Just realized that literally every super popular normie anime is kino and literally everything else like seasonal shit...

Just realized that literally every super popular normie anime is kino and literally everything else like seasonal shit or obscure 90s OVAs are pure garbage. Only exception might be kaiji

Attached: 865B9727-A3E1-4488-B0F6-1E51F3AB2E9F.jpg (817x427, 43.09K)

>Naruto twice
>SAO
>Fairy tale
>Anime
>Kino
Lol

yep, death note is pinnacle of anime and i dont give a shit if you call me a pleb or entry level you fat smelly virgin

Oh the irony

My favorite anime is cory in the house

Naruto, Fairy Tale, SAO and DB Super are mediocre.

Only the first three anime on that list are kino.

There's some truth to that. When you take a look at all the anime shows that come out every season it's like 90% hot trash. Tons of slice of life or low effort isekai shit.

Death Note and FMA are good, everything else fucking sucks.

>SnK
>SAO
>kino

Get the fuck out.

Attached: 1614010354987.jpg (476x709, 94.23K)

Where’s YUGIOH bro? Number 6 and 8 look gay

Anime, like the Japanese economy, peaked in the early 90s/late 80s.

Only Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is kino

Fingers with black nail polish are typing ITT

It’s the only “hobby” where the deeper you go the worse everything gets

watch banner of the stars

Attached: 1609827075000.jpg (835x1184, 256.46K)

I only liked FMA and Death Note (sadly DN somehow stopped after certain character died and no new chapters got released, weird), I think is the fact that they have clear begining, middle and end and don't become never ending crap

I know you're trolling, but there are people who truly do exist like this, and it makes me seethe. A gruesome death to all of you, you know who you are.

I have never watched a single one of these shows, I thought DBZ was boring when it was airing on toonami. I'm watching Narutaru, Girl's Last Tour and working my way through Asobi Asobase here and there since it's pretty non linear.

I thought death note was stupid because of the main character making obvious fuck ups for the plot. The rest have been fine I think. Fairy tail was kinda boring to me. I got so tired of the filler in Naruto. Between Naruto and shippuden I probably skipped 300 episodes. I’m at like 180 of boruto so far and I skipped maybe 40 of them.

>popular bad
>unpopular good
I will never understand contrarianism.

Pic related is the only piece of modern japanese media that can unironically be considered as kino

Attached: 595A851B-DBDA-4A78-ABD4-0A09707617DE.jpg (1400x2008, 281.46K)

I will never understand how people over the age of 12 can enjoy Naruto and especially One Piece

You gotta be 18 to post here. Though like two of those shows are kino.

I know most of the popular action anime literally prolong fight scenes to the point of spanning it across numerous episodes that they are basically filler. Like you made whay could be an awesome fight almost boring. That's not kino.

Also why Death Note is my favorite. It has proper length and pacing.

I downloaded the first 60 episodes of One Piece because I thought it might have cool animation and there's very little media about pirates and it's just DBZ tier milking the fight

Most of the series in the OP simply aren't very good and far from being kino.

DN only has like 1 good season
starts going to shit after Light

I'll give you FMA, maybe Death Note despite its flaws, and a couple years ago I maybe would have said SnK too. But then it had the fastest decline from pretty KINO to embarrassingly bad I've ever seen in any piece of media ever. The rest aren't worth mentioning.

Attached: jap.jpg (400x556, 119.08K)

it seems like the only good fighting in anime is with swordfighting animes like Sword of the Stranger or super stylized stuff like Samurai Champloo

>NOOOOOOO YOU CANT JUST HAVE MULTIPLE EPISODES OF A FIGHT IN AN ACTION ANIME!1!!1!1!1! IT MUST BE OVER IN UNDER 2 MINUTES OR I’LL BE UPSET!1!1!!1

Excuse me, where the FUCK is Steins;Gate? Cowboy Bebop? GitS had a fucking live action adaptation, you can’t get more normie than that.

Overrated shite

Mobile Suit Gundam is better than 6/8ths of this list

Well yeah, but the OVAs are good too.
And kaiji's cool, too.
The only stuff that's truly bad is moeshit/SoLshit.

Attached: 1649882563348.png (1009x567, 580.93K)

Man I still can't believe how hard SnK shit the bed, on some level it doesn't even register, like its almost surreal. In a just world Isayama would have died before finishing his series instead of Miura.

