Main complaint about the film is that Batman was too emo and incompetent

>Main complaint about the film is that Batman was too emo and incompetent

How do people get filtered this easily? Him being a sheltered spoiled manchild lashing out was literally the point of the film. He didn't learn how to be a hero until the end. It was a great take on the character.

Attached: thebatman.png (479x600, 252.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xvclsVaQ4zM
youtu.be/YpiLQfnWAs0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>makes debris fall on the people in the arena.

It's amazing that nowhere in this THREE HOUR movie was a single memorable scene or character. I wanted to wring the screenwriter's neck every time I heard "al rata alada" or "vengeance" or heard Ave Maria.

What we really need right now is a new take on Batman. How about a gay black Batman?

Who is also a crippled transwoman?

stop watching capeshit already. grow up

The whole "I am vengeance" has a thematic payoff though, at the end one of the Riddler's goons used the line himself, implying he was mocking Batman or maybe even inspired by him.

He does this before realizing his whole vengeance shtick turns him into a villain rather than a hero.

Car chase scene, night club fight scene, escape from police station, final Madison square garden showdown

People will say they want a story with young Batman making mistakes and learning, then complain when they get it. You know what the problem is, that nobody explicitly looked directly at the camera and said 'wow Bruce you are RRRREEEAAALLLY new to this!' like a Marvel film would have. Dumb movie goers need to be spoonfed.

I don't think you know what thematic payoff is. It's not a literal callback.

>grow up
grown adults do what they want when they want bitch

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS IS NOT HOW THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO GO

This

Batman's first narration scene was memorable. First time breaking in to the Iceberg Lounge was memorable

>He didn't learn how to be a hero until the end
what are you talking about, he was lashing out the riddler in custody in the end, his character didn't develop at all throughout the whole movie

>I don't think you know what thematic payoff is. It's not a literal callback.

It shows how the Riddler and his lackeys ultimately follow the same mindset Batman does, only he doesn't kill people. It's one of the thing that makes him realize he needs to change.

Not that user, but all of those scenes have been already done in other movies and better. Especially the fight choreography in those scenes felt slow and sloppy (not in the realistic and gritty way but in a badly rehearsed way).

Yea. One of the reasons I appreciated Snyder kinos was because the characters had meaningful flaws and made mistakes (not just hur dur I'm arrogant, I need to be humble bulshit that marvel loves). The Batman felt like that, as well, a movie where The Batman made critical errors due to his own hubris.

All those scenes are just the same hyperactive schlock you get from any action movie nowadays. Half of it could have been lifted straight from a John Wick picture. Don't even get me started on that preposterous nonsense at the end where the Riddler fanboy army assembles in their matching septic tankdiver outfits and opens fire on a packed crowd killing ZERO people.

There's a whole other list of grievances to be had with this film. I thought the Bruce/Alfred relationship presented was probably the worst, most halfassed version of it ever depicted. A far cry from what was in the Nolan films.

Snyderbros.... not like this...

Attached: Capture4.png (982x1536, 1.06M)

A callback can obviously be a payoff, what are you talking about? Better Call Saul’s payoffs are literally all Breaking Bad callbacks

>white privilege assholes

You asked for a memorable scene and you got them. No I don’t care you’re another person. Learn to follow a convo.

>his character didn't develop at all throughout the whole movie

He quite literally spells it out with the narration at the end that he needs to inspire hope and not just fear.

>A far cry from what was in the Nolan films
Lol

None of those were as memorable as they showed in the trailers. Like the car chase turned out to be boring as fuck with Penguin stuck in traffid half the time and yelling for people to go move already. You barely even saw what Batman was doing until the very end where he hops out of the fire.

Like fucking hell, we know you're bull of bullshit when you say anything from the last 40 mins was memorable. It was the worst part and felt completely shoehorned. The balloon had deflated at that point and Reeves is a terrible story teller that needed another hour to make give Batman his only W of the movie.

