What's with this trend of reimagining supervillains as incels?

What's with this trend of reimagining supervillains as incels?

Attached: B61AA4DF-FE2A-460F-B74D-438D815459DD.png (1198x1698, 1.36M)

It's always been done to an extent, from Penguin in Batman Returns in 1992 to Electro in TASM 2 in 2014. Romantic failure and social isolation contributing to hostility towards society is an obvious backstory for a villainous character, it's just now there's a word for it. Plenty of superhero characters have this too, going from unwanted losers to superhuman beings, their lack of resentment towards their problems being part of what defines them as heroic in contrast to the villain. Captain America for example, or Spider-Man who really has the same attitude as villain at first, just using his powers for fame and fortune, resentful towards a world in which he'd previously felt like a loser.

Attached: AF15.jpg (717x703, 190.5K)

it's all propaganda to be a wagey
just like shounen in japan

to an extent yeah, also not to be a natsee

Why is having a lack of sexual value the trait of a pariah in a world of egalitarianism?
Why is the unhinged child abuse and neglect case described as worth purging instead of worth saving if it's deeply dissatisfied with how society fosters it?
Why is the concern of their actions inferior to the concern over their lack of sexual approval?

Didn’t Penguin get pussy?

Humans are animals, plain and simple. I hate all of humanity.

We live in an unprecedented zeitgeist of hedonism and consumerism made possible by technology and social media. Those in power have always sought to control the population through their passions, but without the technology (social media) to spread their glorification of hedonism and consumerism this method of control was limited to only certain wealthy and bohemian groups - there were always places that remained isolated in millenia old tradition of monogamy, discipline, and morality. With social media the machine to control by passion has spread to every small corner of the world, those choosing not to participate or are incapable of becoming a participant of passion (incel) are left behind and designated a blasphemer of this new religion. These are your new villains, not the wealthy scientist attempting to become emperor of the world through extortion, but the denier or exile from the cult of passion who wants to live in a simple, moral world which no longer exists

Diddler is not an incel

He was a disgusting monster manlet, Christopher Walken had to promise him "unlimited poontang" as an incentive for him to run for mayor.

Real people dislike incels it makes sense

Because society fears us...

Attached: 1553978268384.jpg (474x710, 54.89K)

Matt Reeves is trying to speak to you. To show you the world you see, and show that lashing out in violence is not the way.
Joker was to show that he understands the world that hates you, and the need to stop pretending to care.
The Batman was to show a better use for your violence and anger than vengeance.

Have sex

What makes him incel? Just wearing glases, looking nerdy and being autistic? He didn't say anything about his sexual activity nor anything hateful towards women.

all leftwingers are child abusers

Because a Chad would never become villain

Thanks for letting us know it affected you.
Go from The Joker to The Batman, not like The Riddler.

making a new class that is hateable and programming NPCs to not feel pitty for the things that will happen to them (Incels)

"The Riddler"? How about "The Rapist"?

i'm not an incel, but i sympathize with them a little. modern culture is vain and darwinian. the pressures that exist now weren't so prominent when other qualities were also valued in people. or maybe i don't like hypocrisy either. people try to bring more awareness on bullying, but they still write off autists. and then once these guys break, they play stupid and wonder why it happened.

Therapist? Like in Batman Forever?

Can't spell "therapist" without "the trips"

Neither of these characters have 'reeeee im a virgin' as a character trait or as a motivation

Joker is starved for human affection and so pretends he has a GF but thats not the catalyst for what he does or is it based on 'muh dick'. He fantasises about talking to someone about his hobbies, not sex.

Riddler literally never mentions relationships in any capacity.

Because incel is the final terror that's been unleashed on western civilization. Muslim goatfuckers? Well, a bomb attack every now and then is okay. Negroes? Phew, deities. But Incel? He's the boogeyman who is now realising his true form. He's the one thing that cannot be rehabilitated, contained, killed or destroyed.

Large populations of disaffected young men that see no good future and want to push blame to the external.
That's the muslim bomber. that's the negro. that's the incel. They're all the same - just different expressions due to culture.

Is the lack of pussy motivating the negro or muslim too?

Often times, yes.
But the lack of pussy just gave a name in the West. It has much more to do with hope than with pussy.
Sending out legions of prostitutes to mollify all the incels would only delay the problems, not solve anything.

Muslim yes, negro behaviour is just innate.

What's your solution then, mr. Know-it-all?
Take the /sig/ pill and shut up? Maintain the status quo slavishly?

Have sex
if that doesn't work
Dilate
if that doesn't work
Seethe and cope

Maybe bombers, but not all Muslim terrorists. They're pent up males that hate the modern world too, but they just want adventure (I mean like ISIS or Taliban). Only their idea of adventure isn't King Arthur or Cowboys.

