Rome is amazing

I just finished watching this and I'm astounded at how incredible the world-building is. The set design, the production design, the costumes, the 35mm cinematography, the mystical soundtrack. No series has ever immersed me into its world like this did, it genuinely feels like you're there during times of antiquity. Absolutely kino.

Attached: 814r9pInz-L._RI_.jpg (2000x1500, 482.6K)

Too bad we didn’t get s4 with based Sextus Pompey and s5 with Jesus

>Absolutely kino.
agreed. its fucking tits. do you read? read Tom Holland's book called Rubicon

check out I, Claudius

>70 year old Titus knocks up Mary
would be kino ngl

>check out I, Claudius
yeah ive been meaning to watch this for YEARS

I agree, OP
feels bad

guess I'll watch it then

Youve convinced me but if it disappoints except a lot of scat on this board.

>Tom Holland
fuck off homo kike, go play with your spiderman toys

>“I discovered halfway through writing the second season the show was going to end,” Heller said. “The second was going to end with the death of Brutus. Third and fourth season would be set in Egypt. Fifth was going to be the rise of the messiah in Palestine. But because we got the heads-up that the second season would be it, I telescoped the third and fourth season into the second one, which accounts for the blazing speed we go through history near the end. There’s certainly more than enough history to go around.”
This what they took from us, but I can't help but feel they would've shit the bed at some point, there's no way they could've kept the same level of quality up for 5 seasons

It’s shit

I think they could. It would've been interesting to see how Christ would be portrayed. Hopefully they would keep a sort of mystical air to him, neither reveal him as God and go full supernatural nor go full neckbeard and say "he is a man xd".
Would've been kino if it ended with Vorenus converting to Christianity.

user, have you penetrated anyone yet?

Attached: dda5f6411218b0aef1c9788816aef48b.jpg (2000x3008, 1.25M)

they shut it down and they'll never make anything like this again

really only season 1 is good. season 2 is a rushed mess

Yeah, it sucks but I don't think they could realistically stretch the Forrest Gump stuff with Vorenus/Pullo much further

It’s got the QTs. It’s got some grade A titties. It has based characters It’s very quotable.

Checks all the boxes for absolute kino. Shame HBO can’t make anything like this anymore because Game of Trannies destroyed them.

I couldn't get past episode one.

Vorenus is way too conservative and trad to ever convert to something like Christianity. I could actually see Pullo converting since he went with so much shit after his wife died and then killing Gaia.

Any Roman converting at all during that time would be kinda anachronistic tho. Before Paul only Jews could become Christian.

Now watch Carnivale

Furthermore, Pullo and Vorenus would be old ass men or possibly even dead by the time Christ is crucified.

>Gaia
Those tiddies and that slutty face though.

And what of good Solonius?

Attached: solonius.jpg (300x450, 28.36K)

>Vorenus is way too conservative and trad to ever convert to something like Christianity
Hence why I think it would've been kino. A dude who has always been super trad even through all the shit going down in Rome ends up making this radical shift in idealogy and beliefs in the twilight of his life.

You have improved my morning, user.

Attached: based solonius poster.jpg (554x858, 82.86K)

No i can only write

Attached: 1649337328645.png (705x858, 109.47K)

Attached: 1634398327314.png (705x858, 112.87K)

Based hivemind

I'm going through a big Romeaboo phase but I generally avoid entertainment media on history since it usually disappoints, either in accuracy or, more importantly, "spirit". How's this show for capturing the spirit of the pinnacle of civilized humanity?

Attached: tumblr_8fbe6c0a2610d574885b51af312c423a_b868077c_2048.jpg (1579x2048, 713.23K)

The clothing, foods, decor, social interactions and general atmosphere are pretty good. It's very enjoyable and worth a watch. You will get the "Roman spirit" for sure. If you do watch it then maybe come back and give us your review. I would like to hear it.

