The Batman's Third Act

Fixed?

Attached: 1651076512360.jpg (959x2406, 358.82K)

bump

No because then they'res no scene where we see batman change his philosophy after being confronted with the fact he inspired killers.

>Zero character arc
>Cheap cliffhanger
>No interrogation scene

you need to stop watching anime. Is melting your brains out.

>Yea Forums poster exposes the fact he doesn't actually watch films and wants his films to just be anime
trash board

Better than that terrible third act.

where did the anime touch you, user?

Attached: 1649612503869.jpg (828x630, 320.9K)

I like it.
But put a big challenge for Batman before that, then Batman fails it and Riddler wins, but they do catch Riddler right after

>>No interrogation scene
How is this a bad thing? That scene was terrible, at least for me.
>>Zero character arc
Batman has no character arc in this movie beyond realizing he's rich and has to use his white privilege to help others.
This ending instead would leave the audience wondering which one is the true hero of the story: the freak that dresses up as a batman and protects the innocents so bad he scares them, or the serial killer that destroyed corruption alone. There wouldn't be a "Riddler goes full incel" to make the audience know he's evil. Instead it would make the audience think and debate. Maybe even like Watchmen, where people still are debating who was right: Rorschach or Ozymandias.

that's implied

on the one hand I like it but on the other hand it makes the movie shorter, which objectively makes it worse
the longer a movie is the better it is
I'm sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 03v11.jpg (680x581, 37.93K)

>nooooo where's the big capeshit fight at the end boooooorrriiiiing

Attached: MAHVEL BABY.jpg (2048x1365, 753.23K)

this

Not really no, you're right that the third act is by far the weakest of the movie, but cutting it all together doesn't make sense; enigma should have escaped or something to enact his master plan, having it unfold by itself removes all the tension, also the cgi really doesn't accurately portray what would be needed for it to be as destructive as they wanted

just to add to this, having batman fight a handful of goons at the end was an awful climax

This.
The movie should've ended with Bruce realizing how twisted his symbol was becoming and deciding to hang up the cape and help solve Gotham's issues by actually fixing them at their root through philanthropy, instead of waiting for people to turn criminal and beating them up.
It's almost like the 3rd act was completely rewritten deep into production, because earlier in the movie the seeds for this idea were planted when the black woman trying to become Mayor talks to Bruce about doing this and a huge part of the plot was about his father's philanthropy.
But the 3rd act doesn't put enough emphasis on that element of Bruce's character conclusion, instead he's like "Today I realized that I was doing Batman the wrong way...I guess I have to do Batman HARDER".
Would've been way better to have him hang it up.
You could also have this ending show Harvey Dent appear as an upcoming District Attorney Bruce will start to work with to repair Gotham.
Plus that way when the sequel comes out you can have him come back out of retirement as Batman and have a badass scene like Batman's Return in TDKR where he returns to handle a new supervillain and everybody's like "holy shit he's back?!"

In this version there's no catharsis, no resolution.

Read watchmen again thinking about the scructure of the story.

The guy in the front left is too large. He should not be allowed into the theater, or at least be forced to buy three seats.

>In this version there's no catharsis, no resolution.

Attached: intro-1628519839.jpg (780x438, 40.96K)

dumb fuck. He didn't resolve to do Batman harder he resolved to Bruce Wayne harder. the entire movie was about how unbalanced his life was and how he needed to use his Wayne persona as a different avenue to fight crime. There are several scenes that show how the city responds to him depending on the mask he is wearing. He knocks on the Iceberg Lounge door as Batman, he has to fight his way in. He knocks as Bruce Wayne and is allowed in no problem. The cop that calls him a freak at the Mayor crime scene wants to get buddy buddy with Bruce Wayne during the funeral. The mayoral candidate dislikes Batman, she wants to get Bruce to do more philanthropy. Alfred has to drag Bruce into a meeting because he's totally consumed with being Batman. The entire movie was about Batman finding balance and also being pretty bad at his job

The only major issue with the third act is that the Riddler flooding the city and killing tons of civilians felt completely out of character, throughout the movie he's shown always punching up and towards corruption so him killing innocent bystanders makes no sense.

You could perhaps make the argument that he started out with noble intentions just like Batman but had been radicalized, but if this is the case the movie did a poor job showing it.

Attached: 132321321.jpg (500x517, 44.9K)

That’s because they probably added the third act because until it Riddler was 100% in the right and did more for the city in the span of a few weeks than batman will ever do.

