The fuck?

The fuck?
So I had 4 hours to kill yesterday and I decided to watch The Batman at the cinemas just on a whim because I liked Robert Pattinson
I went in thinking I was going to get a B or C+ film, I saw negative reviews everywhere and Yea Forums was shitting on it constantly but fuck me it was an easy A for me
I fucking loved it and I'm not even a fan of the comic book
I thought the Riddler was supposed to be horrible and incredibly cringe but I really liked him
What went wrong with the films viral marketing that led me to believe that it was shit?
I wish I had seen it sooner desu

Attached: 1636984997462.jpg (900x900, 200.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/chou29
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've been starting to like it less the more I think about the Riddler in the third act. Otherwise great movie though.

Attached: 919309.jpg (1600x1066, 185.35K)

I thought this looked dumb when we first saw the production stills of it but the entrance scene of this has secured its position in my mind as coolest Batmobile

Best Batman move FULL STOP.

Yeah, the reveal of the batmobile after it had been teased throughout the movie as bruce was building it was so well done. I was thinking of seeing the movie in theaters just for the sound design of that scene.
I don't like that they killed all of the hype with the engine stall gag though.

streamable.com/chou29

Attached: batbobile.png (1277x852, 1.76M)

yeah I thought it was alright,the couple of woke lines were annoying but I enjoyed it aside from that

Shit movie. Stupid fucking Catwoman mask. Simple as.

Never trust Yea Forums shills, OP

SnyderBros... Were we just? Were we just too cocky do you think? How did the Snydercut fail and yet Batman already has a sequel?

The riddler's shreeks/cries surprisingly were certified kino

Low effort, 0/10 Warnerbros.

>I don't like that they killed all of the hype with the engine stall gag though.
felt like i was the only one annoyed by that, no one mentions it

>In a 3hr borefest no one mention the engine stall
Riveting.

you sound like a woman.

and you fuck like one.

So his master plan was getting people wet ? Also why don't cops arrest fagman ? Why no one remove his mask when he can't stop fainting ? Why everyone behave like the fag isn't wearing a retard costume with a cape and little cat pointy ears ? No one laugh ? No nigga bully that aspie fag ?

Attached: &width=456&height=668.jpg (455x668, 192.71K)

uhhh... thanks..?

>Why isn't the autist in my capeshit getting bullied like I do in real life?

gross. you will never pass.

You're crying like one

He's the only retard wearing a costume and everyone around behave like it's ok. Strange.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness will release on May 2. Book now.

Did the cops put batman in the back of their car and drive him to the GCPD while he was knocked out? No hospital? Just bring him to GCPD, lie him down on a table, and no one tries to unmask him until the exact moment he wakes up?

I don't watch capeshit. I saw the Batman for Christian Bale and Heath Ledger, was pretty good but the costume was also retarded. I don't get why they wear goofy clothes like this.

I think you may be parusing too many chud forums and getting too influenced by them. Chuds don’t like this movie because catwoman makes fun of ytey. So they are on damage control mode making up any bullshit to whine over it.

No you're not.

Yes I am

Well then, we're agreed.

Nope

>I was thinking of seeing the movie in theaters just for the sound design of that scene
Thats exactly what I did and it was kino. Pirated first, went to the movie with a friend later. Great experience.
I dont think it was a stall though. I think it was mean as a scare tactic to break Penguin out of the "deer in headlights" effect and disperse everybody.

Nignog detected

It wasnt nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, but the story was super weak. Also the flying squirrel suit was absolutely fucking retarded.

Nice viral marketing

>bring el ratta out into the light
>batman looks up after Falcone gets shot
>whoa... a light
Its not even a riddle bro...

The perfect Batman movie would combine the cinematography of The Batman, the score and fun of the Burton/Schumacher movies plus the plotting of the Nolan movies. With the gritty intense fight scenes of BvS.

The third act is so bad I want to spit in Lenny Kravitz wig.

The score was beautiful in The Batman. Plot has weak spots, but lets not pretend Nolan's movies had good plot. There's a lot of stupid shit that happens there, especially in TDKR. Even TDK has problems.

Begins and TDK have excellent plots.

Rises was a money grab WB begged Nolan to do.

Not really. The message is a lot less interesting for starters.
But in terms of plot:
>police doesnt notice the school bus in the intro robbery scene although it was standing there for ages and then left with tons of debree on it's roof
>the back crime boss goons deliver supposedly dead Joker to their boss without checking if he is actually dead so that the following scene can happen
>Joker's plan hinges on somehow escaping from police and activating a bomb via phonecall; if that doesnt happen everything stops
Those are just a few things and that's only from memory. I would have a lot more if I actually watched the movie again.

