/film/

Thread for the discussion of arthouse films and classic cinema.

if you haven't seen this, you can't post here edition

>/film/ literature
mega.nz/folder/OVIDlQTJ#7L4e8TGqNnbJEFqQzaf8lw
>/film/ charts
mega.nz/folder/DtpiBSjT#PFN4YVpwqQRDL7r2_ZKXUw
>/film/ directors directory
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qgdYsMPAaFWrAa_7EHLpXqpOHLaDLmytM9wJ5nhGtqs/edit?usp=sharing
>but user, how do I make webms with MPV?
github.com/ekisu/mpv-webm

Previous:

Attached: L_Ange.jpg (1200x675, 113.86K)

does anyone wanna watch a movie with me

this felt like a fever dream and barely made any sense, but I can't say I hated it.
Also, binging Altman taught me how much of a sham film criticism really is. It seems that one or two alpha critics said that Altman was a misanthrope fuck who hates his own characters and people in general and everyone decided to parrot that opinion for the next decades. "Is this character the butt of a joke in that scene? It must be because Altman hates him. Is something unpleasant happening to this character? Altman is such a sadistic prick!" He was a cynical fuck, but more often than not, I feel that he actually cared for his characters

Attached: MV5BMTYyODQ4ODM3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjMwOTc2NA@@._V1_[1].jpg (674x1023, 211.39K)

no

No. Not unless you are a hot Med chick with wet pussy and big boobs and/ or you are someone who knows one or at the very least is not entirely repulsive or embarrassing to one.

Can you feel it high/bro/ws? Distilled kino around the corner. The prodigal master returns..
Such a good time to live in, such a blessed time.

Attached: master.jpg (1796x2245, 1.07M)

will this feature a dark acoustic cover of Barbie Girl by Aqua during the emotional lowest point of the movie?

ok
just an average “pass me on the street and you wouldn’t notice” guy. not even 20 yet.

Attached: 05C723D1-B529-4877-A2D2-1FC808DB7413.jpg (590x332, 27.15K)

This film couldn't be any worse, literally bottom of the barrel with it mostly being a promotion about how much better Altman thinks Africans are than white men with a decent amount of the runtime dedicated to a massively boring performance by King Sunny Adé and our two white male boy leads introducing themselves to the audience by telling us how much they like president Omar Bongo because his name is funny.

I hate you, Nagisa Oshima. I hate your self aggrandizing political speeches worthy of a 17 year old edgy girl on discord who read bataille once. I hate how you hide your silly ideas under more hackstraordinary formal bullshit, the type of tricks that 21st century godard shames his 60s self for doing. I hate your appeal to horny art school dropouts. Take a shower, hit the weights, get a clue.

Previous:

Well I hate you too, punk. Come to Japan and lets see if you you say that shit to my face

Japanese New Wave in general was a mistake. I don't give a shit about 60s student protests and if you really want to talk about them, at least take a clear stance instead of just sitting comfortably on the fence and feeling smug about it. ATG was shit, too. There are good movies made or distributed by ATG, but those are good despite ATG's boring cliches and not because of them.

that's a proper KWAB right there

>a subversive feminist masterpiece
letterboxd trannies will love it. actual humans will hate it

He's dead mate.

mpv shills...

Attached: vlc.jpg (1920x1080, 1.63M)

..you were not wrong.

Attached: mpv.jpg (1920x1080, 1.98M)

Exactly man. I dearly hope that one day, someone will convince filmmakers to ditch the obsession with may 68 and make them realize that it was one hell of an irrelevant event that's only been blown out of proportion by academics, students, and directors specializing in commie bait alike because it's the only visceral purpose that they could attach themselves to. I am sick and tired of films about le epic shoplifting university students who talk about dialectics and lap up fashion trends like the sponges that they are. At least when someone from the soviet block adresses this stuff it has a degree of authenticity that elevates whatever story they're presenting above meandering features with meandering teenagers. This bullshit is ultimately unhealthy.

