Why didn't he do a genocide run?

Why didn't he do a genocide run?

Attached: 31ah-groundhogday-movies-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg (981x551, 96.61K)

He did but they didn't show it on film because that would make him the bad guy

>catched

Fear of breaking the loop that day

MPAA PG rating is why

>do a genocide
>realize next morning that its not the same day
>rest of the movie set in death row awaiting death penalty

He wouldn't be trialed, he has enough evidences to prove he was locked in a time loop.

He did but they didn't show it on film because that would make him the bad guy

He tests that out early on by doing stuff that gets him thrown in jail. The drunk driving night. After he realised nothing will reset the day, he does other bad shit, like robbing the money car and knocking out Phil.

this, the execs just didn't let it be shown on tv, but it is implied

The movie is supposed to be a small compilation of events he enacted within a span of maybe 2 years. In reality he may have spent 20 or 50 years in the loop since he's basically immortal. Probably raped and/or killed everyone in the town multiple times. Including the kids It's a story of purgatory. His soul is only released once it is cleansed.

Attached: yeji 1603165717105.jpg (2048x1536, 477.87K)

>ywn get to line children up against the wall and machine gun them down while forcing their parents to watch and then rape the mother immediately after

Attached: feelsbadman.gif (220x220, 66.64K)

He really spends 3 years in that loop?

you can't even count it in years because there were probably thousands of days where he just killed himself almost instantly after waking up, so you can't just say he spent 3 years just because there were a thousand days

guy that made it said it's suppose to be implied it's at least a decade or some shit

He did several
Did you even watch the movie?

Weak bait

I'm surprised that the one thing he never tries is a serious attempt at escaping from the town. Like, he could just get up and immediately make a run for it. Steal a helicopter or an offroad car and try to GTFO before the storm hits.

It takes more than 3 years to learn the piano and speak french, plus learn the life story of everyone in the town. He was there for decades.

My favorite scene is when he sits down in the dinner with the co-worker chick and explains to her that he's "basically a God". The look on her face is so full of disgust, I love it...

It's not shown explicitly. I mean at the end he knows everyone in the town, including their full life story, medical condition, social problems, and of course what they do that day from morning to evening.

+ add the countless times he tried to pull different stunts like stealing from the money transporter. I imagine something like this:

>try to steal the money
>get caught
>kill yourself immediately with a gun
>try again next day correcting the mistakes
>get caught
>KYS
>try again
>get caught
>KYS
>....
...until you get it 100% right.

I think he spent a few decades in there at least.

Attached: yeji 1646089342285.jpg (2180x3270, 2.61M)

what if he took meth and stayed up for 3 days?

Won't matter. He can make it out of town, but as soon as he falls asleep, he'll wake up in the loop again. Even 3-second sleep while driving may trigger it.

I don't think he ever actually tries staying awake until 6am until the last night before the cycle breaks. Maybe that's all it took.

this you sick niggers

there's no reason for the time loop and you never know when it would suddenly stop. I assume most people don't have any desire to kill or rape or do terrible things, so by the time you're so far gone that those things even enter your radar as being stuff to do out of boredom, you're completely gone as a person and will never recover. phil retains his humanity from start to finish and does good because he believes the loop will eventually end. the few times they show him fucking around he isn't doing anything irredeemably evil. the fucker still tries to save lives even when he knows it doesn't make a difference.

and even if it didn't, I can't imagine ever turning into a sick fuck. I'd just nap all day. people already do the same shit every day on weekends, you can't tell me OH NO AN ENTIRE LIFETIME OF WEEKENDS would suddenly drive a normal person to become a psychopathic murder rapist.

meth always makes me fall asleep

see >as soon as he falls asleep, he'll wake up in the loop again

The original script was 10 000 years
>The final film explicitly cut any reference to the length of Connors’ penure, but his time consigned to purgatory appears to have been much more reasonable. Director Harold Ramis, who died in 2014, oncetold the New York Timesthat Connors was stuck in Groundhog Day for only 10 years. Later, in a2009 emailto Heeb Magazine, Ramis would revise his estimate. “It takes at least 10 years to get good at anything, and, allotting (sic) for the down time and misguided years he spent, it had to be more like 30 or 40 years,” he wrote.

