Uncharted

Why does Yea Forums talk about this like it was terrible? I just finished it and it was mid-tier. A generally fun adventure/heist movie

Attached: unc.png (809x1024, 1.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_WB5nzfYcTA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yea Forums hivemind is a fucking loser so naturally - also a contrarian.

Why would you even come on here to discuss anything? Yea Forums is for memes and calling one another fags.

why are you looking for verification from fartchan?

Because I loathe Tom Holland.

reddit

Because it was. No, I haven't seen it and I don't intend to.

made me kek

why are you trying to rehabilitate the image of this dogshit movie. the villain was whack the lead got mogged by a random punjabi and the friends had no chemistry. the only takeaway from this movie is that tom holland is in the closet.

youtu.be/_WB5nzfYcTA
When will this guy get his own movie?

Because it's the antithesis of adventure. These movies need to feel authentic when if they are campy. If you go full CGI and retarded helicopters and ships then it loses all appeal of authentic adventure.

Even bad practical effects are better for adventure films than any CGI.

>Why does Yea Forums talk about this like it was terrible? I just finished it and it was mid-tier. A generally fun adventure/heist movie
I haven't seen it but the casting of Wahlberg as Sully was laughable, as if from some parody movie where the audience is meant to laugh at how bizarro he is for the character, and Holland seemed little better as Nate. So there's your answer - the protagonist and fan favourite mentor figure are horribly miscast, and they wouldn't even get a truly hot curry for Chloe.

the brown girl was sexy

>everyone keeps backstabbing each other
Is that just a recurring theme in the games?

wahlburger just can't be funny
why they hired him will be forever beyond me
i think he did it for free like the jannies

>implying Nathan Drake would be 4'11"

she was hookup hotshot hot

Ambulance was better in terms of fun.

Attached: ambuLAnce.png (1200x1500, 874.41K)

what

There's a stack of unwatched torrents that i haven't finished yet. I won't waste my time on "blockbuster" with production design that's not even at the level of pirates of caribbean sequels.

I watched it last night, it's not good, but it was admittedly a pretty fun watch, the problem is that it's ultimately the forgettable, by the books kind of film that's churned out on a production line these days and filled with hyperactive, unfunny, one-note characters desperately trying to force a smile from the audience. Rather than watching the larger than life characters Nate and Sully going on adventures it just felt like watching the adventures of Twink Spiderman and his sidekick Mark Wahlberg, some relatively unknown or just better fitting actors for the looks and personalities of the characters in the games would have been an improvement, but what do I know, I'm not a Hollywood producer.

Having played the game before it just doesn't feel like there is a reason to watch this over playing the game and the more satisfying experience that comes with it, the writing, the pacing, the characters, the spectacle. The games are the quintessential movie-games and it seems there is nothing the films can do better so far.

Attached: 1636553756095.png (640x437, 610.26K)

nope

I started watching it last night. Skipped through any and all dialogue from the woman until it got back to the cargo plane.
Gonna start it again soon and I assume the third act will be mildly entertaining (if I skip all dialogue from the woman)

>mc is white man
>black women is a backstabbing whore who will kill her boss for money
>brown women is a backstabbing whore who will try to kill you even after you save her life
>the only one whose trustworthy is another white man who choose friend over money
I don’t understand, why Yea Forums hate this movie? I can understand if redditors hate the movie, but user? Come on.

Attached: 1590722596107.jpg (600x593, 38.98K)

>he still takes this place seriously

The problem is, there shouldn't have been two strong black females to begin with. I played the games. The only blacks I remember were all the NPCs I sprayed with my AK. Speaking of, where were the fucking gunfights in this thing? Where was the platforming? Where was the bromance?

>two strong black females
brown isn't black, user

Attached: 1638262543948.gif (400x400, 1.81M)

who the fuck is this guy?

