Barely didn't watch it because I heard several people call it "boring" and "cringe"

>Barely didn't watch it because I heard several people call it "boring" and "cringe"
>Decide to give it a shot anyway
>It's absolute capekino and probably the most soulful comic book film since Hellboy 2.

What the fuck is wrong with normalfags?

Attached: batman.jpg (750x1262, 306.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dsuln1LKbzk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No Bat Country Opening for Batman instead we get Ave Maria...wtf
youtube.com/watch?v=dsuln1LKbzk

Marvel has rotted their brains. I'm not sure if the Batman beats out the Dark Knight, but it stands comfortably among the best of the Batman adaptations and a filmmaker-driven movie like this is a breath of fresh air in the current dreadful landscape of blockbuster cinema

meh

This board keeps rejecting the truth expressed in your post because Americans are angry for the catwoman line

The line didn't bother me all that much... just didnt find the flick all that original. Felt the movie was okay at best, but to each their own.

People bitch about factory floor MCU filmmaking, but then when a film actually dares to feel different from the typical capeshit people shit on it, people disliking the Batman's tone and style is literally why the MCU is the way it is.

I enjoyed it as well even if it has flaws
I hope calendar man court of owls penguin and black mask is in the sequel
fuck joker

This. Loved the 90s goth asthetic too. Got the crow vibes.

I like how Reeves took Nolan's goofy "batman moves through dark hallway getting lit up by gunfire" scene but instead made it kino as fuck

Attached: 575645.gif (625x256, 1.02M)

Every fucking day I see like six Batman threads and half of them say its amazing and soulful and half of them say its boring woke tripe don't even know who to believe anymore

believe in yourself

Attached: 1650652827092.jpg (794x674, 31.65K)

>Marvel has rotted their brains.
This. This is what MCU audiences look like.

Attached: MCU audience.jpg (2048x1365, 753.23K)

>Batman being invulnerable, able to tank explosions, bridges, and guns is kino

Attached: pig disgusting.jpg (225x224, 5.83K)

Stop being a flock and watch it and judge it on your own.

Attached: 1469144458022.png (306x276, 51.49K)

Only normalfags like it, you dumb fucking retard.

I let out a good laugh at this shot, same with how Catwoman thought Batman was going in to kiss her when he said "look at me" but he's too autistic to realize it. I really enjoyed the understated humor.

Because NPCs secretly love memberberries and goofy Bane speeches and half baked dialogue that spells everything out so a 12 year old can understand it.

>The Batman
>woke

The main villain is literally an incel /pol/tard who also ends up being right about absolutely everything. Apart from Catwoman basically the entire cast is men too. There's literally one scene where catwoman bitches about "privileged white guys" which actually makes sense in the context of her life because she's a poor as fuck mulatto girl. If this is a woke film it's the good kind of woke.

It’s shit mate.

The Dark Knight is the worst Batman movie ever made.

It’s shit mate.

if you really like reddit , you will hate it
if you are a human being (not brown) you will enjoy it

>It's absolute capekino and probably the most soulful comic book film since Hellboy 2.
>What the fuck is wrong with normalfags?

Attached: 1522229959919.png (415x274, 22.15K)

how did it do? will it get a sequel?

>literally an incel /pol/tard

HE IS AN ABUSED ORPHAN!

cry more

The same audience that watches Marvel watched Batman you spaz.

Nolan set the bar so high that any new batman movie has to have the same level of quality and do it's own thing simultaneously to differentiate itself in the same time

>well, hello beautiful...

Someone edit both the Something in the Way scenes but with Bat Country instead

it would've been perfect if they weren't forced to shoehorn a line that agrees with the current political climate and a nostalgic pop song.

Nolan's later movies retroactively made me like his Batman's movies less.

/pol/flakes and robots always whine about how hard they have it.

