Why do creators try to purposefully spit in the faces of fans? Seems to happen so frequently now

Why do creators try to purposefully spit in the faces of fans? Seems to happen so frequently now.

Attached: 1647520269643.png (601x638, 390.8K)

no passion or respect for their work also early life

College-educated writers and directors with established careers know more about good storytelling, not to mention the importance of representation, than neckbeard losers who're trapped in perpetual childhood.

Stop spamming this fucking image, nobody wants to talk about this dumbshit show

I don't understand. Are people mad that they didn't look at how the power ups work and how kills are scored in the score screen? What part of a video game (beyond the characters and the world -- whether or not that was done well) were you expecting?

halo lore sucks ass and was only popular because the game was a good early shooter.

>representation
I'm native american. Where's my representation?

I saw some corpses

dude throw this dish into the trash, it smells like reddit

Imagine defending current-day Hollywood, but hey, it's all about those (You)s, right?

never watched the gay ass show either, just stating the fact that the plot of the games is retarded too and is only consumed by 12 year autists who want to be in marines when they grow up

Because so many things these days are adaptions, you get these situations where typical Hollywood people are creating stuff based on video games, comics, etc, which are from outside Hollywood and so are looked down on by them. Furthermore like typical Hollywood people, they like to sniff their own farts and look down on common folk anyway.

So it's a double whammy of people creating something of a source material they hate, which had been from a demographic they hate. Too many creators these days are (stuck) making things for fans they revile.

Attached: draperkekss.jpg (413x395, 78.83K)

Halo isn't and will never be the franchise it was from 2001-2010. Kids don't care about Halo, old veterans like me hate where the franchise has gone. The tv show is getting shit on my fans and critics, I javent watched it and have zero interest in watching it. Halo Infinite has lost vast majority of its players, the campaign has no coop and its already forgotten, the game cost like half a billion dollars to develop and its dead. Let this franchise die.

>I never played the games
Ok moron. Halo isn’t COD where the story is just point your gun and shoot shit, you absolute nigger

Beause videogame fans are retards, so nobody should care about their opinions.

How is it defending a show to ask what someone expected when they say "they only looked at the world/characters, not the game"? Like... when you watched the Warcraft movie, did you get mad when Khadgar didn't have a big exclamation mark over his head?

>early shooter
It’s almost as if your zoomer ass didn’t exist yet when Doom and Wolfenstein were around

Genuine fans of things are always fucking losers and fags. Spitting on them is funny because they'll never actually do anything besides piss and moan, while half of them will still inevitably whiteknight for your right to rape their favorite product into the ground. It's hilarious when you think about it.

send them death threats

>Halo isn’t COD where the story is just point your gun and shoot shit
literally is faggot

I too hate that people were born after me

Because you are. Regardless of how retarded something is, which 99% of media is, they should at least do some basic fucking research behind it. But, you only defend it because you think it it makes the "incels" on Yea Forums and Yea Forums mad. Grow up and have some fucking standards.

>So it's a double whammy of people creating something of a source material they hate, which had been from a demographic they hate. Too many creators these days are (stuck) making things for fans they revile.
Then why sign up to do it? Why not make something original that makes them stick out rather than sticking their name to an IP they don't give a shit about?

You're starting to make me think you unironically an incel.

Your confusing whats to hate

the first game came out in 2001 popularized the console fps genre you fucking geriatric

this is unintentionally correct. it used to be that writing for TV/film was a relatively prestigious thing. Now because of AA and WOMEN shit we have all these token folks at every creative level just kneecapping the entire industry almost. Even the absolute GOD tier of modern shows can't escape this crap.

Zoomers didn't grow up with Halo retard. You are older than you think

I'm married, dipshit. Why the fuck does everything boil down to sex with you fuckers and why do you think you can assume so much about someone based on anonymous post on the internet? Why not just debate someone instead of resorting to the tired old tactic of
>haha, incel!
Just argue in good faith for once in your pathetic life.

What other amazing facts do you know from before when you were born?

