Hated by the government

>hated by the government
>loved by the people
>champion of the oppressed

How does this fit Superman at all? He’s not Robin Hood.

Snyder’s take was flawed but his placement of Clark in a Catch-22 situation where he would always be lambasted for not doing better was actually interesting.

Attached: 0E7F7EA3-9F08-4639-9D7C-3DDE6EA134AC.png (762x432, 41.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/username/Iceman/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>165 pages

Rule of thumb for scripts is one page is one minute. So this is a two and half hour and change movie. The Batman was a three hour movie. Why do these directors/studios make what should be light hearted action movies into 3 hour long epics?

>Action Comics #1

Attached: Joe-Shuster-Superman-Champion-of-the-Oppressed-panel-no-7-1938-Siegel-and.jpg (658x976, 143.76K)

Man of Steal

>should be
Movies have to be whatever the fuck the writers, artists and directors want it to be. For idiots like you we got the MCU, where every movie has one same style, length and theme.. Not even talking only about capeshit but movies in general. Zoomer americans can't even pay attention to anything these days, it's sad. Some of the best movies of all time are over 3 hours, you stupid faggot. Not saying this one will be, though. But it is what it is.

>Government hates people with super powers

Such unexplored territory

that was back when kikes were writing him instead of based aryans

It's a super hero movie, not Spartacus or Gone with the Wind. Even Marvel movies are clocking in at three hours. Avengers Endgame was three hours. I'm fine with a movie going that long if it's worth it, but super hero movies are just brain dead action movies. People need to stop treating it like it's fucking Hamlet.

Why the fuck would the government hate him?
He does everything they can't do and for free.

Let me guess, this superman is black right???.

OMFG they really subverted my expectations.

>Champion of the oppressed
I'm very suspicious of giving JJ Abrams the ability to use Superman as a mouthpiece to tell us who is oppressed/oppressor and what the solutions to our social problems are.

>champion of the oppressed
So this will be full of wokeshit, won't it?

>Why the fuck would the government hate him?

Didnt help in Vietnam

>not Spartacus or Gone with the Wind
Movies have no rule of what they need to be to have a longer length. Fantasy, Drama, all of it, are not meant to be taken less seriously just because the story or concept they have. That is peak pretentious loser attempting to sound mature. Any story with good writing and talent can be great, and long. If you can't do that, or can't see yourself doing that, then that's because you have no talent of your own, and instead are on a parade of looking how smart you can be.
>People need to stop treating it like it's fucking Hamlet
People won't stopping doing shit. You are not a filmmaker and never will be. The fact you mention the most basic movies and stories like Gone with the Wind or Spartacus, and Shakespeare is enough to say everything.
>just brain dead action movies
Why? Because they're sci-fi and fantasy? Not saying they're all good, most are shit, yes, but some can be pretty good and interesting in the right hands. Outside the MCU some comic book movies could work greatly in the screen, even superhero ones. A good writer can make anything work. That's why cinema is so great, because talent can do wonders. Pathetic lazy and pretentious "opinions" like yours is why no one will ever try to do anything better. Because you already judge something before it even is made, or because it's genre, without any kind of real argument. Deep down you don't care about cinema itself, only about how it will make you look good at the eyes of others. And that's because you have no real talent of your own. And probably a zoomer that can't spend more than 3 hours watching a story without needing to go to read on his phone his last tweets of his fellow losers.

"Superman in Vietnam" was a great story and it's sad to see they're ignoring that canon

Attached: 1647559101181.jpg (1280x1920, 534.64K)

>superhero movies bad
The first Superman is 3 hours long and one of the most important movies in cinema. Will live longer and last longer than anything you will ever make, or any this generation will make. Also, the original cartoon of Superman is one of the most important pieces of animations too, because how much it helped the industry. It was groundbreaking. Retarded zoom zooms think all capeshit is bad but forget stuff like Superman once was amazing and is important to the story of cinema. Even Scorsese loved this movie (considering many of his friends wrote it).

Attached: 91TT0qyYuvL._RI_.jpg (1920x2560, 988K)

Given that people only have 16 waking hours, spending around 1/4th of their day to see ANOTHER fucking Chalomet / Holland / Muttdaya movie seems pretty fucking unreasonable.