Hahaha get fucked Hack Snyder. The Batman is better than anything he ever shat out.

Who asked for this much seethe n cope?

>before realizing his whole vengeance shtick turns him into a villain rather than a hero.
so that makes him being responsible for the deaths of dozens of civilians ok? I guess I can also get away with vehicular manslaughter then, as long as I realize that drunk driving isn't ok. and what does that even mean anyways? is he going to stop being batman? I don't think so. sounds like an empty platitude to me.

Attached: 1623518701702.jpg (228x221, 9.74K)

It's not ok, which is why he changes. BatMan is not The Shadow, he's riddled with flaws that he works through to become a man like The Shadow (but lamer).

>It's not ok, which is why he changes.
then he should turn himslef in and serve his time.

That's what's wrong with Reeves Batman, Reeves just tells you, none of that shit ever felt like he was building towards anything, or even earns it. It was forced as fuck at the end. Nolan picked an idea of fear to build around in Begins and Begins was much more tight and focused than The Batman ever was. The movie simply didn't need 3 hours. It's an unfocused mess that tries to force in as much "lore" as possible for the sake of HBOmax spinoffs. People that love The Batman so much are no different from MCUfags. They're impressed by seeing stupid facts like Selina being Falcone's daughter and think that makes a good film - muh references.

>"You asked for a memorabke scene"
>Clearly stated that I'm not that user...
Besides, nothing about those scenes is memorabke, they are just your Cookie Cutter Scenes you need in any modern Action Flick

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
you reap what you sow

Attached: batmanguns2.jpg (480x480, 95.49K)

Mostly everyone who has seen this cape shit thinks Cat Woman was the better character. She had real motivations, she made mistakes and most importantly her character arc had a beginning and an end. If you’re going to make a three hour long movie about a young Batman making mistakes and learning then maybe you should put that in the film.

>You asked for a memorable scene and you got them, bloody bitch!

Attached: istockphoto-902793548-612x612.jpg (612x408, 24.01K)

Batman does look directly at the camera a ton to be fair. A lot of wasted time of him just silently staring at stuff because they think it really sets the mood or something.

>'wow Bruce you are RRRREEEAAALLLY new to this!'
>literally year two

>because they think it really sets the mood or something.
It does. Pattinson conveys a lot just through his nonverbal acting.

best superhero film since spiderman 2

>he's....le emo!
Why the fuck do NPCs keep saying this? He's not all whiny, he just has something to say and then says it, without marvel tier quips. Even if he was emo, it's fucking Batman. Just cant handle him not being an average reddit user and responding in quips I think

Attached: 1645064470406.jpg (829x1024, 108.34K)

>WAAAA YOURE NOT MY FUCKING DAD ALFRED
And he's probably the worst Bruce Wayne ever put to screen.

When will we get the Snyder cut of The Batman for comparison?

He's really not his dad though.

>beginning of the movie Batman talks about how he is vengeance and doesn't know if he's making a difference
>realizes that the Riddler and his lackeys are motivated by vengeance like he is
>realizes that he has to become something people can believe in after high profile officials were exposed and the city was nearly destroyed

how the fuck did you get filtered so hard by capeshit?

Nah, that's Batfleck.
>DO YOU BLEED????

oh ok my bad, I literally skipped through the last 10 minutes I was already bored out of my mind

It's amazing how much this board hates this film due to a single line of dialogue
Like it or not, Batman gliding into a bus at 40 miles an hour and Riddler's sperg out will be memorable

And Bruce shouldn't be acting like a 16 year old at his age with that bullshit.

Nah. Ben Affleck actually felt like a worn down Bruce Wayne. His scene highlighting Batman's paranoia is probably more on par with comic Bruce than anything Pattinson's Bruce displayed. Really Pattinson's Bruce was horrific. It was like it was made specifically for zoomies.

