Star Trek

Why was he testing humanity?

Attached: Q-Judge-q-star-trek-10759391-450-600.jpg (450x600, 131.41K)

No one knows. Something about seeing something in humanity that he didn't see in other alien races. I guess that makes him an alien racist.

To see if they where worthy of Lower Decks

Attached: 1650641328367.jpg (380x600, 66.22K)

He sees himself in us.

Attached: OIP (5).jpg (474x255, 20.29K)

yet the Q let the bastard races like klingons and ferengi live

I liked the q charachter but the 'lore' is retarded

They needed a plot to make the new, more futuristic, and more powerful federation still feel small and plucky.

Technically wouldn't he still be testing? He did say the trial would never end.

Yeah, but why?

That is currently what Picard is about sort of

Maybe we'll find out in Picard.

No answer will be satisfying, especially one given by Kurtzman.

to understand his own test

For the lulz.

/slide/ thread

Attached: 1650558631221.jpg (1051x955, 142.19K)

Attached: 1b1bd69f-bf4c-11ec-b257-937bf3bf2a3a.png (1024x1024, 954.94K)

>No answer will be satisfying, especially one given by Kurtzman.
That’s because no answer was ever meant to be given. Q is a metaphor for the unknowns of life and life will always test you and that test will never end until you die (and who knows, maybe it goes on in different ways after that as well).

He was bored.

These are neither funny nor interesting.

This one.

Attached: LOW LGBTQ+.jpg (803x2641, 299.57K)

It stops being funny after the 33rd time.

It's about marking your territory.

Titties

Attached: 1644506392902.jpg (1280x711, 90.89K)

It stops being funny after the 33rd time.

>33rd
What did the Masons mean by this?

Plot device. But one thing's for sure, Gene Roddenberry did not plan out whatever the fuck is happening to Q in the Picard series. That's just a Hollywood tradition of killing off immortal beings because of hubris or whatever the fuck. Hollywood doesn't like to put the idea of immortality in the heads of its audience without later portraying it as a curse or an impossibility that would lead to ruin if pursued.

All of the wealthy oligarchs that run the world desire to live for as long as possible if not forever and they are actively working on achieving that goal. The last thing they want is to let every common plebe share in their potential godhood. So they drill it into the heads of everyone that pursuing immortality is bad. But they really mean it's just for them.

It’s time to put an end… to your /trek/.

Attached: Q.jpg (475x363, 30.02K)

Monday April 25 thru Sunday May 1 is Lesbian Visibility Week. Post your favorite Star Trek lesbians:

Attached: Our Girls.jpg (1024x552, 227.56K)

God I'm bored of this shit now.

Attached: 1647898544748.jpg (1746x613, 82.74K)

Attached: Fuck You Rick Berman.png (300x740, 427.36K)

Tell me about it.

Boredom

Attached: 1639488918355.jpg (1000x1119, 182.47K)

Mike McMahan

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 8.46K)

sucks we never got several episodes of dark mirror tng. the closest we got was 'yesterday's enterprise'.

>let me just shove my sexuality in your face without context or meaning.
I'm starting to support islamic extremists throwing fags of skyscraper desu

Gene and Rick didn't want to confuse viewers or use TOS stuff till the series was firmly reestablished.
I think it was the right call considering the DS9 crossover episodes.

Attached: 1632790137964.jpg (582x889, 171.23K)

I wish I had a time machine so I could show Wesley what he would be like in 30 years

it makes no sense for Q to look like old man in Picard, we have cheap technology to make him young again, it is things like this that make Star Trek seem so out of touch with today's reality

De-aging costs a fucking fortune and isn't perfect.
It makes more sense for him to age himself to mock Picard anyway.

Attached: 1639636342461.gif (400x444, 3M)

Attached: 1650984442636.jpg (147x161, 2.11K)

Q is a 3rd wall metaphor for the federation and how it appears to lesser civilizations, basically earth now, guiding civilizations to the right path.

It's not about likeability of race, even though that's subjective anyways. It's about potential for progress and as a potential threat.
In TNG we saw that a human girl was able to ascend into a Q, meaning humanity as a species had the potential to become Q or even evolve to threaten to overthrow the continuum.

this is the only correct answer.

to YOU

IIRC she is not human her parents were Q that wanted to live as mortals and were given an ultimatum to never use their powers, they end up using them and the other Q execute them, the girls is just developing her powers naturally and Q was there to bring her into the fold or kill her since the experiment with her parents failed.
But yeah he sees in humans the most potential to fuck things up.

>IIRC she is not human her parents were Q that wanted to live as mortals and were given an ultimatum to never use their powers, they end up using them and the other Q execute them, the girls is just developing her powers naturally and Q was there to bring her into the fold or kill her since the experiment with her parents failed.
Oh yea, completely forgot about that whole plot lol.
But yea, the general point still stands.

they should bring wesley back for picard, but only let him wear this outfit the entire time.

>they should bring wesley back for picard
Wil Wheaton does not need any more money to buy his Wesley Crusher action figures and fleshlights

Q continuum is the final form of the borg and Q is trying to push humanity toward embracing it

Literally not one single soul I know gives a shit about the plot of Picard s2, even the few that are suffering through are just waiting for the asspull that will make everything go back to normal so they can get to s3 with the original TNG cast.

I always knew Q was based.

I'd slide her panties to the side

> Implying you ever leave your Mom's house to talk about Trek.

Attached: 205-picard-laris-04.jpg (1200x800, 449.53K)

your mother sucks me thru my jean shorts

Attached: unknown.jpg (590x450, 34.51K)

>Watcher is tasked to keep an eye on user to protect the timeline where a shitpost he makes in the future causes a future hitler to choke on his food and die from laughing at it.
>Why yes, he spends most of his time in his room jerking off. I love my job.

Humans have the potential to evolve into Qs.

Attached: sg1_fullcircle_daniel.jpg (600x450, 126.09K)

These threads are proof that we’re a savage child race.

Q himself wasn't testing humanity, the entire Continuum wanted humanity destroyed for being a, "dangerous, savage, child race."

Compared to most races out their humanity was way a head of curve, so I have to suspect Q was full of shit, especially since he later wanted to make a human into a Q and then ended up have a half human son

>watchers.
i stopped watching there.
fucking hated that shit.
werent the Q exactly that?
there is an episode of TNG where Q basically helped picard to become the person he was, because he laughing like a maniac when stabbed doesnt make sense unless you include the shit Q did, meaning that he in fact needed him to exist and helped him.

If I may put forward a slice of personal philosophy, I feel that man has ruled this world as a stumbling demented child-king long enough!
And as his empire crumbles, my precious Black Widow shall rise as his most fitting successor!

>These threads are proof that we’re a savage child race.
No, just problem childs.

He wanted to bring new DNA into the Q, he ends up having a kid with his Q gf, his son is full Q, and that all happens after the Q go into a civil war so w/e was the case during TNG doesn't really matter.

Fuck Q

Attached: BasedJim.png (640x360, 260.97K)

i dont know if that has anything to do with pic. just my personal theory.