Started watching the expanse a while back

>started watching the expanse a while back
>realizing i'm late to the party i vigilantly avoid spoilers and news about the show
>downloaded all seasons up to season 6 which had recently finished
>getting really into it, finished season 6 yesterday
>thought season 5 and 6 were quite weak, but the last episode of season 6 showed promise. i wonder what's going to happen with laconia, what's going on with the protomolecule in the sky? some sort of ship?
>looking for season 7 but can't find anything
>hm that's odd

...that's it? no season 7? i actually have to read the books now?

beezooooooos

Attached: the-expanse-s5-recap.jpg (1400x700, 191.75K)

Yes. They're still hoping to get bought by yet another network but lets be serious, it's not happening.

Also
>He missed /teg/

Attached: gas every belter.jpg (425x724, 144.05K)

The left it open for a spinoff, the main shit's done.

I turned this off literally a minute I to the first episode. Why did they open with the most dogshit CGI known to man?

i actually filtered it lol
i'll probably just read the synopsis of the last few books instead 2bh

holden sacrifices himself and shuts down space. your welcome

first season had low budget i guess, it ramps up

lol, the red ending from mass effect? based!

I like dramas though. Why not just have a guy dressed up as dead, or cut the shot?

Holden dies
Amos dies but comes back as a zombie
Bobbie dies
Avasarala dies
Zombie Amos dies but comes back as a super zombie
Duarte dies
Hoss lives (probably)

The last season was the death knell, it's ogre

Attached: expanse protomeme.jpg (480x477, 39.13K)

Season 6 was omegashit, it has a total of like 3 minutes of footage worth looking at. And frankly the best way to go about the expanse is to watch seasons 1-3 and then read the books. 4-6 are disappointing.

> Google this characters first name
> Kek heartily at this line

The show went on a slow and noticeable decline ever since it moved to amazon

it would be a lot better if they made marco likeable and a better person. i just wanted him to die asap because he was so annoying, which isn't very interesting.

I've read the last 3 books after S6 and it was quite good. Having most characters and design in mind it made it a good and quick read.

Netflix will literally buy anything

doors & corners kid

Attached: julie-mao-and-miller.jpg (1280x716, 97.86K)

hmm maybe i can do some of the later books when i finish urth
kinda curious now to read what happens on

Marcos should have been a collateral survivor from a precedent Earth attack or whatever.
His anger against Earth looks like a construct for political purpose.

Attached: weakest motive.jpg (474x266, 19.18K)

yea read the books. the books have a 30 year time skip at the point where the show ends, nothing happens until laconia builds up its power. the final 3 books are about laconia and the leader of laconia duarte

just read the books, they are never going to make more seasons of this show and the final 3 books are much better than the marco inaros arc

ehh you can kinda of do this i guess, but a lot of the characters are very different in the books. but i guess by the time the 7th book hits, all the characters are very different anyway because its a 30 year time skip

Attached: millerwaife.jpg (723x807, 79.84K)

The books are great, get the audiobooks to listen to.

>Alex lives
He does. He takes the Roci through the ring gate to find his son and grandson. Picks up some stragglers along the way.

full spoilers

holden injects himself with protomolecule because he's trying to get back into the ring station, miller comes back to open it for him, they go in there with duartes daughter and basically a laconian version of bobbie, bitch is crazy. holden and miller bant the whole time. the not-bobbie takes out duarte who is attached to the station like julie was with eros. holden attaches himself to the station, tells everyone in the ring space to leave. they do. alex takes the roci to a system where is son and grandson are. amos is a protomolecule zombie like the kid during those laconia segments in the show. amos and naomi head to earth on okoye's ship (science lady from ilus). holden sacrifices himself and blows up the ring space because the ring entities can't be held back any longer. the ring system/proto tech is using stolen energy from some other universe where the ring entities live, the ring entities are just trying to protect their universe. skip forward 1000 years and humans from some unknown system (probably laconia) have developed 'skip drives' that skip through the other universe and they can travel around fast to different star systems. they come to earth, land near an old ancient city that is sort of ruinous, and amos greets them.