*black crime boss

He only did it so they'd greenlight Tenet or Inception or one of those movies he actually wanted to do.

Attached: Peacemaker-S01E06-Chapter.6-Murn.After.Reading.mkv_snapshot_05.32.706.jpg (2560x1440, 352.05K)

Ok, got it. Now let's see The Batman
>Files sent from Gordon's email, says he will get shit for it
>No consequences
>Big explosion at a highway chase, probably dozens died
>No consequences
>Batman punches Gordon to escape. Gets chased by police and has an order to be arrested
>No consequences, they forget about it
>Alfred has a bomb explode at him in the face
>No consequences
>Bruce discovers his dad got a guy killed
>No consequences
>Bruce paints some big riddles in the floor trying to find out what happened to the Renewal
>No consequences, he forgets about it.
>Batman crashes against the floor jumping from a roof, screams in pain, barely able to walk
>No consequences, next scene he's fine, with a new cape and everything
>Bruce and Selina become a team and will work together to end Falcone
>Selina and Gordon do all the real job. Next scene Batman did absolutely nothing

And not a fucking middleweight for a Batman. If your Bruce Wayne couldn't play Clark Kent your movie sucks.

repilled: the thread

Is it true that this version is closer to the comic?
Apparently batman is a detective but you wouldn't know that watching nolan's films

The OP message smells like shit bad isn't?
Stupid shill farms make more bad than good to their own target.

Batman and Gotham faced more compelling challenges as a result of the problems the Nolan villains presented. All the plot issues in The Batman could be overlooked if they led to something interesting. But what did it all lead to? A sperg out with Riddler? COD players who kill no one? Some people getting wet? A crime boss being (shock) the crime boss?

Why would you not know that watching Nolan's films?

Batman is a lot of things. Nolan Batman does detective work. It is woven into the stories. This Batman leaned more heavily into it, though he didn't actually figure anything out.

The Riddler just giving up was so anti-climatic. The final fight could've been something that happened in the beginning of the 3rd act, it wasn't enough to end the movie on.

Honestly I haven't even watched the film, I just ignored the threads here after the film got released because I thought it was bad and wanted to see people talking about it...

This version is more playful and playful in its art direction. The Nolan version pushed itself as hard as possible to sink Batman's roots into a physical reality close to the audience's reality. This version gives itself enough room to play. It sacrifices realism in favor of something more kinetic.

It is a good precedent. Man-Bat and the Court fit like gloves in this earth-2.

okay incel

>police were never called to the bank robbery, the debris gets mostly shaken off when it goes down the stairs and whose going to look twice at a dirty school bus
>joker was pretending to be dead and they literally had him wrapped in garbage bags. Also the gangsters were low iq niggers anyway
>last point fair enough but they did show him escalating it and taking a policeman hostage so he could activate the bomb via phone

Did you miss the part where the movie had no ideas of it's own and was just mindlessly aping superior movies?

Attached: Capture.jpg (1097x553, 55.44K)

Hey faggot, I already responded to your pasta in the other thread. And the best part is that the things I mentioned are of critical importance to Joker's plan. But the ones you mentioned are irrelevant.

>>Files sent from Gordon's email, says he will get shit for it
He probably got shit, but who cares, we dont have to see it.
>>Alfred has a bomb explode at him in the face
>>No consequences
He's literally in the hospital and almost dies.
>>Bruce discovers his dad got a guy killed
Not exactly what happened. Also what consequences were you expecting? Shit happened 20 years ago.
>>Batman punches Gordon to escape. Gets chased by police and has an order to be arrested
Police corruption comes to light and when Batman captures Falcone Gordon gathers trusted officers and vouches for Batman.
>>Bruce paints some big riddles in the floor trying to find out what happened to the Renewal
Unnecessary scene just for the spectacle and audience. He should have made one of those wall things with strings. And the consequences are him looking into what renewal is and his father's background.

Youre right about the highway explosion and the crash into the bridge though. I hope the writing in the sequel is tighter.

This version is closer in both the visuals and the aspect of detective work. But this is also referencing Batman Year One and The Long Halloween, so he still kind of sucks at things.

>Batman crashes against the floor jumping from a roof, screams in pain, barely able to walk

would have been interesting if they had gone with realism here. Stitches in the face and all, but this movie is a serial killer story told to children. PG-13 and all that.

