What is worse, no ending or a shitty ending?

What is worse, no ending or a shitty ending?

Attached: george-rr-martin.jpg (610x366, 83.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oupHONsXsZc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shitty ending is worse as it tarnished the rest for me

No ending.

What is worse, having a family member go missing forever or knowing that they're dead?

No ending, then you can imagine the perfect ending for you in your head and no-one can contradict

Shitty ending by far

Look at 95% Japanese manga/anime. The ones with no ending can be praised and gushed over indefinitely, even if it's undeserved, like Berserk. On the opposite side, since Japs can't into good endings, those that do have closure are shat on (Attack on Titan is the latest and best example).

another season to wait a year for

who will play him

>YFW you'll never get exhaustivly detailed accounts of Westerosi TAX POLICY

Attached: 1507531979452.jpg (600x631, 67.78K)

Shitty ending.
As the youngsters of this board grow older they will see everything that they love tarnished and turned to shit.
And they will realize, that it would have been better for it to have been left alone or incomplete.

shitty endings are at least fun to talk about

>The ones with no ending can be praised and gushed over indefinitely
because tr/a/nnies are pathetic af. jap never ending format is absolute cancer and the reason why most of anime is trash for trannies and children

A shitty ending is deserved: if you stick that long with somebody who has given you plenty of evidence of being a terrible writer, it's your own damn fault.
No ending can happen with any author for a number of reasons regardless of whether they're hacks or not, so it's worse.

There's still time.

Unironically this, Martin is best when he just writes informative, chronicle-style things. He's great at world-building but sucks at writing good dialogue and action scenes.
I want the Fire & Blood 2nd book more than I want Winds of Winter.

You get both with him. GoT writers said that what they did was broadly what he told them the ending of the season was, and he's never contradicted that just saying the journey and minor details would be different. But he's a fat fuck who has no interest in finishing so we also get an unfinished ending but one we know will be vaguely shit.

Jonah

Attached: images.jpeg.jpg (1080x1440, 266.42K)

Tv series last 2 seasons were so garbage that they retroactively ruined 6 good seasons that are literally unwatchable now. The worst failure in tv history imho.

He's "great at worldbuilding" to the level of a good tabletop rpg game master at best, and that's probably where his approach comes from. At the end of the day he's somebody who would name a geographical region based on how it looks on a map or where it's located. Beyond that he simply adds warfare discussion internet forum-tier "realism" to standard fantasy stories.

Attached: now-i-admire-tolkien-i-do.jpg (592x398, 25.29K)

Bran taking the Iron Throne is retarded but mad queen Daenerys could be kino as fuck d&d just couldnt pull that one correctly

Shitty ending is worse. No ending at least gives you some imagination and headcanon

>semi-literate Gurm fans also "read" picture books
Well, colour me surprised..

Which one are you?

Attached: danyfags.png (1200x1060, 1.65M)

The cutest one

Shitty ending. No ending means people can speculate forever

Shitty ending Chads vs no ending incense
So running away from closure, embrace it move on w your life

Who cares, only the first few seasons of the show were good and 1 or 2 of the books if you're being generous. Some guy on YT who sounds a bit slow wrote a whole season 8 and 9 on how the show should have ended, here's season 9 and its pretty damn good, worth sitting there listening for 4hrs. youtube.com/watch?v=oupHONsXsZc

which is which in this analogy?

>Bran taking the Iron Throne is retarded but mad queen Daenerys could be kino as fuck d&d just couldnt pull that one correctly

Uhh bad news. King Bran is the only thing from the ending that they confirmed was from GRRM. Everything else is unknown

GODS BLESS BESSIE

mayhaps

Sunset

Wrong. GRRM is a world building genius because he has mastered a literary technique called parallel imagery, or parallel narratives, to tell a story within a story.

The problem is that this technique requires AT LEAST 130 IQ to even begin to understand. Hence all the brainlets and midwits who think they’re cool for shitting on his works.