What the fuck are you talking about? Most people have forgotten about the 60s already. Only reason it's even relevant in the US is because of Vietnam. Even filmmakers who were alive in that decade have already move on to more recent decades.

>t. has only seen 2 JNW films

seethe

Attached: qt7OPEIbLdOLVupOGVKyFDqxpFr.jpg (500x748, 40.72K)

He might have died 9 years ago, but his spirit lives on in your head, rent free.

When someone told me there were aliens in Memoria I always imagined a little goblin thing that sticks its head out from a corner and stares at Tilda Swinton at the end

I was somewhat disappointed

>0 Replies

Attached: maurice-chevalier-in-the-big-pond-1930--directed-by-hobart-henley-album.jpg (743x900, 100.51K)

Attached: 0oO5sAneb9lJP6l8c6DH4aj6f85qNpplQVHmPmbbBxAukDnlO7DarDW0b-kEIHa8SQ[1].png (512x512, 8.77K)

Well, one day you'll be something, user. A happy normie or an incel shooter. I don't KNOW. But i believe in you.

>*saves cinema in the name of reddit*
when will we get our own director?

Attached: robert-eggers-1525326039-width317-quality60.jpg (317x475, 11.5K)

Attached: projection peekin.jpg (1545x1080, 261.82K)

Any good recent art films?

No. Farthouse is dead.

Got the coof, lads. You know what to do.

Please finish this before you die you old fuck!

Attached: The-Overcoat-Dir.-Yuri-Norstein.jpg (1280x720, 54.05K)

It's not going to happen. There was that documentary about him that made it seem like he had already almost given up.

don't the Safdie's supposedly lurk here?

Malick here, AMA!

Attached: MV5BMTUzNjQzNjYyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTU5MDYyNQ@@._V1_[1].jpg (1354x2048, 1.19M)

It makes me so upset. We could have the last true, animated kino, but the old fuck is too stubborn to finish it

Holy kinoa

Attached: technicolorkino.jpg (800x1200, 130.29K)

Can you post some rooney feet pics?

you gonna die, fool

weak human

get the vax, pay the tax

Drink some mugwort and don't lay down flat when resting but prop yourself up with some pillows, go to the hospital if things get serious, good luck and get well.

>filtered by plot and politics

Now that your life has come to an end, here's a good movie about accepting your mortality.

Attached: KEnmrGEhKGIUoIrMqG2vVjSk0nkr1h_original[1].jpg (1288x1600, 188.36K)

well?

the french are still hammering on and on about it

Yes, but you seem like a retard, so you'll likely be filtered.

Is it worth paying to watch Sans Soleil in 2022? No, you can pirate and use that money on something else. But it's worth it if you want to socialize and maybe meet someone, watch other Marker films so you can pretend to know what you're watching because no one will want to talk to a pleb

What other Chris Makrer films should I watch other than Sans Soleili and La Jetee?

Yeah. They're some real spergs. Figures.

So sad that these threads aren't as regular anymore and are dying out. I lurked here for more than a year in these threads and found some good kinos

Letter from Siberia, AK and If I Had Four Dromedaries and his shorts show what he is as a filmmaker. Others are documentaries that could be too political/specific and I doubt they're even known by most people.

... we need a discord

that would be an even more fatal strike

That's a factor to what caused this

you didn't deserve those kinos, give them back

You WILL watch Werckmeister Harmonies.

Attached: you WILL.png (1600x1200, 1.55M)

But I did like 15 years ago

one day user

already did, bitch ass nigga

It's kino but I have watched it a good few times now. A /film/ essential

Bela Tarr movies are way overlong and they make me feel like absolute shit after watching, being a slav must be absolute suffering

Attached: The.Blue.Note.1991.1080p.BluRay.FLAC.2.0.x264-SaL.mkv_snapshot_01.11.18.562.jpg (1792x1080, 426.12K)