Good movie, but god damn, such a waste of potential too. Tacked on brainless third act...

Good movie, but god damn, such a waste of potential too. Tacked on brainless third act, general feeling of "meh" at the twists/reveals after the wasted great build up, boring Bruce Wayne. They were so close to getting it perfectly right.

Attached: The.Batman.2022.jpg (1920x804, 110.79K)

I eye-rolled at the “he’s my father” reveal.

It seems pointlessly long, at least the Snyder Cut had the excuse of being a reflection of Zack's petulant ego.

But really, whoever got credit for Editing on The Batman deserves a Razzie.

That shot was incredible, though. I think they did a really good job at portraying Batman as a detective and at showing why a criminal would be terrified of him.
And it's even more impressive because they balanced it with a good portrayal of him being a rookie learning his ropes too.

It's because the shitty Catwoman plot is stretching the movie for no reason. You could remove her from the movie and nothing would be lost, it would be even the same movie but better.

The thumbnail looks like a massive lightning strike

There was the conceit that it MIGHT attract a female audience/date crowd and not just be another Morbius or something.
And their garbage Riddler needed all the help he could get. Not that she gave much.

It was beyond retarded that the police allowed Batman to just walk to a crime scene. You could say the Gotham was so corrupted that even the good cops were so cynical but then they put the incel into Arkham with no evidence. Anything they got on him was invalidated by Batman being on the crime scene and tampering with evidence as it was being gathered by the forensic team in protective clothing.

Really, given the incredible ticket price inflation (and The Batman had THE most expensive tickets in history at massive chain AMC), I feel pretty confident in saying that this movie didn't even sell Man of Steel seats.
Which is shamefur for Batman.

not really, it's the third act that is really useless and she's barely in it

Is it dumber than the ENTIRE force chasing a terrorism report into the sewers armed with nothing but service revolvers? Because that's a thing that happened in a Batman movie.

>. I think they did a really good job at portraying Batman as a detective and at showing why a criminal would be terrified of him.
I disagree. I found this Batman to be a terrible detective, failling at basic skills. Like exploring where the photos from Riddler were taken from (which would've solved the whole movie), or playing around Riddler to get more info, or discovering the renewal and his family's past for himself. All of it is spelled out for him with Riddler, Selina, and Gordon (which only purpose in the movie, besides some kino moment at the second act) is explain the plot to the audience.

Last, no one should be afraid of this Batman. At best at the beginning he beats people up. But his movements are slow, barely managing to "beat" anyone like the first time. He gets shot, beaten, both my many thugs and by Riddler followers. You could say he's on his Year Two, which is fine, I get it, but this movie was sold as not only Batman BEING a detective, but also the whole opening sells you a premise that is not true. No one fears Batman in this movie. At best some thugs, but everyone else mocks him and laughs at him. Reeves said in an interview he wanted him to be a "ghost" but dude just looks so ridiculous in that suit it's insane. That's a common problem with "realistic" superhero stories. Superheroes look silly when they're brought to "our world", and according to Reeves he never was trying to potray Batman as anything but "creepy", which failed imo.

I feel that if Morgan Freeman's weary detective from Se7en showed up, he'd crack the whole thing in less than an hour movie, and Batman could just defuse explosives or some shit. He's good at taking explosions.

What was her story even supposed to be? I hate my dad for ignoring me I deserve his money I will shoot him ok Batman you saved me from killing my dad oh wow the incel planned to get my dad under the lamp. What a waste of time. Just remove her and do everything as it was, it would be a better movie.

