Is this worth watching or is it one of those A24 movies that people say are good so they can sound smart?

Is this worth watching or is it one of those A24 movies that people say are good so they can sound smart?

Attached: 771Ey73LqsE9ORJhQCI25rgMXS2.jpg (2000x3000, 1.39M)

It’s literally the only good movie A24 has ever produced.

It's a really really good bad movie. I hated it on first watch, but I respect it. And it's also rewatchable due to the secret codes.

Nah it's kino. If someone is acting like a pseud for watching it, they're retarded.

it's ok the first time. i'll probably never watch it again

If you just pretend the main character is actually literally schizophrenic or insane it's actually good.

Great film. I didn't have it hyped up prior to watching so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. Turning Teeth is a great song as well.

Zoomies first neo noir and made worse by that creepy jew lead

engaging mystery, great music, perfect tone, doesn't take itself too seriously

it's the most midwit of all A24 films

The conflicting responses should tell you what it's like. You'll either love it or hate it. More the former if you're schizo

It's one of the handful of A24 movies I like. It's better than the director's previous film, It Follows.

Pretty good. Stuff actually happens in this one, so it isn't "muh slow burn"
Also the movie is kinda redpilled, if that means anything to you.

the fanbase is the annoying. this thread should tell you that. make your own decision for once

If you’re unvaxxed you’ll like it, if you’re a clotwit it will filter you simple AS.

How the FUCK did they get away with this?

Attached: A3EE8C96-088C-44C4-B214-E44C9364E6E4.jpg (1918x812, 82.46K)

It's the most pretentious and retarded A24 movie of all

director was blacklisted through cancelled capeshit for this

The reveal sucks though. The movie is pretty good but the reveal pretty much ruined the movie for me.

If you get paranoid, watch it high.

It’s LA detective canon.

Attached: 893EC9EF-BC59-412E-9FC9-444AD0C2CC9B.jpg (1200x630, 73.52K)

it makes me requiem-for-a-dream kinds of uncomfortable

why is this the comfiest genre? How does LA have more noir kino than Chicago or NY?

They didn't actually produce it. A24 was responsible for distribution, but that's it.

its wonderful. a lot of fun

I felt my stomach drop when he started playing Where Is My Mind.

because Raymond Chandler

"wouldn't it be SOO CRAAAAZY if this happened, then suddenly THIS HAPPENED, for no reason because it's just like, so crazy!" The Movie

who is the left one

>Raymond Chandler
thanks I am uneducated retard, will add his books to my reading list.

not him, but i really recommend James Ellroy's L.A. Quartet if you like los angeles noir

this movie filtered me
this scene was so fucking cringe and stupid

start with big sleep, move on from there

>DUDE THE BUBBLES

It would be less shit if the MC wasn't a hugely unlikeable cunt you wish to see dead the moment the movie starts.

Attached: mm_underthesilverlake_onesheet_16621.jpg (2088x2988, 1.14M)

Based jew in The Long Goodbye

Whoa never noticed that thanks user

That's the point, retard. A movie doesn't have to be centered around likeable characters.

goold

Yes
>Raymond chandler

NY "noir" is a different kind of kino

Attached: index.jpg (190x281, 13.24K)

It's fun.

> film includes literally killing the rich jew
Best A24 movie by far

Uncut gem was alright but yea you’re right

This is pretty kino so far

The mystery and clues makes no sense and it didn't make sense why they would let the guy walk away alive when they were killing people, but it was still a fun movie.

I liked it, but I'm not sure what I was supposed to get out of it.
I thought it was about people who think everything is a conspiracy and maybe it was saying that even if you were right it's stupid to chase them down because the hidden messages aren't meant for you.
That I guess it's calling those people narcissists.
And the stuff about him being the dog killer? I don't know.
Or maybe it's all a big joke and if you're trying to figure out what this movie means, you're wasting your time as much as main character is.

It's an excellent double feature with pic related

Attached: Number23.jpg (259x383, 21.54K)

If you look closely, the chicks hair reads sex.

It's pretty good. I watched it with my parents and the sex scenes and booba scenes were great. After the movie ended my mom looked at me and said "I know why user recommended this movie"

This movie is fucking awesome.

it's a pretty good movie which means Yea Forums probably hates it.

Attached: silly.jpg (1004x551, 47.52K)

i couldnt stand that the actual movie was set in silverlake, no thanks

he’s onto gus

You know whats funny, there is a jewish man in real life that does all of this, dont know the name off the top of my head but he writes alot of famous artists song, artists who state that they write their own songs

One jew, two Germans and one black girl (the one plays the lesbian in Pitch Perfect) wrote like 40% of big hits in the last decade.
You don't need to go that far, Hans Zimmer is responsible for every ost is every big budget movie.

Max Martin. He is only below Maca in number of n1 hits.

so this is the 2010s version of "Brick" by the hack Rian Johnson?

i love brick and no one can take that away from me

Attached: brendan.jpg (1280x720, 303.03K)

brick was cool when you watched it as a teen
brick is fucking stupid as shit when you watch it in your 20s+

>A24 was responsible for distribution, but that's it
And they did the worst job imaginable for it. Its like the purposefully sabotaged the movie with how shit the trailer is

It’s the only movie that I immediately rewatched after seeing it for the first time

i still like it, but i still enjoy most of what i did in my youth because most of it has merit

this was so good and counter culture that A24 refused to market it kek

its a good hangout movie.

>the character is a depiction of a piece of shit LA type
>user expects to like him
You would never like him because he hate the type of person he is portraying

i disowned brick, because its just pretentious in hindsight now, but the soundtrack is still a keeper
i still kept all the versions of "Emily's Theme" from the soundtrack on my pc, that was the only still redeeming factor from the movie

Why do so many people stop the thought at the songwriter? Who pays him?

I think they let him go in the end because he was now homeless

for me? it's laura's theme
also Kara's
and it's not so much pretentious as it is plagiarism from old 50s noir movies

Attached: laura.jpg (450x245, 68.62K)

That was really enjoyable

>tfw no smelly Andrew Garfield bf

It’s like a lot of movies nowadays where they’re more intellectual than storytelling. It’s not easy to watch. It summarizes things well. How did you guys interpret the ending? Billionaires faking their deaths to breed the future of humanity? Religion being a lie?