So why isn’t he white in the movie?

>>hated by the government
>>loved by the people
>>champion of the oppressed
Superman? Please. I'm just a man. Of course I'm also super but Crooked Hillary already knows that.

Attached: 90[1].jpg (1160x629, 154.25K)

>The Godfather writer wrote Superman (1978)
Absolute kino. Too sad they censored all "american way" references in TV.

Exactly makes the government look bad, why pay taxes when Supes does it for free.

I bought that Bluray. It was a mod but I really like the 3 hour TV cut.

Retarded zoomer you spend 8 hours of that 16 waking hours in shitholes like this. You already are wasting your life. Social media is cancer. Why do you think boomers watched long movies and never once did complain? Because they had nothing else to do but work and fuck. Movies were amazing escapism and could be long and short and it didn't matter because they had nothing better to do, and they never got bored. But once social media came in teenagers got more stupid, had less attention span, and now they cry about 2 hour movies as if they had anything better to do.

>why pay taxes when Supes does it for free
They'd just make up another reason to tax you, probably by making up more institutions like the "department of diversity and equity"

Superman is entirely incompatible with the modern trends.

He represents the purity and wholesomeness of small town USA that produced someone with godly powers, but who is fundamentally humble and always strives to do the right thing. There's a purity of thought and action about him that cuts through everything and is disarming.

You can't pull that off anymore.

Remember when people actually killed themselves under lockdowns? It was tragic but revealed a lot about modern culture. If the grid went down for any reason it would be a full SHTF situation

Attached: 1634767237665.png (750x725, 783.51K)

So he's basically Atticus Finch + Hercules?

Zack Synder making JL five hours wasn't an attempt to write anything fantastic it was just someone who thinks every word they put on page is GOLD Jerry GOLD!.
Editors exist and are important for a reason, to keep egos of "creatives" in check.

>Snyderfag doesn't know anything about Superman
it figures

They need to stop fucking doing realistic stories about Superman. If he really existed then everyone would hate him because they would ask obvious questions like “why doesn’t Superman assassinate my political opponents” or “why doesn’t Superman just use his ice breath to stop climate change”

>Snyder
I dislike his movies, but I will choose pretentious untalented director with a vision of his own, long or short, over untalented losers like you.
>Editors exist and are important for a reason, to keep egos of "creatives" in check.
This is why you will never be a filmmaker.

one of the most overrated films of all time is what it is. they manufactured the hype over it because it was the most expensive movie ever made at that point.

Why is "You'll never be a filmmaker" your ultimate insult? No one has brought up a desire to be a filmmaker in this thread but you.

In 1938, "oppressed" meant you were a victim of criminals or communists or Nazis. It didn't mean that your dad refused to call you "xir."

Projection. Appealing to authority. Pick your poison that user is a faggot who is wasting your time and has no arguments anyway.

>archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/username/Iceman/
>18919 results found.

Attached: 1637471756477.jpg (720x960, 69.57K)

If he did this, he would be considered a white supremacist.

It's like how if Robocop were real, he wouldn't last a week before people started rioting over him taking down so many black criminals

They already say AI is racist. Unbiased, objectively good heroes are always chuds.

Attached: robocop1987.88483[1].jpg (3500x2280, 1000.02K)

>namefag
fuck off
It's a parody of the YWNBAW thing. Makes pseuds angry. NTA.

The real issue is Snyder does not like these characters besides Batman.
>Snyder wanted the whole events of the next two movies to be based around Bruce seducing Lois and putting a kid in her. Then ghosting.

well even Batman he has only ever read DKR in his life

Funny how they are still writin scripts about how he government are the fascist bad guys and the military is evil as if Trump is still in he white house.
Didn't Hollywood get the memo?
The government is good and whoever protests it is an evil Nazi. Remember to report any freinds and family who resist new government mandates. They are fascists and shoyld be turned in.

Attached: 1623861557735.png (679x1102, 293.93K)

they're prepping us for his eventual win
4 more years baby!!!!! whooo!!!!!

>How does this fit Superman at all? He’s not Robin Hood.
There was a story where he bought up bad stock in an oil well, used super strength to operate the well at insane output so the owners who sold the bad stock would buy him out then burnt all the oil to spite them.

Superman also fucked Big Barda where the fuck is that movie???