Also, another problem: The lack of violence makes this movie look like a censored version of Se7en. Batman is hunting down a crazy serial killer and all the horrible stuff he does is just mentioned or implied. I think they're trying to do something like The Exorcist 3, but the problem is that all comic book movies do this. All violence is just mentioned. And this movie clearly wants to be different from those movies. But there's not much that separates them. Outside the beautiful cinematography, The Batman could be a MCU movie. It has it all: unnecesary plot lines that only exist to set up future works and a cinematic universe, censored violence, lack of any kind of swearing (They repeat "jesus" everytime). Only thing that isn't there is the humor, but this movie just feels like an attempt at starting a whole universe, like every other single comic book movie in the last years (besides some like Joker and Logan), instead of telling a story of it's own.

the movie gives the excuse that batman is still learning if that the case then this shit makes no sense hes been trained by ninjas he build a shit load of gadgets but he cant fucking defuse a bomb ?

The way to accomplish what Reeves wanted would have been to make the entire movie from Gordon's perspective, with Batman being a frightening/intimidating mystery figure who appears at crime scenes and helps Gordon out of some bad spots.
Not being Adam Smith screaming NOT MY DAD! and writing in his HS journal.

You're joking right?

>Reeves said in an interview he wanted him to be a "ghost" but dude just looks so ridiculous in that suit it's insane.
I agree with you on everything else except this. This is the first time I felt I was looking at Batman. With Bale I didn't see Batman but Bale in suit, with Kilmer or Keaton I saw actors in suits, but with this Batman, no matter how bad the movie is, I saw no Pattinson, I saw Batman.

*Robert Smith, sorry.

You sound like you're fifteen.

He always looked like normal Pattinson. Bale actually made himself look like a Chad billionaire.

It's nothing like an MCU movie, what the fuck are you on about?
This is like Barry Lyndon compared to MCU.

not what I said but good job? Faggot.

It's not even really as good as Moon Knight, I am sorry to say.

What rate do you give to the soundtracks of this new batman movie ?

You don’t watch many movies, do you?

Bland as it gets.

Correct take

Unremarkable/10
It is certainly one of the movies that has one.

Batman's detective work in this movie:
>Solves riddles accurately and fast (Yes, I know this sounds silly, but welcome to every single Batman story with The Riddler in it)
>Cipher solving
>Photo recognition, immediately realizes Catwoman is likely to be with the woman from the photo
>Good tailing and spying
>Good recon through Catwoman (His plan)
This is more detective work than the average Batman story, and more detective work than any other Batman movie.

Good establishing scenes of Batman being threatening:
>The entire Batman intro after Riddler's first kill, every second of it
>Chase against Penguin, particularly the last drive through fire into crash into walking at him
>Lights out shootout at the elevator
Less than the average Batman story, sure, but no other Batman movie pulls it off better than this either. Only counter-argument I could see are the Snyder massacres, but that shouldn't count. It's not Batman at that point, and it's all shot like a Yakuza cutscene anyways.

So, yeah, I stand by my words.

Batman is supposed to be Batman, not chad billionaire. Chad billionaire is his alter ego, he is putting a chad billionaire suit on, his real self is Batman. Pattinson is playing Batman year two in this movie which is perfectly fitting for him to be just Batman with no Bruce Wayne. I think he is a great actor.

Not that user but all the critics sound 13.
>his muscles aren't big enough
>if i was there i would've solved everything in like a second
>i dont want girls in my movie
>these characters don't act like cocky HS seniors
>why didn't they just get search warrants for everyone in a five mile radius
>BAD RIGHTING
>i have no taste but my ego must consume
It's OK to critique a movie. It's OK to be in love w/ the boring jerry bruckheimer version of batman.
it's not OK to be a retarded faggot

holy shit, your opinions are terrible

Why the fuck would he wait til his mid-30's?
It's baffling like Clark being an aimless drifter til he turned 33. And no, Pattison doesn't sell 20-ish in any way whatsoever.

This is true
Batman is supposed to be a detective and did no detective shit
A beat cop could have solved it quicker
I want sexy girls in my movie
Yes they do, that's the issue.
Strawman
>BAD RIGHTING
Correct
Projection

Oscar Isaac acts circles around Pattison, you can have your own opinions tho.