That was kind of the point of The Batman to me: dealing with this trauma and anger that the world gave to us.
You are RIGHT to be angry, to want to hurt the evil and the rot in this world.
But that doesnt help, and it can inspire others to go too far, to hit the wrong targets.
The Batman couldnt JUST be Vengeance.
He also has to be Justice.
And while vengeance is about hurting those that did wrong, justice is about fixing the issues the wrongs caused.

In my opinion, it's not lack of sex alone, so prostitutes can't solve it.

It absolutely would "solve" everything. Everyone is miserable. Existentially, life sucks for the modern person, women included. This is all true but then where is the rebellion? Everyone is so defeated and apathetic and forgetful. Governments and corporations get away with anything they want now. And no one does anything.
You're telling me handing out 1 billion cute young girl AI robots wouldn't solve anything? The modern man already doesn't rebel, having his laundry and cooking done and getting his dick sucked every day is going to make him take a nap, not work on changing his country. It wouldn't solve anything but we'd all be a lot happier and it would make women seethe

Attached: 1497425455266.jpg (960x960, 74.72K)

Wow so deep, definitely needed 200 million dollars to tell this profound and bold story

This movie really was about trauma to me.
Think of the super-tech Batman had in this movie.
The only really advanced thing was his contact lens recording (and his grapple gun, but that doesnt fit my point).
A hidden device that let him record and play things back perfectly.
Like a memory one runs over and over in their head.
Like how a trauma victim replays events.
Like how abuse victims may seem "checked out" but are absorbing and recording everything around them, and being influenced by it and playing it back in their heads.
>This is all true but then where is the rebellion?
1 - our system tried very hard to put in safety valves to release pressure and allow for change without needing rebellion
2 - we have all sorts of things to give us as close to young girl AI robots as possible, which subdue the impetus to change the society that is not working
With these two things, the rebellion which would be happening is delayed and subdued and muffled. It IS happening. This nation IS in a civil war. And I think come the next presidential election we will see a huge increase of cars-as-weapons and the start of something like the Irish's The Troubles.

Honestly when I first watched it my thought was
>meh, it's a par detective story, but I have no idea why it was told with millions of dollars
I still agree it's a bit self-indulgent. But now at least I can see the message Matt Reeves is trying to get across.
It's still one of
>incel bad, dont be incel
But it's trying to be sympathetic.
After all, the first part of the message (The Joker) really resonated with the incels.

Incel is a word made to shame lonely ppl on their lack of sex life.
In the past we had "loners" (asocial ppl) and now we have "incels" (sexually frustrated ugly males)
Its one of thoses words used as a psychological weapon, proof is this thread was made even tho thoses movies are not about "incels" at all, but everyone is already aggregating thoses loners type to the new word to describe them: incel.
There is nothing else to the subject, expect to hear the word as a way to say "sexual predator" in the next decade.

Attached: 1650591834957.png (400x400, 106.6K)

>But now at least I can see the message Matt Reeves is trying to get across.
The message is explicitly stated in a monologue at the end, it's anti-art.

Villains have to be someone it's safe to hate and wish bad things upon.

Attached: FC015A6D-62D4-44AB-9263-7ED07FBE5362.jpg (1206x876, 98.03K)

>Billionare sad boy dress in black leather, beat the shit out of poor and mentally ill people
>cool, deserves a chance to improve, I can fix him
>Smart guy has a rough life, becomes a bitter incel
>fuck him
Yeah, great message.

Attached: 1650438176172.gif (430x288, 2.42M)

Attached: Untitled.png (772x160, 48.56K)

Movies have to be more grounded, now.
Everything has to be desaturated, all the silliness removed, guy in a bat costume has to be taken seriously.

Attached: The_Riddler_%28BF%29.jpg (800x952, 228.13K)

>Billionare sad boy dress in black leather, beat the shit out of poor and mentally ill people
Yes, that was the man who has been hurt even with their high class and societal advantages. That can see even though he benefits from the system, it is corrupt and not working. The person who is lashing out for good reason, but not in good ways.
>Smart guy has a rough life, becomes a bitter incel
Yes, this is the hurt guy without the priveledge. The one who saw the ideologue's struggle and wanted to join. It's why he thought Batman would join him, and why it was again so traumatizing to learn that he was alone.
>fuck him
I never got this from the movie. Riddler wasnt evil, he was hurt.

While you all make good points, the common sense explanation is that an ugly villain physically will lash out, and therefore have those traits.

But a handsome villain, like Homelander in The Boys, for example, will approach villainy differently and be a covert narcissist, because that's the hand the genetic lottery dealt him.

Think about how a handsome hero will often have a different personality to an ugly hero; they're both still heroes but their personalities have to match what God dealt them.