Attached: screenshot493.png (1920x1080, 3.39M)

nolan north, he voices Nathan Drake in the games

Bait

fuck off, Yea Forums

>cameo by someone who is not going to be recognised by 99% of the audience
genius

It's shlock, but I thought it was entertaining and fun shlock. Movies like this and Free Guy are the only kinds of true fun we're gonna get now that isn't capeshit which is all unwatchable.

Dunno. Must be a director cameo or something. They played some really shitty music when he showed up too.

This was OK, Free Guy was profoundly awful

Okay. Recommend me some fun that came out last 2-3 years that isn't capeshit or built upon an established franchise.

It's entirely mediocre. It's on the same level as your average capeshit.
It's badly written with obvious plotholes, contrivances and plot armour permeating every scene. But it's also a bit of fun and well-paced. It's stupid but for people who like that sort of thing, I don't know why they wouldn't like this.

There is none. The absence of novel fun doesn't mean you can start relabeling shit as fun just for the sake of there being something fun.

its the guy who voices the main character in the uncharted games, the character spider-man is playing

Okay, so you actually do agree with me, but still felt like being a smartass for some reason.

No, I don't agree with you. Free Guy isn't fun. You want to say it's fun just because it's not as unfun as most things, that doesn't make it fun.

It was objectively terrible. I can typically enjoy most shitty movies but 30 minutes in I was already bored. Whalberg and Holland were a terrible casting choice.

Why are you on this board if you don't enjoy movies. You can enjoy a shlock movie simply as a forgettable, but entertaining sensory experience.
I also forgot to mention Ambulance, which was fun and also kino from a filmmaking perspective.

I love movies, just not shit movies, which is 80% of movies from the past, say 10 years

I liked it

>kikes hate it
>the people love it
This is how I knew it would be kino.

Attached: Uncharted2.png (773x281, 156.11K)

How does every marvelshit movie somehow get 60-80% score, yet they are obviously not at all above this kind of movie in terms of quality or artistic value? I don't get it

Freeguy is built upon every established franchise

Because rotten tomatoes is a binary rating system based on "see it/skip it". Most critics are going to say "see it" for MCU movies even if they are shit, because the way the movies are structured almost requires you to watch every one.

thanks ano

Is there any reason to watch it if I've already played all the games?
Trailers made it look like just a compilation of the "epic cinematic set-piece moments" from the games, regurgitated in semi-live action form

Attached: 1394576494776.jpg (225x225, 10.97K)

>yes, this is the perfect person to direct our debut live action film!
I guess Playstation films is dead in the water now

Attached: Screenshot_20220424-091236_Chrome.jpg (1080x1592, 472.88K)

I just watched this yesterday. Some post here said it was a fun movie. And I noticed it have walhberg in it. So I watch it and whaddya know? It's pretty funny! Enjoyable blockbuster. Good jokes good action I'll watch the next one

das rite

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-27 202928.jpg (754x253, 31.04K)

As someone who only watched the cutscenes of 1-3 and played 4, I'm pretty pissed and baffled watching it. They just jammed everything together with no finesse at all.
Sully meets Nathan because Sam told him about him.

>Why would you even come on here to discuss anything? Yea Forums is for memes and calling one another fags.
Good discussions sometimes, you greedy tongue in a tranny's ass.

white people love it

>As someone who only watched the cutscenes of 1-3
I wish the film writers watched those as well

Been a minute since I played Uncharted, but what scenes were from what games?
>airplane w/ cargo boxes
>the auction heist
>pirate ships
Am I missing a game scene?

There's a generic rooftop footchase between Drake and Chloe and a nightclub/bar fistfight with some goons. Also it starts with a flashback to Nate and Sam breaking into a museum in Boston and features the orphanage with nuns, so sorta that stuff from 4

So it's a prequel but all the game/movie scenes are from Uncharted 4?

Cargo plane scene is from 3

As a fan of the games I actually found it enjoyable. It wasn't everything I wanted but it was fun. Yea Forums is retarded.

why didnt Nate bang chloe i

Ambulance was an overrated headache