Why didn't people like the great destruction shown in this movie?

Why didn't people like the great destruction shown in this movie?

Attached: 1_ynJEWSa6ivgFpF0EUP1L_A-768x432.jpg (768x432, 58.51K)

Well Superman is invincible relative to other heroes, so his gimmick is that he's supposed to try and save stuff.

it was weightless

because it's absolutely comical that Metropolis experiences like 100 9/11s with hundreds of thousands if not millions dead and the movie acts like everything is ok because Superman kisses Lois Lane in the end. Superman is completely apathetic to the destruction and makes no attempt to mitigate the damage, even when he easily could have- my favorite bit is when Zod throws a tanker truck at Superman, and instead of catching it, Superman just jumps over it which blows up the building behind him - better hope no one was hiding in there lmao

The first thing Goku always does is try to get the villain to fight where there are no people around.

It was one of the elements I enjoyed most about the movie. It was practically the first superhero movie that actually portrays superpowers and their effects realistically and doesn't shy away from showing the collateral. Plus it's always fun to watch stuff get demolished

literally right before the fight, he defies all odds and destroys the terraforming machine, saving the ENTIRE PLANET

This superman is suppose to be a beacon of hope and good.

Yeah but that was a flaw and one that directly is addressed in the next film because batman and lex see it and decide someone has to stop Superman

Because it had weight and wasn't fun destruction, it looked like a disaster movie. Superman was shown to split mountains with his head without even his hair moving. For many that's great, i love it, the destruction of metropolis is realistic, if 2 flying gods fight, mortals won't have a fun time. It reminded me of primal rage where you stomp the worshipers. MoS is kino.

Attached: diablo-vs-shank-primal-rage-2-ruined-city.jpg (989x739, 152.91K)

This is the most bullshit claim possible.
And other people agree, Zod doesn't give a fuck.

This is the dumb thing about comic books. If super heroes can save everyone, there would be no need for police. But there is.
What was good about Man of Steel is that it showed Superman trying to stop Zod. Zod knows his weakness is for the love of humans so he will do everything he can to keep the fight in a populated area. Seeing literally every mother fucker in the universe be saves is unfathomable.

you mean the same villains that let him sit there and power up for 3 episodes straight instead of attacking him?

Because all of the destruction and death was Superman's fault when he activated the scout ship

It was only addressed in the next film because of the backlash. Don't even pretend movies shouldn't stand on their own, either

People like what Disney tell them to like

I liked it quite a bit. This is what it looks like when two world-breaking powerhouses throw down. Contrast it to Thanos fighting the Hulk at the beginning of Infinity War. They’re not even knocking each other across the room, let alone through bulkheads. That ship should have been confetti, Asgardian-built or not, and I’m not even sure it was.

Completely agree.

sore vaginas

Because when gods fight they first ask gay OP's permission because he is a fragrant floundering gay man with a weak constitution

Because they're gods?

That was done retroactively because Goyer and Snyder were aware of all the criticisms of Man of Steel.

>Because they're gods?
The reason people like Superman is because despite his godly power, he's incredibly humble and pure of heart. Christopher Reeve says that he portrayed Superman first and foremost as a friend, not a superhero, and that's why his depiction remains iconic almost 50 years later.

That Snyder chooses to instead worship the martial power of Superman and treat him unironically as a messianic figure who broods and scowls and cries about how hard it is to help people is why so many people find this depiction of the character so alienating.

You're forgetting speed watcher that the military was well on their way anyhow!

The long term plan was multiple movies where Superman had regret for the destruction he helped cause since he was green at this point and by the 3rd movie you saw him go out of his way to stop destruction.

t. Directed this movie

>Why didn't people like the great destruction shown in this movie?
too much estrogen in their system

The point is Hollywood is run by idiots who thinks masterpieces is play doh made of poop. Zack had a plan and Hollywood ruined it.

Great movie. The villain was dedicated to destruction. There was no choice.
People wanted the sanitized ritual violence of marvel flicks.

Attached: FA614D28-5F92-4C88-AF98-6085C85B685B.jpg (350x343, 50.38K)

Man of Steel doesn't even really seem cognizant of Superman's "mistakes", though. Metropolis is in ashes by the end and in the final scenes every at the Daily Planet is laughing and joking like nothing happened.

superman should not be less morally sensitive than fucking goku

>That Snyder chooses to instead worship the martial power of Superman and treat him unironically as a messianic figure who broods and scowls and cries about how hard it is to help people is why so many people find this depiction of the character so alienating.
Literally never happens in the movie. Superman decides to trust humans because he has a connection with Lois. Humanity is not all good. Their squabbles are petty, and things like the endless malls and IHOPs of the world are demeaning and depressing.
Superman wants something more for humanity.

