Build a character up over the course of six seasons

>Build a character up over the course of six seasons
>Showcase his struggle with trying to maintain a normal/criminal life. (Cartel and him working at his dad's auto-shop)
>Slowly apply pressure to the character over the course of the show by introducing elements that threaten his neutrality. (Hector and Gus).
>LOL WHO CARES LET HIM JUST SHOOT HIMSELF IN THE HEAD AT EP3 OF THE LAST SEASON.

Attached: Nacho_Varga_BCS_S5.png (258x387, 145.49K)

You got fucked subverted bro

BRAVO VINCE

Fuck off Salami, we had enough of your meltdown in the stream

if they kill him off this early it must mean there's way more important stuff coming in the next 10 episodes... right?...
...RIGHT?...
nachobros i cant believe how bad that CGI was. the music was trash, i expected something crawl space-esque. yikes.

Attached: 1650824332941.png (892x548, 523.5K)

just like this user said God i swear this stupid subvert your expectation came from that dogshit series game of throne

Unironically wrote themselves into a corner because they didn't want to kill off Lalo yet

I was salami lol, but the fact remains it was fucking stupid. I will never not be mad at this shit.

Actually that started with Watchmen and the “I’m not a comic book villain” line.
After that it was all deconstructions and subverting expectations.

what

Reference to the Yea Forums stream

which one

Brettygood maybe?

filtered

Can somebody explain to me how Nacho's suicide is at all fitting to his character and also fitting to the story overall?

Attached: 4c5ras4z77y21.jpg (1284x891, 388.43K)

yeah that cgi was horrible. What an unsatisfying death.

Its not

retards

EXPLAIN IT FAGGOT

ya im there i didnt see spam

The message they decided to go with is, "you can't get out of the cartel life once you're in it". So Nacho had to die, but at least he did it on his own terms.

I just knew season 6 wasn't going to stick the landing. Fucking hell, I have a really bad feeling about the rest of the season.
HOPEFULLY, it gets better.

Attached: file.png (718x717, 619.81K)

he wanted to protect his papa, being an hero was the only way to do it.

So... We don't like it?
Fuck it, I liked it.

Even if that were the case, is that really that worthy of a message to apply to a character that we've come to know for 6 seasons?

"once you're in the game, you're in"

forgot the accurate line, but coincidentally, its said by nacho in the previous season

i think im gonna wait with watching more until the break comes. watching 1 a week just blackpills me because right now i'm feeling underwhelmed with nachos death. they really treated his death like it was nothing. hoping the rest of the season is better than this. i gotta stew on this death for a bit.

Attached: 1650833422700.png (1366x768, 1.01M)

Were your expectations not for him to fucking die? The only subversion is that he did it himself.

ikr

i feel devastated and i dont even want to watch anymore bcs

i don't see how killing yourself makes you a hero, also an is only used if the following word starts with a vowel sound

Newfags aren't allowed in BCS threads :)

inb4 100 replies

Attached: 1634544460882.png (600x600, 170.43K)

what i'm gathering is that i'm not the only one that isn't devastated by this dumb ass poor writing death
it's that it's an incredibly stupid and unsatisfying death to a character. i understand that writing a prequel can be tricky, and for BCS to come as far as it has is entirely a miracle and every episode is all nay-sayers being proved wrong. with that in mind, Nacho's death was ultimately a stupidly easy way to kill off a character that unfortunately didn't make it past the BB cutting room floor. i think this is not only the worst episode of BCS, but a shining example of what not to do to characters that are a hell of a lot more interesting than "le cancer man" or "le stoic black chicken man". it's ironic that every side character in BB and BCS (Saul, Mike, Nacho, Jesse) is 10x more compelling to watch. at the end of the day, those big moments of "Say my name" and "S'all good man" only work if the rest of the story is a masterpiece, or close to it. I hope this is the only fluke writing arc in the entire BB/BCS universe, because this really is a low point in terms of giving proper meaning to your characters.

> woman moment

lyle is disappointed with you user. newfags out.

Attached: 1650391585244.jpg (483x635, 21.21K)

epic newfag moment

put me in the screencap! also, hi r/Yea Forums!!!

Seethe harder

>it's that it's an incredibly stupid and unsatisfying death to a character. i understand that writing a prequel can be tricky, and for BCS to come as far as it has is entirely a miracle and every episode is all nay-sayers being proved wrong. with that in mind, Nacho's death was ultimately a stupidly easy way to kill off a character that unfortunately didn't make it past the BB cutting room floor. i think this is not only the worst episode of BCS, but a shining example of what not to do to characters that are a hell of a lot more interesting than "le cancer man" or "le stoic black chicken man". it's ironic that every side character in BB and BCS (Saul, Mike, Nacho, Jesse) is 10x more compelling to watch. at the end of the day, those big moments of "Say my name" and "S'all good man" only work if the rest of the story is a masterpiece, or close to it. I hope this is the only fluke writing arc in the entire BB/BCS universe, because this really is a low point in terms of giving proper meaning to your characters.