He is fine.
Literally just ask yourself "from where was this photo taken?" and you solve the entire movie.
I don't want pointless characters in my movie.
Uhh wat?
Why didn't they just figure out where from were the photos taken?
>BAD RIGHTING
Yes, wasted potential.
Sounds like a you problem.

>He gets shot, beaten, both my many thugs and by Riddler followers
Yeah, and none of it affects him until the very end of the movie when he gets shotgunned point blank lol
In the scenes where he's with a bunch of criminals watching him and gets hit/shot, they purposefully shoot the scenes like you're watching Terminator or Michael Meyers or some shit. It's great.

Felt like the last act was trying too hard to be Nolan-esque.

The scene where he uses the flysuit is great up until he eats shit on the pavement. That kind of collision would turn his brain into a paste no matter how great his suit is.

He does seem sorta selectively kryptonian in this movie, no lie.

Clark Kent is another role that only Christopher Reeve acted out properly. Cavill was never Clark Kent. He was just Cavill poorly acting to be Clark Kent. Ben Affleck had the same problem with Batman. Bale too. Only Pattinson captured it.

That scene is great for a different reason. That's one of the scenes of the movie where they show Batman's weakness and his rookieness comes through. When he gets to the ledge, he shits himself, then he has no choice but to jump and fly and he's clearly having a real hard time with it, and then just as he seems as he figured it out and managed to find a good spot to land after a bunch of turns at 100 miles per hour, he pulls the parachute a third of a second too early and eats shit for it. That's what I mean with them being able to balance the detective work, him being threatening AND him being a rookie still learning the ropes. That scene was an example of the later.

I mean, yeah, you would die or at the very least be hospitalized and unable to walk if that happened to you, but comic book movies, even the more realistic ones, can't be literally 100% realistic. There has to be some push and pull. I thought it was great. Muh bat reinforced armor lol

>>Solves riddles accurately and fast (Yes, I know this sounds silly, but welcome to every single Batman story with The Riddler in it)
Serves no purpose to the story
>>Cipher solving
Nothing an average detective and agent couldn't do
>>Photo recognition, immediately realizes Catwoman is likely to be with the woman from the photo
Yes, because he has an eye-scanner that tells him that
>>Good recon through Catwoman (His plan)
And fails at that too
>This is more detective work than the average Batman story
It isn't. Even modern average works like Court of Owls have Batman slowly piecing things together. Doing some average "investigation" and finding clues that at the end serve no purpose to the plot is the average Marvel movie. Like in Winter Soldier where Rogers gets told everything by Zola.
>>The entire Batman intro after Riddler's first kill, every second of it
My original point is that that one scene is all it has.
>>Chase against Penguin, particularly the last drive through fire into crash into walking at him
Every tension this scene had gets ruined the next scene where Batman has Penguin explain the riddle for him. The scene also fails because both Penguin and Batman did all that chase and Batman gained absolutely nothing out of it. He probably killed 20 or 30 people in that explosion alone, and all of that to ask Penguin something he could've figured out on his own if he wasn't so fucking retarded. Penguin has no purpose in this movie beyond that scene and being the owner of the Iceberg Lounge. It's fucking terrible.
>>Lights out shootout at the elevator
Great scene. One problem, though. Batman is not fucking Iron Man. The moment they shoot at him he barely gets taken back, with a fucking machine gun. But next scene with the Riddlers he's shot again and almost dies. It makes no sense. That's why Batman shouldn't wear big armors. He's a ninja that is supposed to hide in the night.

Cavill just did Clark as dewey-eyed and soulfully confused, his Superman was just stoically dull.
It's amazing that he's held in high regard just based on his gym steroids and nerd hobbies.

>garbage Riddler
confirmed no taste

>>these characters don't act like cocky HS seniors
>Yes they do, that's the issue.

>>these characters don't act like cocky HS seniors
>Uhh wat?