Attached: seanconnery best.jpg (445x399, 28.4K)

the movie sucked way before catwoman even bashes white peepo

>calendar man
overrated villain. his biggest claim to fame is a minor role in long halloween because someone else does his gimmick with way higher stakes. I like how this film took place over only a few days, but with calendar man you'd need a film that takes place over multiple months to a year
>court of owls
don't think it fits into this universe honestly. it'd completely undercut all the corruption and string pulling amongst gotham's powers that be that was established in this film if they turned around and said "actually none of that really matters because it's actually another group that's behind everything." also way too early for batman to be up against something like that. court of owls only makes sense for a much older batman
>black mask
could be really cool, but they just used him in birds of prey so i'm not sure if they'll go that route
>joker
reeves has already said he isn't going to be the villain for the next film, and I hope they just keep using him as a minor recurring role throughout

I hate capeshitters so much its fucking unreal

it's the type of film that causes such severe autism online that you just have to see it for yourself

>Catwoman thought Batman was going in to kiss her when he said "look at me" but he's too autistic to realize it.
Neither of them thought that. The tension there was only for the fans watching. The two of them had known each other for all of 5 minutes when that happened, so either of them expecting a kiss out of nowhere would be retarded

It's shocking to me how such an apparent anti white race baiting piece of shit gets genuine praise. Yea Forums is truly infested with browns and mutts. What am i even doing on here as one of the few last remaining whites...

Kurt Cobain VS Zodiac was okay, but some things weren't exploited to their full potential.
Batman going from vengeance to justice was great, but it felt weird that he was already pretty much accepted by the cops, even if they didn't like him. They are the ones we see the most having a reaction to Batman, so the ending of helping instead of getting revenge felt a little hollow since there was such a disconnect between Batman/Bruce and the people of the city.
It's also not a really good detective movie. It's Batman going from point A to point B getting clues handed to him. When he goes on an investigation of his own agency, it turns out to be a red herring.
The movie was also very dark, almost too dark to see, but that may be an issue with the service I watched it on.
Catwoman was very meh as a character. I liked the actress, but she didn't really make a difference in the movie except at the end.
Penguin was okay, but didn't really feel like the penguin to me. Turturro was great. Dano was autistic, right?
Joker was cringe.
All in all, I loved the movie, but felt like it could have been better and shorter.

If this movie had better action. And if pattison could have toned down the emo a tad it would have been even better. Also remove the cringe woke cat woman line. Liked the movie a lot tho.

batxir fatigue, nobody wanted to see another trilogy after nolanverse and dceu

As tired as I am of the whole "realistic gritty Batman" thing I thought it did a better job than the Nolan films in that particular avenue despite not having as much of the spectacle.

seethe and sneed. it's a superhero movie

>as one of the few last remaining whites...

Attached: Truth.png (1132x536, 675.29K)

Good movie but bloody hell did they drop the ball in the third act. Went from 8-9/10 to 5-6/10 real fast. I know they "needed" to wrap things up quickly since it is already pretty long but honestly I would have preferred additional 20 minutes just to get everything right

Northern European but ok.

>It's also not a really good detective movie. It's Batman going from point A to point B getting clues handed to him. When he goes on an investigation of his own agency, it turns out to be a red herring.
This is what happens when you write a movie around a character who's nickname is the World's Greatest Detective, either he solves the whole thing in less than an hour (which he would've done if either he or Gordon bothered to look into where those photos were taken from on the thumb drive at the start) or he has to be a little retarded so that the film can actually happen
>but felt like it could have been better and shorter.
This

>zero hype
>see the movie
>expect nothing
>enjoy

The line was like the least of it's problems, the wokeness permeated the entire plot. All bad guys were white. All good guys were black(ish?).

the action is horrible. Pattinson's batman is an emo twink, he looks labored and clunky. the story telling is awful especially for such a long movie.
>blah blah something done off screen
>but blah blah different version blah blah
but wait it's Batman so let's add some poorly conceived action.

if it wanted to be noir crime thriller fine, cut it an hour and limit the action. it was a bloated and clunky snore fest

>capekino
ew

It's bad because it's fucking boring

It's a great movie, with some flaws.
Normalfags are one thing but there's obviously some kind of a hate campaign happening. It's either salty Snyderfags, pol brainlets or disney shills.

