/who/ - Doctor Who General

Chibnall edition

Attached: FOTZEHHXsAYMu7-.jpg (900x675, 108.96K)

I'm reading the Chibnall interview now and there's an interesting segment talking about how the Timeless Child came from his own experience of being adopted and that it's a story personal to him. And honestly, that's a really nice idea, I only wish that had been focused on more. Like if Techteun had been portrayed as a slightly more sympathetic figure and the arc had focused less on lore bait and more around the theme of found family then I think the Timeless Child storyline would have been much more effective.

Attached: 1dwm.png (848x1200, 2.39M)

In his interview in Doctor Who Magazine, Chris Chibnall indicates that he doesn't know where the Doctor is from and never intended for that mystery to be revealed.

Attached: 1child.png (600x400, 307.17K)

Previous: >"I was a grumpy, mouthy, opinionated 16-year-old who got called up on Sunday night by someone saying, ‘Do you want to go on telly tomorrow?’ And I didn’t prepare anything. It’s hilarious. And then to think that you end up in that job...” ~ Doctor Who Magazine

Attached: 1chib.png (600x400, 420.61K)

Chris Chibnall says the Doctor’s emerging relationship with Yaz was something that evolved during the series and “wasn’t part of the plan.” But it developed because it came through in the performances, starting with 'Arachnids in the UK'
~ Doctor Who Magazine

Attached: 1yaz.png (1000x700, 974.97K)

Interesting interview with Chris Chibnall in the new DWM. He correctly identifies The Battle of Ranskoor etc. as his weakest, script, and sees Fugitive of the Judoon as the pivotal point of his era.

Chris Chibnall refuses to divulge where the Fugitive Doctor fits in the Doctor's timeline other than to say it happened in one of the "gaps."
~ Doctor Who Magazine

Attached: 1jomartin.png (600x400, 427.04K)

Chris Chibnall admits to Doctor Who Magazine that 'The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos' didn’t feel enough like a season finale. It was filmed from his first draft because he ran out of time.

Chris Chibnall only discovered Russell T Davies was returning as Doctor Who showrunner about 36 hours before the rest of the world. Piers Wenger and Charlotte Moore told him. ~ Doctor Who Magazine. He and Davies are "in constant touch" and Chibnall knows a little about what’s going to happen but doesn't want to know too much as he wants to watch it fresh as a viewer. He didn't mention coordinating the regeneration scene.

Attached: 1timshaw.png (600x800, 888.4K)

It was Matt Strevens who first suggested Bradley Walsh to play Graham O'Brien.
~ Doctor Who Magazine

Attached: 1graham.png (600x400, 410.39K)

>It was filmed from his first draft because he ran out of time.
He accepted the job in January 2016, if not earlier. He still ran out of time.

BBC News can exclusively reveal the final details for the long-awaited Doctor Who 2005 boxset:

>Commentaries on all the episodes by every single member of the production team, except the one you want.
>Billie Piper's home-movie sex video (with Chris Evans): 3 mins
>'Thinking up Fart Gags' Featurette: 24 mins
>'Keeping the Doctor Gay' Featurette: 24 mins
>'Locating the Logo Designers (drama-documentary): 42 mins
>'Andrew Pixely Stalks the Production Team' (poor quality shaky-cam): 90 mins
>'Parting of the Ways' alternative ending when it wasn't planned like that from the start: 3 minutes
>'Shaun Lyon has a lie-down': (a few minutes)
>'Murray Gold drops some cymbals': (often)
>'Jack Barrowman Gushes Uncontrollably': 1 hour
>'Christopher Eccleston Interview': 37 seconds
>Deleted scenes: including the one where 'Bad Wolf' makes sense.
>All the BBC pre-publicity trailers and various crew appearances on a variety of naff chat-shows: seventeen hours over four discs
>Easter Eggs: 'Eccleston threatens to lamp Keith Boak' and 'Jack's Glorious Arse': (20 seconds each)
>TK Maxx Catalogue (PDF file)

Attached: 1651067269904.gif (130x210, 14.28K)

>The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos was filmed from his first draft
What a surprise

Why was AFROC so Fated?

>TK Maxx Catalogue (PDF file)
Alright, that one got me.

>Jessica Hynes has been rumoured to have been cast as the Fourteenth Doctor.

Attached: 1650750930353.png (1200x720, 948.83K)

the fact that RTD keeps shoving this terrible actress into everything he does makes me believe it

Doctor Who fans are toxic.

next Doctor will be revealed this sunday btw.

Peter Capaldi will return as the Twelve Doctor to film a new regeneration scene that takes place in the Doctor Falls, retconning both the Chibnall era and Twice Upon a Time.

The twist is going to be that the nu-Who Doctor was the Rani all this time. RTD's new series follows the real 9th Doctor.

The twist is going to be that the nu-Who Doctor was Rani all this time. RTD's new series follows the real 9th Doctor after she turns herself human and hides out in Bannerman Road.