Attached: agony.jpg (326x326, 16.32K)

>Bubblegum Crisis and AD Police
>Patlabor
>Macross Plus
>Gunsmith Cats
>Dominion Tank Police
>Golden Boy
>Tenchi Muyo

Oldfag reporting in

Nah. Lots of popular anime are kino, and lots aren't, just the same as deeper cuts. Also this used to be more true 15 years ago, but now the new generation of anime fan are unfamiliar with a lot of older anime so "must watches" of the past are now "obscure favorites" of today.

Based boomer. I'd like to add Gunbuster as well.

Attack on titan and full metal are great, and I will still defend Naruto. If you can overlook the filler and power level creep it has well written characters with good motivation and surprisingly deep messaging for a kids show

Pains monologue in cycle of hatred was kino

DBZ Kai with Faulconer OST is still great.
One Punch Man (S1 only) is outstanding, probably greatest single season of anime ever produced
Mob Psycho 100 is great.
Death Note is ok until about 2/3rds through the show then it shits the bed.
Initial D still holds up surprisingly well, season 1 is the roughest in terms of budget and animation but easily still my favorite.

Naruto has a critical reappraisal because it's no longer the looming future of Shonen and instead it's just a finished show with strengths and weaknesses. Also helps that a lot of Naruto fans admit it has faults now (DBZ chads have been doing this forever). Hopefully the same thing happens to JoJo in the future because in the moment that fanbase is insufferable.

For me it's the Bleach anime. Everything else pales in comparison.

Attached: 1646317802349.jpg (251x201, 9.36K)

Don't worry, netflix killed nomie weeaboos' interest in Jojo so they won't touch SBR kino

Fullmetal Alchemist vs. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Which should I watch?

God took the wrong mangaka from us, brother.

Attached: 1629230373675.png (604x624, 302.24K)

true, only plebs and contrarians say otherwise

Both

fma is the only good thing there

Attached: swords.png (480x360, 195.28K)

Both and the manga have valid reasons to watch. Personally my recommended order would be 2003, the Manga then Brotherhood. If you won't watch more than one and you refuse to read manga just watch Brotherhood I guess.

First series entirely then Brotherhood; starting at the second part since the first dozen episodes are just a butchered recap of the first half of the first series.

Attached: fma.jpg (969x1000, 206.64K)

Manga:
Pros:
>Consistent art and well utilized panels
>Best version of the story if only marginally
Cons:
>Is a manga, so no animation, color, music, sound
>Some filler is actually good

2003:
Pros:
>Better adaptation of the beginning of the series
>Tends to nail the atmosphere better
Half Pro/Half Con:
>Second half is anime original including the ending and your mileage may vary many love it many hate it
Con:
>Animation quality is lower than Brotherhood

Brotherhood:
Pro:
>Better adaptation of most of the story
>Great animation
Con:
>Worse adaptation of the beginning of the story
>Generally seen to be less atmospheric

Sword of the Stranger
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
Basilisk
Ninja Scroll
Death Frenzy
Onihei
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Dororo
Heike Story
New Dominion Tank Police
Cyber City Oedo 808
Black Magic M-66

SNK was truly the GOT of anime.

Any thoughts on Legend of the Galactic Heroes?

Good, long, poorly animated.

Brotherhood has a better ending, but the 2004 series has a great OVA sequel, imo.

Anime truly peaked in the 80s with shirow

>Brotherhood has a Disney ending
ftfy

i don't know how many times i've seen the final fight in sword of the stranger, probably 30+. it's one of the best animated, most well choreographed fights i've ever seen in anime and every time still manages to convey the frenzy and tremendous skill of the participants. it's astonishing and watching the entire movie just as a build-up for that fight is 100% worth it.
it's surprising how old this movie is, i didn't realize it was from 2007, feels much more modern in terms of animation quality. other than Akira i'm not sure there's a better animated film out there.

And ranma 1/2

Any mangabros in here? My favourite manga of all time is Lone Wolf and Cub, do you know any others that are like it?

The most interesting anime by far

You might like Vagabond, Dororo and Rurouni Kenshin.

>Lone Wolf and Cub
Never read it, sounds similar to Blade of the Immortal. I enjoyed that as a non-weeb.