Just marathoned this masterpiece. Explain it to me

Just marathoned this masterpiece. Explain it to me

Attached: Poster+-+Wailing.jpg (1000x1481, 346.59K)

>Explain

What's there to explain? Japanese guy was literal devil, shaman was his servant all along, and creepy lady was some kind of protective spirit

So explain the death hex scene if thats true

Shaman was hexing the daughter with the devil

The crux of any korean movie is that japan bad

And what was the jap doing then? Why was the death hex hurting him?

>korean horror
>japanese man is literally satan
so gookfags really?

Don't cheat on your wife and the devil will leave you alone

There's some well documented reasons for that trope

Maybe it was the price pay for this weird corrupting ritual. He could revive himself anyway
Or maybe it was separate ritual from Shaman has been doing. Devil did like fiddling and experimenting with black magic stuff like zombie shit in this flick

so what get over it and just make movies, seething isn't going to undo anything.

Something about Satan

Do the Koreans ever acknowledge that they aren’t unique and the Japanese were universally dicks to everybody? Or that they considered the Koreans to be good enough that a considerable amount of high ranking IJA officers committing these atrocities were themselves Korean?

So why was the jap so scared after the he finds the body missing from the truck?

Yeah the reason is an enourmos korean inferiority complex
Plenty of other countries have fucked their neighbours up in the past but you will never see a french people seething at england like this, even polish anger towards germany isn't anywhere close

Didn't like having his project botched and enrisk his exposure I guess. He is still in the mortal body after all

>you will never see French people seething at England like this
Lmao you are one retarded faggot, frogs are eternally seething at anglos

Why was his project botched?

>so what get over it and just make movies
That's why people make art, retard. It helps process trauma, even if they aren't consciously doing it

Nowadays they make some quips making fun of bongs, nothing compared to korean hatred towards japan

Attached: 1639940816406.jpg (640x581, 72.8K)

Who knows. Movie itself isn't really trying to be clear on the plot anyway. Just interpret as you like

South koreans are assmad cuz their entire history is them getting BTFO'ed by either China or Japan

Attached: r7vqm4h4ktw71.jpg (796x1024, 116.59K)

My low IQ headcanon is that the old shaman was actually a good guy trying to genuinely help cleanse the place until he died running away from the suspicious townsfolk.
The devil possessed his body afterwards.

That interpretation might be more plausible

I will never watch a Korean film again after getting memed into watching this trash. I broke my rule for Parasite and it had the same pacing issues. Fuck Korean movies.

>pacing issues
Nobody cares about what film school fags think

Their extent of hate is unbelievable. They have notion called '왜색'. Which is a derogatory term for work containing or having allusions to Japanese culture. If the contents show slightest amount of homage to Japanese culture, they condemn the makers for being weeaboos

>japan bad
>oh wait actually it's deeper than that
>just kidding japan bad

The sound like niggers honestly

Makes sense. He seems kind of lost tho, probably the Devil was too much for him to handle from the beginning and he screw up.

this is garbage why do so many wank this shit

>art=cope
I disagree

>doesnt get it
>still calls it masterpiece
classic sheep
this movie is hot trash

If that's the case the guy being japanese was intended to trick audience into wrongly doubting him.
But if it's true it didn't quite work anyway. Most of the audience would've thought 'Japanese guy le evil devil' and left theater

literally the mad men "I don't think about you at all"

you are retarded if you think english/french relations are anything like korean/japanese

Wtf man the amount of people who misinterpreted this movie is insane. The girl spirit was the one cursing everybody. The young shaman targeted the old shaman because he was convinced that he was the one doing all of this.

In reality he was doing rituals to keep the bodies of the cursed from coming back from the dead as these demons. Notice how once he got fucked up he frantically checked on the body in the truck to see if it was still there. He had been trying to prevent that shit from happening the whole time.

Old shaman at the end of the movie is a zombie demon created from his corpse just like the girl spirit was doing to the other corpses. Its not the same character you had seen before his death.

Attached: 1646700333016.jpg (640x631, 91.53K)

I can appreciate things even if I don't understand them

You clearly don't know any real French people

I thought the jap was casting a body swap on the truck guy during the ritual scene

Really? It seems to me the movie relies heavily on korean culture so they got the whole plot while westerners don't understand things that are obvious to them. I usually understand those movies pretty well but was totally lost this time.

Attached: 1650988338637.webm (384x480, 880.69K)

My take is that the devil has been possessing the Japanese man from the beginning, and that it moves from the body of the Japanese man to the body in the truck when he does the ritual. And then the devil possesses the Japanese man again at some point after the Japanese man gets hit by the car and thrown off the cliff

It's not just the westerners. Gooks were flustered badly as well
Director later on admitted he made the flick as confusing as possible because he wanted it to be open to mutliple interpretations

>the devil has been possessing the Japanese man
I thought the japanese man was a devil desguised as a human playing with people

noone gives a fuck what you think

I think so too, but I also think he is able to move from body to body or somehow swap the souls of his victims. At least that way the reaction of the Japanese man makes more sense when he sees the empty truck.

I admit it was a little on the nose, but I'm sure it was just a coincidence

It's a 2 hour movie....
>Explain it to me
Go fuck your dad,there are like 30 YouTubers making an analysis,slut

And I want a dialogue not some youtuber giving me their opinion with no ability for me to respond

That's not low IQ headcanon, that's what literally happened. But, nobody understood it.

praise God...

>but I also think he is able to move from body to body or somehow swap the souls of his victims.
Maybe he changes the disguise? I got the impression sometimes he impersonates other people to spread confusion and mistrust.

It was a charade, bro

Could be.
But also what this user said could be the case. I don't think there's any definitive answer, which I really like about this film.

For whose benefit

The death hex was hurting the forest jap because police officer thought he was the devil and convinced the city Shaman of the same mistruth.

The jap shaman's exorcism was targetted towards the to-be-turned-into-zombie guy in the car. If I recall correctly, he put candles in the car for the ritual? The evil spirit was going to possess that car guy that night and reveal a vulnerability which the jap shaman was exploiting. The jap shaman's killing of the evil spirit with his exorcism was hurting the evil spirit who was also in the daughter.

The jap shaman was ultimately interrupted by the death hex of the city shaman (which was also interrupted by the police guy, therefore not killing the jap shaman).

Notice how the jap shaman the next day went immediately to the car and was afraid by the dead body missing. His exorcism failed.

>He doesn’t know about Unit 731

Ok reddit.

Movie's not saying Japan Man Bad. As they say "if you believe in God then God exists," the same applies to the devil. The Japanese man was an ordinary monk. Koreans were distrustful of the Japanese and automatically suspected him of raping a girl. Plus Korea is shifting away from Buddhism towards Christianity, and as in the Bible, all other religions are heretics. By believing he was the devil, he became the devil.

This is the one where the guy is a detective and his kid gets possessed?

It is about the Japanese being awful people and torturing Koreans

Yes