It moves between the most authentic experience in cinematography to very nicely crafted fiction tremendously well. There are some differences, but usually in character of certain historical figures (like for example Atia in the show being this femme-fatal-ish queen of intrigues with nearly no morals, while in reality she was extremely pious and chaste) but all are very tasteful and just make sense for the sake of the story. Spirit of Rome, as in atmosphere and cultural setting is done exceedingly well too.
I wholeheartedly recommend it, I think it is by far the best Rome related piece of kino ever made.
t. lifelong Romeaboo

When I watched that show I first thought his name was Guzelonius

funny to think all those people who were at the peak of civilisation are just nothing

And in a fairly short time, we also will be nothing.

The plot was unfocused garbage, even the first season. Vorenus and P*llo are also actual examples of mary sue characters. Everything just works out for them until we need something bad to happen to people around them for drama XD....fuck off bro. It's a retarded show carried by the costume and environment design.

>everything works out for the main characters of a show
yes that's how tv generally works my stupid gay friend

>hating on Rome and Pullo especially
This faggot worships dogs and reptiles and he paints his eyes with soot like a prostitute.

>season 2 is a rushed mess
The egyptian scenes in S2 are pretty amazing.
The side story with Lucius soprano were terrible lol.

Also--the battle with Brutus was great.

Attached: 56453423.jpg (400x386, 33.51K)

and he dances and plays the cymbal in vile nilotic rites

I love this extremely niche meme.

I, Claudius

Go back to Judea where you can worship your one gay god, lmao

Attached: Niobe.jpg (1848x2924, 698.07K)

>worldbuilding
Didn't watch it at the time it released and then took a guided tour in one of the studios it was shot at. Some streets, a garden and a Pantheon set was still there. Pretty much ruined Rome for me for a couple of years, knowing how much is fake. Revisited earlier this year and I gotta agree, it's amazing series, I've been missing out. Moral of the story, if you just want to immerse yourself in what you watch, don't visit the set.

I remember back when I was a younger man IMDB recommended I,Claudius if I liked Rome.

I saw that it was old as shit, and I thought to myself "am I really going to like this?".

So I fire it up and it's playing this flaboyant trumpet music with VHS crackling and I'm like "oh fuck this is going to be terrible".

The very first shot of the show is a big black female ass twerking--I knew then that it was a show for me.

Attached: MV5BY2M5ZjQ5MjktMTA5My00YjY4LWIwNGMtNDJhODY3ZmJhNmEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjAzNjc1MDE@._V1_.jpg (1914x1074, 919.49K)

Consider the olfactory response

>actual Pajeeta irl
Pretty impressive how "Roman" she looked in the show.

it will be a sad day when this meme is posted on a rome thread for the last time

>olfactory circumstance*

Yeah, except a good tv show doesn't makes it relatively believable and not just "teetus pulo kill all guy voreenus find le heckin eagleerino and pompey manerino XD pulo find all de gold in the world :D....vorenus roughly violates military code? iz ok ceezar let hem go because he like him :) oh no pulo gona get execute...voreenus come save him and they all kill 200 guys O__O! EPIC!" It's literally exactly something a 11 year old would write. It's lame bro. It's LAME.

Isnt she mixed?

No clue tbqh.
I am more of a Gaia enjoyer myself.

Post Gaia's Gaias

any gay sex in it?

Mogged by Atia

Who are the faggots that say this type of shit? Atia was literally the most disgusting main cast female of the entire show.

You're shit

>implying we don't already

Not even bunch of fags fucking each other buttholes on top of a glitter mountain are as gay as (you).

>not wanting a redhead mommy dom milf
Ngmi

>What's I/III of X'X'?
>Why of course it's V'MDCLXVI sexaginta sex ducentesimus

Attached: 05d8ff432ad707912d87ad136662afbf.jpg (1089x688, 166.31K)

I don't think you understood the tone of this show.
Jesus would have been another of Pullo's bastard children. The "virgin" Mary would have been a hooker. Joseph would have been, as always, a cuck.