I posted about a week ago ago about a recently greenlit Mass Effect film trilogy coming soon from Amazon Studios...

I posted about a week ago ago about a recently greenlit Mass Effect film trilogy coming soon from Amazon Studios. I heard today that the principal cast have officially signed on and there will be a public announcement by the end of the week.

Bradley Cooper is directing all three instalments and Eric Roth will co-write them with him. Matthew Libatique will be cinematographer. I've skimmed the treatments and heard various things about them and I think they will be very good.

I can answer some questions if people are interested.

Attached: QgTXe6UiLfo6ypVyNrvKz8-1200-80.jpg (1200x675, 141.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wisHcuBzTCM
youtube.com/watch?v=eBktyyaV9LY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not watching unless they subvert all expectations and Jack romance is canon.

John Mass Effect guy will be black or not?

is it femshep

>halo
>mass effect
which xbox franchise will be ruined next?

The Shepard/Liara romance will be the emotional through line of the trilogy. It's been compared a lot to Aragorn and Arwen.

Oliver Jackson Cohen will play Shepard.

>making movies about a game that relies on players choices
yeah it's gonna be shit

>Amazon
Cast it into the fire

>The Shepard/Liara romance will be the emotional through line of the trilogy. It's been compared a lot to Aragorn and Arwen.
No, the kino story is Shepard/Liara in ME1, then getting pissed that she sold you to Cerberus in ME2 and falling for the fellow Cerberus labrat Jack.

Theres always a canon though, even
with the multiple choice

Based on what you know so far, do you expect it to be woke shit? Bradley Coopers pretty cool, so I would hope not. But it IS being done by Amazon..

Since it's Amazon, more than likely. On top of nu-Bioware themselves being woke shit.

could be good shit but I'm really not counting on it, studios have had a habit of crapping all over my favored franchises as of late.

Attached: 1621935642647.jpg (456x561, 18.5K)

I don't think so. Bradley came to Amazon with a pitch that they really loved and the high level execs seem to be staying out of his way for the most part. Granted I'm not really in those meetings but the vibe I'm getting is very supportive. He has a lot of creative clout after A Star Is Born and I don't think he would have agreed to do it if he thought they were going to interfere.

All the casting is race/gender accurate to the games with the exception of Temuera Morrison playing Anderson.

>Jew Shepard
Dead on arrival

>Cohen

user we already know exactly who the love interest will be for the Cerberus arc

Attached: EuyY8q6XYAIU6jv.jpg large.jpg (1280x720, 109.02K)

Only happened a few times. What? You she's his waifu now?

Attached: Shepard-Jack-and-Miranda-Lawson-HuggyBear-Mass-Effect-Hentai-3D-CGI-680x382.jpg (680x382, 77.58K)

Destroy ending is canon, user. Also:
>mass effect
>relies on players choices
Lmao

This film/series is going to cause so much seethe no matter which direction they go in. The only winning move is not to adapt it.

And Jack is the only one who knows how to find Shepard in high ems Destroy. The only waifu who even gives a shout out to it.
Liara is kind of an avatar for Paragon Control. Her Shadow Broker schtick, her constant moralizing.

>The Shepard/Liara romance will be the emotional through line of the trilogy. It's been compared a lot to Aragorn and Arwen.
lmao sounds like paragon bullshit

the only real way to experience mass effect is renegade small decisions, paragon big decisions. having liara as the love interest means shepard is going to be cringe moralfag.

Oh wait Jack is the absolutely disgusting bitch that's also a total cunt, I remember now, terrible character hope she's not in it

According to the treatments her and Shepard have a very sexually charged and flirty back-and-fourth but ultimately do not have sex. They tried very hard to get Margot Robbie but she turned it down. Phoebe Tonkin has been cast as Miranda.

There is no "choice" element to the Crucible in the final film, and there's no Star Child either. It's revealed that the Crucible is essentially a test made by the creators of the Reapers that was only possible to solve if all races of the a given galactic cycle worked together. They believed that if a galactic society was able to build it and activate it then they had achieved a level of unity that no one else had before them and could be left alive. Shepard must die to active it but the Reapers are deactivated en masse afterwards. No Geth or other technology are affected.

