W/hat went wrong?

\W/hat went wrong?

Attached: 1642463262331.jpg (1418x2100, 322.52K)

Women in lead roles

I find Dolaerys insufferable but Maeve is based

needless twists that don't add up.
still entertaining though

and nigras

Big Brain Maeve

Is it coming back

Everything after se1.

it's a better show when you can binge it

They tried to make me think that robots are people and I failed to give a fuck about the plight of artificial beings or the retards who built them as if their creations wouldn't eventually turn on them.

Seriously, one of the main plotlines of the first season involves the niggerbot having fake memories about a daughter that never existed and they played that shit like it was supposed to make me feel for her plight or some shit. Bitch, she's a lump of silicon and plastic with a removable fleshlight between her legs. Fuck her and her pretend daughter.

Too convoluted and serious for its own good. The 70's shit was better

but that tragedy made them conscious, user
CONSCIOUS!

Will we see futureworld?

The unraveling of the mystery in the first one became too much. The expansion into other worlds was interesting but again became to complicated. The women becoming all powerful instead of there being some vulnerability and flaws really sealed the deal. Another wasted HBO product since being taken over by feminists.

Brother, if my toaster suddenly started telling me about it's day I'd take a sledge hammer to it and move to the fucking woods. Making artificial people with complex brains is fucking dumb.

They didn't have any new ideas about robots. AI having human-like feelings is done to the death.
It's really shocking that people behind Person of Interest didn't have anything to say.

They had one good idea, actually, about how one can create people as a form of art. It died with Ford.

cassell had the big brain move with the switch
just pull the plug when you're done with it and you'll be fine
talking toaster might bring in some cash if you played it right

>Big Brain Maeve
Post your memes if you still have them.

Attached: 5669783_0.jpg (1200x630, 66.62K)

holy fucking based

Practically everything. I have never watched anything else so meandering and ultimately pointless. It felt as if it couldn't decide what it wanted to say, and that is the kiss of death in a sci-fi story.

i just watched it for the hopkins kino, to be honest

I have no memes, only a memorized comment I thought was funny:

>Dial up my smartness to eleven.
>OK ...
>... Why don't I feel any smarter?
>Oh, sorry, we don't design our amusment park hookerbots with the potential for transcendent, world-breaking superintelligence, but look on the bright side - you're officially the smartest whore on the planet.

Me too. In my opinion, the kino peaked in the very first episode where his speech quite heavily implies that Ford thinks humanity has plateued and actually needs AI to take us further.

Second season gave me aneurism.

>The park is actually test polygon for mind copying
Oh, so you observe people in artificial environment to see how they respond to stimuli you control to learn more about them?
>No, we put magnets in their hats. Also we think humans are complex but they are actually very simply.
I guess if you feel particularly reductionist you can describe human behaviour in just a few parameters, but there's a lot of learned complex...
>Look at this note sheet! It symbolized.
What does it symbolize?
>It just does, OK?

never said he was sound of mind

Shit was fucking infuriating.

This, breaking bad, and dexter posting was peak Yea Forums. I actually do feel bad that I dont have any saved content

Greed.
It should've been one season.

>Greed
that's "jews" for you

My problem with Maeve is that i like the character but not the deus ex machina powers they gave her to escape every difficult situation. Why bother on making her a resourceful character and then undermine that with "lol i can hack on everything".

Season 2 and 3 were absolutely terrible. They really didn`t think through how to turn that moment of self awareness into a proper revolution and honestly some of the characters that were relevant on season 1 had no arcs (or had very bad ones) going forward. The most obvious truth would be that this show should have been a limited series that ended with season 1. Maybe had an additional episode or two to jump forward into the future and tie things up like, and i know what you are going to say but bear with me, Dollhouse. Say what you will about that show but they did manage to tie things up acceptably. Wouldn`t a similar thing have worked for Westworld? But it didn`t happen and here we are. As it stands it`s pretty bad but if they pull off a great final season (doubtful) they may yet avoid GOT`s fate.

Season 1 was dope, season 2 was made unnecessarily complicated by non-chronological storytelling that didn't actually add anything of value, season 3 decided to become an action series

It kept trying to up the stakes when it was unnecessary. Following along with the few individuals stories each season would have been enough, but they tried sticking to them all and making the fembots into mega badasses which made the show fall apart.