Attached: racistchief.webm (1280x640, 2.31M)

A V A T A R 2
V
A
T
A
R

I assume they're desperate for work, to make a breakthrough, meanwhile the execs want something from the HALO IP they bought/have lying around because people will surely recognise and buy that

You're the one who kept bringing up incels and sex. I don't think you're married, man. I just asked what you expected and then you started crying about sex or lack thereof. You don't seem mentally well.

They want to be making something more personal to their tastes, but they're stuck making an adaptation for something they couldn't care less about so they make the changes necessary to make it feel more personal to them. That's what not "being limited by the game" means. He doesn't care about the games and just wants to do whatever he wants to do.

Why does anyone work? Gotta make money, everything in this industry is a money-making endeavor. Also the way the industry is, work breeds more work. You sign up to do some shitty video game show for people you hate, get paid, and can move on to something better.

For a lot, most of these people, it's just a job. They don't care about artistic creation or the craft.

Fuck off, we should have exterminated you lazy drunk dipshits.

I'd expect them to approach their billion-dollar cash cow with the same ingenuity and cleverness as the Battleship movie. Acting like ateurs just kills the goose for everybody.

I don't know what the means. Explain to me like I'm retarded what you would like included beyond the world and characters.

actual retard

That explains why entertainment media has been unadulterated garbage for several years now, including this show. Trust the experts.

No please teach me more about this what do you call it? Err? lee? Shoo? Ter? woww…

The thing I'm wondering is how people are so bad at expressing themselves, why they have to word things in the worst possible way. This idiot is clearly trying to say that he's focusing on the characters and not all the little details that could bog down a video game adaptation, like how do you translate gameplay to story and the first goddamn thing he says is the crew didn't look at the game or talk about it. What, pray tell, is talking about the characters if not talking about the game. Are the characters not a part of the game. Moron should have opened with "we chose to focus on the characters first and foremost" not "heh, we didn't look at the game".

>people creating something of a source material they hate, which had been from a demographic they hate

This. Nu Trek and nu Star Wars suffers from this as well. The end product tastes like something made out of spite and it ends up turning everyone off except for diehard bugmen.

why when adapting a videogame into a movie or show would you need to look at anything beyond characters and world/lore?

Shut up you're just trying to bully us incels

>No please teach me more about this what do you call it? Err? lee? Shoo? Ter? woww…

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31.38K)

Star Wars is probably the best example of it, where the creative team involved clearly hate the source material and hate the fans, so they created something they wanted instead which absolutely drips with their hatred for the source material and fans.

No, because I know the usual spiel
>criticize anything modern Hollywood does
>get called an incel by actual incels

>L-look, I just know you'll bully me...
>I totally h-have an argument... But no one gets to hear it. I'm just going to get mad about sex...

In order to focus on the characters and world, shouldn't you do some sort of background check on the thing you're basing it on?

because some properties (like halo) are owned by insane publishers (in this case the communist government subsidized soviet tractor factory design bureau known as microdick) that outsource the extended universe to really really shitty writers who also don't talk about or look at the games, and the games are the only quality content

What else is there except for the world and characters? The music? Sound effects? Power ups?

>the games are the only quality content
not for a decade

Thanks for proving me right. You're not here to debate, but rather to engage in some dumbass culture war. You're just mad I preempted your shitty ad hominem attacks.

>let's focus on characters
>but let's not look into what the characters are like in the games we're basing it on

I literally asked a question and you started crying about how I'll call you an incel. You're not okay man but at least you're a funny dude

that too

Is that what they said? if so that's fucked up and stupid

Because I knew you eventually would. It's what you fuckers always do.

this tv show proves otherwise. but have a (You).

Not that user, but this is a fruitless line of questioning, because they fucked up the world and characters too. It isn't like they got the elements they needed to tell a good story without the games, it's that they didn't get anything but the barest surface level details from perusing a wiki one afternoon, and then used that to make an extremely mediocre and aggressively stupid television show.

It literally says that in the OP. They didn't look at the game or talk about it.

>I know what’ll show him, one of my Yea Forums-man memes! we are legion! fear us!