Snyder portrays him as a nietszchean ubermensch. I think it works fine

Because deconstructing the greatest icon of heroism felt cynical. He could have probably gotten away with it with any other character, or even a Superman expy.

This. A bunch of weak willed maggots!

Didn’t watch the movie lol

Attached: 2CE9B1BA-8964-4E97-899B-C98A6287543E.jpg (626x422, 90.88K)

Says you. For the first time he has a purpose. That is jouous!

He's right, it was weightless. This whole realistic collateral damage bullshit doesn't work when you don't see anyone actually dying because the movie is PG-13. It comes off as a kid breaking a Lego city with his toys, not as 2 godlike creatures fighting in a real city.

I thought Snyder's entire point was that Supes isn't a god...

But it is sanitized. You literally don't see anyone dying from the wanton destruction.

This

Greatest Superhero film!

God was a beast!

Real villains gives a damn about collateral damage and Zod said I will kill them all!

That would be gauche.
We know people are dying because 9/11 imagery is being used.

Because they can't accept than an inexperienced super hero would have trouble to handle a top millitary of his own race.

It's even worse.
Warner had a Quint Flush (having Affleck and Cavil at the same time) and still managed to lose.
It's quite impressive when you think about it.

The point is he's a titan, stronger than Godzilla! Stronger than Zeus or any of them.

>"- Hey Cyborgs, do you mind if we go somewhere else so we can fight ?
>-No, we are only after you and your friends"

">-Hey Zod, could we please go somewhere else ?
>-FUCK YOU ! I WILL KILL AS MANY HUMANS AS I CAN"

That's the difference.

Then don't pretend it's not sanitized.

>WHY ISNT SUPERMAN SAVING KITTENS FROM TREES, AHHHHHH

Attached: E37127A2-853B-4851-9A54-D9B36E90344D.png (800x666, 131.61K)

Did Superman forced his son to face a fucker stronger than him ? Telling him that if he would fail, the entire planet would be gone ?

I did enjoy that you could see the momentary pain of taking a life go across his face right before he realized that the only way to save more lives was to snap Zod's neck.

I mean Superman is able to fly Zod out into space, showing that he clearly could have taken the fight elsewhere but he chose not to

Difference is clear to me. Disney created cope where a dumb idiotic ideology of “punch the nazi” means everything becomes objectively better than before the conflict started.
The mentality is childish. Conflict means people die.
Does Snyder use civilian deaths like exploitation? No. He has class.
But he doesn’t pretend that conflicts do not result in death.

Zod sent him right back into metropolis

Look at Amy Pascal's emails. These people are detached from reality.

This is my favorite capeshit of all time.

Gohan was the only one capable of stopping Cell. Goku had no choice.

He did and Zod went back.

Maybe you missed the part where Zod was getting stronger and stronger and stronger!

>my favorite bit is when Zod throws a tanker truck at Superman, and instead of catching it, Superman just jumps over it which blows up the building behind him
I died at this part when I first saw the movie, the way the camera pans up at the explosion is so childish it's hilarious

>tfw marvel made not one but TWO very clunky cope scenes in Ultron and Civil War because one chad filmmaker implied gods fighting will lead to casualties

Its almost as if he's a noob to all this.

>100 9/11s with hundreds of thousands if not millions dead
Didn't happen. Stop looking at your phone and watch the movie properly next time.

>you don't see anyone actually dying
Do you need a catalog of corpses to acknowledge that people die when a skyscraper collapses without warning?

There's a difference between being a noob and being retarded so the director can have his epic explosions

I seem to recall more than a dozen city blocks being flattened by the world engine with people being lifted high into the air before being slammed down with earth-shattering speed with at least half a dozen skyscrapers collapsing throughout the entire sequence

No, he quite literally started fighting super powered aliens amongst civilians. He'd never fought super powered people or use his power amongst the general public until that time.

You people are so disingenuous!

>He'd never fought super powered people or use his power amongst the general public until that time.
And if he didn't realise that the fight was causing all this destruction after 2 minutes of buildings falling over and explosions he is mentally disabled
>You people are so disingenuous!
Stop talking like a gay redditor

Realized says the disingenuous seeker of injury!

He was green. On the boat the trap nearly fell on him because he lacked situational awareness!

Jesus dude, just tell us you didn't watch the movie, it would be faster.