Sounds like you just prefer TDK more, which is fine.
I found the message of TB way more interesting, just not as flashy as with Joker in TDK.
It lead to Batman realizing his approach was wrong. It also lead to taking out the corruption.
>Some people getting wet?
The consequences are a bit more than that. Many probably died and Gotham now is flooded, which creates new problems.

>some people getting wet?
No Man's Land. If I'm not mistaken, I believe in the comic the US government disassociates itself from the city on a geopolitical technicality.

Batman Begins
>Bruce Wayne murders about two dozen League of Shadows members by making the building explode, to save the life of one murderer (who may have died in the explosion anyway lol)
>this is kind of hilarious given TDK's obsession with enforcing Batman's 'one rule'
>Bruce Wayne happens to get back to gotham at the same time Batman starts his activity, nobody puts 2+2 together despite the Nolan Batman actively needing and giving away rich man's technology
>risks his life trying to save one guy from the league because... uh...
>fox coming up with an antidote to the fear toxin in about two hours despite not even having a clean sample to work off of
>all the effort placed upon the fear toxin needing to be aerosolized but nobody having any symptoms from evaporation or splashing water from the taps, showers, etc all of which aerosolize water naturally
>somehow nobody notices Ra's and the League of Shadows members at Wayne Manor as it burns down, despite an entire party happening there, nobody thinks to report all of these strange figures to the police

>I don't like that they killed all of the hype with the engine stall gag though.
That didn't need to be in the film.

>policemen start shooting inside the crowded building at batman when he ziplines up the stairwell
Is this an american thing?

>Batman and Gotham faced more compelling challenges as a result of the problems the Nolan villains presented
Only really in TDKR. Ra's only manages to poison some slum dwellers and the Joker blows up a hospital. Yes, high-profile terroristic acts, but not really existential threats to the city itself.

>>police were never called to the bank robbery
And yet you can hear sirens very close to the bank when they start driving off.
>>joker was pretending to be dead and they literally had him wrapped in garbage bags
Oh well I guess then they shouldnt check before bringing him to one of the most powerful crime bosses in the city.
>Also the gangsters were low iq niggers anyway
Not an excuse, not all thugs are stupid and they were not low level thugs.
> they did show him escalating it and taking a policeman hostage
Yes, which is another issue in itself. Not only the one guy that knew better than to get agitated got baited easily, but he also somehow lost to Joker in hand to hand combat and got taken hostage. All off screen. Thats a lot to believe.

>and the Joker blows up a hospital.
And threatens to blow up other public places causing widespread panic.

lets not forget
>nobody except that one sweating guy figures out that the Vaynetech military vehicle (tumbler) is the batmobile

>didn't watch the movie
The goons who brought Joker to Gambol were Joker's goons you mongoloids. You see them pulling guns on Gambol's minions. God Yea Forums is so fucking retarded sometimes.

None of this ruins the movie. All of it could be nitpicking. The Batman's flaws DO ruin the movie.
The whole story wouldn't happen if Bruce had looked up where Riddler took the photos of the Lounge, which is Detective 101. Sure, you could say he's in his first or second year, but then why did Gordon, or NO ONE from the "good cops", or the media, or anything check out? What about Falcone and his thugs? Or Penguin? Did he not give a shit someone was taking photos of him and probably close to discover his involvement with Falcone? And yes, Riddler takes the photos from his house, you can see it at the beginning. So if Batman did check out the place where the photos were taken all the movie would be over in less than 30 minutes.

This is weak bait but man I was so disappointed by this film. Not because I went in with expectations, but because it had potential. So poorly directed and written.

>causes serious hysteria for like a day before he's apprehended
Not really an existential threat, is he? Ra's was an existential threat, but he failed before he got off the ground. Bane/Talia were the only ones to seriously punish Gotham and put it to the knife's edge of destruction.

So Joker's goons somehow got into the boss man's quarters with guns and without Joker's body or themselves being checked thoroughly? You're digging even deeper hole for yourself.

That isn't nitpicking. The last two points are critical to the plot of the movie, unlike the issues in TB.

Ever since I was a kid I always wanted to see a Batman movie done right, that leans hard into the detective aspect. Instead I got this bullshit. I also always wanted to see a Batman that actually looks like Batman and at least Ben Affleck delivered on that one.

>boss man's quarters
It's a dive bar. Lol, you didn't even watch the scene, ahahahaha Yea Forums sometimes. Try again later