Attached: 275625354_5098196350202571_5574858774539554348_n.jpg (700x639, 32.54K)

I like Incel Riddler. He's still really similar to traditional version; the biggest difference is really just his appearance. Incel Joker was a good movie but it didn't remind me of the original character at all.

I just like Paul Dano.
Classic Riddler is best Riddler.

>Riddler wasnt evil, he was hurt.
It's very very strongly implied Riddler was sexually molested as a child, and the commentary is that nonces and thus trauma make these people and they're just as much to blame, as well as their enablers (Thomas Wayne).

>trauma make these people
Trauma makes lots of people. Trauma also made Catwoman, and she wasnt trying to kill a bunch of normies. Trauma made Batman. Hell, you could probably argue trauma made the Waynes and Falcones in this telling of the story.

>It's very very strongly implied Riddler was sexually molested as a child
No it wasn't

It's just barneyshit

Still one guy is a hero and the other is in jail. Money makes a whole lot of difference.

Money and a jawline

I found it hilarious and shocking that on an anti-extremism course I had to do at work, the label 'incel' was thrown in with extremist groups like the taliban, IRA and neo nazis.

>Still one guy is a hero and the other is in jail.
Yes, it ultimately is a system-enforcing movie. One guy was trying to fix the problems in the system, the other was trying to tear it down. One was beating up black gang members who idolized The Joker and the other was killing positions of power, and at the end regular people on the street.
The difference the movie was trying to highlight is that Batman as always punishes but doesnt go "too far". Not killing. That's always the difference between the vigilante and the villains in Batman stories.

Cept for that one dude that Batman directed the shotgun blast to.

>One was beating up black gang members
They were all white except for the quadroon initiate who didn't do anything. This was deliberate.

Never got the jawline thing. Not everyone needs to look like a lego to be handsome.
Funny because Riddler was taking the real shit, going after the heads, while Batman just beat thugs. Makes Batman looks just like a spoiled kid venting his anger while Riddler really got a grip on reality and had a real plan.

>Grew up in an orphanage that was allowed to fall into disrepair with likely horrible, abusive leadership
>Tends to almost seductively kill his victims and is a sadist to them
>Obsessed with justice and fairness and revenge similarly to Batman but has violent fantasies of comeuppance, common of CSA victims
>Disassociative; tends to have grandiose ideals of justice likely as a coping mechanism for his own not being addressed as a child, probably a PTSD response
>Very obviously displays childlike, regressive traits, especially when retraumatised, again, common of victims
>Has borderline/histrionic traits, again common of victims
>Obsessively clings to riddles and puzzles likely as a form of escapism
>Speaks of his physical abuse as a child ambiguously, implying it may have been sexual

Yeah, sure. No subtext there at all.

Attached: 275666685_5004335276350987_3260669547710561727_n.jpg (1440x1806, 380.2K)

>Makes Batman looks just like a spoiled kid venting his anger while Riddler really got a grip on reality and had a real plan.
Very much so. Batman had power to actually affect change, but all he could do was punch down at graffiti artists and muggers.
Riddler actually DID affect change, but it bled out into people with no connection, and copycats that just wanted to spread violence rather than better things.

Mass shootings are the voices of the unheard.
-Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

>Tends to almost seductively kill his victims
No he doesn't
>implying it may have been sexual
No he doesn't
All the rest is conjecture, it's not "very very strongly implied"
you stink of faggotry, go back

Penguin Origin story is about how he was bullied as a kid in the school, the bullies even killed the birds of his familiar pet store, they called "Penguin" since school because he was small, fat and her mother make him take am umbrella everywhere, since his father died of pneumonia. That's why he decide to train and become a gangster, just vengeance. Pussy come after he also become a wealthy man.

No, if you see all serial killers who focused in women, since Ed Gein to Ted Bundy, all of them are incels.

>Never got the jawline thing. Not everyone needs to look like a lego to be handsome.
I cringe

Because the modern world is run by women and thats how they think

It's a good read but the writing on this movie is very shallow, you maybe reading into Dano's performance (I bet he used that background), not the script.

Attached: 1650546085078.webm (360x640, 232.72K)

I'm not saying it's a good thing or that the character is gay, and also, he literally gets behind the mayor and ties him up evocative of a rapist.

>since Ed Gein to Ted Bundy, all of them are incels.
What?
Most of the famous serial killers were very charming and sociable. Even the gay ones like Dahmer got plenty of tail.

The police got behind the Riddler and handcuffed, evocativ of a rapist.

batman spied on catwoman through her bedroom window, evocative of a rapist

James Gordon was a negro, evocative of a rapist

Ted Bundy wasn't an incel though. The most fucked up thing about him (ironically) is that he seemed and behaved normal in a lot of ways society expects. And yet he still did what he did.