At least 90% of the story of ASOIAF is only revealed by thinking critically about the world, history, houses, and symbolic parallels that he masterfully wove throughout the books. That’s why it’s taken him 11 years to write TWOW.

Didn't the "No Ending" get us the "Shitty Ending"?

Not saying having an ending wouldn't = a non-shitty ending. But GRRM not being arsed to finish is why we got what we got.

An ending that shits brown water

*rings bell*

testing

getting requests

In a true masterstroke, GRRM managed to cause both.

A shitty ending for sure.

asdasd

no ending but with everyone assuming it would have been bad.

i.e. what's going to happen.

>Didn't the "No Ending" get us the "Shitty Ending"?
A combination of that and GRRM choosing showrunners who had no vision of their own, and so flailed around when they went off-script. I started noticing that in Season 2, and I knew it would only get worse as the seasons went on, when it started to become clear they would pass the books. Martin specifically turned down other people who had their own ideas for what to do with the story like focusing on one character, and went with the ones who he thought would get the most details right. He just forgot to get showrunners with a brain.

the people in BB would never say anything as negative as "season 7 and 8 ruined the whole show". normies don't make absolutist statements like that unless they're confident that literally everyone agrees.

what's wrong with the action scenes? aside from dumb shit like Tyrion being a capable fighter

the whole ending is obviously GRRM's, including the Others being a fakeout.

Daily reminder that GRR Martin is a hack and he will never finish his story
>pic rel

Attached: 1645410906071.jpg (1080x1248, 727.47K)

No ending any day

Nah, that's when they took perfectly fine endings, retconned it to somehow not be the ending so they could shoehorn in some more sequels then ending on a shit ending because they were just maming it up as they went along. I'd keep the fine endings over that

Ice & Fire isn't about humanity's satiety with good, nor is it half as depressing as that pretends it is.
But I can understand if you got that from the show; it's a miserable experience adapted by two imbeciles that only wanted to depict the Red Wedding.

There was a tron 2?

It’s all the real ending because martin told them how it’d end. The only things that’ll change are things in relation to characters they directly cut, but the ending is also proof most of the characters they cut just won’t matter. So we know Aegon’s story ends anticlimactically since they just cut the entire thing+Connington. None of it ever mattered, just Martin letting his autism spill over and then nutting so hard he doesn’t need to wank for several years again which is why he can’t bring himself to finish.

Yes, sigh, somehow Tron returned and they had to beat him again

id rather just have no ending

Nah i don't think they won't matter. All those extra storylines make every make more sense even. I think Aegon will take the throne and everyone will love him. Then when Dany arrives, after all the bullshit she's gone through, all her sacrifices, to see someone else has taken the throne and she is denied, she will lose it and burn the place to the ground. And Bran is not Bran, but is Bloodraven, who stole Bran's body and used it to get himself crowned king

>I still miss /got/

n-nth for azor h-hot pie...

Japanese stories are pretty terrible though. They aren’t good writers. I enjoy manga for the artwork and fun stuff but they’re all horribly plotted without exception. So I only “get mad” if they end in a needlessly depressing way, otherwise I don’t give a fuck because the ride was the best part.

there are literally huge tedious exposition dumps explaining the history of the world in the books dude. what you mean is fans creating headcanon around vague details he doesn’t even think about

The ending must have been pretty fucking shitty. Nobody would shut the fuck up about this show when it was on, now its never talked about, not even a whisper of the most popular lines & memes from the show.

>/got/
radmure, woe to the usurper, fooking legend, harrenhall... all lost... :(

reminder preston jacobs is doing a winds of winter fan fiction project

Is Qeuntyn going to be alive? Him surviving like Preston suggests would be a big hinderance on the already bloated story

It turns out that deconstruction and subversion for the sake of themselves do not lead to a satisfying conclusion to a story. Who would have guessed it, huh?