First season tried to explore the nature of consciousness and did a pretty good job at it, especially for a show designed for modern dum-dums. It was clear that the creators spend a lot of time crafting the story, and the show was very polished in all aspects.
Second season was hastily put together circus where the showrunners basically recycled everything from the first season. Very poorly, I might add.
I've no clue what the fuck season three is even supposed to be. Unofficial Terminator sequel? Shittiest season of Black Mirror? You decide.

but she was finding a new voice, user!

Well that's why I hated how the show progressed. I don't necessarily disagree with Ford's opinion, but the show did a really fantastic job of never doing any meaningful examination of the differences between human and android, at least insofar as contrasting the two and highlighting what makes each special in different ways. Dismissing human personality and consciousness as "simple algorithms" is just infuriatingly reductionist. I'd argue that "I, Robot" did a better job of showing the differences and similarities between humans and machines.

>Women in lead roles
no, they cast a woman. What they got was a 4th wave feminist asexual SA victim.

i hated the humans evil, robots just innocent little snowflakes plotline
but i have seen worse and i want to see how it'll play out
and there were some kino performances to be seen ,despite the lukewarm writing so that evened it out a lot

They took a perfect Crichton cautionary tale and turned it into a standard LOST/GOT clone.

>mfw I don’t have a sledgehammer beside the toaster, just in case.

how they managed to go from 10/10 to 0/10 in one season is just magical

just pull the plug, dummy
what is a toaster going to do without power?
if it still talks after that, you needto go see a doctor

Something about the later seasons that never failed to piss me off was how plot-convenient android strength and resilience was. In one scene, you see one get blown up, burnt to a crisp, then just get up and walk home. In another, you see one swiss-cheesed by gunfire and basically shrug it off. Then you see one completely disabled by being run through with a katana. How the fuck are you supposed to feel like there are any real stakes when the writing's that contrived?

It's easy to seem like a good show when nothing happens but it looks like it's about to.

>i hated the humans evil, robots just innocent little snowflakes plotline
Oh God, me too.

Should've ended with Season 1.

It's way more interesting to leave on a note where the robot uprising is just about to start than to show how lame it actually was.

The Lost strategy.

though the writer being a bot got me good lel

>doesn't have a wireless toaster

Go back to Myspace, Yea Forums isn't for filthy poor people.

things happening just for the sake of happening is cringe
i enjoy it when nothing happens
and i get to ponder the moral dilemma of is it really ok to rape and kill these probably sentient robots

checked
i don't have a toaster at all
imagine taking the risk that it begins to speak to you
>absolutely plebeian

Kek. I feel you, I was constantly having the thought of "who the fuck cares, it's just a machine" in my mind while watching it.

Everything past the first season

I watched the entire show and i have no idea what you're talking about, season 2 and 3 were so shit i forgot almost everything about it.

I find Maeve insufferable but Dolaerys is based

I hated Maeve and was mostly ambivalent about Dolaerys, but I fucking despised her nonsensical simps. It. Is. A. Fucking. Robot. Even if it fucks you, it's love is programmable and it's womb is plastic.

The shrink ray subplot never went anywhere.

I stopped watching when they dropped the shrinking ray plot line, I'm so mad they just never explained it

It's obvious they had no idea what to do halfway through season 1, and definitely by season 2. Dolores became the most important thing, everything turned weirdly pseudoreligious, and they dialed the ruminative dialog up to 11.
The writing reminded me a lot of LOST only in slow motion, and I could just see the writers' room when they would pick an inconsequential detail from an earlier storyline and pretend it's an important thread leading down a rabbit hole.

this

>shrink ray
seems i missed that entirely
that'll teach me to do ketamine and watch shows

>willing to microwave pop tarts and eggos to avoid a toaster uprising.
I admire your caution, but how else do you get those crispy edges without a wireless, potentially sentient toaster?

Ketamine + nature documentaries on mute + music is god tier

Killed off Anthony Hopkins too early and didn't know where to take the story

Attached: Westworld Shrink Ray (2).jpg (1280x716, 136.04K)

>watching lions fuck to Korpiklaani when the ketamine kicks in.

I still can’t believe that it’s actually getting a 4th season, they should cancel it as soon as possible so they don’t further embarrass themselves.