Why are zoomers calling Patrick Bateman a "sigma male" now? The guy's a fucking loser...

Why are zoomers calling Patrick Bateman a "sigma male" now? The guy's a fucking loser, I thought that was the entire point of the movie

Attached: American-Psycho.jpg (700x500, 44.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

schizophrenia is trendy now

Zoomers worship hedonism

sigma nuts

he was a girlboss

he kills hobos, he doesn't fuck them.

It's ironic you dumb fuck

Post yourself doing 1000 stomach crunches right now.

Are millennials ni cap this autistic?
S mh and shaking my head flam fr.

Because the superficial image-obsessed culture that American Psycho was satirizing has only intensified to the point where appearances are all that matters.
Yuppies seem pretty tame compared to influencers.

This. Zoomies are dumber than 1980s glamniggers.

I'm Into Murders and Executions mostly

Attached: apustaja_bateman.png (741x667, 412.19K)

>Fit
>Rich
>Kills Women

that's what he wants you to think

because of millennial groomers

Can someone explain this out of touch boomer what a sigma male is? We're just going through the greek alphabet or what?

What has always been called a lone wolf. Of course if someone calls himself that it's pretty fucking cringe, so they came up with that shit instead.

My dream.

Ah, so coping for creepy loners. Got it.

Most people don't understand that in general psychos are losers because they're used to movies, which is what the book plays off. Pat Bateman is an actual psycho, stuck in his own fantasy world which slowly degrades as the story goes on to the point that he's just plain lost all touch with reality.

Same.

he's a chegma
as in chegma dubs bitch

Attached: 1637972361447.gif (200x317, 891.68K)

Because these weird zoomers can't differentiate between 80s work culture and the "Rise and Grind" Twitter posts.

Exactly, he couldn't even get a reservation at Dorsia

Pathetic.

Well, we have to end apartheid for one. And slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless, and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women. We have to encourage a return to traditional moral values. Most importantly, we have to promote general social concern and less materialism in young people. Post this on twitter and watch the normies eat that shit up.

I just finished watching American Psycho. I expected something different, but I guess deep down I knew exactly what I was going to get. Patrick Bateman is a fucking loser. He's a delusional shizo. He's like an edgy teen, who thinks he's a psychopath. He isn't a Chad. He doesn't have the gut to go through with it any of his violent fantasies. He's a kid aggressively trying to daydream his fantasies into existence, while trying to isolate himself from the outside world. That outside world, the other characters, repeatedly forget who he even is and often call him a loser to his face, because he comes across as weirdly unhinged sometimes. He's a pseudo-intellectual with imagined taste.

No wonder he appeals so much to the average Yea Forums user.

Attached: jodie.gif (320x240, 1.58M)

how is he a loser?

Bateman couldn't be further from what people call a sigma male. He's onsessed with status and appearances, and always has to say the right things. He has no genuine passion or motivation beyond violence and furtively concealing that violence. Like many patholofical serial killers, Bateman is a textbook BETA.
Betaman.

People still think Patrick Bateman is meant to be a cool guy
People still think Tyler Durden is meant to be a cool guy
People still think Rorscharch is meant to be a cool guy
People still think Heisenberg is meant to be a cool guy (And to be fair, by the end of the series, he was meant to be one)

In general, every time a movie or TV show has a protagonist that is meant to be a piece of shit, there will always be a way higher than normal amount of people that get on their side. The "protagonist has to be the hero" thing is real. It's the same kind of retardation, but on the other side, as when a movie about a piece of shit gets made and people automatically seethe at it before the movie is even out because they think it's trying to paint him as a good guy.

Alphas are chads socialskill, no fucks given
Betas are soiboys/lowers/etc
Sigmas are chads but no as social skill and outcasts with an aggressive edge

files catbox.moe/5r8cz4.mp4

bateman simps are pathetic and always have been

No one goes there anymore

He was a loser but "murders and executions" is a keeper.