>Cutting out the most kino scene in the film

Baka dumbass.

Attached: The-Batman-Fan-Poster-Bat-Symbol.jpg (480x300, 16.16K)

KINO!!!!!!!!!!!

>Fixed?
No, but removing it entirely would be an improvement on the 3rd act, yes.

>The only major issue with the third act is that the Riddler flooding the city and killing tons of civilians felt completely out of character, throughout the movie he's shown always punching up and towards corruption so him killing innocent bystanders makes no sense.

He didn't give a shit about corruption. He killed the corrupt because they had personally wronged him. He flooded the city because it had indirectly wronged him. He was a psychopath seeking attention and gratification.

Yes, the line "I am Vengance" and cutting to Batman's face is enough to inform you that he was inspired by Batman and that Batman heard it and knows.

Based ending.
Riddler achieved everything and it ends on a semi ambiguous note, like a movie

Batman is basically George Lucas at the end of this movie. He's really a spectacular fuck up. He gets Catwoman's dyke friend killed, doesn't thwart a single murder. let's a bomb blow up in his fucking face, is lead around about the nose by the Riddler. All he really succeeds in doing is beating up low level thugs and knocking Gordon's bitch ass out. Car chase was cool though.

Attached: may-have-gone-too-far.gif (640x360, 1.58M)

>Car chase was cool though.
felt liked it was ripping of Redline a bit honestly.

if you're gonna steal, steal from the best.

>He killed the corrupt because they had personally wronged him
Didn't seem like it to me

the entire wayne foundation was a scam run by the city government to basically launder money to falcone. it was supposed to be money going to orphans and shit but everyone either participated or looked the other way. His shitty childhood was entirely due to Falone and his cronies basically stealing his lunch money

Maybe the real third act was the friends we made along the way

The fix would have been Batman actually fighting Riddler instead of a nameless henchman.

rifles are good

>Batman in the light
>his followers in the dark
>this was the last time they met as friends
POTTERY

It bothered that the police worked with Batman like he is not a vigilante breaking the law

Pretty sure every cop knows be they corrupt or clean that the GCPD is rotten to the core and they need all the help they can get.

This makes too much sense ot be accidental.

>there is the same character arc but shorter
>the interrogation scene was pointless

It would be implied Batman would change his philosophy after hearing "I'm vengeance" from Riddler. Just like he did when the riddler thug said it. We didn't need Batman talking directly to the audience to explain his philosophy growth. That was so poorly done.

Attached: 1650306998680.jpg (443x445, 47.64K)

>none of the civilians have their cell phones to light things up
>in a universe with established social media presence from instagram live and Yea Forums showing the movie is clearly set in the current world
Stupid fucking retard

That makes no sense. He should have just flooded the city in the beginning if he just hates everyone.

They were shooting at him just a while ago after he punched Gordon. This movie is retarded no consistency at all.

sure but then the movie wouldn't happen

I actually thought the movie would end there while watching it, it felt like an ending... little did I know there was still an hour left.

He is a narcisist who craved Btaman's attention. He wanted to put on a show before doing his plan, the breakdown he has in the interrogation scene when Batman doesn't agree with him shows he is not just looking for a high kill streak, but for validation.

If that's what logic leads to, then your movie shouldn't have happened/they should have wrote a better movie.

Which destroyed his character going from an interesting villain with morally justifiable motivations to just another le evil villain capeshiter. The interesting thing about the movie was the serial killer being right. When this was going on the movie was at its best.

Ending the movie like that is too smart for Reeves to ever come up with, he needed the whole retarded 3rd act and the narration at the end to explain why Batman failed as a symbol

They should have combined the capturing of him with the fighting of his followers since they need some type of action climax. Cut the flood shit entirely. And added a scene before the end where maybe batman gets caught in a trap so he and riddler can have the discussion they have at arkham

That would be horrible

Better than the movie we got

He can be right and a schizo at the same time.
Not defending the ending, but the character was done right, they just needed to fix that retarded flood plan with something decent.

You sound like a fucking idiot, mang.

That’s because it’s just a movie for fucking idiots lol. This is my biggest gripe: if we are going to have detective Batman facing the riddler I need a way smarter script than what we got

the entire flood was done for the sake of the visual of cutting the umbilics from the "womb" of the city leading to his rebirth as a more well rounded mentally deranged vigilante

sure but it was also a Katrina reference so the black folks could relate

>The shadow has the form of a bat
K-KINO!!

This would have been a lot better and closer to comic book stories in general.