Not a bait, that's true, he can tell the background of every motherfucker in town, he knows every building and anything to the last bolt, there's no jury on earth that would dismiss that.

wow you're racist

still he probably would want to see a different day once in a while, even if in the same place, just some different actions, after so many years

In the original script of the movie he relived that day for thousands of years.

You can't genocide in one day, dumbfagala.

What if he got in a plane and flew around the earth faster than the terminator so the day never ended?

Much longer than that. He learned a few instruments and a few languages and a lot of other skills. He was in that time loop for a very long time.

Genocide is just killing off a specific ethnic or religious group of people in some area. There's only like 5 black people in the town. He could technically commit genocide if he killed them.

>Lives the same day a thousand years
>Doesn't have the urge to kill himself the moment he discovers he broke the loop
Kind of unrealistic.

>I assume most people don't have any desire to kill or rape or do terrible things
Then you are a naive child.

Attached: 1618091298910.gif (200x200, 1.45M)

What if he got in a plane and hit the world trade center and exited the loop

wym THE world trade centre? There's lots of world trade centres.

How many jews could he take down in 24 hours ?

If you use a plus sign, you don't have to use the word add, because that is redundant.

We don't know if it works that way. It could be that the loop resets as soon as 6am happens, regardless of whether Murray is awake or not.

Who's to say he didn't? The movie doesn't show every iteration. Hell, with all the time he spent in there genocide was probably one of the least fucked up things he did.

Who says he didn't?

insanity defense if even that saves him lol

It won't work because he'll teleport back to his bed at midnight (or whenever the day resets). He tries to stay awake in the movie and it doesn't work.

I literally didn't know he was in that loop for years. Holy shit is Groundhog Day a horror movie?

It's an existential horror movie

>you can't tell me OH NO AN ENTIRE LIFETIME OF WEEKENDS would suddenly drive a normal person to become a psychopathic murder rapist.
He started killing himself over and over, so clearly the timeloop does affect you mentally.
Maybe he went through the stages and went on an anger rampage and massacred people, then got depressed again and started suiciding, but finally found redemption again and helped people

>kill someone
>the next repeat they do not exist

It was looping not at night but at the next time he wakes up

6 gorillion divided by 1460 (4 years)

If the only thing that stops you from killing people is the fear of punishment then you're a piece of crud.

i'm pretty sure at the end of every piece of legislation, there's not asterisk that says "this is legal if you're stuck in a time loop"

Murderous intent may not be entirely there if he has clear reason to believe the person would be alive again the next day with no memory or harm what so ever. Depending on the severity of what he does, it may be hard to garner sympathy with this anyway.

>AKSHUALY THIS CLASSIC COMEDY IS LE SLOWBURN EXISTENTIAL HORROR
Zoomers

His attempts to prove that he has been in a timeloop would just make him seem like a schizo who has been studying the town obsessively, anyhow.

yeah, just point and laugh with your mouth full of unchewed trash
missing an ouch my balls scene too, shit movie

It's funny how Groundhog Day threads always manage to bring up new central topics within itself.

>ITT: Would a court jury set him free upon the declaration of proof that he was stuck in a time-loop and therefore assumed his deeds would be undone within 24 hours?

My answer is no. Let's be honest, no court would free him. They probably wouldn't even listen to his endless tirades of elaborating about each detail in the town, but just outright label him mentally ill. They'd lock him in a ward for the rest of his life.

Attached: bowie laugh.gif (200x200, 752.25K)

So he's been in the loop for decades, and once he gets out he has to get back to work the next day. Does he still remember how to do his job and shit?

>I assume most people don't have any desire to kill or rape or do terrible things
based retard

with what he's learnt he could just get another job anywhere

Did you even watch the movie? The last day has him do the best take he's ever done on camera.

In the original screenplay in starts with him already having been stuck in the loop for thousands of years from his perspective and he's basically insane with nihilism and depression and has probably raped/killed everyone many times over

That depends on whether or not Groundhog Day scenarios exist in pop culture in this universe. I absolutely would believe him in the face of 'he knows literally every word I was going to say before I said it' but if he could also point and say "It's like that episode of Twilight Zone where the guy has the same dream every night!" I'd bet more people would believe him.

He'd have to fight the funny skeleton man at the end