I assume you mean they're emo or something. Or the stupid woman says something stupid.
Everyone in the Nolan trilogy was unbearably smug and totally boring. That actually worked in the movies favor as the villains were the only good part.
Their morality betrays serious immaturity and lack of worldliness..
>i make weapons that destroy people's water supply but i won't spy on people
The whole nolanverse is so forced and trite it's laughable and annoying and exactly something a bodytemp youth would find poignant and 'realistic'

It was a great scene until the end which was just MCU fanfic bullshit. They should've shot the ending of the scene in a different way. He opens up the parachute and it slows him down but he still eats shit. He was way way too fast, he would die on the spot. It was even more unrealistic than Catwoman's fighting scenes and those were total bullshit.

Sorry I like Riddler as a scheming criminal mastermind, not a wounded babby serial killer out to inflict Social Justice. You do you though.

*bodytemp IQ

Also, as this is the 4th Batman villain motivated by Social Justice (not even counting the Joker solo film), can we give that a fucking rest now?

>Serves no purpose to the story
>Doing some average "investigation" and finding clues that at the end serve no purpose to the plot
Dishonest posting of your part.
>Nothing an average detective and agent couldn't do
Ok, so he is a detective
>Yes, because he has an eye-scanner that tells him that
He did it through her shoes
>And fails at that too
How the fuck did he fail?

>Every tension this scene had gets ruined the next scene where Batman has Penguin explain the riddle for him
No, this is again your dishonest "Muh point of the plot" posting you did earlier. Even if the talk with the Penguin leading to a dead end that lead him to the website (Detective stories often have dead ends leading to places that actually matter, by the way), even if it was a "pointless" scene in terms of plot progression, it was still a good way of showing exactly why Batman is a crazy threatening motherfucker. Which is what I was arguing about and you tried denying.
>The moment they shoot at him he barely gets taken back
They missed a lot of it because Batman moves fast. Batman armor has been a thing since forever. Him actually feeling the shot was when he got shotgunned point blank.

>I will kill falcone but I want you to bring him under the lamp because I just want okay?
>fuck the rich and the politicians for ignoring poor people I know what poor people have to endure in gotham because I am one of them so I will blow up and flood the poor people I just will okay?
>I have all the information on everyone in the city I am better informed than falcone because I just am okay?

Dude, Batman failed at everything in this movie. Lost in almost every possible way, but ended becoming a better person, which could be a fine plot arc, but it happens 5 minutes before the movie ends. The movie doesn't even have him donating money to charity like they seemed to want. And it makes no sense at all because a vigilante can be "nicer" to criminals. Batman is still going to beat people to pulp and inspire criminals. His only way to fix that is giving up the mantle and fixing the city as Bruce, but no one wants to watch Bruce Wayne the movie, they want to watch Batman: The movie, and they need to set a whole universe.

Look at Bale instead, what he did. Once he realized vigilantism wasn't going to work he gave up everything and went full millionaire trying to make the city a better place, and he did. And only when Bane came around he knew he had to fight him because Bane was unstoppable in every possible way.

Great, we've reached the stage where two turbo autists are just going to post larger and larger walls of text at one another.

Attached: Abe.jpg (244x280, 12.24K)

>Ok, so he is a detective
A terrible detective that can do that but can't do what the average detective ALWAYS does: check up the place the photos from the murder or related to the case were taken for clues.
>Dishonest posting of your part.
The "riddles" are literally filler for the plot. None of them have consequences or make Batman do anything. All of it gets spelled out to him. Even when they go to the old Orphanage Riddler spelled out he was going to kill Bruce Wayne, instead of using a Riddle for that.

>he gave up everything and went full millionaire trying to make the city a better place
He literally stewed in his attic for 8 years while his corporate empire started to fall apart, because his forever girl died.
That's what happened in the movie, I can't speak for your headcanon.

>i'm a fat neet who jerks off to trannies all day while telling them to kill themselves on Yea Forums but I can solve crimes and shit because

As you are not quoting anyone I assume the greentext was accidental.