>All good guys were black(ish?).
literally the main fucking character

>probably the most soulful comic book film since Hellboy 2
Hellboy 2 and The Batman are both so bad people forget they exist

Its boring as fuck.
Has shit cgi (batman diving through the buildings).
Black cat woman.
Batman acts like a teenage retard.
Gordan is black.....
Mayor is black.....
Ridder is bad because hes based off a Yea Forums user yet does nothing bad throughout the film until the end were retarded writing comes in.

It's like the writers are saying a city would turn to shit if blacks held power over it in any way

if i want to be bored il watch eyes wide shut or blade runner 2049
capeshit films should me bubblegum fun type for the whole family,not this "IM A EMO AND MY ENEMY IS A INCEL" bullshit

This is causing a lot of seethe but I get what you're saying. It's a fun movie to watch but as a Batman movie it's not great. And it has not aged very well in some aspects, like the batsuit.

I’ll give you the black mayor lady but besides those two things I’ll give it a woke pass because I liked the rest of it. I’m usually out of I catch a whiff of that but it wasn’t bad enough for me this time surprisingly.

>Has shit cgi (batman diving through the buildings).
There's literally BTS footage of them filming this

>spacing and ellipsis of a retard
opinion discarded by default

first 10 minutes you see a fuck ton of it.
Stonk black female politician calling out ebil whitey.
white joker gang playing knick out game (something unique to blacks), targets an Asian. the mulatto recruit is the only one with sympathy toward the Asian man.
>remember the white supremacists attacking Asians narrative they tried so hard to push, it wasn't true.

Batman exhausts himself fighting off the joker gang but let's the remorseful mulatto go.

these tropes aren't terrible in isolation but they aren't the message is quite consistent throughout the film. Nolan painted as rich v poor, Reeves paints it as noble suffering POC vs whitey even the dumb ass crackas who try to help them.

It looks like they were setting up Penguin as the one who takes over, but he's probably only going to be a background character anyway. Unlikely that Black Mask is gonna be there, but not impossible.
Mr. Freeze would be cool. Not sure how they could make it work plotwise but him using cryogenics to freeze and shatter people might be kino.

Wokeism was in other movies before, IF there is anything in this movie it's still very mild but maybe more visible due to current trends, i will admit that.

>didn't really feel like the penguin to me
Huh? I thought he was the perfect penguin, he looks and acts just like he should.
Joker was kind of average. I liked him more in the deleted scene, but I dont like the design - too many scars and his laugh is off. Also weird how Joker is already in Arkham although this is supposed to be early Batman and imo Joker should come in much later.

Correct, hell I know I watch both, as do 95% of the silly cunts who post here.

It's the proto Joker, he may not have all his characteristics

Says the fucking mongoloid in a capeshit thread.

>very mild but maybe more visible due to current trends
I was going to say that in my post as well. If it wasn’t for the current social retardedness I wouldn’t have even noticed so I gave it a pass. The white privilege line was pure modern shtilib tripe so that one I do count against the movie.

>Stonk black female politician calling out ebil whitey
good bait but a little weak.
the movie shows her to be an absolute tone-deaf out of touch politics lady that gets shot the minute she disobeys a police order
>white joker gang playing knick out game
you should double down on the initiation dude, the gang is clearly mexican/yankee with the token black guy.

Reeves' intention was to show Joker as someone who actually looked like he was suffering from chemical burns, inspired by Conrad Veidt's appearance in the Man Who Laughs, who was the original inspiration for the Joker back in the 40s

The Joker is also one of the first supervillains Batman ever faced in almost every origin of the character and appeared in the very first issue of Batman's solo book. I'm not interested in the Joker featuring heavily in this version of Batman, but I'm glad they at least established that he exists in this continuity

Attached: the man who laughs.jpg (2417x3000, 3.13M)