I know Shitflicks is bleeding money daily, but aren't they downsizing now?

netflix passed on the expanse the first time it got cancelled, they arent picking it up, they're going broke now anyway. no one is going to pick this show up its done

Attached: drummercute.gif (255x500, 1.22M)

>we need a secondary antagonist who's a psychopathic white guy without too many expressions.

Season 5 was easily the worst. Made that ugly fucking negress the main character.

I WANT A CUTE BELTER GF

Attached: 1642744426020.jpg (573x738, 40.14K)

high key want that neck tat

Everything past season 3 was trash. I'm glad the show is dead now.

I figure main show is done but maybe a laconia empire spinoff?

please fuck make it a cartoon

Attached: exp_miller.jpg (1920x1280, 174.2K)

Is that the end of the books? I thought they still had one or two more to write.

best girl coming through

Attached: fefe.jpg (595x647, 23.46K)

booba

Why was this the case?

I agree season 4 onwards weren't as interesting as what came before. They moved to Amazon... Did Amazon fuck things up?

yes thats the end of the series, i think they released one more novella after it. i actually havent read any of the novellas, im waiting for them all to be released so i can plow through them

Attached: drummerclap.gif (327x500, 3.79M)

Rememba dat da Cant wuz an inside job by Inners ta control da Belt! Why else would James Holden AN EARTHER, be flying a MARTIAN GUNSHIP? Wake up beltalowda!

season 4 was fine, everyone hates it because it feels like a side plot to the main story but that isn't the point of it. a big point of the series is how humans can't help but do the same shit over and over again, and thats what ilus was, a new frontier like the old west, and thats basically what the story is, a western like a fistful of dollars or rio bravo told on an alien planet

REMEMBAH DA CANT

I think it's also implied that the Ring Worms aren't even really aware of what they're doing. Also that the Ring Builders didn't even go extinct, their entire civilization is just quarantined in the giant diamond right now. Some guy on the other place even worked out their entire history including strong theories for how they evolved (as a slow life race parasitising fast life races, then evolving as rich light-based entities communicating at speed of light level enhanced by their slow zone to go "through" the Worm universe, and the protomolecule evolving/changing Laconians and so on that we see is part of attempts by the Builders to download their light-based consciousness/"software" into a human meatsuit/"new hardware").

R.I.P M.C.R.N Donnager.

Fuck your cant.

fucking duster

Because it is

Save yourself the poz and just watch a compilation of all the spess battles. By far the best part of The Expanse.

yea thats what the protomolecule was doing to durate, it was using him to hive mind everyone and reboot their civilization. every step along the way thats what the protomolecule was trying to accomplish. by the end of their civilization they most certainly weren't those slugs, they most like evolved way beyond that into some type of quantum whatever thing, they most likely didn't even need physical bodies by that point. that diamond might not even be a backup of their civilization, it might literally be them just cut off from everything

she as hella thicc, knowhatmsayin

They weren't all the way at quantum, the problem was that they were at the wall of the other universe. Given time they may have been able to evolve their way into that too, like a tick digging its way through the gaps of reality to find succulent juicy light.

>damn i can't WAIT for anderson dawes to really shine now with the opa growing, hope he gets more screentime!
>bla bla bla bla anderson dawes is dead bla bla bla

uh, oh

Attached: tfwywnpiawc.jpg (947x828, 105.68K)

jared harris was probably too expensive to bring back. him and thomas jane were the two big names that gave the show some weight, everyone else other than cutty from the wire and avasarala were kinda no names

i miss this lil nigga like you wouldn't beleive

Attached: real bosmang.jpg (558x625, 41.99K)

miller has good taste

p sure he wanted to come back
but caught up in other stuff (foundation)

>real bossmang
oye

Attached: Klaes_Ashford_-_Expanse_season_4_promotional_2.png (1000x750, 852.64K)

i'm norwegian, i watched all 6 seasons of this without realizing the opening theme was supposedly norwegian
however i looked up the lyrics and it's basically all gibberish lmao
sounds good though