almost weekly from the local library.

Attached: 1650545840198m.jpg (1024x683, 102.24K)

It's very similar. Malick is much more philosophical and naturalistic than Oliver Stone.

Private Witt was a better character than Gibson Jesus

God this movie is insufferable

it is essentially a vietnamkino, has all the proper elements but set in wwII

Nah, Apocalypse Now is

No Terry Malick is an insane person.

Yes. Yes it really is you insulated faggot. I had half my arm blown off by an IED in Iraq in 2004. They did a skin graft from
my leg.

Attached: 431F5BAA-03D8-426A-880B-AB4D7BDB817E.png (828x1792, 3.61M)

Attached: 2022-04-28 12.50.25 www.reddit.com 7a46e0af7a4a.png (701x628, 504.26K)

Holy fucking shit no

>fucking movie is 2 hrs of "I've wasted my whole career and have nothing to show for it but hemorrhoids" and "I've witnessed the purest man can be, im finally free in this oasis"

Fuck that bullshit, once or twice is cool, get in their heads a bit, but this was such pretentious shit. Fuck this movie

Thin Red Line and Black Hawk Down are absolutely stacked with mainstream talent albeit some of them before making it big. Trying to make a movie like that now would cost a fortune. Plus there's no guarantee it'd do well financially so studios focus on what most likely will (i.e. capeshit and remakes).

Lol, that’s what you took away from this film. Filtered by Malick? You have to be as retarded as Cuba Good Jr in Radio.

Sorry, forgot the endless (light breaks through the leaves in the forrest) shot. One or two slow breeze blowing the grass shots is cool, but motherfucker basically put together a national geographic film with like 20 min of action.

>user had it right earlier, this is Oscar Bait: the movie

KEK you got filtered by Malick. What an awful existence you must live.

bottom surgery looks gnarly

He's a fucking hack, his movies are all pretentious bullshit Oscar bait.

>His movies ARE good for one thing... helping me fall asleep on restless nights.

lmao

Massively overrated
Felt like they just copied a bunch of better movies and put in a lot of good actors to fight for the oscar

Do you have one of those cool robotic prosthetic arms?

Camaraderie. Hearing counter viewpoints from different soldiers throughout the film that share one thing in common. They find peace and love in the place they least expect to find it. They find it from each other, they find true bro love despite their differences.

>Copied a bunch of other movies

Just so you know TRL came out the same year as Saving Private Ryan

No. Skin graph.

Attached: D77DCAA3-3398-47C0-AEAA-1178FF18DE0F.png (828x1792, 3.79M)

he also reduced George Clooney's appearance to literally just one scene, which is quite hilarious
But he wouldn't have fit into the movie anyway

You're right, this movie is fucking gay

>t. only child raised by mom played no sports

Back to capeshit retard

Was it worth looking like a freak for the rest of your life?

I don’t look like a freak, I only struggle extending my pinky and ring finger

how the fuck Malick movies are Oscar bait you retard

Nah, there are too many good ww2 related films for Malick to get an easy win

>Reportedly, the first assembled cut took seven months to edit and ran five hours. By the final cut, footage of performances by Bill Pullman, Lukas Haas, and Mickey Rourke had been removed.
Release the footage

Big nope there brochacho, on all accords

> just feel this movie was overrated as hell, and reeks of film school level pretentiousness.

> they even jammed it to the brim w big names to try to suckered everyone in

I fully understand what they were trying to show here, but it missed the mark miserably and fell flat on its face. The good parts and relatable parts were spread way too far between shots that literally did nothing to advance the movie or plot for the sake of being artistic. Pacing was shit as a result and the movie is a disappointment. I really wanted to like this movie and watched it 5 times before just giving up, there is just too much that missed the mark.

This retard doesn’t even know how to properly green text. That’s fucking sad. Don’t feed these queers. They’re the losers of the loser generation, so you know they’re awful. They have zero culture whatsoever.

4 hour bore fest
Full metal jacket nigger
Or jarhead

I pride myself on being able to find the "good" in about everything I watch. Im not really into capeshit movies, but I do see them. This one had good parts to it, but editing and pacing were shit and it came off as try hard.

Attached: iQSIzMECMnFgaD-UNssDhKpch2pl23zwzjhgypbrbiE.jpg (1277x719, 64.61K)

Kek, someone is butthurt

I’ll give you that the pacing at times was missed the mark (especially after the hill is taken). Malick has that issue in most of his films. But he captures the existential crisis each of them have, and how they deal with in much different ways. It’s very original and quite beautiful.

>jarhead
Nigger, I’d rather watch Iron Eagle 3

Has anybody read the book it's based on? If so, is it worth reading?

>Full Metal Jacket
Kino
>Jarhead
No

Valid points, I do appreciate the beauty. Just wish he knew how to reign it in and ride the wave of action and emotion behind what was set up.

Maybe the 5hr supercut fixes this, who knows.

>fmj
not even his best war film, which is arguably paths of glory

Malick’s peak Kino grasscore is The New World. The cherry on top is Plummer being butthurt that a bunch of his scenes were cut.

FMJ is hilariously overrated.

Those Christopher Plummer interviews talking about Malick.

Attached: 49E1F87A-1EA1-453B-BA75-7F184E5271F8.jpg (396x385, 27.48K)

Truth, once they leave training the movie goes to shit