Everything, Everywhere, All at Once

Just came back from this and liked it very much. Thoughts?

It really reminded me of the anime Tatami Galaxy which was a nice surprise since it's my favorite anime ever

Attached: 95786_2_large.jpg (540x800, 247.24K)

I seriously encourage everyone who liked the concept and themes of this to watch tatami galaxy

Except it's about a pseudoincel introverted college overthinker loser

Attached: m2xlTAq.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

bump

bump
talk to me I'm lonely

I loved it. Michelle Yeoh is great. The dad was a sweetheart and I liked seeing James Hong still get active. The editing was tight and I liked how the movie played with aspect ratios depending on what "universe" we were looking at. The message was sweet and I love stories that mix metaphor with the physical like it did. Bagel.

The humor becomes too much halfway through, but theres still an undeniable amount of heart in the movie, so it works out in the end.

Tatami Galaxy is way, way better than this movie. Cynical Russo brothers Marvel-derivative cash-grab pretending to be clever. Normiebait babby's first sci-fi comedy. Pseudo- intellectual philosophy for high schoolers. Tied in a nice bow of zeitgeist-approved woke preaching.

Whats the buttplug scene ive heard about, sounds interesting.

You want to try fitting any more buzzwords into that post faggot?

I went in ready to like it, but I was blown away. Fantastic movie.
It's hilarious how it mogs Doctor Strange in multiverse shenanigans, mogs Turning Red in mother-daughter friction, and mogs Jackass Forever in crude slapstick

The only thing I disliked was the maudlin sentimentality. I swear at one point they had sappy feel-good nonsense for 30 minutes nonstop.

Nice counter-argument, plebeian.

And your argument is filling a post with buzzwords.

Michelle Yeoh fights a man while they both grapple for a buttplug shaped IRS trophy that they want to stick up their ass to unlock more powerful kung fu powers.

I didn't think it was sappy. I thought it was vearty heartfelt.

I loved it and recommend it to everyone. The loser contrarians that live with hate in their soul will call it "reddit". Its not talked about here at all. Guess we need to wait for the HD rip for Yea Forums to watch it on their laptop

You realize the irony of what you’re saying, right? You’re literally using the word “buzzword” as a buzzword to avoid confronting what I’m actually saying about the movie. Truth hurts, retard.

>dildo butt plug BDSM movie
>thesis is "nothing matters"
>people who don't like this are just "contrarians"

She also fights two guys with stuff lodged in their asses. Real juvenile slapstick humor if that's your thing.

I was going to make a thread about how it's got no threads about it and about not being surprised considering it's an actual good movie so of course this stupid board is not going to talk about it. The faggots here would rather talk about the same fucking horrible shitty capeshit movies and spam their stupid regurgitated memes and stupid race arguments that go nowhere 24/7

why is this shilled to such an extreme amount, I swear most movies arent pushed this hard on this site

The thesis is actually that "nothing matters but you should still be a nice person and love your family anyway." I don't quite like that message either but whatever

What are you saying about the movie besides just spouting buzzwords give me actual reasons why this movie is bad because you were literally the only retard in this thread saying anything negative about it. Nothing of what you said was actually even accurate so elaborate with actual words and talk like a fucking person

i think most people who watched this don't even know its russo-brothers adjacent. the "message" is so bad

The message is the complete opposite. The daughter is the one giving in to nihilistic despair and it's the mother who fights to keep them together and discovers a renewed sense of living

>Nothing matters
Congratulations on outing yourself as the retard you did not actually pay attention to the movies message. Retards like you are the exact reason why we keep getting the regurgitated shit that gets put in the theaters 24/7 these days

You haven't actually said anything about the movie, you've just been spouting Yea Forums shorthand for "thing bad". Even if you had made a point, you still wouldn't deserve a point-for-point rebuttal. You should be grateful you got anything more than "kys"

>"nothing matters but you should still be a nice person and love your family anyway."
what a retarded useless message. i dont need some nihilist multiverse movie to tell me to not be rude to people

you say this about every fucking movie HOLY SHIT
Can people talk about movies on a fucking movie board?!?!?!?!
I'm making 15 Doctor Strange threads the second it comes out without even watching it

This is the first threat about it I've seen in probably three days what the fuck are you talking about

>be rude and hateful online 24/7
I have a hard time believing you're a genuinely good person

its literally "optimistic nihilism" and the directors have basically said as much but earn your paycheck shills

literally a chinese episode of rick and morty. The only good thing about it is my boy Data killing it after taking so many years off from acting.

I wanted to like it and I respect it for its attempt to do something unique but it didn't quite work for me. It's a really good concept/broad script hampered by being filtered through the aesthetic sensibilities of two directors who are doing the numale face in their IMDB photos. Not surprising that the trappings of capeshit are all over it given that it was produced by the Russos. Most of the good stylistic moments were in moments clearly meant to pastiche other works. I think if the broad story and message were handled by a director(s) with stronger visual style and a less reddit-ty comedic sensibility (Ratatouille, hot dog fingers, dildo fight, etc.) it could have been the classic that everyone on letterboxd seems to have seen, but unfortunately it really didn't work for me.
It's frustrating because I really wanted to love it, and there are aspects that are really cool and audacious and resonant, but the flaws, particularly how high the directors clearly were on a really tired, played out type of quirkiness, really dragged it down for me.