Attached: 1379520578766.png (405x405, 153.35K)

Pay attention to the movie, stupid zoomer. His charities and fundations are mentioned many times. He then went bankrupt for trying to give the city free energy with nuclear power and got taken out his company for that. Bale's Bruce did more for Gotham in his attic than Battinson as Batman

Except he was a "scheming criminal mastermind" in this? /pol/ brainrot at work.

Your fixation on one specific plot hole doesn't negate the rest of the movie, retard. Shame you weren't the first to think of being a pedantic blowhard or you could have done videos about this kind of garbage before CinemaSins did and stole all your would-be revenue.

fixed

Attached: 1651076512360.jpg (959x2406, 358.82K)

The city has as LOT of problems, none of them related to Free Energy, which he did not provide, as you claim.

>on one specific plot hole
Retard, if he looked up where the photos were taken from the whole movie wouldn't happen. For some reason not even Gordon thought of that. Riddler didn't even move from his apartment, you can see him at one scene taking the photos from there.

Murdering a lot of people you are pissed at is not a criminal "scheme" it's Dateline-esque murdering, even if you shamelessly rip off the Zodiac while doing it.

>Bro... I can think of more than one specific plot hole to justify my reasoning. Anyways, let me bring up that plot hole again.
*Ding*

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 161.68K)

>The city has as LOT of problems,
Yes, and all of them end up being part of the story, and a reason why Bruce comes back when he sees Bane is taking advantage of that.
>none of them related to Free Energy,
Of course it is related to free energy, retard. Energy for a city is one of the most important things for it's society. Energy is used for everything, and it's cost is always one of the main problems poor people have. If energy is free then most of the resources would not only be cheaper but even easier to make.

>can't even refute that said plot hole
>deflecting so hard because he got btfo
You are the one that brought that the plothole didn't ruin the movie when it does, fucking idiot.

This shit third act definitely reminds me of the shit third act (the action parts) in TDK. Both forced as hell.

Gotham's only Bane-related issues are that the cops are retard enough to get themselves ALL trapped in the sewer, and that Bane has a nuclear device (thanks Bruce) to durka-durka jihad the whole city with.

MUCH better

Faggots

>when it does
Eeeeerm, in Batman Begins, the poison has different effects on different people. Why didn't Bruce Wayne go crazy like Falcone did? If he did, the movie would have been over. There, this ruins the entire Nolan Batman trilogy, if we're playing by pedant blowhard rules.

You only wish, cockmongler!

>No one fears Batman in this movie.
We are shown multiple times that thugs and gang members fear him. Even the asian guy he saves at the beginning fears him.

>free energy
There is no such thing. It's like "free healthcare." Once it is "free" everyone will use it for everything and eventually there won't be enough.

When he confronts the gang attacking the Asian, they seem neither intimidated nor even impressed by him until he Kung Fu beats them all down.
The half painted black ganger was acting scared at the very idea of even beating up the Asian.

Also, the club doormen tell him to go fuck himself, and the cops crack jokes about him.
No one at all seems particularly intimidated by him.

>Why didn't Bruce Wayne go crazy like Falcone did?
Because he was trained to support a version similar to that before, remember? In the Temple's trainning. Crane's toxin was far more powerful than that, which is why Bruce didn't go that crazy.

The entire nolan trilogy is already ruined. It just doesn't seem like it because Murphy, Wilkinson and especially Ledger are awesome.

This was bullshit. One of the only flaws. Selina Kyle being a dumb, twitter cunt is understandable. And the negress mayor was tolerable as absurd a concept it is

> Tacked on brainless third act

almost like covid happened or something

They only had 10% filmed when covid hit you retard

Christ, DCkeks are going to blame Covid for a full decade, aren't they?

face it, marveljeet, the batman blew you the fuck out.

This.

Attached: 1649990710917.jpg (480x640, 131.89K)