mad

it's so tiresome

Where the fuck can I watch the new episode for free I'm a thirdworlder help this bro out

>going into the show with low expectations
>have no issues with this episode
Feels good to be based and not easily hyped up by commercials

Attached: FBcwTRtVEAM19go.jpg (2048x2048, 479.89K)

nacho is a boring character and im glad he's dead. he's been in the show since season 1 and has been dancing with death since he set up tuco. is four episodes dedicated to nacho's (s5e10, s6e1-3) death not enough for you? is this fresh pasta?

honestly my advice is to just wait and see. im so confused how they can treat nachos death like its nothing when we have 10 episodes left. i thought he would die but it'd be near the climax of the series. lets see how it all goes before judging. maybe we have far greater kino coming than we could've imagined.

Attached: 1650540926554.jpg (480x272, 10.76K)

did your ESL mothers allow you some "pc time" today? there's this website called r*ddit that might be more your speed, lads.

total fucking joke

mad

Fresh pasta would be much more funnier, lad. And more boring than "le epic black Chilean general" or "le awesome terminator cartel mexicans"?
This is what I'm hoping for, desu senpai. I'm hoping that it HEAVILY determines what happens next.
xD

Link to episode?

>And more boring than "le epic black Chilean general" or "le awesome terminator cartel mexicans"?
no, but they don't get as much screen time as le angsty stoic daddy's boy.

I concur. This death fucking sucked, and it was for "LE HECKING SUBVERT YOUR EXPECTATIONERINOS." I'm really beginning to believe the posters that said that this show died with Chuck. It literally morphed from a novel-tier show, up until season 4 where it went to boring cartel shit and the amateur film student sort of shit we saw in Breaking Bad.

Attached: 1624554898383.png (846x776, 415.34K)

Get the fuck out newfag, christ. You need to LURK for 2 more years.

Attached: obi wan drink.jpg (486x431, 57.23K)

there were no indications that was the case tho.

>Think about picking the show up again
>See this thread
Thanks for saving me 50+ hours fren

Vince talks a lot about believing in a poetic/karmic judgement, despite not actually being religious. Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are shows about bad choices and their consequences. Nacho is involved with some truly horrible people and gets swept deeper and deeper into the world they inhabit. What initially starts out as little choices (e.g. buying drugs from Pryce behind Tuco's back) compounds until they take a life of their own. By the time Gus comes to own him, his situation has already snowballed well beyond his control, and his judgement (death) has been signed and sealed. Practically speaking, his death is a karmic judgement -- but at the same time, as Nacho loses more and more agency, we also get to see the purity of his priorities as he's pushed. Especially compared to the absolute psychopaths we see him surrounded by, Nacho retains his soul through to the end. This in itself also warrants a karmic judgement of its own, and although it's not enough to overturn his death sentence, it is enough to buy the life of his father.

Gus (along with Tyrus) will be blown up by the man he hates most. Viktor will have his throat slit to prove a point. The twins will be killed by the DEA. Bolsa will be gunned down by the man he refused to suspect. Hector will die a cripple and the last of his beloved family. Mike will be pointlessly murdered and his family denied all the money he earned. But Nacho will at least be rewarded the survival of his father. That's Vince's karmic judgement.

Attached: file.png (1165x586, 868.87K)

KINO KINO KINO

>Bolsa will be gunned down by the man he refused to suspect.
god Bolsa is such a retard. even when the cartel is unraveling in Gus' favor he's just like
>uh Gus I suspect you may not be on the level

Based and Vincepilled. Those criticizing his death in this episode are just seething.

>This filters the brainlets and they will lash out at you

I was honestly holding out hope thatd he would start a new life with the help of the vaccum guy at the end but I guess that would just be a rehash of El Camino

actually kino good post

Attached: FROlwDtVgAAsFG6.jpg (1080x1001, 250.55K)

>Kills himself to give them no reason to go after his father, and because it's the only way he can exit the cartel on his own terms
>WHY DID HE DO IT MAKES NO SENSE DURRRRR

i dont think anybody is mad he died, just the way it happened and this easily on was... yikes.

>.. yikes
tranny post

>and this early on****

Attached: 1650361738470.jpg (1140x1140, 102.42K)

how do people this stupid exist in day to day life? seriously?
>there were no indications that Nacho wanted to protect his papa
>there were no indications that this was the only way to protect his papa
to believe either of these you have to be fully retarded or literally just started watching the show with this episode. jesus christ.

good post

@167108430
not falling for this one

Attached: No Half Measures.jpg (4096x4096, 2.89M)

I understand the themes and the reason why he died but it happened three episodes into a show with zero build-ups. It wasted so much time getting to this point and the poignancy of it didn't hit even if it was fundamentally built on a solid foundation. It had horrible execution through and through and his character ultimately did nothing for the overall story of better call saul.

i'm a 300 pound 6'3 nordic male bull. cope harder faggot.

Attached: 1650660596324.png (962x547, 628.3K)