yes you know everything about me now sorry i forgot

I never said otherwise? I still dislike the message of the movie but it's not a pessimistic film. It is cowardly though

Good movies are few and far between these days, let alone any movie that isn't part of an existing franchise. Besides, this is the only thread I've seen about it in 48 hours.

paid shills and bots are in full force for this movie

There are others ITT talking shit about it and most threads about this movie here have been very negative, because the movie is stupid. It’s packed with low-effort quips like a Marvel movie. The “philosophy” is literally entry-level existentialism that most people move past by the time they’re 17, which is embarrassing to watch as an adult. The sci-fi elements are insultingly generic and juvenile, the same old multi-verse trope that has been done to death in the last half a decade. The slapstick is extremely infantile, as is most of the shock humor. The politics are sterile and cynical. The actual fight scenes were genuinely great, I’ll give it that, but everything else was extremely grating and by the end I couldn’t wait for it to be over. I could tell something was wrong as I was watching, and seeing the Russo brothers in the credits just confirmed it: this is “avant-garde” cinema for the Marvel masses, the kind of person who thinks liking Pulp Fiction, Fight Club and The Godfather means they’re fans of film.

this is the first thread ive seen about it here..?? Holy schizo, meds NOW

>muh shills
Rent fucking free.

>167102409
There you go again, being rude.

can anyone fill me in on more of this tatami galaxy anime? What does op mean by comparing the two?
I've never watched anime outside of the childhood naruto, dbz, death note.. Is this one different and more "grown up", should someone who hates anime watch it?

Shill it to me please, i'm intrigued

The worst fucking part is that if you swapped the Chinese woman with Dr. Strange, this movie would be all this dumb ass website would be talking about and it would have a billion dollars in box office dollars.

It’s really hard to hate on Hollywood executives that finance the derivative garbage that gets pumped out these days when audiences regularly prove time and time again that they have no interest in seeing original, risk-taking films.

the world exists outside your bubble of influence m8

the humor is insanely bad and people don't talk about that aspect enough

you just need to say you are browsing 24/7 loser

There you go retard was it that fucking hard to actually use words there you go

its relatable if you ever had the thought "well what if i did xyz instead, how would my life have turned out" and are paralyzed by indecision

It’s a multiverse thing about a kid going to college who finds certain elements of his life inescapable even if he made choices that almost totally changed the rest of his life. The art and writing are top-tier, filled with emotional potency and fantastic humor, really thoughtful and deep. A LOT of dialogue that moves extremely quickly though so it’s not for everyone, and there isn’t any action or anything. 10/10 for me personally, where this movie OP is talking about it like a 6

or you can just accept that this movie has been out for a while and people have been making threads about it when you're not looking. You know, acting retarded is no different from being retarded m8

Agreed. The visual style there but the underlying mechanisms in the story are badly done. It works ok at a general level but it's the details that matter which provide depth. This will be forgotten soon.

You’re the exact type of jaded nerd this movie dabbed on really hard, so I understand why you weren’t a fan. I hope one day in the future with some time to settle you can come back and appreciate it anew.

its really weird how fans of this movie talk about anyone who dislikes it for valid reasons

so would you say you see where op is coming from? Would you make the same correlation?
I liked this movie so I'd go in tatami based only on this post

I don’t like shit movies, user. There are plenty of films I absolutely love, even recent ones. This one was tailor-made to cater to and bait pseudo-intellectual entry-level film hipsters like you. I may have loved this movie if I saw it in high school or something but I’m an adult man and this movie is beneath my tastes, I’m sorry.

tatami galaxy has a similar concept but is really different from this movie in almost every other way

Anyone that ignores or glosses over how poorly the themes are set up in this film are completely blinded by feeling emotion in a movie for the first time in a decade. The ending works because there is so much happening, 10/10 acting, emotional editing and music, but in reality the connection the ending themes and emotions have to the beginning of the film are extremely thin. The beginning is a complete waste of space when you consider the potential of what they could have set up with the characters and arcs. It's just objectively a 6/10 movie with 11/10 technical execution.

Attached: 1200A3F1-93F2-4242-A3BD-8122AB065D43.jpg (720x751, 90.49K)

Great film but comparing it to anime is stupid and your fucking gay for liking chink cartoons

I was shaking in anger in my seat at the sheer kitschy redditcore wannabe arthouse pretension this attention-deficit rainbow slop BEGGED and INSISTED out of the screen like a marvel soiboy standing in front of you with a megaphone. I just couldn't take it anymore when they brought in the LE HECKIN' EVERYTHING BAGEL *holds up spork*. I immediately got out of my seat and went to the bathroom and unleashed punches of rage and anger into the paper towel dispenser, tears streaming down my face at how dishonest this cinematic garbage is. My hands all bruised and I can't feel the tip of my pinky.

I hate Chinese people so much it’s insane I wish we could go back to all white movies

Post your five favorite movies.

Attached: 1646512564755.jpg (443x399, 12.3K)

>Yea Forums in shambles because the movie had a lesbian
never change

movie could have been great if the two main female leads weren't shit actors.

Unbelievably fucking based holy shit

I’ve been browsing Yea Forums for a very long time, kiddo. I’m not falling for that old trap. I’ll just say, I saw a newly released movie in theaters a few weeks ago that I would give an easy 9.5/10, whereas this movie is a 6 at best.

how is that your takeaway? are you well?