Yeah, kinda like how you sperg out and start frothing at the mouth when someone inserts a black character into a tv show or movie. Hilarious

They're not making the thing you like, they're ruining the thing you like to punish you for liking it before they ruined it.

Who hurt you?

Attached: Gnome.png (888x499, 556.37K)

>Who hurt you?

Attached: dead redditors.jpg (1279x919, 250.66K)

They said they talked about the world and characters. I didn't play Halo beyond Reach so I don't know how well they did that. But I don't see how them saying they looked at the characters and world is a bad thing. No one here can explain to me what I'm missing that they should have looked at beyond the world and characters for a TV show.

If I was making a TES show, would it be important that I look at the skill tree, for example? Is that what you mean or am I missing something important beyond the world and characters?

I don't even like Halo, I just want adaptations of any kind from any genre to at least somewhat match the source material. Nothing ever adheres any more.

>>I know what’ll show him, one of my Yea Forums-man memes! we are legion! fear us!

Attached: 764 - (you) animated generous gif giving glasses hand smile soyjak stubble variant_wholesome_soyjak.gif (500x400, 681.5K)

>But I don't see how them saying they looked at the characters and world is a bad thing.
Because it's a knowing false statement.

What did you mean by this?
>I-I'm not an incel!!!

What? I didn't say you were. Are you okay?
>I-I bet you like.. uh... the Ukraine!!

I refuse to believe you're a real "person."

Attached: 1650968216541.png (721x800, 538K)

i look like this

>we didn't look at the game, but we talked about the characters
How the fuck is that possible? Or, did they just read a wiki?

I'm not the user you were having your bitch fight with. I just saw you using redditorisms and acting like a faggot, and took the opportunity to post dead reddit troons, an opportunity I take any time it presents itself.

Attached: tech culture.jpg (2234x1242, 423.74K)

So people are mad that they lied or did the world/characters dirty, not that they should have somehow involved gameplay into the show? If that's the case, why do people keep posting this picture instead of just showing the times where the show is visibly shit (which happens like... 8 minutes in to E1).

>that explains that we wanted to make him like iron man with constant in helmet shots
>that explains why we blackwashed two white characters and didn't include a character whose black and is beloved by fans of the first games
>that's why we made such a boring piece of shit show
>le fuck da haters day r just Russian b0ts long like ukrsine xoxox

Do you... seriously think the devs went and played all of the Halo games? Of course they read a wiki. They rarely even read books they're adapting anymore.

When people say they should have played the games, they mean in order to understand why fans like the series, not because we want to see live action killstreaks and bunnyhopping.

You experience the original work, in the way it was intended to be experienced (read the comic/book, play the game, watch the cartoon, whatever), understand why it gathered fans, and then see how you can appeal to those fans with a non-interactive piece of television media. If you don't, you get the Halo adaption, which is made by people who don't understand and actively dislike Halo and its fans and are working off of wikipedia summaries. And its shit.

But you already know this.

>I'm not the user you were having your bitch fight with.
Suuure you weren't. Show your "wife" my memes for me. kek

>not that they should have somehow involved gameplay into the show
I don't think anybody is asking for this, so that's a strawman. The fact that they're adapting a game and didn't bother to even look at it, or weren't familiar with it, isn't the problem, but it's certainly a symptom of the problem, described best in . To be honest, if you don't get it, I don't think there's anything I can write in a Yea Forums post to get you there, this is something you should really understand just from being alive. Untalented people adapting material they don't understand and didn't care to glance at, and then making false and patronizing statements about lore and characters that they've butchered and actively disregarded, is bad. We could have had a good thing, and instead we have a bad thing. How else can it be said? How many more times?

Can you seriously not tell the difference between two posters?

Quote us both so I can show you for a schizo and a faggot.

Attached: the average manga reader.jpg (1158x1800, 351.1K)

>>le fuck da haters day r just Russian b0ts long like ukrsine xoxox
This is always what happens. It's happening ITT, but people are denying they're doing it.

These.

I remember when Disney insisted that the hate for TLJ was from Russian bots. It was a priority of Russian intelligence agencies to sully the reputation of a movie. And redditors actually believed it. They probably still do.