Attached: 1645478693654.png (480x480, 387.62K)

Attached: nuwho.jpg (1377x963, 121.17K)

So The Doctor was The Rani all the time? What a tweest.

So the Centenary special is likely to air during October 22nd right? Given it's the Centenary event of the BBC.

I know most nerds are self important dicks still dude how much of a raging narcissist do you have to be to actually see yourself in character like The Doctor so much that you start to self insert your own life experiences into character the moment that you get a chance to write the show ? That's just sick.

The 13th Doctor using The Master's skin colour against him was the only good thing she's ever done.

What a wanker

Attached: chibnall crack.png (800x402, 567.91K)

>Chris Chibnall refuses to divulge where the Fugitive Doctor fits in the Doctor's timeline other than to say it happened in one of the "gaps."
Backtracking prick. At least have the courage to own your terrible ideas

Guys it doesn't matter. It's over. Embrace the future.

Is there a pick for the new Doctor Who that would instantly make you lose interest in RTD's new series?

You know, he could've created a companion based on his experiences.
Have the Doctor adopt a alien kid*, I don't know
Instead he literally self inserted his history into a nearly 60 year old show BACKSTORY just to leave a mark of "I did this"

*plus it would've given us some new companion besides the generic british 21st we've been getting for 15 years

She is cute in Spaced

The future's so bright I gotta wear shades

Attached: the cooler russell.jpg (557x557, 60.47K)

>David Tennant

That's because this is who Jodie will regenerate into.
>100 years later the BBC finally has a woman of color in the iconic role!

Attached: wot.png (431x490, 478.89K)

>Doing the 60th is a familiar yet new Doctor as a single episode closing the book on the previous era and starting the new
Oh god it's gonna happen isn't it

Attached: 1635843758175.jpg (752x469, 24.27K)

He obviously just wants to maintain some mystery.

Already happened, you'll need to get new material

Attached: ruth.jpg (768x574, 25.37K)

Rakhee is a QT

Attached: RakheeThakrar0103a.jpg (1200x800, 135.27K)

Attached: 1648863791680.jpg (1000x563, 186.34K)

Puj has fallen to the curry menace

Maybe he can tell us if Indian pussy tastes like tikka masala

Attached: chadnall.jpg (431x620, 147.52K)

RTD has just hired Colin Baker as The Master.

>has a vagina
>Thinks has a vagina but it's a gapping hole
If the new doctor fits one of those two I'm out.

The Doctor is planned by a trans actor. Solely because I know the stories would focus on the struggles of trans people, even though the doctor wouldn't be considered trans.

The Master should take a break for at least 4 series

what if the 60th is just The Day of the Doctor remade but with 10, 11, 12 and McGann

and this time they actually use the Moment, and blow up the planet Time.

Here's your 60th anniversary villain /who/
>Ah Doctor, you truly believed you were not a Timelord? It was a mere jape by me to laugh at you.

Attached: The-Time-Meddler-Monk-Peter-Butterworth.jpg (930x917, 309.36K)

Do you know what would be amazing? The next doctor -at the start- is just the valeyard. Basically 13th was so shit that she created the valeyard.
the 60th is basically trials of the timelord but with more doctors. It ends with the Valeyard being defeated and time and the universe rewritten to the time when capaldi regenerates, erasing Jodie's era but keeping her technically existing.

>Russell T Davies wanted Chris Chibnall to write a sequel to The Impossible Planet/Satan Pit featuring Zach, Ida and the Ood in series 3. Russell T Davies confirmed later to Chibnall that they don’t have the budget so the concept of 42 was proposed.
- DWM

Attached: FRanxFAUcAEvXFQ.jpg (336x353, 27.21K)

Why does everyone keep giving the Doctor pointless warnings?
>Jack tells her to beware of the Cybermen
>Time tells her to beware of the Master and vague "forces"
She isn't a moron, she knows that the Cybermen and the Master are probably up to no good.

>Jack warns her not to give the Cyberman what it wants. The Doctor ends up giving the Cyberman what it wants.
>Time tells her to beware of the Master and forces. She then comes across them.
lmao

The 'forewarning' thing was just Chib's cack attempt at doing the end of Planet of the Dead with the warning about four knocks.

reminder there's new star trek for ever week of the year
and whovians get 2 episodes per year
seethe

3 episodes this year, cope

1 next year
seethe

1 episode of RTD, or 43577890 shit Star Trek episodes? I know which I'd rather have

>Star Trek fans waste their time watching pure shit all year round
>we only have to watch pure shit a few times a year
Once again, Who is superior.

Attached: quote-star-wars-is-adolescent-nonsense-close-encounters-is-obscurist-drivel-star-trek-can-harlan-ellison-65-51-79.jpg (850x400, 84.57K)

>maybe
In one account, the Master explained that the Valeyard was an "amalgamation of the darker sides of [the Doctor's] nature, [taken] somewhere between [his] twelfth and final incarnation".

thank fuck

Would be unironically kino