Paul Dano was a tragic miscast and delivered a rare, un-classic performance. His version of the Riddler as a deranged and tantrum-throwing Twitch streamer resulted in the worst version of the character to date. Whose idea was it to turn him into some halfbaked Zodiac killer without any of the flair or comic bombast of Jim Carrey's Riddler, or Frank Gorshin in the Adam West run, or the Animated Series Riddler. What this lightless, emo movie desperately needed was a solid dose of neon, shamrock green question marks.

>And Bruce shouldn't be acting like a 16 year old at his age with that bullshit.
Do you realise how annoying it is when your fucking butler trying to give your advices? like stfu and clean dust or something

>His scene highlighting Batman's paranoia is probably more on par with comic Bruce than anything Pattinson's Bruce displayed. Really Pattinson's Bruce was horrific
I thoroughly disagree but you do you I guess

>Implying Dano's performance wasn't cringekino

He knew exactly what he was doing.

>some faggot retard emo
Thats cool but it isn't Batman.

cause he is an emo little shit, but I get it, most zoomers were too young to remember how lame they were

by falling asleep in the middle of it, it's boring

People don’t like their capeshit to have any nuance, this is a generation that has been fed the line “superheroes=good!” for years now. Present them with a Batman whose motivations are askew and whose approach is inspiring criminals to commit further crime and they won’t get it.

That said, people should dislike this film because it was boring as fuck. Even if this portrayal of the Batman character was interesting that doesn’t excuse just how tedious a film this was

The movie had a lot of good things going for itself, but in the end the plot was too weak.

Main complaint is that it's THREE HOURS LONG

>Main complaint about the film is that Batman was too emo and incompetent
And too invulnerable.
>Tanks bomb to the face
>Flies face first into a bridge
>Suit is fully bulletproof

This is the real reason. The Batman is probably the best rendition of Batman in film thus far, but because catwoman mentioned “white privileged assholes” suddenly the chuds are in seethe n cope mode. And it’s always the same walls of texts too.

It was worth it because the dark hallway scene where the goons are just unloading their entire mags him and he just walks menacingly towards them was insanely kino

if a scene is kino, but the movie is crap, the movies is still crap

>Alfred has a brick-sized load of c4 detonate two feet from him
>Wakes up in the hospital with minor cuts on his face and some bandages
>The Batman is probably the best rendition of Batman in film thus far
I didn't care for it at all for the same reason I didn't like the Daniel Craig Bond films. They neutered all the fun gadgetry in favor of some stripped down Jason Bourne. His cape gliding being some flightsuit that made him look like a flying squirrel was especially cringe.

My main complaint is that the director makes it clear he hates me because Im white.

I just want more of this

youtu.be/xvclsVaQ4zM
youtu.be/YpiLQfnWAs0

Attached: The-Batman-Batmobile.jpg (3040x1520, 172.35K)

Main complaint about the film is that it went on for too bloody long. Movie went on for 25 minutes more than it should have. Ending was drawn out and lazy. Catwoman was gently slapping people into oblivion. And batman was invincible can’t die. 7/10 would watch again

By making catwomen literally crawling pattinson's cock or by him rejecting her stupid beliefs?

His loud foot steps were annoying
why does nobody aim for his face?

The beginning scene was extremely good, probably the best in the movie

>a shotgun blast almost kills him

the film was excellent except for the script, they also fumbled the relationship with alfred too in that i think they created a rift way too quickly, i mean it didnt destry the emotional weight but to right of the bat make him say ur not muh dad didnt feel heavy enough, the actual literal take wasnt that good either, but bravo to pattinson he was alble to make us invest off the chracter without much compelling dialogue, the technical detective work was great

>why does nobody aim for his face?
You try and aim at a tiny spot at close range when it's pitch black in a narrow hallway and you're surrounded by your friend and you can't see Batman
>His loud foot steps were annoying
Yeah I didn't like that either. He's way too skinny. Batfleck could have done that.