I have a really good idea for a intellectual property that can be turned into a variety of different media such as...

I have a really good idea for a intellectual property that can be turned into a variety of different media such as films, games, books, cartoons, etc. what should I do? So far I have about 50k saved up. What should be my first move?

Attached: 8E987FBC-1ED6-4CA7-A983-CC9EC7F2BA9B.jpg (828x597, 71.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com.au/Initech-Jump-Conclusions-Office-Space/dp/B07GL3CBBZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It seems a lot of people lately will start with a comic book first because its easier to produce. if it gets enough interest then they will move to to film production

I was thinking of either creating a short cartoon pilot based on my idea or writing a book about it. With a cartoon pilot I believe I can gather a fan base that would make it easy to pitch the show to different studios and networks. On the other hand, writing a book would be a lot less money and wouldn’t have a set budget on my creativity. I was planning on taking a film class at my college and making a short film based around my ideas for my final project.

>What should be my first move?
read examples of other people that self-published. if you're an incel then stop wasting your time.

I’m not a incel. I’m good looking, fit, and have a girlfriend I regularly have sex with

s-same here haha

Stop having premarital sex my man. If you aren’t ready for and trying for kids, you aren’t ready for and shouldn’t have sex.

call a lawyer.
seriously.

Why? What would a lawyer do? Would he be able to copyright my ideas or something?

Bump

Bump

Write a book, establishing your IP
Then fly to Japan. You can find some amateur mangaka who can turn your idea into a manga.
Then with a book and manga, anime or movie adaptations are more realistic.

Attached: 1650945969942.jpg (622x720, 87.74K)

Ideas are a diamond dozen. Are you actually able to create anything? A lot of Idea Guys go into comics because it's relatively cheap to hire an artist and a writer to implement an Idea Guy's ideas. If you're a good writer, just write the comic unless your idea is dependent on more complicated lore ideas / worldbuilding in which case a short story or novel might be a better route. Writing a book will also cause you to be taken marginally more seriously, at least from the creative point of view.

The bakers of Beverly road. A movie about men, sweat and baguettes.

Attached: 685985caceb7ce84877bdfe255bd2aab1eddf7d8r1-480-270_hq.gif (480x270, 1.4M)

A girlfriend! What a faggot XD
Do you have tampons in your bathroom?

just have connections bro

this user is right
it's a doggy dog world when it comes to IPs

A lawyer can secretly funnel the idea to the right people who can change it just enough to not be sued and actually do something with the idea unlike OP

Convert to Judaism.
Seriously.

Write the book with the IP, and spend that cash on the editor, publisher and marketing.

That’s what I was going to do

Your idea probably isn't very good. You should tell us what it is and if it's any good someone will steal it, then you don't have to worry about it anymore.

ideas are about the details. There's no such thing as "good ideas" because all good ideas live and die with their host

Attached: 06v12.jpg (513x600, 26.51K)

Screenplay, book, or graphic novel

also it's pretty funny that you can copyright only words and images when that's the least important part of any idea

Write a synopsis or story. Write a script. Take a bit of that 50k to hire an artist (me) to concept the characters and world. Build it all in a portfolio. Copyright your creations. Then pitch it studios.

>There's no such thing as "good ideas" because all good ideas live and die with their host
How is that possible is there's no such thing as good ideas?

Cartoons are in a weird spot right now sadly, but it could work!

THIS

>help you with all the intellectual property stuff
>connect you to agents

And more

Do you have a method of contact? Discord?

That's not your idea, it's my idea.

what I mean is that when you hear the words "good ideas" you shouldn't start rubbing your hands in anticipation to steal some. Good ideas are unstealable, because they only live inside the head on their host in their pure form. It's completely autistic thinking. Good ideas are the most unstealable thing in existence
they can't be replicated

No, plus I know you wouldn't pay up anyway.

>Cartoons are in a weird spot right now sadly, but it could work
What do you mean? Also why should I call a lawyer? What could they do for me?

I would actually.

Lawyer here. Pay me fifty grand and I'll let you tell me your idea so I can jew you out of it and leave you penniless.

see

First of all you’re going to have to write it all down

I'm stealing this post

>comics are easier to produce than a novel
Zoomers are fucking gay and retarded

idk start with a book, or partner up with a graphic artist and make a graphic novel, which could be expensive.
i'm starting my shit with a bunch of novellas, as i could crank a few out pretty quick and they're not nearly as difficult to write as long books

Artist user here, don't even waste your time with lawyer. Legit if you want to create something you need to write down the characters, the setting, and the story. Build this first. Then take a crack at scenes or moments and work on a short story or script. When you have this then get an artist (me) to draw up simple concepts like the way the characters should look and dress, where the live, and the world they live in. With this basic stuff you can then adapt it into stronger scripts/stories or more fleshed out and stylized drawings and images. You can copyright shit yourself. You can even trademark things if you're really into that.

ngmi as usual
words are not ideas. Illustrations are not ideas. Narrative structures also are not ideas.