>earthborn
>war hero
>renegade
>soldier
>romance tali
>destroy ending

Attached: 1649495418509.jpg (831x1024, 60.55K)

She is the best. What are you on? Once you listen to her troubles of her fucked up upbringing of being an experiment she is way more chill but still has a badass attitude.

She's not in the first one but Lily Collins has been cast for parts 2 and 3.

>Oliver Jackson Cohen
>Phoebe Tonkin
>Temuera Morrison
The lack of star power is evidence this is going to be shit

(((cohen)))
dropped

It's actually evidence it might be good

sure moshe, whatever you say

No it is isn’t you retard. No studio would put down the needed money without having recognised names to market it. Amazon don’t have faith and are doing it on the cheap. It will be shit.

Did they get Seth Green?

>It's revealed that the Crucible is essentially a test made by the creators of the Reapers that was only possible to solve if all races of the a given galactic cycle worked together. They believed that if a galactic society was able to build it and activate it then they had achieved a level of unity that no one else had before them and could be left alive. Shepard must die to active it but the Reapers are deactivated en masse afterwards. No Geth or other technology are affected.
>it’s actually worse than the game’s ending

Attached: 0401255D-4FCA-42E2-83E2-3DA035BF2275.png (225x225, 9.31K)

I don't care because if it's true they will make femShep that 15% of players picked as the MC and not Vanderloo.

didn't reead the thread, did you?

Elizabeth Olsen will play Liara
Thomasin Mackenzie will play Tali
Jeffrey Wright will play Udina
Lucas Hedges will play Joker
Joel Kinnaman will play Kaidan Alenko
Rosa Salazar will play Ashley Williams
Tobias Menzies will play Zaeed
Aldis Hodge will play Jacob
Viggo Mortensen will play the Illusive Man

Tom Hiddleston will voice Saren (who is in all three films)

Garrus, Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Thane will all be voiced by their original actors. I’m not sure why Saren has been recast.

Samara, Grunt, and James Vega aren’t in the films.

No, i respond to the OP and that's it. I don't have the time to read comments other than mine and i don't care about them either.

>and I think they will be very good
Then you're a fucking retard

Halo has a live action series ongoing right now and its shit and it probably has a bigger budget than any theoretical Mass Effect series ever would. Videogame adaptions are almost universally awful for a wide variety of reasons, all of which would apply to a Mass Effect adaption.

Nice larp. Those are some serious miscasts.

then just stfu, they already posted the actor who'll play shep, allegedly

I hate bioware for fucking over Samara so leaving her out would at least cut to the chase

Attached: 1589210808736.jpg (1024x914, 59.19K)

This is seperate to the series. The budget for each film was approved for 175 million dollars. That’s pretty high end. It’s easily the biggest film production Amazon has done

It's not happening, and even if it is, it will be another amazon/netflix sjw shit that won't have Shepard punching the female reporter.

>Mass Effect film trilogy coming soon from Amazon Studios.

Attached: 1642123128263.png (548x1874, 50.68K)

That's lame.

youtube.com/watch?v=wisHcuBzTCM

I can't believe it's already a whole decade since it all ended. Feels like yesterday that i was doing several replays.

>Martin Sheen isn't illusive man
Dropped.

anyone remember this kino trailer? too bad the game was shit
youtube.com/watch?v=eBktyyaV9LY

Mostly i remember what a huge shit ending and fuck you to the players 3 was.

Viggo Mortensen is a ridiculously based alternative though

Remember: Skip all reboots, remakes, reimaginings, returns, long awaited sequels, adaptations and nostalgia bait. It's for your own good.

Once the purchase is finished, Warcraft.

The game with a famously bad story that devolved into sequels with even worse writing is getting a show? Exciting stuff, amazon.

>The budget for each film was approved for 175 million dollars
its like youre not even trying to convince people you arent larping

>not dropping it when you see (((cohen)))
ngmi

its not possible to ruin xbox franchises. they're all garbage.

That's true, but it so obviously should be Martin

>i pirate, so it matters not

Leslie Jones as miranda
whoopie goldberg as liara
fat mexican faye for jack

>not picking lizzo
ngmi

theatrical releases?

>and I think they will be very good.
so they will retcon the myriad of plot holes from the third game then? cool