Katara is a mary sue

Katara is a mary sue

Attached: Avatar_Last_Airbender_Book_1_Screenshot_0047.jpg (1434x1080, 111.74K)

Toph was stronger

They are both very cute

she ruined me ;_;

Attached: katara.jpg (213x320, 10.34K)

>is a nagging control freak cunt
>show doesn't pretend she isn't a nagging control freak cunt or pretend it isn't a bad thing to be
Sounds like an intentional character flaw to me.

They had a whole feminist arc with her where she fought a water bending master. She was an early stronk wymyms character

>very first episode
>UGGGHHHAAA you're so sexist omg I'm a WOMANNN UGHHHHHHH
Dropped.

reminder that if aang hadn't shown up she would probably end up fucking her brother since there were no males left in the village

>Four Elements Trainer Slave Route.avi

Katara is my wife

>her vagina rage almost kills them because she's over emotional
You're a faggot

This. It was a character flaw she had to overcome once Toph joined the team.

Waterniggers get preferential treatment
>Earth: manipulates metal, all minerals frm the earth
>fire: can create lightning, all plasma
>wind: can hover and helps flying
>water: I understand bending ice and steam, to even bloodbending, they have healing magic (????)

finished arcane a few days ago and pretty much hated it after episode 4. the characters are 1 dimensional and jinx being a lunatic wasn't properly built up to so her scenes were extremely cringe. the first 3 episodes were the best since they were a slow introduction to the characters (though again, powder->jinx needed more time). also viktor was the best character since everyone else was kinda boring or cringe and i have a soft spot for the "scientist with terminal illness tests the unknown for a chance to ascend to something greater" trope.

ATLA has lots of episodes where the characters get caught up in some short lived conflict but i'm glad those episodes are there because it helps me care about the characters. also ATLA shits all over arcane. i can't believe people tried to argue arcane is a GOAT among cartoon shows. fucking please. do people care about animation that much? it looked technically impressive but who cares if the story is whatever. also most of the characters are ugly.

will this show be comfy and help distract me from my life? i've never seen it

Yep based

Yes

Healing is fine. explain combustion man though.

yes it's good. it can be childish and slow sometimes (especially season 1) but it has tons of great episodes. episode 12 is probably my favorite from season 1.

chi paths go to his head eye

she doesn't win enough to be a mary sue.

Have you learned anything from the popularity of anime in current year? Good storytelling has been dropped ages to focus more on fuckable character designs. Arcane fans are strictly coomers.

>brutally mogs all other animated shows

Attached: 1644227255367.jpg (1920x817, 461.18K)

jinx is the only hot one.

She lost though

>bitches about being relegated to learning healing
>unironically the most useful skill she learns

With better writing, it could have been a good character moment for her, without detracting from the original story beats

for me it's fire nation disguise Katara, my wife

Attached: 1590891127185.jpg (640x640, 61.27K)

eh don't like the chick on the left being black

Did you watch it? Arcane characters are fantastic.

Over-powered characters aren't Mary Sues, if that was the case, most fantasy protagonists would be Mary Sues. They're power fantasies, which are fine and in moderation.
Mary Sues occur when someone other than the original creator, usually some uncreative corporate yes-man, creates a new character in an existing IP, and this character is instantly as talented/more talented than the original characters, and is instantly friends with the original characters. Best examples are Rey and Miles Morales

Attached: 219.jpg (780x897, 38.71K)

Most fantasy protags are mary sues

no, they're not, as I explained, they're power fantasies, there's a difference. Learn to read, zoomzoom.

thanks guys, where can I get it? going to watch it before bed tonight and i'll feel comfy knowing you two recommended it and not lonely

Attached: 1622105344313.jpg (1024x1024, 170.03K)

>had the hots for the bad boy but ends up choosing the safer option
>essentially friendzone him for 10 years and only let him bang her when her ovaries are just about drying up

why are women like this

Attached: hunger-games-press-shot-1447953207-list-handheld-0.jpg (640x360, 30.73K)

Why is the last episode so bad bros? They just remove all obstacles they had put up for Aang. He had to give up his emotions for his friends and Katara to reach the Avatar state (he chose feelings and still got the avatar state in the last episode) and he pulled energybending out of his ass to get out of the killing/not killing conundrum.

The recap play one is kino as fuck btw and possibly the best episode in the series.

Attached: main-qimg-99afe5c106134f2e1c60310390157437.gif (240x179, 345.12K)

Hope you enjoy it user. I didn't see it until I was an adult based on friends recommendations and was shocked at how good it was once I got passed the overtly kiddy tone of the first two or three episodes.

>Westerners make an anime
It's shit

Attached: 1650251083063.jpg (780x585, 55.12K)

Yeah, but she's blind

that's because anime is trash to begin with

arcane fans are discord trannies, notice how it had two generals on two different boards for fucking months
nobody was talking about it save for their little circlejerk

Arcane isn't "coomer" at all
Have sex

What race are the southern water tribe?

thanks friend

Sexy

They chose to make it more metaphorical, that in the end uncorruptable good overtakes evil. For what TLA was, it works.

Yeah, and being a "nagging control freak" would be horrible if they weren't, you know, 14 year olds on a quest to save the planet from Fire Nazis. If Toph was in charge of things, the Earth Kingdom would have been baptized in cleansing fire so hot that when she wept for obliterated civilization, she would feel the tears dry from her face.
The fact of the matter is that she doesn't control things enough, if anything. Look at some examples of her letting others go against her:
>Aang tries fire bending too early, burns Katara, then gets traumatized and is like >muh destiny, I can't fire bend it makes me sad :(
>Katara is the only character who is consistently right about how to handle Zuko, even as he does his obnoxious backstab-counterbackstab-backstab plot nonsense in the early to mid part of the show

Correct

Attached: ty-lee-my-favorite.png (1422x1230, 784.06K)

Both are very sue

Yeah but she's likable, cute and not a screen hog, so it's fine.

It didn't work though. I liked the buddhist monk episode. Sokka's plan was a better way to end the series too.

She was until she got blood bending. Shit was dope when she was hunting the people she thought killed her mom.

Polynesian eskimos

yeah any of the episodes where they're just fucking about on adventures are kino, like that one where they go to fire nation school

season 1 she was shit at waterbending but then they turned her into a prodigy who had to teach Aang

The Azula/Zuko duel stole the finale, Aang/Ozai was lame as fuck.

This was incredibly dumb

Attached: images - 2022-04-26T163810.315.jpg (444x250, 15.15K)

Fuck Bryke. Korra as a whole sucked ass. That faggot was just the cherry on top.

Women aren't warriors. They're not tough. They're not strong. Why does (((Hollywood))) keep pushing this trope that women can't fight when it doesn't correlate with reality whatsoever?

>mary sue
If that's a codeword for "makes my dick extremely hard" then yes

Oh, come on, dude. You can't see what they were trying to do? Sure, she "lost" but what happened after that? Katarra lectures him about how her grandmother didn't want to marry him and that's why he's a woman hating incel. Then he decides to forgo all of his culture's traditions and values, which have been upheld for who knows how many centuries, in order to start teaching girl waterbenders. The whole thing is incredible transparent propaganda.