>Also why should I call a lawyer? What could they do for me?

See Cartoons are in a weird spot right now because while you can get a platform easily (like Youtube) getting someone to actually pick up the series can be a challenge (see Helluva Boss, Hazbin Hotel, Bee and Puppycat, etc.) Be prepared to network and shill the fuck out of your cartoon so that a streaming service recognizes your potential.

I have a great idea

It's a "jump to conclusions" mat

It's a mat with different conclusions on it that you can jump to

>writing a book
No one reads books

Meds. Now.

Trademarks are for merchandise and show titles than the actual show itself

>Illustrations are not ideas.
Lol ya stupid meight? Have you never heard of CONCEPT art?

>implying a lawyer would ever be that honest

concept art is not an idea. It's the vomit of the mind where the idea will stay locked forever
whoever came up with copyright law is a tremendous dumbass. Because the things being copyrighted are quite possibly the least important elements period. All names images and etc should be public domain because at the end of the day the only thing that matters is ideas and those can't be stolen

If you can draw it will take a few months. Writing a book takes years and your first novel will not turn out well.

Stolen.

amazon.com.au/Initech-Jump-Conclusions-Office-Space/dp/B07GL3CBBZ

Attached: 71oWqjFMARL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1007x1500, 174.15K)

Books are time consuming and require discipline, infinitely personally rewarding. BYU puts up how to write fantasy, the professor of the class is Branden Sanderson. He is currently the top fantasy writer (not including her highness the troon slayer, queen of Terfs.)

Not turn out well? Lol it will be terrible BUT honestly it is definitely worth it.

ABA 1.1 kid

Is Rowling really a fantasy writer? It's more of a high school drama than anything.

OP wants to sell his ideas though, not write a book so he can say he wrote a book. If it's bad no one will care, if he makes a web comic with mediocre art but the story/world building is good it could easily be picked up.

Again, you're retarded. An idea in artworks is not like a fucking patent.

>Is Rowling really a fantasy writer?
She's not and never listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. Neither is Sanderson. 95% of what you call "fantasy" today is just pop fiction

Attached: pop-fi.png (409x802, 100.85K)

How do I become a transgender-exclusionary radical feminist?

patents are jewish and are not ideas
case in point this thing this is not an idea, this is an end product, which should not be possible to copyright because none of its value comes from the concept
It's 100% execution. Every idea is 0% concept and 100% execution. This is why Brands should not exist. Brands don't determine anything when you've divorced them from their idea

Bro a patent doesn't even need to work or be accomplished. It's literally a certificate that states "I thought about this and this is how it should work".

I’ve been worldbuilding my setting for some time. I’ve shared some of my ideas with people and all of them said my idea was actually really good and has potential. I write literally every day and come up with new ideas and flesh out my world every day. I think I have serious potential to make something cool and unique, I just don’t know where to start

>didn’t post the pasta

One fucking job

what pasta?

>No!

This. Patents are for inventions, not stories.

Take your meds

Maybe animation is your best bet! But you have to be prepared to put in the work

You should try to collaborate with an autistic illustrator, my suggestion is a webcomic. What is your idea about btw?

patents are not ideas because usually they extremely specific and technical, which is not what ideas are
patents and copyrights are nothing close to similar and thinking they are will only take your in the wrong direction

Yeah deep down I really want to make a cartoon. I’m planning on hiring animator to animate a short 8 minute pilot and I was planning on posting it on YouTube and new grounds and then plan to shill it everywhere until I gain a audience. Or I could write a story or make a short film based on the setting for my film class. Or I could literally do all of the above and flesh out the setting and world through multiple different media types

Post-post apocalyptic sci fi setting that focuses on change and growing up/coming of age story. Kind of like a mix of Fallout/Mad Max/Metro and the film Stand By Me

What pasta? WHAT PASTA?! Oh, I don’t know, maybe the one that is about dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

> a-at least the books were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: CE9096A8-D911-464F-928C-80AF89AB509C.jpg (1623x2886, 1.28M)

Film class worked for a lot of directors, but Youtube could give you a better audience.

Either way, keep us posted! Would love to watch your work

What does that have to do with it?

Deh

Bro like I said you gotta write everything down. I have a friend who would always say shit like "I'm better than these directors and writers because I have better ideas" and he'd tell me all his ideas but he never did shit with them and that was like 12 years ago and he still hasn't done shit with them after me and some friends would always tell him to write shit down. If you think you're so good then fucking write a script so you have something solid and proof of your ideas.

So write your shit down, then write a story from beignning to end. Don't worry about grammar or plot holes or any of that shit. Just WRITE from beginning to end. Because this will be your skeleton and a basis for other things to come. When you have that done you can always go back and write a second version with new characters or new ideas or shit that you forgot to add the first time. When you have a solid second version, which is a story from beginning to end with all your characters THEN consider writing a novel about it, a script, or a comic, or an animation. But you need that original work which will be like a reference point to your bigger projects. Something you can always look back on and call back on when fleshing out bigger ideas.