Thesis
>Bateman cool, funny, meme God

Antithesis
>Bateman lame, beta, loser, uncool

The Yea Forums Complex

zoomers have absolutely no concept of "selling out" and so view being a soulless corporate husk with no personality as an ambition.

My digits say otherwise

FUCKING REPLY TO MY POST
I didn't write it just to be ignored:

Attached: FQjGhbpX0AgVPcj.jfif.jpg (1600x1066, 313.41K)

>He's like an edgy teen, who thinks he's a psychopath.

That's literally what the vast majority of people with psychopathy are actually like.

cringe

Nice digits, Markus

Yeah this is where women’s television is incredible redpilled with shows like Love After Lockup where you see the average sociopath is a dumbass impulsive asshole that acts like a 15 year old SoundCloud rapper even well into their 40s and their average victim is somebody unbelievably desperate that will ignore literally every conceivable red flag to preserve their delusional fantasy world they’ve created around this person

As long as you are handsome and hate women you're based

Attached: 1645308897640.gif (200x200, 681.53K)

Filtered.

It's important to keep in mind two things a lot of the fans of American Psycho here forget and or never seem to get. The first being all the violence is his delusions because you're seeing everything from his perspective. To everyone else he's just an insecure douche. The second is it's a fucking comedy.
If you liked the movie, read the book and Ellis's other works

ligma balls faggot

Attached: 1642429927220.gif (596x250, 1.67M)

if you watched American Psycho and relate with Patrick Bateman to the point where you idolize him, you literally missed the whole point of the movie

>The first being all the violence is his delusions

Well, you got the first thing wrong champ.

So?

Attached: 1648111746054.jpg (500x500, 29.2K)

he replied in your thread what is the difference?

Attached: 1648599655726.jpg (900x900, 55.89K)

>NOOOOOOOOOOO HE'S A BAD PERSON, YOU CAN'T JUST MIMIC HIM

Attached: FPY3FqmXEAQE2Wx.jpg (828x718, 54.91K)

You think it’s badass but it’s choosing to be the butt of the joke

Rorschach actually is the hero though, Alan Moore just says he isn't because of his own gay political beliefs.

You just don't get it.

Attached: 1632654386971.png (512x512, 33.21K)

he kinda is a loser, but he's really a psychopath and probably has killed several people, anyways all these things don't matter. You fucking missed the point dude next time try to pay attention instead of coming up with sassy posts like this

you forgot to mention Tony Soprano.

but is right. Rorscharch is the hero, the rest wanted to keep it a secret.

Attached: 440475C4-158F-4E30-89DA-955B94FC1EC6.png (825x550, 565.48K)

No, I did not. Read the book, it's more clear. Bateman doesn't actually kill anyone.

He's a child's idea of a hero who is as hypocritical as they come. Not caring about The Comedian committing rape because he saves lives but not being able to understand that Ozymandias saved more lives than he took.

Tyler Durden is not a cool guy, he's a real man, that's all.

We all wanna be our own Tyler Durdens

Tyler is a childish asshole who seeks to destroy the world for everyone else because he can't take the responsibility to find meaning in life any other way.

No, ozy just delayed the inevitable by committing a terrific genocide. And rawshack may have fucked the plan anyway with his journal. Rawshack was the hero, ozy was the villain.

My greatgreat grandad was a royal executioner, he didn’t love it or hate it, it was just a job to end peoples lives, people except my greatgreat grandma avoiding him like the plague, killing doesn’t have to be dramatic.

>rich
>handsome
>fucks hot women
>spends all his evenings at trendy restaurants and nightspots
how the fuck is he a loser?

*Gen-Xers

>scummy investment banker or some shit
>he do be lookin fine, I admit
>fucks degenerate whores
>wastes his ill-gotten money at extremely-overpriced jewish goytraps
>turbo edgy psychopath fantasies
I dunno, user, it's a mystery.