>Far right extremists shoot up schools/churches/walmarts
>Far right extremists blow up buildings
>Far right extremists try to over throw the government because their Reality TV star lost.
Oh gee golly I wonder why they wanted you insane dangerous fucks reported.

Attached: 1629659715459.jpg (450x600, 45.51K)

Hollywood does not have the balls to put the REAL Superman in to a movie.

Attached: Prime time.png (320x359, 267.17K)

look at this fucking faggot
>you can’t be a critic because you just—you just can’t, bro! Stop it! You’re no filmmaker! Just stop! Loser!

Go watch your genius capeshit films then if they’re so elegantly made and stop shitting up this board. There’s enough of those faggot films surely to keep your deluded mind busy forever.

Attached: 7EEA2CE2-738B-4E3C-983D-D9B2BC3EB3F1.jpg (499x481, 27.94K)

Hopefully Coates remains faithful to the source material.

Attached: #StopAsianHate.jpg (681x915, 135.68K)

>frogposter
You are considered scum even in a shithole like this place, faggot. You can't talk. Not even that user, but frogposters calling someone else faggot is hilarious.

The fact is that no one cares about the Reeves Superman films anymore. The MCU is one of the most popular brands in the world and DC fucked up their own interpretation of Superman by hiring Zack Snyder. Only literal boomers care about the original Superman movie. Show it to anyone younger today and they will laugh at it in embarrassment.

>Go watch your genius capeshit films then if they’re so elegantly made and stop shitting up this board. There’s enough of those faggot films surely to keep your deluded mind busy forever.
I love how pseuds can't even really defend themselves everytime someone says something to them that they know is true.
>Capeshit is shit but can be good
>S-SHUT UP [buzzword] [ad hominem] [buzzword] [buzzword]
You are too stupid to give any other kind of defense. user is right, sci-fi is just as trash as capeshit, and so is fantasy. For every Lord of the Rings and Star Trek there's other millions of garbage like Abrams's "trilogy" and The Hobbit trilogy. Fantasy and Sci-Fi are the original capeshit. And the fact you can't even refute this proves that fag is right and you got butthurt.

There is a part of my that wants Cavil back as Superman in a new line of shorts.
Shorts based off Silver Age Superman being a Super DICK to everyone.

Attached: super dickery.jpg (344x500, 67.67K)

>writing an entire novella because someone questioned why a story about super pajama man punching the bad people can't be told in under 3 hours

The first two Superman movies are long as fuck and were pure classic cinema. Didn't the writer of the Godfather do them?

Attached: Superman_II_El_montaje_de_Richard_Donner-551652688-large.jpg (800x1200, 87.93K)

Yes, Puzo did write them or was involved from what I remember. Donner's cut is pretty great to watch.

Maybe it's because...those movies are old as shit.
the first movie is 44 years old. The last one came out in 87. thats almost 35 years ago.
Even as someone who is a "90s kid" I only really saw them on TV once in a while.

I still think the first one is a good movie and has alot of heart but I also am willing to admit that for some people it's gonna be too old.

That and the ending is terrible.

>Far right extremists try to over throw the government because their Reality TV star lost.
NOOOO NOT THE HECKING UNGUIDED TOUR THROUGH THE CAPITOL NOOO
AAAGH THEY'RE DROPPING WATER BOTTLES REEEEE
FUCKK SAVE ME BIDEN SHOOT TO KILL THEY'RE GOING TO TOUCH PELOSI'S DESK NEXT NOOOOOO

Robocop is ironic unlike superman

Attached: 1632195809081.jpg (739x415, 17.46K)

You are right.

>hehe, I am known as le iceman on Yea Forums

Zack Snyder is an adoptive father.
So for him Superman adopting the son of Batman as his own is a good thing, not a bad thing.
Same with Superman accepting that Lois had a ill-fated relationship after his death and is pregnant with another man's child.
For Snyder that is a Christian attitude. His trilogy ended with Superman triumphant and leading the entire collective world against Darkseid as if everyone was part of the Justice League.

All I need to know is if this is an origin story or not. I am so fucking sick of Superman's origin story that I'm not watching another.

>>Far right extremists shoot up schools/churches/walmarts
BLM are considered far right extremists now? News to me.