Why did this show go completely over Yea Forums's head?

Why did this show go completely over Yea Forums's head?

Attached: devs400.png (400x400, 185.6K)

i couldn't even finish, it was dumb and boring

I liked it.

Attached: 1647811526185.jpg (493x380, 48.7K)

I have 2 episodes left to go. They kind of over explained the devs convo between the bitches.
I kind of lost a lot of interest when simp-guy "rescued" her from a mental hospital by walking up to a window. That shit does not happen like that.
Im guessing this whole thing is just a story for the ceo to overcome his grief and not sit by and let lily die and prove his theory wrong but in the same time forgive himself because he didnt know. He shuts down devs and thats why it cant see past then

i find this woman so attractive and i don’t even understand why. i think it’s because she’s a trained dancer and thus her movements are graceful and smooth

Yea Forums is afraid of schizoid women

she smol

I liked it but left me with a feeling of existential dread,might have been my mental state at the time,not sure

There was like one good actor in the show. Neat premise though.

She cute but her acting sounds like an AI voice reading a script.

If free will doesn't exist, why are people held responsible for anything? Jails shouldn't exist then

This pic has made me laugh way more than anything else on this site in months

free will is a tough sell when time doesnt even exist

Uh...jamiebros? I'm not feeling so good.

Attached: powerful.jpg (2520x3781, 2.34M)

>Jails shouldn't exist then
We have no free will to stop building them

But they should be empty

Take the most interesting concept in human history, turn it into a girl boss story

i found this attractive! i want her to read me stories and then tell me how much she loves my superior white cock

I was thinking about this the other day
and I think it's because Yea Forums consists mainly of autists who cannot into subtext or analogy
they see a sci-fi tv show or film and want the finer points explained to them, in your face, while missing the bigger picture because they cannot grasp poetry or even basic social commentary
they just want everything shoved in their face because thinking for themselves is too hard, too scary
the same reason why these autist faggots don't like interstellar or 2001

As someone who works at a big Silicon Valley tech company it pissed me off at how 'this is how America sees it' the show was.

>turn it into a girl boss story
Except it doesn't. The main girl does a lot of dumb shit and gets rescued by others several times.

Cops and judges don’t have free will either, they can’t help but arrest and convict people

you're wrong. Garland could not make a compelling work of fiction about quantum science, so made a stupid action show

is this show trending agian on Yea Forums cuz severance ended?

Attached: fatally boring.jpg (814x603, 119.5K)

It filled me with sexual confusion and I had to slap my head to get the bad thoughts out.

>Nolanfag
>Thinks he's the smart one
Checks out.

It's because it's boring. 2001 is dated. And interstellar was bullshit science wrapped around a dumb story.
Everyone gets that Inception was a metaphor for filmmaking, what nolanfags don't get is the massive fucking plotholes you overlook because the movie makes you feel smart without requiring you to actually be smart.

The problem with Devs isn't that it's "too deep" because it's not deep. The problem is it's atrocious pacing, silly premise, and dull performances. You can throw all the subtext you want at that but if the text can't carry it (which it can't) then you've got a shit show.

Inception was a metaphor for filmmaking
wait what
i had no idea inception had any deeper meaning whatsoever holy shit

The funniest part about the story is how they treat her like this godtier figure for just not doing what she saw happen on the screen
It's almost like Alex Garland forgot that THEY ALREADY ACKNOWLEDGED THIS WAS A THING YOU COULD TOTALLY DO IN EPISODE FOUR

Attached: devs ep4.jpg (3840x2350, 3.15M)

I enjoyed it but my girlfriend had a stroke during the last 10 minutes of the finale

>expecting a woman to understand

The show would have been good but they added an unlikable main character that you want to lose and doesn't

It was alright. One of those shows where the concept was better than the execution.

This was it for me. I found the premise neat, but she was such a fucking robot. I actually skipped her scenes once I realized the plot moved when she wasn't there more often than not

She 5'7". Not smol

It feels like Kmart Severance.

Why did the black guy let them all die? See, now that's why you can't invite them to your DARPA vr projects family

Have you seen From?
Kmart Lost

>chick from that shitty ST show
I thought they picked her because she was supposed to be unattractive? The fuck is she doing in another show?

Attached: star-trek-discovery-tilly-wiseman.png (750x422, 417.74K)

I'm 5'7, dude...

that title sure sounds like kmart lost lol

>From
>Kmart Lost
>but with n-
Nah...

Get outta here Nazi shrimpcel

I think its more like they made a show out of that movie with the sexy androids.

I liked it

Attached: 1626415991636.png (1033x1289, 1.32M)

Filtered

He had no choice in the matter, they were always going to die there, one way or another. He broke the rules and saw what happened.

He didn't LET them die, he killed them.
In the version they saw on the screen, it looked like the vacuum being compromised caused the pod to drop, but if you watch in the background you can see him using the panel.
He does the same when she decides not to shoot the gun.

The point is that, even though small things might deviate from the tram lines, everything is still deterministic and heading down one unavoidable path.
No matter what Lily chose to do, they were going to die.

Attached: devs.jpg (3909x2160, 2.05M)

The point seems to have gone over your head. They could not, as evidenced by them not doing it.
They talk about it but never do because it never happens, until Lilly.

Incorrect, they chose not to.
The whole point is that they religiously follow what's on the screen, causing it to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.
The first time someone who didn't believe the machine was god saw the future, they acted like anyone else would and didn't do as they were told to

was great. Filmed near me

because its boring
I also can't get over all those cringe IT/compsi moments like that one from ep 1 and fibonacci sequence.
kenton is based tho

I thought the pixellated scene of Marilyn Monroe having sex with Arthur Miller was hot

He was cute.

Attached: 345658494.jpg (828x476, 43.74K)

show was shit and i dropped it when they were like we see the future and shit bro when this exact shit regarding security shown in the show is going on in ai labs right now and could of been about something real and not make believe

>here's a cool sci-fi premise
>now let's dedicate 10% of out screentime to it while using the rest to see a bunch of boring people whine about their emotions
Why is sci-fi Yea Forums so boring?

hehe

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-04-28-03h06m22s613.png (1920x1080, 1.44M)

I liked devs, but my god the pacing was off, entire episodes dragged.
The show needed some more philosophical elements than the staff coping with the lack of free will for 6 episodes.
I like the enslavement by messiah subtext, and I guess the ending makes sense resolving that, but did feel underwhelming overall.

Why didn't Sergei tell Forest that it was his first day?

Karl Glusman gave a magnificent performance with that screams of absolute horror

Attached: 1246678.jpg (640x480, 33.19K)

i almost wish lyndon was a real boy but he's cute no matter what

Is he a Richard Stallman pastiche?

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-04-28-03h49m19s071.png (1920x1080, 1.47M)

OH N-

PREMISES ARE NOT GOOD JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE SCI FI YOU DUMB FUCKING PLEB AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH STOP
EVERY SINGLE TIME SOME PLEB SHITHEAD SAYS "COOL CONCEPT" OR "INTERESTING PREMISE" IT'S JUST SOME SCI-FI BULLSHIT
STUPID GENREFAGGOT PLEBS DIE

Name one "interesting" non-genre premise

similar posters, must be

Attached: 6250a9744329661120b3301f.jpg (675x1000, 84.32K)